A Web-Based Character Generator - The Genesys Emporium

By SkyJedi, in Genesys

Mobile layout is SLIGHTLY BETTER now

How hard would it be to have equipment have an option to give talents when equipped?

1 minute ago, Daeglan said:

How hard would it be to have equipment have an option to give talents when equipped?

Should be easy, going to figure out qualities first. I'll put talents on the list

awesome
A Vehicle tab in the Equipment would be good as well.

Edited by Daeglan

fixed a bug/I coded it wrong with careerSkills

Derp, github linked in OP

This is such a great character sheet, thank you.

What features do you have planned? Custom careers would be fantastic, or at least a way to add career skills manually.

49 minutes ago, Richardbuxton said:

This is such a great character sheet, thank you.

What features do you have planned? Custom careers would be fantastic, or at least a way to add career skills manually.

OP Dude, OP...also i'll ad custom careers to the OP

Edited by SkyJedi

Since i'm a big fan of owning your own data, the Export character button is now functional. it should pull all the data the site needs to build your character. It doesn't do much good yet, since i really need to get that Import function working. At least you have the data incase I freak out and delete the database

Edited by SkyJedi

awesome

@SkyJedi . awesome work. When you get around to implementing custom Talent sets, please include prerequisites. I'd love to import some massive set of Talents but only see the ones I'm eligible for, etc. Long term planning, but I know you're probably doing some architecture conceptualizing now.

Looks great and wil be very helpful Thanks! :)

Import character now working. Export from before need to be re-exported as i've changed things a tad

I've split careerRank and rank apart in skills (user can't tell the difference) to prepare to make military training function correctly

I can't even access it, I get the log in with Google+, the screen flickers and then nothing happens.

1 hour ago, eldath said:

I can't even access it, I get the log in with Google+, the screen flickers and then nothing happens.

Sounds like a popup blocker, ad blocker, or no script issue

I do have a popup blocker but I whitelisted the site and even paused it. I might try again with my Tablet given the above comment about the mobile site.

Allowing custom settings would be very nice.

to make up our own archetype, roles, and etc

33 minutes ago, Crowag said:

Allowing custom settings would be very nice.

to make up our own archetype, roles, and etc

from OP

v1.2

• Custom data sets for archetypes/gear/skills
  • import/export datasets

the tool you built is great. I would like to be able to customize all the basic attributes to build unique races and roles

Edited by Crowag
2 minutes ago, Crowag said:

Careers?

from OP

v1.1

• Mobile Layout
  • Print Layout
  • Custom Skills
  • Custom Motivations
  • custom careers
Edited by SkyJedi

Basic Military Training talent now does its thang. I also changed a a bunch of backend talent/derived stats stuff to prepare for custom datasets. Basically, talents can easily change any derived stat now and add dice to skills

17 minutes ago, Crowag said:

the tool you built is great. I would like to be able to customize all the basic attributes to build unique races and roles

that would be under v1.2 custom datasets

There seems to be something goofy with the Talent tree. sometimes talents disappear.
Also it would be good to be able to name your export when you export it

12 hours ago, Daeglan said:

There seems to be something goofy with the Talent tree. sometimes talents disappear.
Also it would be good to be able to name your export when you export it

Disappearing talents?!?! Tell me more.

Named exports on the list

5 hours ago, SkyJedi said:

Disappearing talents?!?! Tell me more.

Named exports on the list

If i click in the talent adding the tree sometimes some disappear. I have not figured out how to replicate it reliably. This in firefox 58.0.1 64bit.