Homebrew Characters Thread

By Rogue Dakotan, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

8 hours ago, TheWelcomeMat88 said:

@Bitterman did you ever playtest that gonk droid? Seems like 3 of them with like an atdp and bt1 type figures around could be insane (atdp rolling 6 dice?)?

Not used it in anger yet, no, and it's true that I didn't necessarily think carefully about what might happen with multiple Gonks. OTOH, they only hand out power tokens (which are inherently limited to 2), not dice - so not sure where 6 dice come from? [edit] Wait... unless you're referring to an older version? I don't remember what that looked like if so, maybe it did grant extra dice. If so then yeah, that's likely to be too much. [/edit]

Edited by Bitterman

Deployment_Card_Empire_Assassin_probe_El

On 5/29/2018 at 11:23 AM, NagyLaci said:

Deployment_Card_Empire_Assassin_probe_El

Scary. That's the point though, isn't it :P

BKEjWES.png

Edited by Tvboy

I'm very intrigued by your stuff, @Tvboy :) You you tell us more about your campaign project (in a separate thread perhaps) or alternatively point me to somewhere where you do (in case there's a thread I don't know about)? :D

Planning to initially release a 4-6 mission campaign with 4 heroes and 1-2 Rebel class decks, all using content available in the Core. Then a wave 2 release with 4 more heroes from the expansions along with more missions using expansion tiles. So far I've got 3 heroes finished, 1 Rebel class deck, 1 wave 2 hero, and 4 missions drafted, and a couple others that are still being workshopped. Even when all the content is done, templating and formatting and editing everything like I did with Edge of Oblivion will take a lot of time.

Originally I had been working with @josef747 on his project that he had already started, but I hadn't heard from him in over a year so I started from scratch with my own designs so that he could finish his on his own time if he wanted to later.

I hope to release Wave 1 before the end of 2018.

Sounds great, @Tvboy . Perhaps we should share experiences and tips at some point. Your stuff is awesome :D

3 minutes ago, angelman2 said:

Sounds great, @Tvboy . Perhaps we should share experiences and tips at some point. Your stuff is awesome :D

Thank you, I'd be happy to help you playtest stuff if you need it. Or just chat design. I'm probably gonna need some playtest help myself in the next month or so.

Hmm, and now I already see something on Renz 3xp card that I want to change XD.

Edited by Tvboy

awesome work. been wanting to create a rebel version for a while (just finding the time to do it!) keep it up man. I'd offer my design services, but i'm absolutely stacked at present. my group and I would be down to help you play test if needed.

Yoda must be in...

YODA-Cost 12

Force User/ Leader

Surges: Free Evade and block, 1 Surge: +2 damage, 1 Surge: Pierce 3, 1 Surge: recover 2

Action: Force Jump: move up to 6 spaces considering Yoda as mobile while counting. You must end in a free eligible space.

Free Action: Force push: Select an enemy mini and push it up to 3 spaces. Then deal 1 damage to it. Limit once per activation.

Force aura: friendly minis at 3 or less spaces under ranged attack apply -1 damage to the attack results.

Life 12, Speed 1 (is an old man with a rod, but with force powers), Defense: W-W Attack: G-G-G

Working on a homebrew campaign with a nasty surprise.

1350110723_XenomorphStalker.png.ee44ade899e3b59c316528abaf403cc0.png 1815102268_XenomorphFacehugger.png.a058737dc035ff33b2e3f4d1a3975e33.png

1212856606_XenomorphQueen.png.48c478e9163cdf646998f6d2cafc4063.png egg.png.69571d4ed06697e7f5d5bf88eb5021f6.png

Edited by BadMothaBantha
Never added the photos :P
On 7/9/2018 at 2:14 PM, Tvboy said:

Planning to initially release a 4-6 mission campaign with 4 heroes and 1-2 Rebel class decks, all using content available in the Core. Then a wave 2 release with 4 more heroes from the expansions along with more missions using expansion tiles. So far I've got 3 heroes finished, 1 Rebel class deck, 1 wave 2 hero, and 4 missions drafted, and a couple others that are still being workshopped. Even when all the content is done, templating and formatting and editing everything like I did with Edge of Oblivion will take a lot of time.

Originally I had been working with @josef747 on his project that he had already started, but I hadn't heard from him in over a year so I started from scratch with my own designs so that he could finish his on his own time if he wanted to later.

I hope to release Wave 1 before the end of 2018.

Make sure to post a link here so we can all check it out! That sounds awesome.

15 hours ago, BadMothaBantha said:

1350110723_XenomorphStalker.png.ee44ade899e3b59c316528abaf403cc0.png 1815102268_XenomorphFacehugger.png.a058737dc035ff33b2e3f4d1a3975e33.png

1212856606_XenomorphQueen.png.48c478e9163cdf646998f6d2cafc4063.png egg.png.69571d4ed06697e7f5d5bf88eb5021f6.png

Great cards, will be scary when they are deployed.

There is one give instead of choose in the queen's movement ability. Also it maybe shouldn't cost s 12-point figure's whole activation to get a chance for a facehugger.

The egg can interact based on the card and is counted for control (can be important if you play skirmish with these)

The facehugger has low chance to defeat a hero especially because there won't be many of the map unless deployed by mission. Maybe they should also be able to impregnate stunned targets, which would defeat them and spawn the stalker in their space, but only at the end of the next round, so the heroes remove/defeat it.

