Homebrew Characters Thread

By Rogue Dakotan, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Boba-Fett-Holiday-Special-Misc-01.jpg

Boba Fett "Vader's Right Hand Man"

Mercenary/Imperial

Hunter

Cost: 13

+Evade +Block | ~Stun | ~Pierce 1 | Mobile

--> Stun Prod: Choose one enemy figure within 3 spaces. That figure becomes stunned.

Battle Discipline: When you declare an attack: Choose one of the following abilities to apply to that attack: Weaken | ~+2 Damage | ~Recover 2

Health: 12

Speed: 6

Defense: B

Attack: Melee GY

maxresdefault.jpg

Delta Squad:

Boss

Republic
Leader
Trooper

Cost: 10

+Evade + Block | ~pierce 2 | ~ 2 Damage

--> Executive Order

Inspiring

Speed 4
Attack: ranged B G

Fixer:

Republic
Trooper

Cost 10

+Evade + Block | ~pierce 2 | ~ wewaken

--> Commando Armor: You and each friendly adjacent Trooper may recover 1 Damage AND remove one harmful condition.

Clanker Killer: At the start of your activation, if there are at least 2 enemy droids within 3 spaces of you, become focused.

Health: 10
Speed: 4
Attack: Ranged: G B

Scorch

Republic
Trooper
Heavy Weapons

Cost 10

+Evade +Block | ~Blast 2 | ~Focus | +2 Accuracy

--> Thermal Detonator : Instead of attacking, choose one space within 3 spaces. Roll one red die. each figure adjacent to the target space suffers damage equal to the die result.

Distracting

Attack: Ranged: R Y

Sev

Republic
Trooper
Brawler

+Evade + Block | ~Pierce 3 | ~+1 Damage

Pinpoint Aim : If you have not exited your space this activation, apply +2 damage and + 3 accuracy to your attack results.

--> Vibro-Knife : Perform a MELEE attack using one Yellow and one Green die. This attack gains Bleed.

Priority Target

Attack: Ranged: BB

Threw this together for THIS THREAD .

Spcetra_Mando_Mandalorian.png

Mandalorian Mercenery

Merc Faction

Hunter

Cost 10

+Evade + Block | ~ Blast 1 | ~Pierce 2 | Mobile

--> Flamethrower: Instead of attacking this activation, choose up to 3 enemy figures within 3 spaces. Roll a yellow die. Each figure suffers damage equal to the die results.

Health: 9

Attack: Ranged BGY

HK-47

Merciless and Unfeeling

Droid-Hunter-Brawler

Cost: 12

Speed: 5

Health: 13

Versatile Weaponry: You may force the defender to reroll one defense die.

Arsenal: Your attack consists of any two attack die.

Murder Programming: After defeating a friendly figure, you gain 3 movement points..

+1 Block

~+2 damage

~+Pierce 3

Edited by HK47

Bith_NEGAS.jpg

Bith Musician

Mercenary Faction

Cost: 2

No Abilities

Distracting

Inspiring

Non Combatant

Health: 3

Defense: W

Attack: n/a

Elite Bith Musician

Mercenary Faction

Cost: 5

+Evade

Very Distracting: Friendly figures within 3 spaces gain +Evade.

Inspiring

Non Combatant

Health: 4
Attack: n/a

Loving the Delta Squad. They would be a hilarious Skirmish squad.

Add on for Hondo:

Laid Back: You and all adjacent allies cannot suffer strain.

Spcetra_Mando_Mandalorian.png

Mandalorian Mercenery

Merc Faction

Hunter

Cost 10

+Evade + Block | ~ Blast 1 | ~Pierce 2 | Mobile

--> Flamethrower: Instead of attacking this activation, choose up to 3 enemy figures within 3 spaces. Roll a yellow die. Each figure suffers damage equal to the die results.

Health: 9

Attack: Ranged BGY

I really like it, but I would change flamethrower from 1 yellow die to two yellow dice or 1 green die. 1 yellow die will hardly do a thing with only 1 side having 2 damage.

There was talk earlier of a character that works in all factions, and Mara Jade springs immediately to mind. Here's my attempt at Mara as Emperor's Hand, on the run from the Remnant under Ysanne, and as a Jedi Master, including command cards and Skirmish Upgrades. I'm having a lot of trouble with Jedi Master Mara, ideas welcome.

•Mara Jade, Emperor's Hand

Force User-Spy

5 points

+Evade, ~:+2 Dmg, ~:Stun, ~: Weaken

->Distraction: Remove a Beneficial condition from an adjacent hostile figure.

Precise Strike: When attacking, you may discard a Command Card to remove one die from the defender's defense pool.

Observation: When attacking, if you began this activation within line of sight of your target, add +~ to your attack results.

Attack: GG Ranged

Health: 7

Imperial Skirmish Upgrade:

•Undercover Operative

2 points

Spy Only

You may deploy this unit in your opponent's start zone.

You cannot be declared as the target of attacks.

