Review_GamorreanGuardTVC_stillE.jpg

Gamorrean Guard

Brawler

Cost: 8

Reinforcement cost: 4

Number per group: 2

/\/ : Cleave 1 | /\/ : Bleed

/\/ : 1 Damage | Reach

Bodyguard: If a hostile figure within 2 spaces declares an attack targeting a friendly Leader, you may interrupt to perform

an attack targeting that figure.

Protector: Obvious really.

--> Vibro-Axe: Instead of attacking, you may gain up to 3 movement points. Each hostile figure that is adjacent to you when your

move ends suffers 1 damage and becomes weakened (you cannot use Reach during this attack).

Health: 5 Speed: 4 Defense: Black Attack: (Melee) Red,Green

Gamorrean Guard

Brawler

Cost: 14

Reinforcement cost: 7

Number per group: 2

/\/ : Cleave 2 | /\/ : Bleed,Weaken

/\/ : 2 Damage | Reach

Elite Bodyguard: If a hostile figure within 3 spaces declares an attack targeting a friendly Leader, you may interrupt to move 1 space and perform

an attack targeting that figure. Apply +1 Damage to the attack results.

Avenger: When a friendly Leader within 3 spaces is defeated, you become focused.

Protector: Obvious really.

--> Ag'garok: Instead of attacking, you may gain up to 3 movement points. Each hostile figure that is adjacent to you when your

move ends suffers 2 damage and becomes weakened (you cannot use Reach during this attack).

Health: 7 Speed: 4 Defense: Black Attack: (Melee) Red,Green

Edited by Viperous

Entanglement-9.png

Garazeb Orrelios

Rebel

Brawler

Guardian

Cost: 10

~+2 Acc | ~+2 Damage | ~Pierce 1

-->Bo-Rifle Stunner: Perform a MELEE attack using one yellow and one green die. This attack gains STUN.

-->Protector: When a friendly figure is defending, and you are adjacent to the target space, apply +1Block to the defender's results.

Health: 12

Speed: 4

Defense: B

Attack: Ranged: GGY

concord-dawn_95_09c54f63.jpeg?region=0%2

Sabine Wren

Rebels

Hunter

Heavy Weapon

Cost: 9

+1evade () | ~+1 damage | ~Pierce 1 | ~pierce 1

--> Brutality: Perform two attacks. each of these attacks must target a different figure.

--> Thermal Detonator: Instead of attacking, choose a space within 3 spaces. Roll 1 red die. Each figure on or adjacent to the target space suffer damage equal to the results.

Nimble: After an attack targeting you is resolved, gain two movement points for each evade() result.

Health: 7

Speed: 5

Defense: W

Attack: Ranged GG

Edited by RogueLieutenant

I feel like Zeb needs something that reflects his signature head busting move, I think in a majority of engagements he hits two stormtroopers heads together. As well, the guy climbs directly up walls, so mobile wouldn't be farfetch'd either.

Yeah I was debating giving Zeb mobile or not.

Not sure how to make the head bashing work.

-->Bash Heads: If you are adjacent to two enemy figures, who are adjacent to each other. each of those figures suffers 1 damage and become stunned.

This feels like the 3rd time we've seen the same Rebels characters made...

He falls under the same character archetype as Chewie but he's more complacent about protecting and a lot faster on the move.

Sabine Wren

Rebels

Hunter

--> Brutality: Perform two attacks. each of these attacks must target a different figure.

--> Thermal Detonator: Instead of attacking, choose a space within 3 spaces. Roll 1 red die. Each figure on or adjacent to the target space suffer damage equal to the results.

Nimble: After an attack targeting you is resolved, gain two movement points for each evade() result.

If anyone deserves a Heavy Weapon trait...

Loving this design. Absolutely brutal in the middle of the fray, and she'll have to get real close to do anything. She'll probably due fast but do a lot of damage on the way out. She's a Doomshuttle :P

oh yeah. forgot about Heavy Weapon. I made her very weak on purpose, since everything else seemed super good.

Often on the show she's more of an engineer and gives cover fire than a brawler (although I'm not caught up on S2 yet, maybe she goes on an awesome rampage). If she gets a Campaign hero card, her deck should choose between those paths for sure.

a Rebels campaign would be cool, but I think all the campaign heroes we get will be original characters made up for the game.

Is Star Wars Rebels actually worth watching??? The stuff I've heard about it hasn't been that positive but I want to see what it is like.

Is Star Wars Rebels actually worth watching??? The stuff I've heard about it hasn't been that positive but I want to see what it is like.

Did you like The Clone Wars? If so, then yes.

If you didn't like TWC then the answer is probably.

It's new canon star wars, so for me it's a no brainer. So far it hasn't hit the lows TCW had, nor has it hit the amazing highs either. Pretty average. Interesting characters for the most part.

Lots of Legends content being appropriated into the show.

Worth watching if you can.

