My attempt at Palpatine.

Sheev Palpatine

Empire

Force user

Pierce 2

~Focus

~2 Damage

+1Block +1Evade

Force Lightning: Choose a figure in your LOS within 2 spaces. That figure and each figure adjacent to it suffers 2 damage and becomes stunned.

Foresight: When defending you may reroll one die.

Assault

Health: 10

Speed: 4

Defense W

Attack: RRY

That's my best attempt. Curious if we'll ever see him in this game. I tend to only try and homebrew characters that i'm pretty certain won't ever be officially designed.

maybe he could have the Pounce action too lol.

Edited by RogueLieutenant

****, thats pretty good. Thanks. Boy, i hope we do see him someday.

****, thats pretty good. Thanks. Boy, i hope we do see him someday.

The Inquisitor

Scourge of Lothal

Force User - Hunter - Brawler

?? Points

+Block, Cleave 2

~: +2 Damage

~: Pierce 1

~: +1 Accuracy

->Saber Throw: Perform a ranged weapon attack using a Blue and a Red die.

Relentless

Inquisition: When attacking a Force User, add +~ to your results.

Health: 9

Speed: 5

Defense: W

Attack: Melee RYY (maybe RGY?)

Not-What-you-Think-2.png

Ezra Bridger
Rebel
Force User, Brawler

+Evade | ~pierce 1 | ~+1 Damage

--> Stun Blaster: Perform a ranged weapon attack using BG. If this attack hits it does no damage. The target becomes stunned.

Foresight

Health: 7
Attack: Melee GY

starwarsrebelsclips-119662.jpg

C1-10P
Rebel
Droid

+1~ | ~Stun | ~Weaken

Relentless

-->Service

Speed 3
Defense: B
Attack: Ranged: G

Please guys at least estimate a cost for your characters, it gives a lot of information about intent to anyone who wants to give feedback.

Assuming you want the Inquisitor to be a lower cost vader/rgc alternative he should probably have more like a GGY attack and be about 12 points.

Chopper needs an accuracy bonus if you want him to be able to attack at range.

Also I don't like having both evade and foresight on Ezra. I'd drop the former and put him at 5 points with chopper at 3.

EDIT: Noticed Ezra's base attack was melee

Edited by Norgrath

Pyke Syndicate Spice Merchant (Shortened to Spice Merchant)

Smuggler

Cost: 3

Health: 4

Attack: Blue Yellow

Defence: White

Surge 1: +1 Damage

Surge 3: Recover 1

Surge 4: Focus

Disposable Allies: When attacked, if there is a friendly figure withing three spaces, that figure may become the target of that attack.

Try the stock: Action: Choose an adjacent friendly figure, that figure may recover 2.

Pyke Syndicate Spice Merchant (Shortened to Spice Merchant) Elite

Smuggler

Cost: 4

Health: 5

Attack: Blue Yellow

Defence: White

Surge 1: +2 Damage

Surge 3: Recover 2

Surge 4: Focus

Disposable Allies: When attacked, if there is a friendly figure withing three spaces, that figure may become the target of that attack.

Try the Good stuff: Action: Choose an adjacent friendly figure, that figure may recover 2 or become focused.

My idea here is a scum-based Imperial Officer, with similar abilities and comparable health and speed.

Edited by HK47

I think you can just call these spice merchants. Also I think it's best to leave type references off and just let it just use friendly figures.

I assume that they use a white defense die?

In a mechanical respect the regular version doesn't seem like it does much (synergy with hired guns aside) while Allure of Reward is way too much. Also having cower along with disposable allies seems odd.

My suggestion would be to drop cower and Allure of Reward and add something like this:

Try the stock: Action: Choose an adjacent friendly figure, that figure may recover 2.

While the Elite version has

Try the good stuff: Action: Choose an adjacent friendly figure, that figure may recover 2 or become focused.

1. Good point

2. Yes

3.Try the stock/ good stuff: good idea, ill add that.

Do you want some Death Sticks?