Deplete this card when you declare an attack, inflict damage on a hostile figure, or when your player has 10 or more VP at the end of an activation.

Command Card: Emperor's Orders

[imperial] Mara Jade

1of, 2pt

->: Place this card on an enemy deployment card. When Mara Jade is attacking figures from that card, apply +2 damage to the result. When that group is defeated, discard this card.

----------------------------------------

•Mara Jade, Galactic Drifter

Scum

Force User-Smuggler

8 points

~:+1 Accuracy, ~:+2 damage, ~: Recover 2

Foresight

Nimble: After an attack targeting you is resolved, gain 2 movement points for each of your Evade results.

Remnant Contacts: You may include up to one non-upgrade, non-elite [imperial] deployment card in your army.

Speed 5

Defense W

Attack: BGR

Health 9

Scum Skirmish Upgrade

•Life on the Run

Smuggler only

1 point

When a hostile figure enters a space adjacent to you, you may deplete this card to interrupt to perform a move action.

Command Card

Cleaning up the Trash

[scum] Mara Jade

2pt,1of

->: Perform an attack. If this attack defeats the targeted figures group, gain 3 VP.

-------------------------------------------------------

•Mara Jade Skywalker, Jedi Master

Force User-Hunter-Brawler

Rebel/New Republic

14 points

+Evade, ~:+2 damage, ~: Pierce 2, ~: Recover 2

Stalker: When attacking, if your target did not have line of sight to you at the start of your activation, apply +1 damage to the attack results.

->Hit and Fade: Perform an attack, then gain 2 movement points.

Speed 5

Defense BW

Attack RGY

Health 14

[Rebel/New Republic] Skirmish Upgrade

•The Unifying Force

New Republic Mara is hard to translate into a game figure. She's alternately a wise Jedi, a deft politician, and a terrifying hunter at the end. Upgrade and command cards are also difficult. Anyone have brilliant ideas?

star_wars__tcg___obi_wan_kenobi_by_antho

Ben Kenobi

18 Points

Rebel

Force User

~Peirce 3 | ~+2Damage | ~~Recover 1

--> Mind Trick: Choose one non-unique enemy figure within 3 space. Move that figure up to 3 spaces.

Precise Deflection : After an attack from a RANGED weapon targeting you resolves, if you suffered no damage, choose one enemy figure within line of sight. That figure suffers 1 Damage.

Health: 8

Defense: WW

Attack: Melee RGY

Command Card:

More Powerful

Cost 3

Limit 1

When you are defeated, you may choose an exhausted deployment card and ready it. Then Each figure in that group becomes focused.

Edited by RogueLieutenant

Ben Kenobi

21 Points

Rebel

Force User

--> Mind Trick: Choose one non-unique enemy figure within 3 space. Move that figure up to 3 spaces.

Precise Deflection : After an attack from a RANGED weapon targeting you resolves, if you suffered no damage, choose one enemy figure within line of sight. That figure suffers 1 Damage.

Attack: Melee RYY

Is the 21 point cost not a bit extreme?? Compare him to someone like Darth Vader who has twice as much health (although I totally agree with your health value for Kenobi) 1 red die instead of a yellow, has the same surge abilities as Kenobi except the recover and has two black to two white defense.

Getting two dodges won't help you much (although you have 50% more chance of getting one).

Darth Vader can also reroll 1 defense die.

I think that you should decrease the number of spaces moved by Mind Trick to 2, and decrease the point cost to around 16.

Overall though, I like the idea!

Edited by Viperous

Ben Kenobi

21 Points

Rebel

Force User

Is the 21 point cost not a bit extreme?? Compare him to someone like Darth Vader who has twice as much health (although I totally agree with your health value for Kenobi) 1 red die instead of a yellow, has the same surge abilities as Kenobi except the recover and has two black to two white defense.

Getting two dodges won't help you much (although you have 50% more chance of getting one).

I think that you should decrease the number of spaces moved by Mind Trick to 2, and decrease the point cost to around 16.

I wanted to make sort of an Inverse Vader. And I figured I'd err on the side of overrcosting him rather than undercosting him. I wasn't going to put foresight on him either. If Obi Wan had foresight Anaking wouldn't have fallen to the dark side. :P

I could bump down the cost and change his attack dice. I will edit it. Thanks for the feedback.

Boba-Fett-Holiday-Special-Misc-01.jpg

Boba Fett "Vader's Right Hand Man"

Mercenary/Imperial

Hunter

Cost: 13

+Evade +Block | ~Stun | ~Pierce 1 | Mobile

--> Stun Prod: Choose one enemy figure within 3 spaces. That figure becomes stunned.

Battle Discipline: When you declare an attack: Choose one of the following abilities to apply to that attack: Weaken | ~+2 Damage | ~Recover 2

Attack: Melee GY

Beast

Massive (2x3), Mobile

Mount: This unit may have a Boba Fett deployment card attached to it. It may use any of the attacks of the attached unit. (not special actions) When this unit is destroyed, place the attached Boba Fett unit in one of the spaces previously occupied by the Dinosaur Mount

Defense: BB

Cost: 7?

