Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad OOC

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

@Shlambate , it will be after I sort the witch, I'm afraid it'll have to be tomorrow at this time though.

Pit Combat:

1. @Edgehawk 5s1a 1 setback on all checks, immune to fear checks for the encounter, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  2. @Jedi Ronin 4s4a
  3. @rocketrobie2 3s3a 1 setback dice on all checks, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  4. @pyciloo 1 setback on all checks, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  5. Unknown Being: soak-, -/- wounds, -/- strain adversary 3 1s3a1t
  6. @Shlambate 1 setback on all checks, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  7. Statue Horde: soak 3, 25/25 wounds, 5/5 men 1s
  8. @Xcapobl 1 setback dice on all checks, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  9. Statue Tunnel Horde: soak 3, 25/25 wounds, 5/5 men 1a
  10. @P-47 Thunderbolt 0s Staggered, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks

@Edgehawk , @Jedi Ronin , @rocketrobie2 and @Shlambate , I'm going to need a discipline check please to try and resist the force powers. If you fail then the figure seems to disappear from view to the beginning of their next turn.

Resist the misdirect : 1eA+2eP+1eS+1eB 2 successes, 4 advantage
a-a.png p-a-a.png p-s-s.png s-f.png b-s-a.png

So close! 4 successes with those additional ones counted. I wasn't supposed to roll a force die with that right?

@rocketrobie2 , no need for force dice, no. That just for the enemy to activate the power. Unfortunately you lost sight of them, no further illusions though.

Resist misdirect : 1eA+2eP+1eB+1eS 2 successes, 1 advantage
a--.png p-s.png p-s.png b-s-a.png s-f.png

@Rabobankrider Is the witch walking amongst the statues or are they parting for her?

As I understand the scene we are all now grouped together at the lift, the "invisible" witch started approaching from Medium(?), there is one horde of statues with her and then another hoard like up in the lift-tunnel?

Resist redirect : 3eA+1eP 4 successes, 1 advantage
a-s-s.png a-s.png a-a.png p-s.png

No difficulty?

Reminder for Discipline checks: If you're affected by Battle Mediation (which is everyone) your Willpower is reduced by 1 (minimum 1) but you get a Boost dice to all Discipline checks.

Edited by Jedi Ronin

Discipline : 2eA+1eB 1 success, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-a.png b-s.png

Ok so he fails

I can shoot the statues anyway which was going to be his target. Any change in range @Rabobankrider ?

@Jedi Ronin , it is a vs check with the figures roll in the spoiler section of my post.

@Shlambate , the statues are at short range of your currently.

Pit Combat:

1. @Edgehawk 5s1a 1 setback on all checks, immune to fear checks for the encounter, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  2. @Jedi Ronin 4s4a
  3. @rocketrobie2 3s3a 1 setback dice on all checks, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  4. @pyciloo 1 setback on all checks, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  6. @Shlambate 1 setback on all checks, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  7. Statue Horde: soak 3, 25/25 wounds, 5/5 men 1s
  8. @Xcapobl 1 setback dice on all checks, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks
  10. @P-47 Thunderbolt 0s Staggered, 2 successes on all checks, 1 boost to discipline checks

Ranged Heavy (+2 Success from BM) : 2eP+2eA+1eB+2eD+1eS 3 successes
p-a-a.png p-s.png a-s-s.png a-s.png b--.png d-th.png d-th.png s-f.png

5 Successes, what I wouldn't trade for two Advantage

He aimed he did not move, He is just gonna let loose into that horde with 17 Damage.

Pit Combat:

2. @Jedi Ronin 4s4a
  7. Statue Horde: soak 3, 11/25 wounds, 3/5 men 1s

@Shlambate , you are able to kill of two (very nearly three) of the statues. Unfortunately it is not enough to stop them from advancing onto the party.

As a point for everyone, with the statues at engaged range with the party this means that the party has been 'overwhelmed' by the numbers. This means that the statues to get two attacks on their turn. Now you have all been able to fall back towards the platform, but remember that it was only designed to carry six people. You can try to add more, but the crane may not be able to take the weight, and it will be very crowded in terms of fighting the statues in the shaft. You also still have the figure to take into account.

Sorry to bully you @Shlambate , the statues do not seem to like you at all!

@Xcapobl , you're up! Statues are currently at engaged range, and although most of the others cannot see the figure, you @pyciloo and @P-47 Thunderbolt can see them moving into short range of the party.

