Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad OOC

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

4 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

As you guys will find, Kallac is also a drill sergeant, so has to be though on troops, even for doing the right thing. If anything it's a reminder doing the right thing can cost the person doing it etc etc. For the second success I'd say you can essentially yank Frogger back to his feet and back into the pack if you want.

Totally understandable, especially if a possible medic goes down in battle at the wrong moment.

I'll just use that success to get Frogger and Doc back into the pack.

awesome

4 Success and 1 Threat. Apparently I run pretty fast. Roll number is 559287

Ok, any idea how you want to spend your threat?

: 2eA+2eS+2eD 0 successes, 1 threat
a-a.png a-s.png s-th.png s-f.png d--.png d-th.png

1 strain and I'm in trouble. oh boy oh boy

Running : 2eA+1eP+2eD+2eS 2 successes, 2 threat
a-s.png a-s.png p--.png d-th.png d--.png s--.png s-th.png

I keep up just fine. Regarding the threat I don't have any really good ideas, any suggestions? Otherwise I'll just take 2 strain.

Doc already picked up Frogger so I don't have to roll coordination right?

And remember that there is still a boost from my last running check that somebody can use.

@Matt Skywalker Take Sterfs Boost, maybe you could turn that into a success, it is from last turn so I think it might be okay with @Rabobankrider

@Shlambate So, who's Law again? Just making sure I'm not missing anyone.

Head of Acklay I passed him.

14 minutes ago, satkaz said:

@Shlambate So, who's Law again? Just making sure I'm not missing anyone.

Acklay Squad leader.

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

Head of Acklay I passed him.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Acklay Squad leader.

Ah okay, thought it was one of us.

5 minutes ago, satkaz said:

Ah okay, thought it was one of us.

Yeah rabo introduced him when we were in the hall lining up. He's basically iceman of the clone army. Cold and precise. I'm guessing that his squad is gonna be one of our main rivals.

Edited by Stneu73
spelling

@Matt Skywalker feel free to take the boost for a roll and adding the result to your original check.

@Sterf if you want I'd recommend adding a setback dice to your next roll with your disadvantage, I recommend you guys avoid collecting strain as it will hamper your efforts in the next event :P

And yeah, Acklay is going to be a key rival in this, I figured it'd be fun to have at least one lot to compete with. I will be introducing the rest of their member throughout. If it helps I'll post a list of clones you meet along the way somewhere on the first page with the destiny points count etc.

Edited by Rabobankrider

Discipline meditating : 2eA+1eP+2eD 0 successes, 2 advantage
a-s.png a-a-a.png p-s.png d--.png d-f-f.png

Well, the roll is a wash with 2 advantages so I'm thinking the distraction outside his door distracts Anler enough to prevent him from focusing on his meditation.

Ok, I have an idea for the advantage narration wise if you want. I was thinking he could hear some people talking about him outside his door if you want. Or you can just spend it as a boost for doubling your efforts etc next time.

Eh, that works fine. As you're on your own and the others ar part way through the second check, feel free to post for both so you can catch up.

Alright I'll take the setback.

Also, I'm going to start using destiny points for the next event to give you guys some of the pool back :P

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

Also, I'm going to start using destiny points for the next event to give you guys some of the pool back :P

Thanks. If I'm destined to fail, I may as well fail spectacularly !

Oh I should have said, for this event everyone can assume they have weapons with them that they plan to have long term

13 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Oh I should have said, for this event everyone can assume they have weapons with them that they plan to have long term

I will go and check the books for something interesting. I hope we manage not to shoot each other or the sergeant with the destiny points in play.

Edit: What powerlevel are we aiming for? Standard blaster rifle or the heavier stuff with autofire. (Don't worry I won't jury rig autofire)

Edited by Sterf

My general rule of thumb is if you've seen a clone use it in the books or tv etc, then you can request it. This also extends to common sense items like the snap baton etc, even if stuff like that was only seen with riot troops. I am going to limit starting items to military issue, so for example the rotary cannon is fine for use, but the VX-Sidewinder was made for private sale. If you find weapons on the battlefield you want to keep, you can fight the case but it will be trick yas the Republic seems to frown on trophy taking.

This is a pretty good list of basic clone gear, but doesn't cover all available weapons. When I have time I'll try to make a comprehensive list, but that will take time.

I'll take a Gungan Atlatl and Plasma Ball, please :P

In all seriousness, though, I'll take a blaster carbine as my main weapon. Less range, but I can fire that one handed without any penalty, perfect for firing when dragging people out of harm's way.