Homebrew Characters Thread

By Rogue Dakotan, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Does anyone have any formulas or processes for determining point cost? Or is everyone just comparing everything to existence cards? I specifically want to know how much extra points something should have if it is two or three figures as opposed to 1.

Any help?

Does anyone have any formulas or processes for determining point cost? Or is everyone just comparing everything to existence cards? I specifically want to know how much extra points something should have if it is two or three figures as opposed to 1.

Any help?

I don't have any formula, I just compare. For groups, I will separate out one unit and compare it to a single unit from other squads such as Elite or normal Troopers, Trandos, Sabs, and cost the single unit out, then multiply that price by the number in the group. Example: my Dark Troopers from earlier in the thread were costed by comparing to Stormtroopers. When I saw that they were closer to Elite Stormtroopers than regular, I priced a single unit at 3. Then, since there are 2 per group, I do some multiplication and end up with 6 points per card.

Reminded by the Lothal Rebels thread that I had a concept I liked for Zeb:

Zeb Orrelios

Rebel Muscle

Cost: 6

Brawler

Mobile S: +2 accuracy, +1 Damage, S: Focus
Bludgeon: While attacking you may apply -2 accuracy and +1 damage to the attack results. You may use this ability up to twice per attack.
Health: 8
Speed: 5
Defense: B
Ranged Attack: BR

That's actually a really well thought out and priced card. Bravo!

Kes Damereon

SpecForce Pathfinder

Trooper, Brawler

+1 Accruacy, ~ +2 Damage ~ Pierce 2 ~~Bleed and Stun
Health: 7
Ranged Attack: BG
When attacking if within 3 spaces of Shara Bey add +1 damage and a surge to your attack results.
~Primed for Battle. Recover 2 health from Kes and Shara..

Shara Bey

Green Squadron

Pilot, Leader

+1 Damage
Health: 9
Speed: 4
Ranged Attack: BG
When defending if within 3 spaces of Kes Dameron add +block and +1 dodge to your results.
~Primed for Battle. Give focus to yourself and Kes Dameron.

I like something like this.

I feel like you gave Kes and Shara too much. Possibly change the "and" in their pairing abilities to an "or" (within 3 is a large area) and remove Kes's surge for pierce (they'd still probably be above the curve for single figures in this price range but that's not necessarily a bad thing).

I feel like you gave Kes and Shara too much. Possibly change the "and" in their pairing abilities to an "or" (within 3 is a large area) and remove Kes's surge for pierce (they'd still probably be above the curve for single figures in this price range but that's not necessarily a bad thing).

Thanks I definitely needed help on costing. Switching it to or should help a lot. original we made it so they had to be adjacent and gave them even more differing speeds, 5 for one and 3 for the other) but we found it never went off. I'll try these switches and see how they go.

kylo-ren-header.jpg

Kylo Ren

Cost: 10

Attack: R Y

Defence: B B

Force of Will: When defending, if you are dealt 3 or more (Hits) you may cancel the amount up to 2. Then, become Bleeding
Mind Probe: Choose one adjacent figure. That figure's player must show you one Command Cards in their hand and discard it or gain 2 strain.

Surges:

Pierce 2

+2 Damage

Stun

kylo-ren-header.jpg

Kylo Ren

Cost: 10

Defence: B B

Force of Will: When defending, if you are dealt 3 or more (Hits) you may cancel the amount up to 2. Then, become Bleeding

Mind Probe: Choose one adjacent figure. That figure's player must show you one Command Cards in their hand and discard it or gain 2 strain.

Surges:

Pierce 2

+2 Damage

Stun

I really like the two abilities. very thematic. :D

finn-star-wars-vii-the-force-awakens-lif

Finn

Solider

Cost: 7

Attack: B R

Defence: B

With Friends : At the beginning of the mission, pick one figure. You gain +Surge when you're adjacent to that figure and may reroll 1 defense dice.
Distracting: While a friendly figure is defending, and you are adjacent to the targeted space, apply +1(evade) to the defense results.

