Homebrew Characters Thread

By Rogue Dakotan, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

greedo has been updated.

Note his itchy trigger finger isn't once per round though, which is why I think he deserved a slightly higher cost.

I feel like the Itchy Trigger Finger should not be so steep. Maybe try this:

"Itchy Trigger Finger: At the start of a hostile figure's activation, you may interrupt to perform an attack against that figure. If this attack deals no damage, that figure may interrupt to perform an attack targeting Greedo."

I like it. Still thematic. updated greedo.

Going back to the Delta Squad guys, they need some clanky opposition.

Droideka

Elite CIS Unit

Droid-Heavy Weapon

+2 Accuracy, ~:+2 dmg, ~:Blast 1, ~: Recover 1

Assault

Tripod: You cannot attack if you have moved this activation, and you cannot move if you have attacked this activation.

Shields: If you have not exited your space this round, when defending against ranged attacks add +2 block to your results.

Speed 6

Health 7 (they had weak chassis and relied on shielding)

Attack BGR

Defense B

9 points

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

The Shields ability should probably read:

Shields: If you have not exited your space this round, when defending against ranged attacks: add +2 block to your results.

Since they have to turn off shields to roll around, they should be more vulnerable when moving.

I like that version better. You have to strike while a Droideka sets up or you're screwed. Updated.

Does anyone know if there are any photoshop templates for IA cards out there? Wouldn't mind actually putting some of these together into actual cards.

I'm going on a Separatist bender today. Pequel/Clone Wars haters better clear out.

Battle Droids

4 units

5 points

1 cost reinforce

~:Pierce 1, ~:+1 accuracy

Central Control: Figures in this group cannot become focused.

Health 2

Speed 5

Def B

Atk BY

Elite Battle Droids

Droid

4 units

8 points

2 reinforce

~:+1 Damage, ~:+2 Accuracy

Central Control

Swarm Tactics: When attacking, apply +1 damage for every two adjacent friendly droids.

Speed 4

Health 4 (maybe 3)

Defense B

Attack BY

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

Tactical Droid

Droid-Leader

4 points

~:Focus ~:+1 accuracy

Inspiring

Cower

Health 4

Speed 3

Defense W

Attack GY

Elite Tactical Droid

Droid-Leader

7 points

+1 Accuracy, ~:Focus, ~:+1 damage

Inspiring

Cowardice: When an attack targeting you is declared, choose an adjacent friendly Droid. If that figure could be the target of the attack, that attack targets that figure instead.

Health 5

Speed 4

Defense W

Attack GY

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

Does anyone know if there are any photoshop templates for IA cards out there? Wouldn't mind actually putting some of these together into actual cards.

I can see what I can whip up this weekend

Updated Battle Droids and Tactical Droid posts with Elite Versions

databank_dewback_01_169_bc886996.jpeg?re

Dewback Rider

Cost 11

Massive /\/ = Stun /\/ = 1 damage

Reach + 1 block Habitat: Desert

Shock Lance - When you activate, you may choose to suffer 1 damage. If you do, you gain two extra movement points.

Flamethrower - --> Instead of attacking, you may choose a hostile figure within two spaces.Roll two yellow dice.

That figure suffers damage = to damage results. You cannot use abilities in this attack although you

gain /\/ = weaken.

Stampede - when you end you end your movement in spaces containing other figures, if you used " Shock Lance" this activation

each figure suffers 1 damage.

Health: 19 Speed 3 Defense - Attack (Melee) Red,Blue

Super Battle Droids

Droid-Heavy Weapon

2 figures

8 points

4 Reinforce

+2 Accuracy, ~:+1 damage, ~: Pierce 1

Composite Plating: When defending from attacks 4 or more spaces away, apply +1 block to the results.

->->Wrist Rocket: Perform a ranged attack using a green and a red die. Apply +1 Accuracy and Blast 1 to the attack results.