7 hours ago, NagyLaci said:

There is one give instead of choose in the queen's movement ability. Also it maybe shouldn't cost s 12-point figure's whole activation to get a chance for a facehugger

The egg can interact based on the card and is counted for control (can be important if you play skirmish with these)

The facehugger has low chance to defeat a hero especially because there won't be many of the map unless deployed by mission. Maybe they should also be able to impregnate stunned targets, which would defeat them and spawn the stalker in their space, but only at the end of the next round, so the heroes remove/defeat it.

Thanks for the feedback. That's some good stuff to consider. I will probably change the Queens ability to one action.

The egg and facehuggers are both companion cards though so I don't believe they count for control or interacting anyways. I didn't make that clear but the deployment Card Maker I've been using doesn't have a template for companions.

As for the facehuggers ability to spawn more units, the campaign will have a lot of neutral Mission tokens as civilians that the heroes are trying to save.

Could also feed civilians to the Queen to lay more eggs.

I think that's how it works:

Facehugger ambushes someone -> Impregnates them if not removed -> Stalker kills the victim and hunts people -> It carries food to the queen who lays eggs

1 hour ago, NagyLaci said:

It carries food to the queen who lays eggs

It's not so much that they bring her food as they bring injured hosts to her egg chamber to be impregnated by more facehuggers.

I used to play the original Star Wars Miniatures, so I'm really excited to start making homebrew stuff to convert a lot of the figures I have from that. I'm starting with the Seperatists, but have also done some work on other factions, as well as some non-starwars characters.

Deployment Card - Mercenaries - Samus Aran, Galactic Hunter (Unique) [Skirmish Only] [custom].png

Deployment Card - Neutral - Battle Droids [custom].png

Deployment Card - Neutral - Count Dooku, Count of Serenno (Unique) [custom].png

Deployment Card - Neutral - Destroyer Droids (Elite) [custom].png

Nice Cards! Here's my custom character, I haven't made a campaign version for him yet, and I would like to know your thoughts on how best to transfer his powers to campaign? Also, what do you think of his command card?
Arctic-Wolfwaker-image.png

Bd-53-image.png

An-Archeologist-039-s-War-image.png

On 8/1/2018 at 12:40 PM, BadMothaBantha said:

Is it an IA modification of Awful Green Things From Outer Space? :D

Anyone have a custom Boushh card created that has been tested a bit? I could have sworn I saw one on the forums in the past but now I’m unable to find it.

Part one of a custom mission I'm working on.

Deployment Card - Mercenaries - The Tusken King, Tusken Warlord (Unique) [custom].png

Edited by Scuro

"another figure in your group"

groups refer to units within the same card. The Tusken King has a group size of 1, therefore there isn't anyone else in his group. You'll need to change the wording to reflect what you intended.

Baze Malbus

Trooper-Heavy Weapon-Guardian

plus 3 Accuracy

Surges

plus 2 damage

plus 2 accuracy

Blast 2
Attack- Ranged Red, Red, Yellow

Defense- Black

Health- 9

Speed- 3

Powers

The bigger they are the harder they fall- You gain Pierce 2 when you are attacking a enemy with the keyword Vehicle, if you defeat a Vehicle, you become focused

Heavy Armor- You get plus 2 defense and you may convert an evade to plus 2 defense

You almost shot me- friendly figures don’t block line of sight

Edited by Savagelevel421
On 5/26/2018 at 6:45 AM, Tvboy said:

Here's some stuff I've been working on for the last few months. It's a full custom campaign with new missions, 6 Imperial heroes total, 4 to start, and 2 Rebel class decks. Posting because it's hard to work so long with no feedback.

Bossk_Hero_Sheet_small.png

ACP_Scattergun_small.png

Kir_Kanos_Hero_Sheet_small.png

Double_Vibroblade_small.png

XP_sheet_small.png

XP_sheet_small.png

This may be two years too late, but, I really liked what you have going on here. Especially for Kir Kanos! I just have few questions about one of upgrades, the Guerrilla Tactis cards and Bossk.
With Kir Kanos "best of the best" upgrade, it says he can't do any of the actions twice. Does this mean he can no longer move twice, doesn't that really get in the way of moving around the map, which is pretty essential in this game? Not only that, but doesn't that get in the way of Brutality or does allow him to use Brutality and still attack one more time (which, being an Empire player, seems a bit too much..even if they are rebel scum). Other than that, I found Kir Kanos to be pretty much perfect and kinda balanced (but still with a hint of OP)!

Now, Guerrilla Tactics, I assume these are Class Cards for the Empire, and honestly I just found them confusing all around, I didn't understand too well who it was meant for, sometimes it seemed like it was the Empire but sometimes for Rebels too. Not to mention that some cards there seem ridicously unfair.
Confusing: From the Shadows; Priority Target; Clever Feint; Ragtag Forces (second half)
OP/Unfair: Unorthodox Methods (though, given the name, I can let it slide), Tactical Retreat, Diverse Skillset (given that it is a 4xp card, it's almost fair, but I feel that it either needs a drawback or a nerf).

Where are Bossk's hero xp cards?

How can I print out the Kir Kanos cards? I would love to check out some custom made heroes for campaigns and use them on when I stream IA