Homebrew Characters Thread

By Rogue Dakotan, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Can he receive Hidden?

Discard command card from hand or from the deck at random?

Btw, that's not Cower. If you want to make it a different ability, come up with a different name for it.

oops. left out a couple words my bad. fixed it. Also re-worked his ability.

Edited by RogueLieutenant

I was going to say he's overpriced for 4 health and a single Y for attack, but man, he has a 44% chance to dodge when he's next to an ally. No one will want to target him :lol:

Maybe Jar Jar should command a heyblibber.

Imperials need some close combat units. And no the Royal Guards don't count since 1) regular royal guards shouldn't even exist 2) they would be far too busy protecting the highest of priority of objectives.

Therefore, I propose the Flame Trooper. A unit that the Empire can use to block/push choke points and to flush out Rebel scum.

Flame Trooper

Empire

Trooper

8 deployment cost

2 Units

4 Reinforcement cost

+2 Accuracy

-: Blast 1 l -: +2 Damage

Blast Armor: This figure takes 1 less damage from Blast effects, to a minimum of 0.

Napalm: After attacking, if the target is damaged, move that figure 1 space away from the attacker.

Health: 8

Speed: 3

Defense: B

Attack: ranged RR

Elite Flame Trooper

Empire

Trooper

10 deployment cost

2 Units

5 Reinforcement cost

+1 Block I +2 Accuracy

-: Blast 2 l -: +2 Damage

Blast Armor: This figure takes 1 less damage from Blast effects, to a minimum of 0.

Napalm: After attacking, if the target is damaged, move that figure 1 space away from the attacker.

Health: 10

Attack: ranged RR

IG-86AssassinDroid_CN.png

IG Assassin Droid

Mercenary

Droid

Hunter

Cost 9

Units: 2

+2 Acc. | +Block | ~Pierce 2

Versatile Weaponry: When attacking, you may force the defender to reroll one defense die.

Relentless: When you declare an attack targeting a figure within 3 spaces, that figure suffers 1 STRAIN.

Health: 6

Speed: 5

Attack Ranged GG

Elite IG Assassin Droids

Mercenary

Hunter, Droid

Cost 13

+2 Acc. | +Block | ~+1 damage | ~+1damage

Versatile Weaponry: When attacking, you may force the defender to reroll one defense die.

Relentless: When you declare an attack targeting a figure within 3 spaces, that figure suffers 1 STRAIN.

Arsenal: Your attack pool consists of any combination of 2 attack dice.

Health: 8
Speed: 5
Attack Ranged ??

Gungan Trooper - Rebellion

Trooper
Brawler

Cost 7

| ~stun | ~weakness

Unblockable - Defenders roll 1 less defense dice when being attacked by this unit. [Edited] Disruption- Defenders get - 1 evade anti surge to their defense when being attacked by this unit and lose any positive buffs.

Nimble - After an attack targeting you is resolved, gain 2 movement points for each Anti surge you rolled.

Speed: 4
Defense: W
Attack Ranged GB

Went for a team of harassment units. Designed to not do alot of damage but capable of limiting weaker units and even some major units.

372px-Gungan_warrior.jpg

Edited by EpicBubbleSA

Unlockable seems a little op. With an average of 2-3 damage and no blocks these guys will rip through enemies like a hot knife through butter!

Also, "anti-surges" are called Evades. Might make your descriptions easier to write (- 1 anti-surge is a little confusing!) :)

If I were to make Gungans I wouldn't make them as powerful as Royal Guards. It is sad how Stormtroopers, who were supposed to be elite infantry have become nothing but the worst kind of serial-television disposable mooks. I never liked the battle on Naboo, because it was George admittedly was trying to re-enact War and Peace. That being said the Gungans relied on their shield generators to bring an enemy in close so they could basically hurl AOE devices at them. If I were going to duplicate them I would make them shield bearing grenadiers who benefit from staying close to each other. Something like this

I'm not very good assessing cost, but it would be 3 units.

