A Web-Based Character Generator - The Genesys Emporium

By SkyJedi, in Genesys

Great work!! I wait for custom Talents.

Perhaps you can add a way to redact or remove skills that are NOT in the campaign.

Edited by Gamemasterbob
Added info.

Ack, my question regarding custom datasets was already answered elsewhere but I can't delete the post.

So I'll still leave a big thank you note, SkyJedi! Awesome utility!

Edited by Dragonshadow
found answer already.
On 2/20/2018 at 8:28 PM, Gamemasterbob said:

Great work!! I wait for custom Talents.

Perhaps you can add a way to redact or remove skills that are NOT in the campaign.

you can redact already. click on the skill sub section titles. IE general, combat, knowledge...

3 hours ago, Daeglan said:

you can redact already. click on the skill sub section titles. IE general, combat, knowledge...

Click on the skill categories 'general' 'combat' 'social' 'magic' or 'knowledge' and BE AMAZED!

.......alright, thanks @Daeglan

Edited by SkyJedi

Great work !!

Maybe I'm a bit clumsy, but, where is the Print button ??

If I hit the Print on the browser, it's not very "nice" layout,...

2 hours ago, Solkar77 said:

Great work !!

Maybe I'm a bit clumsy, but, where is the Print button ??

If I hit the Print on the browser, it's not very "nice" layout,...

File...print is the best I've got right now. Sorry

Im working on sorting out the mess of data in my database right now. Ifnall goes according to plan I'll be able to automatically migrate everyone to the new structure.

BUT just in case, you should export all characters just incase I screw it up. (I'll probably screw it up)

I'm ready to deploy the dataset fixes, but i'll wait until this evening 8pm CST 3/6, to give everyone a chance to backup first. After that you can just login and the website will automatically migrate your data.

I'll leave the fixer script active for until April 1, after that I'm going to take it out. It makes loading time longer. After April 1, none of the old data will be accessible.

If you logged during the fixer period, all your data is safe (custom data will be migrated automatically).

if you exported your data, all your characters are safe (custom data will need to be reentered) .

All you have to do to ensure all your data is safe is log in between March 7th and April 1st

New code is live, You shouldn't have to do anything fancy, just login and wait until you see the App. It should only take a 10-15 seconds.

So is this just a database update?

45 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

So is this just a database update?

Yes and no. It's reformatting the database, but also how the app interacts with the database. Should be a little less janky for the user.

No new featurs other then that thiugh

Slightly new layout! you won't notice much, but its a lot easier to work with on my end. Mobile should be loads better now

0wh9buK.jpg

Super basic Custom Archetypes are done

vjRvd2F.png

qv2fjpY.png

Custom Talents click on Talents header to add/remove

Amazing job.

Add the tab for introducing 'powers' and you nailed it!!

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Solkar77 said:

Amazing job.

Add the tab for introducing 'powers' and you nailed it!!

Thanks!

Powers?

Sorry. I meant spells,... as described on the Gen Con characters. A tab for introducing the Arcane Spear from Leoric or the Mercy of Kelos from Alys.

But, thinking on this,... I assume it is more related to setting than character. If the setting option is to go to complete free form spells, then spell tab is useless.

I was thinking on my own game, were most casters must define and learn particular effects and cast them always in a predetermined way.

Once we can import datasets, will there be a size restriction? I ask because I would love to try importing the gargantuan talent list found elsewhere on this forum rather than having every talent description simply be a page reference. That's not a critique of your work, I understand why you didn't include verbatim descriptions. But I suspect it wouldn't be too long before a custom dataset appears in the wild to duplicate the content of that list.

5 hours ago, Dragonshadow said:

Once we can import datasets, will there be a size restriction? I ask because I would love to try importing the gargantuan talent list found elsewhere on this forum rather than having every talent description simply be a page reference. That's not a critique of your work, I understand why you didn't include verbatim descriptions. But I suspect it wouldn't be too long before a custom dataset appears in the wild to duplicate the content of that list.

Once you can import datasets, the custom data will be used instead of the data in the Emporium. You can use this now by adding a custom skill or talent or archetype with the same name. For instance I've switch every skill to brawn for a DBZ game

One caveat is that I don't have modifiers in place yet, so custom data won't change attributes like defense/strain/wounds yet.

Once I get the import up and working, the easiest thing might be to grab the files from GitHub, edit then, then upload those

Edited by SkyJedi

Fantastic work @SkyJedi ! Will be heavily using your CharGen. And donated! :)

you can now add any of the book defined archetype talents for custom Archetypes.

custom talents can now modify attributes and add dice/symbols to dice pools for skills

Great job!!

Thanks

This is awesome! Thank you