Star Wars Clone Wars: Cyclone Squad OOC

By Rabobankrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Haha, to be fair I'm running an in person campaign for some mates, and a gungan character has gone with an atlatl and plasma ball without realizing they were only really any good against droids XD

And that sounds fine. Although you won't have it at the moment you will most likely want a med pack as well. Anyone who ends up as a mechanic etc will get the gear as well to carry about

So 9182 gets a ton of explosives and a Rotary Cannon?

Pretty much yeah. With hindsight you should have gone for the extra brawn to carry all your gear :P

1 minute ago, Rabobankrider said:

Haha, to be fair I'm running an in person campaign for some mates, and a gungan character has gone with an atlatl and plasma ball without realizing they were only really any good against droids XD

And that sounds fine. Although you won't have it at the moment you will most likely want a med pack as well. Anyone who ends up as a mechanic etc will get the gear as well to carry about

Oh yeah, I'll be definitely taking a medpac if I can't get the medical backpack from Enter the Unknown.

Well it says the military use it so I have no problem there.

Burly in the Heavy tree mitigates the weight issue by a lot. 9182 needed only 3 brawn to wield it he Z-6, with a few ranks of Burly it won't weigh much.

Alright, so Doc's gonna get a blaster carbine and medical backpack. I assume armor's laminate, too. A couple of stimpacks and a utility belt/load bearing gear will round out what I want, after that, it's whatever I can stuff inside.

Ah that's fine then. You may want to look into the reciprocating quad blaster cannon long term, that looks like a fun gun.

And sounds good to me, at the moment though it's just training armour and gun, at least for now.

Just now, Rabobankrider said:

And sounds good to me, at the moment though it's just training armour and gun, at least for now.

Alright, that's fine. Just putting out what I'd like on Doc in the future.

10 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

Ah that's fine then. You may want to look into the reciprocating quad blaster cannon long term, that looks like a fun gun.

The quad blaster is an extremely heavy weapon, in both use and encumbrance. It wouldn't be a weapon he'd lug around unless the mission required it.

CT-5472 will fight with a brace of DC-17 heavy blaster pistols. The dual-wielding will probably be mostly narrative, until I have the talents to back it up.

Well you can use the duel wield rules fromt he care rulebook, though it wouldn't have much effect as thew weapon you're using is the same as eachother.

So I'm thinking of using s-1 vamblades from the Dangerous Covenants book. I just wanted to pass it by you and make sure it's ok cause I've a lack of information regarding melee weapons clones carried. Clone assassins used weapons like this but they were super elite dudes. Also I'll carry a DR-45 "Dragoon" Calvary Blaster

20 minutes ago, Stneu73 said:

So I'm thinking of using s-1 vamblades from the Dangerous Covenants book. I just wanted to pass it by you and make sure it's ok cause I've a lack of information regarding melee weapons clones carried. Clone assassins used weapons like this but they were super elite dudes. Also I'll carry a DR-45 "Dragoon" Calvary Blaster

Huh, I like the DR-45. I didn't pick it for myself, because I'm not sure if that existed at this time period.

2 minutes ago, satkaz said:

Huh, I like the DR-45. I didn't pick it for myself, because I'm not sure if that existed at this time period.

Right I didn't even think of that! I can't find anything regarding a date of development. I guess it's up to @Rabobankrider I'm not opposed to saying it's not yet made in our timeline I'll just find something else.

I think the blasters the Blasters we have access to are the DC-15A, DC-15S, DC-17 and the Z-6 Rotary Cannon as those were standard Clone armament.

1 minute ago, Stneu73 said:

Right I didn't even think of that! I can't find anything regarding a date of development. I guess it's up to @Rabobankrider I'm not opposed to saying it's not yet made in our timeline I'll just find something else.

1 hour ago, Shlambate said:

I think the blasters the Blasters we have access to are the DC-15A, DC-15S, DC-17 and the Z-6 Rotary Cannon as those were standard Clone armament.

That would make sense. I guess I'm not up to snuff on my clone trooper trivia :)

Does anyone have stats for these? I know it would make sense for these to come out in the Dawn of Rebellion sourcebook but that's not till December.

I'm just waiting for the Jedi Battle Armor :)

Speaking of armour, for clones you will be using laminate armour, and will have access to one of the hard points in the armour. The reason it'll only be one is because all clone armour begins with thermal shielding system and vacuum sealed. This might change as you get more specialized (ARC trooper armour, clone assassins etc), but this is your starting point. You can add to your amours remaining hard point throughout the campaign etc.

@Kymrel you will have access to the robes you have currently and the armoured robes (not temple guard gear though for obvious reasons), and access to the gear attachments for your armour as all those slots will be empty to start.

This is the same for everyone's lightsabers and weapons. They will begin with a full set of empty hard points to play with. As your members of the GAR regular loot is a bit more difficult to offer out, so this will do as one of the alternatives I figured.

@Stneu73 I get the feeling long term you're looking into a clone assassin route of play which could be interesting. Although they would normally work in dedicated squads of other assassins, I'm ok bending traditional stuff for the campaign if it makes an interesting story. However to start with I would recommend looking into using something like a pair of vibroknuckles, which can be narrated like the retracting blades used in Republic Commando. As we progress further on I could look into you getting a better close combat weapon though.

@satkaz Regarding the Dragoon Carbide: I can't find much on the time it was used, but Star wars tech moves notoriously slowly (like using the same X-Wings in episode 7 etc), however it does seem to be a predominately pilot orientate weapon, so probably wouldn't be issued to a medic.

Also, for anyone wanting a database of all gear, this is the perfect site you can use: http://swrpg.viluppo.net/ . It has pretty much everything, though you will need to check the books it lists for additional details.

Also, on a different note, I've never really run mass combat before, or particularly large battles (most of the combat I've run is very small scale), so I'm not entirely sure about the survival rates of clone type characters etc. My intention is to use the next training section as a sort of gauge regarding what numbers of troops a squad can deal with. Having said that if anyone has nay experience of large or mass combat, and wishes to make some input, that'd be appreciated.

Ok by mass Combat do you mean army v army combat or just a ton of baddies?

If the former there are mass combat rules. It's in the same book as the Mando Human.

The latter is just a big combat runs just like normal Just with more enemies shooting at us.

Yeah, I've been reading from the AoR commander rule book for the mass combat. It recommends a mixture of commander leading large amounts of units, while the main characters are given specific objective sin the fight as well. My issue is I'm not sure how many men it is to throw at a squad without making it too easy or difficult.

It's a pretty delicate balance, but you are in a perfect environment to try it out. It's unlikely any of the clones/jedi die in a training exercise ;)

1 hour ago, Rabobankrider said:

Speaking of armour, for clones you will be using laminate armour, and will have access to one of the hard points in the armour. The reason it'll only be one is because all clone armour begins with thermal shielding system and vacuum sealed. This might change as you get more specialized (ARC trooper armour, clone assassins etc), but this is your starting point. You can add to your amours remaining hard point throughout the campaign etc.

@Stneu73 I get the feeling long term you're looking into a clone assassin route of play which could be interesting. Although they would normally work in dedicated squads of other assassins, I'm ok bending traditional stuff for the campaign if it makes an interesting story. However to start with I would recommend looking into using something like a pair of vibroknuckles, which can be narrated like the retracting blades used in Republic Commando. As we progress further on I could look into you getting a better close combat weapon though.

Sounds like a plan! I'll add it to my character profile.