A Web-Based Character Generator - The Genesys Emporium

By SkyJedi, in Genesys

The Genesys Emporium!

https://genesysemporium.com/

I've been working on this for since launch and I'm super excited. Create your character, track talents, skills, equipment and XP!

The project is also open source. Feel free to fork and pull and all the other suggestive git terms.

https://github.com/SkyJedi/RPG-Web-Character-Creator

If you have questions the best place to talk to me and ask questions is the Genesys Discord

http://discord.gg/3vNJa6t

Todo list at the moment.

• print block for vehicles
  • NPC blocker
  • Magic thingy
  • Heroic abilities
  • item durability
  • setting export
  • settings filter
  • better export tree
  • add to google drive button
  • gear printBlock
  • favors

DONE

• Bulk import/export
  • Custom datasets
  • import/export datasets
  • equipmemt database
  • custom Archetype Talents
  • Custom Motivations
  • better print layout
  • custom tab
  • Craftsmanship
  • Settings toggle
  • RoT themes
  • compact layout
  • vehicles

Item durability tracker

I hope you enjoy!

CwjBXSc.jpg

Edited by SkyJedi
new thumbnail

MY POST!

This is amazingly useful! Thank you!

My one request would be that you add some functionality to add a custom talent. But this is really cool.

I'm aware of the painful slow text fields I'm working on them

you are missing stealth skill..ooopsie :)

This is a great program, just to bad there is not a download function where you can save to your computer or laptop or even print it out on your printer at home. Great work though...

You had a great character sheet page initially. should put that back so you can at least do a print out :)

9 hours ago, Daeglan said:

you are missing stealth skill..ooopsie :)

DAMMIT!

9 hours ago, gilbur said:

This is a great program, just to bad there is not a download function where you can save to your computer or laptop or even print it out on your printer at home. Great work though...

Print layout coming as soon as i learn how to do a print layout

8 hours ago, Daeglan said:

You had a great character sheet page initially. should put that back so you can at least do a print out :)

The full page was burning my server data, i gotta fix a couple things and i'll put it back

text input should be good now! now to work on the datahog

Nice work! Are you hoping to accept community contributions for this?

Weird, when I try to tick the radioboxes for career skills, the graphic registers that I clicked but doesn't tick the mark. I've only tried it in the latest chrome, with and without adblockers etc. I don't suppose anyone else is seeing that issue.

Skyjedi, you want bug reports here or in github?

5 minutes ago, themensch said:

Weird, when I try to tick the radioboxes for career skills, the graphic registers that I clicked but doesn't tick the mark. I've only tried it in the latest chrome, with and without adblockers etc. I don't suppose anyone else is seeing that issue.

github i guess

14 minutes ago, themensch said:

wait, the checkboxes in the skill block is read only, if you click on "career" at the top you can set them there

1 minute ago, SkyJedi said:

wait, the checkboxes in the skill block is read only, if you click on "career" at the top you can set them there

Aha, then it is working as intended.

Just now, themensch said:

Aha, then it is working as intended.

yeah, there are a lot of click here to change stuff. Archetypes, characteristics, career, skill show/hide etc

Might be good to do edit buttons for things as it is not obvious you can click on things to change them. like career.

is there an alternative way to signin without google ?

else its -10 from me

2 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Might be good to do edit buttons for things as it is not obvious you can click on things to change them. like career.

sure maybe

1 hour ago, Terefang said:

is there an alternative way to signin without google ?

else its -10 from me

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Don't get to attached to any data right now. I think i'll have to wipe the database to optimize it. My poor programming has burned through 10% of monthly bandwidth in less than a day. Sorry about that.

Just need to be able to print what i made with it. Print for so me reason only does one sheet...

4 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Just need to be able to print what i made with it. Print for so me reason only does one sheet...

prints a weird thing right now, i haven't looked to much into it yet as I am keeping servers from melting. I think i really varies by browser. For me chrome prints 4ish pages without the fancy background images right now

I promise I'll get to making print super pretty, unless I find something better to do.

alrighty, i've got a completely non elegant fix that should save a ton of bandwidth. All data still intact

it would really help to have a couple blank knowledge slots

2 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

it would really help to have a couple blank knowledge slots

v1.1, its in the roadmap in OP

are we there yet?

how bout now?

Print Layout is A LOT PRETTIER NOW!