Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad OOC

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Haha, it would be a pretty epic finale, to that section regardless I bet. Speaking of, I might use a few time skips between missions etc, but nothing too major, just to keep things moving.

Their mistake was getting close to a Jedi, my Rotary Cannon will be at extreme range. Then Again we could have been some the clones who believed Fives and took out their chips.

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

Haha, it would be a pretty epic finale, to that section regardless I bet. Speaking of, I might use a few time skips between missions etc, but nothing too major, just to keep things moving.

One of the problems with PbP games is the slow progression, which also makes for a very slow character development. Even if most experienced PbP GMs award probably 2-3x more XP for the same "adventure" in a PbP game it still takes a long time to see any change in the characters. One of the ways to mitigate this is to have "intermissions" between sessions. People can then describe what the character does during this time (they usually split up, but some might cooperate on a post) and the character gets some XP to represent what they have learned during that time.

But even with a system like that, it seems like the two years of war ahead might take a looooong time in a PbP!

Possibly, though considering how few of those that there were it wouldn't be overly likely. Very few even knew about the chips as the Fives thing wasn't common knowledge as far as I knew. And it may well do, but the plus of pbp is providing people don't lose interest, there is no massive rush. Also, for anyone interested regarding timeline, the first mission will be the back end of the first year of the wars, so characters like Durge and competent Grevious have been introduced. Also, when I was looking at key battles and stuff it has 4 years listed, not 2 which seemed quite confusing.

7 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

Possibly, though considering how few of those that there were it wouldn't be overly likely. Very few even knew about the chips as the Fives thing wasn't common knowledge as far as I knew. And it may well do, but the plus of pbp is providing people don't lose interest, there is no massive rush. Also, for anyone interested regarding timeline, the first mission will be the back end of the first year of the wars, so characters like Durge and competent Grevious have been introduced. Also, when I was looking at key battles and stuff it has 4 years listed, not 2 which seemed quite confusing.

Yeah the fives thing was only known to those who dealt with him like Rex. Leading Rex to remove his, I think that's all correct.

Like I say though, if you guys are willing to stick around that long we can definitely look into something around this.

Do the clones reroll athletics while @Kymrel is talking with the Kaminoan.

You guys will be re-rolling after I post the response, which I will do when @SHADOWGUARD CHAMPION has a chance to make his IC post.

@Kymrel You have a couple of otpions here with what you can do while waiting for the others. If you want you can simply do a couple of posts in between the others while they run of you meditating or solo practicing with lightsaber etc. The other option is that you can go looking for someone to spar with or something along those lines, or if you want to look into mediating I could run a short memory/meditation sequence of you perhaps remembering your master or something along those lines?

On 10/10/2017 at 4:09 PM, Rabobankrider said:

You guys will be re-rolling after I post the response, which I will do when @SHADOWGUARD CHAMPION has a chance to make his IC post.

Sorry. Came down sick. Posting now.

1 minute ago, SHADOWGUARD CHAMPION said:

Sorry. Came down sick. Posting now.

Hey man no need to apologize. It happens to us all

On 10/11/2017 at 9:13 PM, Rabobankrider said:

@Kymrel You have a couple of otpions here with what you can do while waiting for the others. If you want you can simply do a couple of posts in between the others while they run of you meditating or solo practicing with lightsaber etc. The other option is that you can go looking for someone to spar with or something along those lines, or if you want to look into mediating I could run a short memory/meditation sequence of you perhaps remembering your master or something along those lines?

I think the first option sounds best. I don't want to detract from what the clones are doing by finding a sparring partner at this stage. Looking forward to joint tasks in training areas!

Speaking of training areas I'm itching to roll some Jogging checks so we can get to shooting!

Any updates? Even if I stepped down because of local instability (and lack of practice with the system at the same time) I am still intently following your developments :)

Sorry for the delay guys, work got a bit hectic. I'll do all the required posting tonight for you lot.

Ok all, hard athletics again for the running with the two set back dice as before. If anyone one wants to help Frogger it's also a coordination check with the same conditions I think. After this it'll be one more athletics, then I have a fun idea that'll hopefully go down well.

@Kymrel , if you want to practice lightsaber stances etc, it'd be an average lightsaber check. Not sure what you'd roll for a meditation check, maybe just against your willpower or something?

So it's a hard check this time instead of average with two setback?

Sorry, I meant average

33 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Kymrel , if you want to practice lightsaber stances etc, it'd be an average lightsaber check. Not sure what you'd roll for a meditation check, maybe just against your willpower or something?

I suppose meditation would be a Discipline check?

Athletics (Jogging in the rain) : 1eP+2eA+2eD+2eS 1 success, 1 threat
p--.png a-s.png a-s.png d--.png d-f.png s--.png s-th.png

One success is all 9182 needs to maintain the lead on all of Acklay Squad. 9182 will take one more strain.

@Kymrel , discipline works well, feel free to narrate meditation as you wish, if you want I can contribute to that in some way.

@Shlambate I you want with only 1 disadvantage I'd say you don't fall all the way back, maybe into the middle of their ranks? As you'll find out a lot of their members are quite competitive so that works nicely :P

Cyclone Squad
Description Run
Results 2eA+2eD+2eS : 2 failures, 1 advantage [2eA=S/A, S/S] [2eD=F, F/F] [2eS=F, F]
a-s-a.png a-s-s.png d-f.png d-f-f.png s-f.png s-f.png

Coordination to assist
Results 3eA+1eB+2eD+2eS : 2 failures, 3 advantage [3eA=A, S, A/A] [1eB=A] [2eD=-, F/F] [2eS=Th, F]
a-a.png a-s.png a-a-a.png b-a.png d--.png d-f-f.png s-th.png s-f.png
30 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@Shlambate I you want with only 1 disadvantage I'd say you don't fall all the way back, maybe into the middle of their ranks? As you'll find out a lot of their members are quite competitive so that works nicely :P

So no Strain then?

Not if you're ok falling back in the group. Advantage and disadvantages are pretty much up to interpretation I find.

I'm fine with it I'll take no strain if it just means 9182 falls back to the middle.