I will say at times it feels like The Clone Wars 2 with characters from that show popping up here and there, which, if you've seen TCW, is fantastic to have their stories continued, but I imagine for people who (for whatever reason) didn't watch TCW, those characters won't have the same emotional impact and might actually be confusing.

Sabine Wren

Rebels

Hunter

Heavy Weapon

I like this a lot just because of the idea of someone that can be pretty tanky but with weak health, although I haven't a clue who Sabine Wren is apart from the fact that

she is in Rebels. If I do have one fault that I can find it is the fact that every time she defends she is guaranteed at least 2 movements points due to the + evade.

Could you maybe change nimble to " For every additional evade rolled you can gain up to two movement points".

Although maybe she is just super agile in the series, I really don't know...

Sabine Wren

Rebels

Hunter

Heavy Weapon

I like this a lot just because of the idea of someone that can be pretty tanky but with weak health, although I haven't a clue who Sabine Wren is apart from the fact that

she is in Rebels. If I do have one fault that I can find it is the fact that every time she defends she is guaranteed at least 2 movements points due to the + evade.

Could you maybe change nimble to " For every additional evade rolled you can gain up to two movement points".

Although maybe she is just super agile in the series, I really don't know...

She is stupidly agile in the series to be honest. Figured that auto 2 movement was in line with what we see in the show.

It's new canon star wars, so for me it's a no brainer. So far it hasn't hit the lows TCW had, nor has it hit the amazing highs either. Pretty average. Interesting characters for the most part.

Lots of Legends content being appropriated into the show.

Worth watching if you can.

To be fair, it took until season 3 for TCW to hit its stride and season 4 to become amazing, after a mediocre to awful first two seasons. If Rebels follows the same pattern then they're on the path to greatness, considering that the first two seasons are pretty good. If those are the worst seasons, I can't wait to see what s3 and s4 bring to the table.

I will be surprised if Rebels lasts longer than 4 seasons. not that it'll be cancelled, but that they'll wrap it up and move on to a show that takes place between 6&7.

But i agree. if Rebels goes on the same trajectory of improvement that TCW had it'll get fantastic.

I figured I may as well cram a couple more into one post

I decided that the Rancor should only be available as an Elite figure.

Well, here goes nothing

databank_rancor_01_169_251b682f.jpeg?reg

Rancor

Creature-Brawler

Cost: 14

~ : 2 Damage | Reach

~ : Cleave 3 | Massive

Hunger:

Brutal Fury : If you have suffered 5 or more damage, you gain --> Brutality, perform two attacks. Each attack must target

a different figure.

Thick Hide : While defending, you may apply + 1 block to the defense results.

Slow to React : While defending, you must change an ( ) result to a + 1 block result.

Non Sentient:

Health: 15 Speed: 3 Defense : Black Attack (melee) Red,Red,Blue

ocd-star-wars-malakili-the-rancor-keeper

Beast Trainer

Guardian

Cost: 5

~ : Weaken

Shock Stick : --> Choose a friendly creature within 2 spaces. It may suffer 1 strain to perform a move. Then it becomes weakened.

Hard Master : When a friendly creature within 3 spaces declares an attack, it may suffer 1 damage to apply + 1 ~ to the attack results.

Mourning : After a friendly creature within 3 spaces is defeated, you become focused.

Health: 4 Speed : 4 Defense : White Attack : (Melee) Yellow, blue

EDIT. Changed Rancor and Rancor trainer.

Edited by Viperous

Your rancor isn't going to get many surges with 3 red dice. Also, theres only 2 red dice that come with the game. Since things like Weiss' assault only allow 2 dice of the same color, it seems intentional that we not have attacks consisting of 3 red dice (that is 9 possible damage... combined with your enragement that becomes 18(!!!) possible damage.) Change it to RedRedGreen.

Smash slam will hurt the rancor as it it currently worded.

Rancor needs massive keyword and reach. Consider replacing Bleed, stun with Reach, rancors have long arms. Replace the anti-surge with a black dice or a built in +1 block, Rancors probably aren't good dodgers anyways. Give the rancor 2 black dice for defense. Rancors probably don't play with their food and 3 surge options is alot for no yellow dice. Nerf Cleave 3 to cleave 2. Remove pierce 1. Increase threat cost to 14.

Replace Enragement with something like Fury if you want him to have a gimmick where he gets stronger when hurt. Enragement is too powerful and with hunger you can't escape the rancor easily. Enragement also makes the rancor feel too complicated.

Rancor trainer feels too complicated and far too niche'. Make him a Beast Trainer, allowing his abilities to work on any creatures, not just Rancors. That said all of his abilities besides Mourning are far too complex and narrow. Personally I'd totally remake him.

Your rancor isn't going to get many surges with 3 red dice. Also, theres only 2 red dice that come with the game. Since things like Weiss' assault only allow 2 dice of the same color, it seems intentional that we not have attacks consisting of 3 red dice (that is 9 possible damage... combined with your enragement that becomes 18(!!!) possible damage.) Change it to RedRedGreen.

