A Web-Based Character Generator - The Genesys Emporium

By SkyJedi, in Genesys

BIG UPDATE

There is now a setting filter!

in the setting field for each character select the correct setting for that character, "All" is selected by default and will show all the data and custom data for your account.

I've also removed the datasets and dumped all the custom data into one bucket for your account. please use the setting tag to filter.

CUSTOM DATA TAB!

all you entering and deleting for custom data is done in one handy space now!

EXPORT

You can now export specific items from the Custom Data bucket!

Huge thanks to @HolmstN for getting this idea off the ground and helping with a ton of the backend

Sorry if i broke anything (I totaly broke a lot of stuff), if when something doesn't work or you're faced with a blank white page, please send me a screenshot of the browser console!

tweaking customtabs now. Custom Archetypes can now added as many free ranks in as many skills as your twisted little minds can handle.

finished all the code optimization for the custom tabs. its should now look uniform and function great. i removed almost 200 lines of code and now everything in custom really is one of 4 bits of code!

custom Archetype Talents are live

6HxpawIoBmrhVAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC.png

Amazing. It keeps improving day by day.

When I finally assemble a party to test Genesys, I will use it for sure.

Thanks

Is the settings tab supposed to work? I can't in put into it on the new custom tab.

Everything else seems to be working. I love the changes. Thank you for all your hard work on this project.

47 minutes ago, Flobio said:

Is the settings tab supposed to work? I can't in put into it on the new custom tab.

Everything else seems to be working. I love the changes. Thank you for all your hard work on this project.

I should fix that.....

On 8/11/2018 at 11:28 PM, Flobio said:

I fixed it!

custom motivations done

you can make custom equipment that will modify characteristics and skill ranks now!

8 hours ago, SkyJedi said:

Super! Happy to support when I can. Thanks for the updates and keeping this such a great resource.

This isn't a huge deal but the Katar in the generator is listed as Crit 3, when it should be Crit 2. Also would it be possible for when you gain the Finesse or Precision talent, it changes the character sheet to reflect the new stat it uses?

Great job on it!

Edited by Jedifish
1 hour ago, Jedifish said:

This isn't a huge deal but the Katar in the generator is listed as Crit 3, when it should be Crit 2. Also would it be possible for when you gain the Finesse or Precision talent, it changes the character sheet to reflect the new stat it uses?

Great job on it!

katar fix going up. the finesse talents are tricky. people have gotten around by making custom skills that point to the correct characteristic, then custom weapons pointing to the custom skill

Just found this last week and it's been great! Thank you, kind sir.

Though, I would like to ask if there is a way to make a dropdown option for the free skill ranks when making a custom archetype. Kind of like how the Average Human allows you to choose 2 options, instead of one that's already been set.

16 hours ago, Nirobu said:

Though, I would like to ask if there is a way to make a dropdown option for the free skill ranks when making a custom archetype. Kind of like how the Average Human allows you to choose 2 options, instead of one that's already been set.

So you wanna be able to choose the skill later in the main page?

16 hours ago, Nirobu said:

done, to give the option of choosing free ranks at character creation select 'choice' the ranks of choice will be the number of skills given. choice(2) means you get two skills.

then select the skills to be offered, 'any' for any skill, or select whatever skill you wanna give. ranks here will be ranks in the skill given. Any(2) will give 2 free ranks.

so Choice (1) Any(2) will give Any one skill 2 free ranks.

Choice(2), Alchemy (1), Brawl(1), Stealth(1) will let you select 2 skills between the options. then give the selected ranks in that skill.

This is looking better and better — Thank you.

Minor suggestion: for the Fantasy setting (and possibly others with sub-knowledge skill categories), remove the Knowledge (INT) skill.

Also, a humble request for Heroic Abilities, and ability points (i.e. players gain 1 ability point per 50xp gained above racial starting)! :)

Edited by RamMegiddo
8 hours ago, RamMegiddo said:

This is looking better and better — Thank you.

Minor suggestion: for the Fantasy setting (and possibly others with sub-knowledge skill categories), remove the Knowledge (INT) skill.

Also, a humble request for Heroic Abilities, and ability points (i.e. players gain 1 ability point per 50xp gained above racial starting)! :)

removing skills is tough to do automatically correctly since there aren't any set settings. best to click the gear by the skill type and remove for each character

heroic abilities on the way.

I just started my very first pbp game for genesys so I'm betting I'm going to find a lot of annoyances that will keep me busy for the next week or two

Edited by SkyJedi
14 hours ago, SkyJedi said:

done, to give the option of choosing free ranks at character creation select 'choice' the ranks of choice will be the number of skills given. choice(2) means you get two skills.

then select the skills to be offered, 'any' for any skill, or select whatever skill you wanna give. ranks here will be ranks in the skill given. Any(2) will give 2 free ranks.

so Choice (1) Any(2) will give Any one skill 2 free ranks.

Choice(2), Alchemy (1), Brawl(1), Stealth(1) will let you select 2 skills between the options. then give the selected ranks in that skill.

Holy crap, that was quick! You're awesome!

Edit: Whoops. Seems to give a free rank to all the skills you choose if you choose to limit the list (i.e., Choice (1), Alchemy(1), Brawl(1), Charm(1) will list only those three in the dropdown, but still provide a free rank for Alchemy, Brawl, and Charm even before a choice is made.

Edited by Nirobu
5 hours ago, Nirobu said:

Edit: Whoops. Seems to give a free rank to all the skills you choose if you choose to limit the list (i.e., Choice (1), Alchemy(1), Brawl(1), Charm(1) will list only those three in the dropdown, but still provide a free rank for Alchemy, Brawl, and Charm even before a choice is made.

Gasp, I'll look into it. Ah I see the problem. Should be a quick fix you in the morning

Edited by SkyJedi
9 hours ago, Nirobu said:

annnnnnd fixed

8 hours ago, SkyJedi said:

annnnnnd fixed

Man, you work fast. Thanks for your hard work! It's very much appreciated.

On 8/22/2018 at 12:56 AM, SkyJedi said:

removing skills is tough to do automatically correctly since there aren't any set settings. best to click the gear by the skill type and remove for each character

heroic abilities on the way.

I just started my very first pbp game for genesys so I'm betting I'm going to find a lot of annoyances that will keep me busy for the next week or two

Could work to have 0 skills active by default, and add them via adding settings? — making this clear to newcomers might be the tricky part.

48 minutes ago, RamMegiddo said:

Could work to have 0 skills active by default, and add them via adding settings? — making this clear to newcomers might be the tricky part.

It sorta does this already. Only skills that have the same setting or all or no setting attached are displayed.