A Web-Based Character Generator - The Genesys Emporium

By SkyJedi, in Genesys

52 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

If i click in the talent adding the tree sometimes some disappear. I have not figured out how to replicate it reliably. This in firefox 58.0.1 64bit.

seems to happen when you click into a lower level talent, then click submit, it clears all the higher level talents. I'll throw it on the list.

52 minutes ago, SkyJedi said:

seems to happen when you click into a lower level talent, then click submit, it clears all the higher level talents. I'll throw it on the list.

awesome. I knew something was up. but hadnt figured out the specifics. :) Glad you found the problem :)

2 hours ago, Daeglan said:

awesome. I knew something was up. but hadnt figured out the specifics. :) Glad you found the problem :)

fixed!

woot

Did I miss the ability to save a character? What happened? I change information, I find nothing. When I hit "New Character", I get a new hash in the dropdown. Selecting hashes brings up information with no way for me to save.

I feel dumb.

8 minutes ago, CitizenKeen said:

Did I miss the ability to save a character? What happened? I change information, I find nothing. When I hit "New Character", I get a new hash in the dropdown. Selecting hashes brings up information with no way for me to save.

I feel dumb.

everything should automatically save to the currently selected character once you input any data. No save data button necessary. Specifically it saves once you click out, tab out, or select another text box or select anything from a dropdown menu

Edited by SkyJedi
34 minutes ago, SkyJedi said:

everything should automatically save to the currently selected character once you input any data. No save data button necessary. Specifically it saves once you click out, tab out, or select another text box or select anything from a dropdown menu

From existing character, I click "New Character", type in a name "Jiminy Christmas", hit tab, click "New Character", and all I'm left with of Jiminy is their hash. I feel like it's bigger than that, but haven't 100% recreated other scenarios. Working on it.

2 hours ago, CitizenKeen said:

From existing character, I click "New Character", type in a name "Jiminy Christmas", hit tab, click "New Character", and all I'm left with of Jiminy is their hash. I feel like it's bigger than that, but haven't 100% recreated other scenarios. Working on it.

The character names can't refresh until you refresh the page. All the other data is presistent though

17 minutes ago, SkyJedi said:

The character names can't refresh until you refresh the page. All the other data is presistent though

But you have to have a character name, then?

New Character -> Change Player Name -> Choose Archetype (Mongrel) -> New Character. Go back to old new character. No information retained.

59 minutes ago, CitizenKeen said:

New Character -> Change Player Name -> Choose Archetype (Mongrel) -> New Character. Go back to old new character. No information retained.

Huh it's not saving, weird. It actually probably saving then overwriting. Anyway Refresh the page before making your second new character saves it all.

I'll throw it on the list of things to double check

Edited by SkyJedi
5 hours ago, CitizenKeen said:

got a fix done, I'll push it when i finish up custom skills in the next day or two

custom skills done, pushing now. click on skills header to add/remove custom skills

@CitizenKeen 's character bug also patched

Edited by SkyJedi

mobile layout slightly better

1 hour ago, SkyJedi said:

custom skills done, pushing now. click on skills header to add/remove custom skills

@CitizenKeen 's character bug also patched

How do you create new skills? This seems to hide show existing ones?

32 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

How do you create new skills? This seems to hide show existing ones?

This header, not that one

Vqx0elb.jpg

7 minutes ago, SkyJedi said:

This header, not that one

Vqx0elb.jpg

awesome! thanks

Custom Careers can now be made. click the custom button in the career row. You can add custom skills to the career as well, just make sure to input the skills first.

AO2Ap67.png

Oh, custom datasets (skills, careers, soon Archetypes and talents) should be available across all characters on your account.

couple of fixes

Defensive talent is now functional

elf archetype defense now works

vanguard auto adv now displays

delete character warning

archetype talents now display on talent list

more mobile formatting

gear qualities is functional and should calcuate dice for the gear. I also fixed a problem that deleted a bunch of data when you deleted a piece of gear or custom data

WDTSpDX.png

10 hours ago, SkyJedi said:

gear qualities is functional and should calcuate dice for the gear. I also fixed a problem that deleted a bunch of data when you deleted a piece of gear or custom data

WDTSpDX.png

I cant figure out how to edit equipment now

2 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

I cant figure out how to edit equipment now

Go down to equipment log, it's below carried gear

25 minutes ago, SkyJedi said:

Go down to equipment log, it's below carried gear

I did. i can't figure it out. I click on items nothing pops up. I click on the tabs they turn blue. but nothing allows me to edit the items.

15 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

I did. i can't figure it out. I click on items nothing pops up. I click on the tabs they turn blue. but nothing allows me to edit the items.

just checked it out, you can click the the item name or any of the other data points and a edit item popup appears. make sure the XP

boxes aren't covering up the box.

hop on the genesys discord I can be more back and forth there

kE2UGcb.png

derp, that was my bad coding again. should be all good now! you'll need to reenter qualities on weapons and stuff