Rancor needs massive keyword and reach. Consider replacing Bleed, stun with Reach, rancors have long arms. Replace the anti-surge with a black dice or a built in +1 block, Rancors probably aren't good dodgers anyways. Give the rancor 2 black dice for defense. Rancors probably don't play with their food and 3 surge options is alot for no yellow dice. Nerf Cleave 3 to cleave 2. Remove pierce 1. Increase threat cost to 14.

Replace Enragement with something like Fury if you want him to have a gimmick where he gets stronger when hurt. Enragement is too powerful and with hunger you can't escape the rancor easily. Enragement also makes the rancor feel too complicated.

Rancor trainer feels too complicated and far too niche'. Make him a Beast Trainer, allowing his abilities to work on any creatures, not just Rancors. That said all of his abilities besides Mourning are far too complex and narrow. Personally I'd totally remake him.

Agreed!The rancor needs "reach" instead of stun (obvious :rolleyes: ).And the beast trainer needs a TOTAL remake!

Edited by Sturmtruppen X1

Yes, but look at the elite wampa; that has only red dice but I find it works ok for me. Maybe a blue dice would be better than a green, but yes I will change that. ( As for the lack of a thrird dice in the core set, what about if a hero is focused with the EE-3 Carbine? Needs another green dice. I play Armada and you only get 3 of each color in the core set but the Mc-80 with Ackbar needs 7 red dice!!) I'll change the enragement, but I think fury isn't the right one. Just a personal view, mind.

Yes, that is pretty stupid, will change it!

No. I think it is too awkward to need another black dice, will think of something... I will replace the - ( ) with Reach,. Wait a sec!!! No no! That was the point! It is a minus 1 anti-surge, not a plus anti surge. It was to make the fact that Rancors aren't good evaders. The cost is too low, you are right. I like the cleave 3.

I'll think of something.

I'll have a go.

I have some others to post but I think I'll hold fire until I've checked them properly.

I hope these characters are a bit easier to understand...

Jawa (Regular)

Spy

Cost: 4

RF cost : 2

Number per group : 2

~ : Weaken | ~ : pierce 1 | minus 1 block | + 1 Accuracy

Covert : Hostile figures 4 or more spaces away from you cannot trace line of sight to you. You do not block line of sight for these figures

Hurried Repair: --> --> A friendly adjacent Droid or Vehicle may recover 5 damage. Then it becomes weakened.

Health 3 Speed 5 Defense Black Attack (Ranged) Yellow

Jawa (Elite)

Spy

RF cost : 3

~ : 1 Damage | ~ : pierce 2 | minus 1 block | + 2 Accuracy

Covert : Hostile figures 4 or more spaces away from you cannot trace line of sight to you. You do not block line of sight for these figures

Hurried Repair: --> --> A friendly adjacent Droid or Vehicle may recover 5 damage. Then it becomes weakened.

Tamper : --> You may choose an adjacent hostile Droid or Vehicle roll one yellow dice. If you roll 1 surge (~) the Droid or Vehicle suffers 1 damage and becomes stunned.

Health 4 Speed 5 Defense Black Attack (Ranged) Yellow

Edit. Changed Tamper and Hurried repair

Edited by Viperous

I hope these characters are a bit easier to understand...

Jawa (Regular)

Spy

Cost: 4

RF cost : 2

~ : Weaken | ~ : pierce 1 | minus 1 block | + 1 Accuracy

Hurried Repair: --> --> A friendly adjacent Droid or Vehicle may recover 4 damage. Then it becomes stunned and weakened.

Health 3 Speed 5 Defense Black Attack (Ranged) Yellow

Jawa (Elite)

Spy

RF cost : 3

~ : 1 Damage | ~ : pierce 2 | minus 1 block | + 2 Accuracy

Hurried Repair: --> --> A friendly adjacent Droid or Vehicle may recover 4 damage. Then it becomes stunned and weakened.

Tamper : --> You may choose an adjacent hostile Droid or Vehicle roll one yellow dice. If you roll 2 surges (~) the Droid or Vehicle suffers 1 damage and becomes stunned.

Health 4 Speed 5 Defense Black Attack (Ranged) Yellow

Tamper is under powered. Make it 2 dice and it might be worth using, but as is you're wasting an action on a1/6th chance to do one damage. Honestly, it should just happen, no chance involved.

Repair: If you're using 2 actions, there shouldn't be a condition cost. If you're using one action, just make it give Weakened. Vehicles already see so little play that their support needs to be great

Ig-90.jpg

IG-90

Merc

Droid

Hunter

Cost: 12

+1Block | ~2 Damage | ~Recover 3 | ~+2Acc

Relentless

Versatile Weaponry : When attacking you may force the defender to reroll one defense die.

Health: 10

Defense: B

Attack: BGY

I love IG-90. Don't know anything about him besides he's a red IG lol. Figured I could try make an IG figure that might be more useful than IG-88