40 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

As a point for everyone, with the statues at engaged range with the party this means that the party has been 'overwhelmed' by the numbers. This means that the statues to get two attacks on their turn. Now you have all been able to fall back towards the platform, but remember that it was only designed to carry six people. You can try to add more, but the crane may not be able to take the weight, and it will be very crowded in terms of fighting the statues in the shaft. You also still have the figure to take into account.

Have we even left the platform yet? Unless I got skipped somewhere along the way, most of us haven't even moved yet.

@Rabobankrider as a point of order I did more damage this round than last and did not get overwhelmed? Did the damage needed to hold them back increase? Also he did not leave the lift so would he not be closer to the tunnel horde not the horde in the room which did damage to Slugger this round.

@P-47 Thunderbolt , I was referring to the jedi moving back to the platform from where they were.

@Shlambate , being overwhelmed is less to do with damage and more to do with the horde being at engaged range with you guys. Unfortunately you're the only one to really damage the statues this round, so they did not lose the five needed to halt their manoeuvre this round. The tunnel horde is to represent the statues in the shaft that the lift passes through, they have currently not followed you guys down, so you targeted the group at slot 7.

Firing while engaged : 1eA+2eP+3eD+1eS 0 successes, 1 advantage
a-s.png p-a-a.png p-s-a.png d-f-f.png d-th.png d-th.png s--.png

Add in 2 successes from the Jedi. Into the horde overwhelming us, another 11 damage (pre soak and that sort of thing). Spending 1 advantage on Strain recovery.

Using these "horde" mechanics you say they get 2 attacks if they are Engaged with us, doesn't that really just mean they get 0 or 2 Attacks? They are either Engaged for 2, or not for 0 as melee mooks.

If they are "coming in from all directions" to 'Overwhelm' us how does it make sense for both Attacks to be at the same target? (What's done is done, just doesn't make sense)

"Designed to carry 6" Aren't we just 7? If one more person makes for a mechanical failure, fire that engineer!

We need a new home.

Ok all, I'm going to pause play for the moment with the news about the servers closing. I'm going to set up a new channel on Discord and try to copy the ic thread the the relevant ooc stuff onto there. Gameplay, rates of post etc will continue as normal once it is set up, but it's probably going to take me a little bit to set up and copy everything across.

@pyciloo , that is correct, yes. The rule system is from the 'phalanx' section of the clone wars splat books. I've gone back to check the book (I'm afraid the rules are still fairly new to me), and I've realised that I have made a mistake regarding the overwhelmed rules. When overwhelmed the horde can make an additional attack against each overwhelmed character alongside their regular move. I'll sort the additional attacks after I finish the discord server stuff.

If you guys can destroy the set of 5 (which you're very close to), you will no longer be overwhelmed, if you can defeat double their number before their turn you can drive them back 1 range band.

In terms of the platform, it was just about managing with six, it's not really designed for that many.

Pit Combat:

2. @Jedi Ronin 4s4a
  7. Statue Horde: soak 3, 3/25 wounds, 1/5 men 1s

@P-47 Thunderbolt , if you want to take your turn now you can do, as that'll round us back up to the top of the order. You are still staggered but you've got your manoeuvre if you want to do anything.

2 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt , if you want to take your turn now you can do, as that'll round us back up to the top of the order. You are still staggered but you've got your manoeuvre if you want to do anything.

Am I engaged with the statues?

Man that's real sad about the forums closing down.

Wait do we have a discord server already?

@P-47 Thunderbolt , you are, yes.

@rocketrobie2 , no currently but I will be working to set one up and copy the game across to there when I have a chance. :)

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt , you are, yes.

Then I'll just use two maneuvers to scramble out of the way, taking 2 Strain.

@P-47 Thunderbolt We are all Engaged while on the platform, surrounded from every direction, I don't really think there is a place to not be Engaged. I know mechanically you should be able to Disengage, but they will also just Engage you on their turn. You're probably better off taking the Guarded Stance(?) Maneuver to gain a Defense.

Also, if these phalanx rules mean they get to attack each of us individually when they Engage us, which will probably be every round seeing as there are two of these groups, we are in TPK threat :D Not to mention whatever witchery is compiled on top 😜

Edited by pyciloo

DRAKE WE ARE LEAVING! on Make a GIF "Marines, we are leaving!"

Edited by pyciloo