Health 6

Speed 3

Defense B

Attack BG

Elite Super Battle Droids

Droid-Heavy Weapon

2 figures

10 points

5 reinforce

+2 Accuracy, ~:+2 damage, ~: Pierce 2

Composite Plating: When defending from attacks 4 or more spaces away, apply +1 block to the results.

->->Wrist Rocket: Perform a ranged attack using a green and a red die. Apply +1 Accuracy and Blast 2 to the attack results.

Health 8

Speed 3

Defense B

Attack BG

Had an easy day at work: (This isn't finished, I'll probably add more assets to make it easier later, such as symbols and more values)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/938qkx8yih3wn0y/SkirmishTemplate.xcf?dl=0

This is a Gimp editable file that takes a lot of the heavy lifting from making your own card and Gimp is free! I had all the layers in folders so all you need to do is reveal what colour dice you need, what health you want, ect. I didn't get to do 1 - 18 like I wanted though, so you need to figure out that fun bit by yourself.

I also have it as a Photoshop image, but due to not owning photoshop, I don't know how compatible it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhbewjfzv3v15oq/SkirmishTemplate.psd?dl=0

Font:
(titles)
PT Sans Narrow Bold Condensed

(wording)
Minion Pro

Edited by CheapCreep

Had an easy day at work: (This isn't finished, I'll probably add more assets to make it easier later, such as symbols and more values)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/938qkx8yih3wn0y/SkirmishTemplate.xcf?dl=0

This is a Gimp editable file that takes a lot of the heavy lifting from making your own card and Gimp is free! I had all the layers in folders so all you need to do is reveal what colour dice you need, what health you want, ect. I didn't get to do 1 - 18 like I wanted though, so you need to figure out that fun bit by yourself.

I also have it as a Photoshop image, but due to not owning photoshop, I don't know how compatible it is.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rhbewjfzv3v15oq/SkirmishTemplate.psd?dl=0

Font:

(titles)

PT Sans Narrow Bold Condensed

(wording)

Minion Pro

It downloads as a .xcf document...how might I open such a thing?

http://www.gimp.org/

I t's an open source image editing program, not on par with Photoshop but with enough options to allows for editing of things like these cards.

Edited by CheapCreep

rebel-commando-3.jpg

Rebel Commando (non-elite)

Cost: 6

Redeployment cost: 3

Group number: 2

/\/ = +3 Accuracy /\/ = 1 damage

Ambush- While attacking, if the target doesn't have line of sight to you, apply pierce 2 to the attack results

Camouflage Suit- While adjacent to any "impassable terrain" in Forest terrain only, hostile figures 4

or more spaces away cannot trace line of sight to you.

Efficient Travel- You do not need to spend extra movement points for difficult terrain and hostile figures.

Health:5 Speed 4 Defense B Attack (Ranged) Green, Green

Rebel Commando (Elite)

Cost: 10

Redeployment cost: 5

Group number: 2

/\/ = +3 Accuracy /\/ = 2 damage

Ambush- While attacking, if the target doesn't have line of sight to you, apply pierce 2 to the attack results

Camouflage Combat Suit- While adjacent to any "impassable terrain" in Forest terrain only, hostile figures 4

or more spaces away cannot trace line of sight to you. You also gain +1 Block

if an attack targeting you is declared.

Modified Combat Sights- While attacking, if you are in Forest terrain , you gain: /\/ /\/ = Focus.

You also may replace a green dice for a yellow dice

Efficient Travel- You do not need to spend extra movement points for difficult terrain and hostile figures.

Health:7 Speed 4 Defense W Attack (Ranged) Green, Green

That is my #50 post! :D

EDIT: Forest Terrain is just Forest tiles.

Edited by Viperous

Wookiee%20List%2005.jpg

Black Krrsantan

Mercenary

Wookiee

Hunter

Cost: 17

+ 1Block | ~+2 Damage | ~Bleed | ~Stun

Assault: You may perform multiple attacks during an activation.

-->Charge: Move a number of spaces up to your speed, then perform an attack.

-->Slam: Choose one adjacent hostile figure and roll 1 red die. That figure suffers damage equal to the damage results. Then you may push that figure one space.