Surges:
(Auto) Evade Surge

Stun, Weaken
+2 Accuracy, +1 damage

I see Finn as almost support that loves to tag along to one specific figure and help them out while helping himself out.

star-wars-the-force-awakens.jpeg?w=650
Rey
Force User, Brawler

Cost: 8

Defence: W

Foresight : While defending, you may reroll 1 defense die.
Intuitive Combat: If you are a target of an attack, become focused.

Surges:
(Auto) Reach

Stun
+1 damage
+ 2 Cleave

Rey is a bit too close to Diala... but, that's because they are? But this version is much better

s-l300.jpg

Sidon Ithano , AKA "The Crimson Corsair," "The Blood Buccaneer," and "The Red Raider."

Mercenary Faction

Hunter

Pirate

COST: 8

+Evade
+2 Accuracy
~Bleed
~+2 Damage

Inspiring: While another friendly figure within 3 spaces is attacking, it may reroll one die. (He's a pirate leader and his crew are in awe of him)

Front Line Master: While attacking, if the target is within 3 spaces of you, you may replace any number of attack dice with red dice. (I wanted to give him more RED)

Attack: GG

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_d77vk05g8x4o

I just had to make some stats for this guy, because he's become one of my new favorite characters for whatever reason. he just looks cool. And his short story was pretty fun too.

Edited by RogueLieutenant

s-l300.jpg

Sidon Ithano , AKA "The Crimson Corsair," "The Blood Buccaneer," and "The Red Raider."

Mercenary Faction

Hunter

Pirate

COST: 8?

+Evade

+2 Accuracy

~Bleed

~+1 Damage

Inspiring: While another friendly figure within 3 spaces is attacking, it may reroll one die. (He's a pirate leader and his crew are in awe of him)

Front Line Master: While attacking, if the target is within 3 spaces of you, you may replace any number of attack dice with red dice. (I wanted to give him more RED)

Attack: BG

tumblr_static_tumblr_static_d77vk05g8x4o

I just had to make some stats for this guy, because he's become one of my new favorite characters for whatever reason. he just looks cool. And his short story was pretty fun too.

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

edited to cost 7, GG, and ~+2 damage.

I like all these TFA characters! I would love a chance to get figures like them and give them a try. I must search old Star Wars minis for analogues.

Bossk

12 cost Elite

Mercenary Faction - Unique

Hunter - Brawler

xUn7XxW.jpg?1

+1 block l surge: Cripple

Surge: Pierce 2 l Surge: Recover 1

Relentless Hunter: When you declare an attack targeting a figure within 3 spaces, that figure suffers 1 strain and you gain 1 surge.

Prototype Scattergun: While attacking, if you are adjacent to the target, apply +2 damage to the results. This attack also gains Cleave 2.

Health: 12 Speed: 4 Defense: 1 Black Attack: Green Red Blue

New condition

Cripple

This figure's speed is reduced by half (rounded-up). Remove this condition at the end of this figure's activation.

Edited by patrickmahan

swk_wicket.jpg

Wicket

Rebellion

Brawler

3 Points

--------------

~pierce 2

~weaken

~+1 Damage

---------------

Efficient Travel: You ignore additional movement point costs from difficult terrain and enemy figures.

Lucky

-----

Health: 4

Defense: W

Attack: Melee YY

08216e233b9363de0782237c2ba7b035.jpg

Zayne Carrick

Old Republic

Force User

Brawler

Cost 7

~Pierce 2

~+1Damage

Karmic Luck: At the start of your activation roll one blue die. If the range is an even number, apply +1Block and +damage until the start of your next activation. If odd, apply -1Block and -1damage until the start of your next activation.

Distracting

Foresight

Defense: W

Attack: Melee RY

902298-product-thumb.jpg

Shadow Trooper

Empire

Trooper

Spy

8 points

2 figures

------

+2Accuracy

~+1Accuracy

~+2damage

Stealth: When defending, if the attacker is more than 3 spaces away, add a white die to your defense pool.