My attempt at Dewback Rider (Imperial) and TaunTaun Trooper (Rebel)

Dewback Rider - 9 points

Empire

Trooper - Mounted

+1 Block

~ Focus

~ Weakness

~ 1 Damage

Assault - You can perform multiply attacks during activations

Mounted - Interact requires 2 actions

Efficient travel

Speed: 3

(Flame Thrower) Melee Attack: RY

Still wanting to play around with the idea a bit. The whole thing was to have a pretty Tanky trooper that was extremely scary in close combat.

Tauntaun Rider - 9 points

Rebel

Trooper - Mounted

+1 Block +1 Evade

~ 2 accuracy & 2 Damage

~ 2 movement points

Efficient travel

Trying to play off the hit and run tactics of the rebels, is less durable but is able to get in and out of combat. Its flamethrower still does the same damage but instead of being able to use it twice in combat has longer range if surges happen.

The mounted keyword means these units are better at killing the enemy than trying to achieve certain objectives.

Edited by EpicBubbleSA

Please guys at least estimate a cost for your characters, it gives a lot of information about intent to anyone who wants to give feedback.

Assuming you want the Inquisitor to be a lower cost vader/rgc alternative he should probably have more like a GGY attack and be about 12 points.

I haven't been including prices because I usually try to get the theme right, then balance it. I do agree that I was going for a smaller Vader. I think I like the RYY where it's at. He'll put out less raw damage than the RGC but has a closer attunement to the Force. As is, I would put him at 10 to 11 points.

My attempt at Dewback Rider (Imperial) and TaunTaun Trooper (Rebel)

Dewback Rider - 9 points

Empire

Trooper - Mounted

+1 Block

~ Focus

~ Weakness

~ 1 Damage

Assault - You can perform multiply attacks during activations

Efficient travel

Speed: 3

Still wanting to play around with the idea a bit. The whole thing was to have a pretty Tanky trooper that was extremely scary in close combat.

Tauntaun Rider - 9 points

Rebel

Trooper - Mounted

+1 Block +1 Evade

~ 2 accuracy & 2 Damage

~ 2 movement points

Efficient travel

Trying to play off the hit and run tactics of the rebels, is less durable but is able to get in and out of combat. Its flamethrower still does the same damage but instead of being able to use it twice in combat has longer range if surges happen.

The mounted keyword means these units are better at killing the enemy than trying to achieve certain objectives.

Interesting, but I have a hard time seeing tauntaun and dewback riders with flame throwers. Although I could see lances simply change the ranged attack to a melee attack with reach and I think these guys could be real useful. Plus with 1 red and 1 yellow die, you probably won't be getting much range over 2.

Edited by Felswrath

Interesting, but I have a hard time seeing tauntaun and dewback riders with flame throwers. Although I could see lances simply change the ranged attack to a melee attack with reach and I think these guys could be real useful. Plus with 1 red and 1 yellow die, you probably won't be getting much range over 2.

Just go and look at Starwars Galatic Battlegrounds. Those guys were pretty happy to rock some flame throwers. But thank you :) I hope FFG do a sort of duel mount pack I would probably get 4 just to get a whole army of mighty tauntauns

Mvlakh.jpg

Noghri Assassin - 8 Points
Empire

Spy - Brawler

+1 Block

~ Focus

~ Bleed

~ 1 Damage

Nimble : After an attack targeting you is resolved, gain 2 movement points for each of your evade results.

Shadow Stride: If this figure is 4 spaces from attacking figure, it is considered out of Line of sight.

Knifes Melee Attack: RG

Grand Admiral Thrawn - 6 Points
Empire

Leader

+1 Evade

~ Focus

Stun

[Action] Calculated Strike: Choose one adjacent friendly figure. That figure may interrupt to perform an attack targeting a figure. Apply Weaken to defending Figure.

~ Squad Command: Choose an adjacent friendly figure. That figure becomes Focused.

