Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad OOC

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

1 hour ago, pyciloo said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt We are all Engaged while on the platform, surrounded from every direction, I don't really think there is a place to not be Engaged. I know mechanically you should be able to Disengage, but they will also just Engage you on their turn. You're probably better off taking the Guarded Stance(?) Maneuver to gain a Defense.

Also, if these phalanx rules mean they get to attack each of us individually when they Engage us, which will probably be every round seeing as there are two of these groups, we are in TPK threat :D Not to mention whatever witchery is compiled on top 😜

Okay, yeah I don't see how there's literally any way out of this, other than perhaps abandoning the Jedi and noping out.

It may have gotten lost in previous ic posts, but there is a tunnel at the back of the cavern (medium range) that @rocketrobie2 found themselves in, it is possible to push through the statues as I mentioned earlier if you do want to move away from the centre of the cavern. I will also say in terms of grenades etc, they can be chucked into the horde targeting short range and it will still reduce the numbers you're fighting, the cluster does make them quite effective.

But also don't forget, you're clones, you're meant to be expendable 😛 (having said that I promise I'm not trying to actively kill people off).

I think a Triumph can be used to move the Horde as well according to the Phalanx rules (if I remember correctly).

If needed Caieous can use his Signature Ability (only 1 DP) to Parry damage along with:

Circle of Shelter: Can apply Parry on attacks against Engaged ally

Guardian of the Republic: Once I've used Parry to protect you you cannot be targeted again by combat checks the rest of the round.

Just now, Jedi Ronin said:

I think a Triumph can be used to move the Horde as well according to the Phalanx rules (if I remember correctly).

If needed Caieous can use his Signature Ability (only 1 DP) to Parry damage along with:

Circle of Shelter: Can apply Parry on attacks against Engaged ally

Guardian of the Republic: Once I've used Parry to protect you you cannot be targeted again by combat checks the rest of the round.

HAALLLLPP!! :D :D

@Rabobankrider , were you going to roll attacks for the horde against the other engaged clones? I was waiting to finalize my turn/post until I saw the results of any attack against Driz.

I've been very busy lately so it's taken me a while to get my head back into the game. Let me know when ya'll would like me to do what I suggested in my previous post.

Just now, Jedi Ronin said:

I've been very busy lately so it's taken me a while to get my head back into the game. Let me know when ya'll would like me to do what I suggested in my previous post.

Probably at the earliest opportunity. ;)

After Driz's turn is resolved, it's Edgehawk and then you.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Probably at the earliest opportunity. ;)

After Driz's turn is resolved, it's Edgehawk and then you.

I think slugger is still up so I'll trigger it on the next ally that gets attacked (it's an incidental but I'm not sure if it's out of turn incidental so I'll check that tonight)

Merry Life Day brothers!

Thanks. And may Leia's Life Day song be in your hearts forever!

Sorry for the delay all, back from Christmas and will be resuming work on the new server tomorrow, hope you all had a good holiday all things considered!

Sorry for the delay again with the forum stuff and the attack rolls, I was offered a new job so things have been a bit hectic. I should have it sorted soon.

Congrats on the job offer!

Hey, when do things shut down again? Wasn't it supposed to be Jan 1st?

Just now, rocketrobie2 said:

Hey, when do things shut down again? Wasn't it supposed to be Jan 1st?

February 1st/end of January.

Ah, that makes sense. Got scared for a minute! My other games are petering out and I was scared we were gonna lose this one too

Happy new year all! The formats for the forums are done, I just need to copy across the information.

The strike team would make good time thanks to Doc's quick work with the fans. Each one they pass through the tightly round air vents. Occasionally they would pass over a narrow grate, allowing a rare ***** of light to reveal their surroundings. the square vents were made of dull galvanized metal, held together by simple rivets. The grates would also allow a quick view of the corridors below. It was a blur of action. Cadets were running back and forth, shouting instructions and such to each other as they carried all manner of equipment with them. As well as guns they were dragging chairs, tables, monitors, whatever they could out of nearby rooms. They were erecting rapidly constructed barricades, ready to fall back onto if the attacking force ever made it through.

As they reach the next fan, the sound of gunfire had quietened. They were well on the way to the command centre, behind enemy lines. As Doc prepares to deactivate the next fan, there would be a loud clang behind them. Someone had dropped their rifle, and in the tight metal box, the sounds echoed like a gunshot. 'Hey, you hear that?' This question wasn't from anyone in the vents, but from a clone down below. This fan happened to be just above one of the manned barricades, and at least one of them had heard the noise. There must be at least two full squads down there. If they heard the attackers, it could be a quick end to the mission.

'Hear what Brick? Focus on the firing line'.

'I definitely heard something, just shut up and listen will you?'

This is from the Kamino session, I found the 'origional' Brick @pyciloo 😛

On 1/2/2021 at 4:43 PM, Rabobankrider said:

Happy new year all! The formats for the forums are done, I just need to copy across the information.

Are we moving to a forums for the game or Discord? I'm good either way and I can't wait to get this show on the road again!

It will be discord for the new games. I should have had them done sooner than this, but the new job has made everything a bit hectic I'm afraid. Don't worry though, I will have finished copying over all the text well in advance of the closure.

@Rabobankrider do you need a Dice roller for discord I know a good one for EOTE/FAD/AOR

38 minutes ago, Shlambate said:

@Rabobankrider do you need a Dice roller for discord I know a good one for EOTE/FAD/AOR

Is it D1-C3? I agree that one's really good but if you ask me going through RPGsessions is a little more to set up but a lot easier in the long run. Instead of memorizing or crossrefrencing dice pools you can just say what skill you'd like to roll and it'll grab it from your RPGsessions sheet automatically.

Edited by rocketrobie2

Yes it is D1-C3, does RPGsessions integrate with Discord? Does it have a bot?

Yeah, I've been on a server for a while that used D1 but the RPGsessions integration seems a lot better. You can use commands with the bot on the server to edit your sheet on the website. It's real cool.

All that said D1-C3 is still pretty good.

As a RPGSessions+Discord user, I second its awesomeness. Gives us a virtual game table, condenses all the characters, and works great with Discord. Little bit of work on both sides, but as @rocketrobie2 said, worth it!