In the shadows: at the start of your activation, if no enemy figure has line of sight to you, gain 2 movement points.

Health: 4

Attack: Ranged: BR

I'm painting up a stormtrooper figure from WotC game now to look like a Shadow Trooper. I'm thinking it'd be a good option for a player to be an Imperial hero. (I offer imperial hero slots to a player if I have 5 rebel heroes.)

I'm painting up a stormtrooper figure from WotC game now to look like a Shadow Trooper. I'm thinking it'd be a good option for a player to be an Imperial hero. (I offer imperial hero slots to a player if I have 5 rebel heroes.)

That sounds like a really cool way to include more players, rather than just partnering for the 'overlord' role.

WotC did have a Shadow Trooper mini too .

Yea, but they always have horrible paint jobs so redoing them in fun. Doing a Kylo ren inspired convert on an old Sith cultist.

What should be the Anti-Gaarkhan? A droid I was thinking, but what model?

tumblr_o06tpaX4Ls1r12qrqo1_540.jpg

Edited by CheapCreep

Yea, but they always have horrible paint jobs so redoing them in fun. Doing a Kylo ren inspired convert on an old Sith cultist.

What should be the Anti-Gaarkhan? A droid I was thinking, but what model?

perhaps an IG-RM bodyguard droid . They seem burly and bulky.

Okay: Feedback (primarily of the constructive criticism kind) time cause I feel inspired to it:

Kylo Ren:

I don't like giving him BB defense die, it's a bucket-load of defense for a fairly lost cost figure.

Force of will is cool but you probably want to limit it to if he's not already bleeding.

I assume Mind probe takes an action? It should.

How does a lightsaber stun? It's fine mechanically but weird thematically.

Finn:

The listing of his surges is a little ambiguous: does he have an automatic evade, and automatic surge and two surges that do two things?

The automatic surge in addition to with friends seems kind of silly since it means the surges he rolls are more or less meaningless.

Haven't done the math but his hitting power seems (maybe) a little low for his cost.

Rey:

Considering a lot of her hitting power comes from being attacked I feel like she could do with a bit more resilience.

Sidon:

Probably a point or two too cheap.

Bossk:

Is he meant to have a third attack dice? His hitting power seems low and the shot range bonuses feel awkward given that he has a 50% chance of only having 1 accuracy.

Wicket:

Looks annoying to play with or against... that's probably the point.

Zayne:

I dislike +evade on a white dice quite a lot but that's just my taste.
Idea (feel free to ignore it but I think it represents him well): Drop foresight and tenuous luck, give him lucky and "When an attack targeting you is resolved, if you did not suffer damage, become stunned."

Shadow troopers:

Stealth seems really bad on figures who have such a high chance of missing at anything more than range 2. Maybe drop it and have them cost 6.

Okay: Feedback (primarily of the constructive criticism kind) time cause I feel inspired to it:

Bossk:

Is he meant to have a third attack dice? His hitting power seems low and the shot range bonuses feel awkward given that he has a 50% chance of only having 1 accuracy.

Ya, forget to give him a blue.

Sidon:

Probably a point or two too cheap.

Increased his cost by 1.

Wicket:

Looks annoying to play with or against... that's probably the point.

Lowered his HP by one.

Zayne:

I dislike +evade on a white dice quite a lot but that's just my taste.

Idea (feel free to ignore it but I think it represents him well): Drop foresight and tenuous luck, give him lucky and "When an attack targeting you is resolved, if you did not suffer damage, become stunned."

Renamed his ability to Karmic Luck (what it was called on his WOTC figure), changed it to modify his Blocks instead of Evades.

Shadow troopers:

Stealth seems really bad on figures who have such a high chance of missing at anything more than range 2. Maybe drop it and have them cost 6.

Added built in accuracy to help them keep their distance.

1037703451.jpg