Health: 6

Blaster Range Attack: BG

Edited by CheapCreep

at-te

cost 16

speed 2

defense:black

attack: any 4 attack die

special ability: epic arsenal

double action: ( full fire power) attack 3 times, defenders get +1 black die

surge:pierce 3

surge:blast 3

surge: +3 damage

Lando Calrissian , General

Leader

[Cost 11]

Health : 12

Speed : 4

Defense : White+Black
Attack : Red+Blue+Green

Surge: +1 Accuracy, +1 Damage, +1 Pierce

Surge: +1 Accuracy, +1 Damage, +1 Blast

Smooth : When attacking, you may change one die to any face.

Gotta Give 'Em More Time !: When Lando or an adjacent friendly character is defeated, it is not removed form the board until the end of the turn.

TSR95037-21_90.jpeg

Lando Calrissian , General

Leader

[Cost 11]

Health : 12

Speed : 4

Defense : White+Black

Attack : Red+Blue+Green

Surge: +1 Accuracy, +1 Damage, +1 Pierce

Surge: +1 Accuracy, +1 Damage, +1 Blast

Smooth : When attacking, you may change one die to any face.

Gotta Give 'Em More Time !: When Lando or an adjacent friendly character is defeated, it is not removed form the board until the end of the turn.

TSR95037-21_90.jpeg

I LOVE the gotta give 'em more time ability, though it should probably technically read "round" not "turn."

BW defense is chewbacca level tough. Should just be a white with cunning probably.

Shadowtroopers (2)

Cost: 10

Attack: B G Y

Defence: B

Cloaking device: Enemies 4 spaces or more away can not trace line of sight.

Best of The Best: While attacking, If adjacent to a friendly Leader or Trooper, +1 surge.

Surges:

Auto +1 Accuracy

+2 Damage

Pierce 2

Recover 1

Instead of the cloaking device ability, I like what FFG did with the cloaking device class card - add 1 white defense die to the already existing black die. Black die accounts for the armor, while the white die accounts for the cloaking device [sometimes it is fully working (dodge), other times it is flickering (block + evade), and sometimes it is malfunctioning (blank).

DSD1 Dwarf Spider Droid

Empire

Cost: 7

Health: 9

Attack: Blue Red

Defence: B

Targeting Computer: While attacking, you may reroll 1 die.

System Uplink: While adjacent to a friendly Droid, +1 damage OR surge.

Surges

Auto 2 Accuracy

Plus 2 damage

Blast 2

Hoping for the ffg character builder similar to descent 1ed had, and while on topic a mission generator like descent 2ed

Coruscant Shock Troopers

Cost: 12

Figures: 3

Defense: Black

Attack: BGY

Best of The Best: While attacking, If adjacent to a friendly Leader or Trooper, +1 surge.

Surges:

+1 damage

Pierce 1

Stun

Auto 1 block

imperial-shock-trooper1.jpg

Jodo Kast

Mercenary Faction

Hunter

Attack: Ranged YGB

+1Block +1Evade | Mobile | ~+1 Damage | ~Weaken

Grapple Cable: ~Reduce the target's speed to 1 until the end of the round.

--> Flamethrower: Choose up to 3 targets within 3 spaces. Roll one yellow die. Each target suffers damage equal to the damage results.

11 Points?

Kast1.jpg

basically he's a knock off Boba Fett. A wannabe. He still has Mando armor so he retains the awesome defense buff, but he's not trained as well so he can't recover or anything.

Jodo Kast

Mercenary Faction

Hunter

Attack: Ranged YGB

+1Block +1Evade | Mobile | ~+1 Damage | ~Weaken

Grapple Cable: ~Reduce the target's speed to 1 until the end of the round.

--> Flamethrower: Choose up to 3 targets within 3 spaces. Roll one yellow die. Each target suffers damage equal to the damage results.

11 Points?

Kast1.jpg

basically he's a knock off Boba Fett. A wannabe. He still has Mando armor so he retains the awesome defense buff, but he's not trained as well so he can't recover or anything.

I would say take either +Block or +Evade, not both. I feel like Kast should go down like a chump when compared to Fett. I would also make Grapple Cable into a ->: action and reduce his price to 9 or 10.