Health: 16

Speed: 4

Defense: B

Attack: Ranged RBG

This guy is in the Darth Vader comic from Marvel. He is a monster.

I really like it. It's the kind of massive brawler that Scum needs. O think Assault plus Charge might be too much. Maybe change Charge to its original wording where you have to have taken damage to do it?

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

Tactical Droid

Scum(?)

Cost: 5

Droid, Leader

Health: 6

Order: "We all know what that means"

Disposable Allies: When targeted by an attack, you may choose a friendly figure within 3 spaces to become the target of that attack. Limit once per round.

Attack: BG

`Stun

`+1 Damage

`+1 Accuracy

Tactical Droid

Scum(?)

Cost: 7

Droid, Leader

Health: 7

Order: "We all know what that means"

Disposable Allies: When targeted by an attack, you may choose a friendly figure within 3 spaces to become the target of that attack. Limit once per round.

Network Linkup: When adjacent to a friendly Droid, gain plus 1 damage and plus 1 accuracy.

Attack: BG

`Stun

`+1 Damage

`+1 Accuracy

``: Interrupt to us Order. Limit once per round.

I've adjusted the point costs on the Tac Droids to prevent spamming in Skirmish. Imagining a full amount of Battle Droids (Elite and Regular) with double reroll made me realize that Inspiring needed to be costed higher.

My third character keeping up my tendency for randomness.

Count_Dooku.png

Count Dooku

Force user-Brawler-Leader

Cost 16

/\/ : Pierce 3 | /\/ : 2 Damage | /\/ : Bleed

--> High Command : You may choose up to two friendly Separatist figures within two spaces.

Each figure may interrupt to move two spaces.

--> Force Lightning : Choose a hostile figure in your line of sight within 3 spaces. That figure suffers 2 damage and becomes weakened.

Then you can push it up to two spaces.

Dark Resolve : When you activate, if there are two or more hostile Force Users within 3 spaces of you, you become focused.

Insight : While defending, you may reroll a blank white dice.

Health: 14 Speed: 4 Defense: White,Black Attack (Melee) Red,Green,Yellow

Tear it apart/like if you wish....... :D

Edited by Viperous

I updated the template with more symbols.
Here's a test run:

tumblr_o272x1ZQKC1r12qrqo1_400.png

Tear it apart if you wish....... :D

Okay, thank you XD.

I don't feel Tech order as thematic for Dooku; you don't see him involved with the droids very often (it's fine balance wise though it could be pretty brutal with some versions of destroyer droids people are posting).

Force lightning is entirely overpowered right now, he can stun lock any figure (well, any figure that cares about stun) without even spending his attack. Making it a double action is probably the best solution.

Dark resolve needs to declare when it happens ("at the start of your activation" most likely). It also has the problem that it almost never triggers as the game is set up currently (and Diala doesn't currently count as a force user in the campaign).

Tear it apart if you wish....... :D

Okay, thank you XD.

I don't feel Tech order as thematic for Dooku; you don't see him involved with the droids very often (it's fine balance wise though it could be pretty brutal with some versions of destroyer droids people are posting).

Force lightning is entirely overpowered right now, he can stun lock any figure (well, any figure that cares about stun) without even spending his attack. Making it a double action is probably the best solution.

Dark resolve needs to declare when it happens ("at the start of your activation" most likely). It also has the problem that it almost never triggers as the game is set up currently (and Diala doesn't currently count as a force user in the campaign).

Whoops! Forgot the "when you activate" part on Dark resolve. Yes, I see what you mean about Force Lightning, I'll change it.

My idea is that Dooku would be a separatist and a different faction from Imperials. They would be against the Jedi order so therefore, more chance of dark resolve happening :)

EDIT. I wanted Force Lightning to be similar to Vader's Force choke, hence why I don't want to class it as an attack.

Edited by Viperous

I updated the template with more symbols.

Here's a test run:

tumblr_o272x1ZQKC1r12qrqo1_400.png

Good card. I like it.