Edited by Sam Tomahawk

Massive (2x6)

I really hope this is a typo.

Massive (2x6)

That's massive! You seem to be heading along the lines of a Tyrannosaurus Rex for the mount with your base.

I think "Massively Massive" would be a better keyword.

Are you sure you didn't mean 2x3????? :blink: :D

Here is my contribution...

Death Star

Extremely Heavy Weapon,Extremely Massive,Extremely unmobile.

Death-Star-I-copy_36ad2500.jpeg?region=0

cost n/a

- +2 damage,--+5 damage, --- +15 damage

base = 6x6 spaces

You can deploy this figure at the end of any mission where you had at least 10 threat.

This figure cannot be deployed during the mission.

Extreme Marksman

You cannot miss by accuracy

-->--> Planet Pulverizer

Use at the end of a campaign mission. Choose 1 Hero. You may perform 5 attacks targeting

that figure. After this, all figures within 100 spaces are instantly destroyed. Once this action has been performed, you can never

play this mission again.

-->--> Dropship attack

At the end of a campaign mission where you were the loser you can activate this card to deploy 2 stormtrooper groups, 1 At-St, General Weiss, 2

e-web engineers, and any other group/figure you feel like bringing. You can wound all the heroes to steal victory.

Non sentient you cannot interact

An Overwhelming Power

while attacking, apply -1 dodge to the defense results.

Health 1000

Speed n/a

defense BBBBBBB

Attack RRRRRYYYYBBBBGGG

I may come up with some slightly more sensible things later... :D :lol: :) :D

Edited by Viperous

Jyn in my campaign would still kill that thing before it had a chance to do anything.... :P

Massive (2x6)

Wookiee%20List%2005.jpg

Black Krrsantan

Mercenary

Wookiee

Hunter

Cost: 17

+ 1Block | ~+2 Damage | ~Bleed | ~Stun

Assault: You may perform multiple attacks during an activation.

-->Charge: Move a number of spaces up to your speed, then perform an attack.

-->Slam: Choose one adjacent hostile figure and roll 1 red die. That figure suffers damage equal to the damage results. Then you may push that figure one space.

Health: 16

Attack: Ranged RBG

This guy is in the Darth Vader comic from Marvel. He is a monster.

Ben Kenobi

21 Points

Rebel

Force User

I wanted to make sort of an Inverse Vader. And I figured I'd err on the side of overrcosting him rather than undercosting him. I wasn't going to put foresight on him either. If Obi Wan had foresight Anaking wouldn't have fallen to the dark side. :P

I could bump down the cost and change his attack dice. I will edit it. Thanks for the feedback.

While Obi Wan had little foresight for the distant future where Anakin was concerned, he was a master of Form III, aka total defense. I'd for sure give him the Foresight ability at the least, if not "Soresu: When defending against [blaster] attacks, you may reroll up to 2 dice". Coinciding with that, I would reduce his attack dice to to RGY. Less raw damage than Vader, but more access to surges to get tricky.

If I was designing Clone Wars era Obi Wan I'd be leaning more heavily on the Form III mastery. one of his Clone Wars figures from the old WOTC game was so OP it was banned from tournaments apparently. You couldn't hurt him at all lol.

kenobi_starter.jpg

Basically had an almost 50% of never taking damage.

Old Benny here might be a little out of practice. And while still hard to hit, those white dice are annoying enough as is and two of them give you around a 33% chance of not taking any damage if my math is right, which it could very well not be. Which seems like a decent progression from him in his prime.

Just my rationale.

He could maybe have a built in Evade...

He could maybe have a built in Evade...

And two white dice??? :unsure:

What if he had the ability to reroll 1 blank on a defense dice??

Edited by Viperous

greedotaxidriver_final_by_joopadoops-d8x

Greedo

Mercenary

Hunter

Cost 4

+ Evade() | ~+1 Damage | ~1 Damage | +1 Accuracy

Itchy Trigger Finger: At the start of a hostile figure's activation, you may interrupt to perform an attack against that figure. If this attack deals no damage, that figure may interrupt to perform an attack targeting Greedo.

Disposable: When defending apply -1 Dodge to your results.

Health: 5

Attack: GY

Edited by RogueLieutenant

greedotaxidriver_final_by_joopadoops-d8x

Greedo

Mercenary

Hunter

Cost 6

+ Evade() | ~+1 Damage | ~Pierce 1 | +1 Accuracy

Itchy Trigger Finger: At the start of a hostile figure's activation, you may interrupt to perform an attack against that figure. If this attack does not hit, you are defeated.

Disposable: When defending apply -1 Dodge to your results.

Health: 5

Attack: GY

He's too expensive. You're basically paying for an Elite Hired Gun on its own. I think maybe 4 points, or even 3 since he has 2 suicidal abilities.