Trooper

Probably 4 health. (I think 7 is a bit much for an individual Gungan)

4 speed.

+1 block (represents the shield) ; ~ +1 evade (represents their dexterity); ~ +1 accuracy; ~ +1 (damage)

Abilities:

I would go with Sentinel ability from the Royal Guard. Since they have a hand held deflector shield.

Booma : roll a normal attack. If the result equals 1 or more (damage) then roll 1 green die. Each figure adjacent to that figure suffers 1 (damage) for each (damage) and 1 (strain) for each (surge). Droid characters are sunned. Cannot move after attacking.

Attack: YY

Edited by Rikalonius

With YY for attack and only one ~+1 accuracy, they're almost melee units.

I wanted it to stay around 3-4 spaces, just like Bossk's indiscriminate fire, or a grenade.

Pilf_Mukmuk_Switch-1-.png

Kowakian Lizard Monkey

COMPANION

not sure how he'd be put into play.

Scum only

~Bleed

Distracting

Health 1

speed 4

Defense W

Attack: Yellow

I wanted it to stay around 3-4 spaces, just like Bossk's indiscriminate fire, or a grenade.

They have a 36% chance to do no damage at 3 range, and a 72% chance at 4 range. And that's vs no defense dice. I don't think you'd ever attack with them at that range unless they were focused; even then they can miss vs no defense at 3 and 4 range. Maybe give them GY, or a base +2 Accuracy?

imperial_commando_remake_2_smaller_by_sp

Imperial Commando

Empire

Trooper, Spy

Cost 8/reinforcement 4

Figures: 2

~+1Damage | ~2 Acc.| ~Hide

Squad Training

Versatile Weaponry

Attack Ranged: GG

Elite Imperial Commando

Empire
Trooper, Spy

Cost 11/reinforcement 4

Figures: 2

+ Evade | ~+1Damage | ~2 Acc. | ~Focus

Squad Training

Versatile Weaponry

~Cover Fire: Choose a friendly figure within 3 spaces. That figure becomes hidden.

Health: 9
Attack Ranged: GG

battlefrontemperor.jpg

Ok I tried making good ol' Sheev once before, but I figured I'd give it another go. Some of this is inspired from how he plays in battlefront.

Darth Sidious

Empire

Force User, Leader

Cost: 18

+Evade | + Evade | ~Stun | ~Weaken

-->Inspired Presence: Choose a friendly deployment card. All figures of that card become focused.

-->Force Leap: Place your figure in an empty space within 5 spaces.

Foresight

Health: 5

Speed: 2

Defense: WW

Attack: Ranged (lightning) GY

Interesting, I like it. He doesn't seem powerful enough to justify his cost, even with his longevity. What about intrinsic Blast 2, reflecting how hard it is to control the lightning? :)

EDIT I guess I hadn't absorbed the two negative conditions there. That's pretty powerful.

Edited by ibsh

Hmm. I agree that a cost of 18 seems way too high. Yes, if you try to attack him he has a good chance to just dodge everything, but he only has 5 health so direct damage abilities are going to take him down quickly anyway. And he doesn't really do much during his activation, so you will probably just ignore him and focus on the objectives or other targets. Compare him to Chewbacca - and Chebacca doesn't even see play.

I think he needs some kind of action economy or ability to affect multiple units to justify that price. All of the other high-cost figures have it: Weiss has the global 2-figure move, Vader and RGC have brutality, Chewie has the Defender thing, etc. None of them are very popular anyway, but at least they somewhat make up for being a single-activation group.

I do like the idea of him having Force Lightning, so I think the Stun and Weaken is a good idea. Though maybe you could make it a non-attack ability? Like the Force Lightning command card? That would be super powerful and might justify a higher cost.

You could also make him more of a manipulator, like Murne, because he tries to manipulate Luke to join the dark side. Heck, you could just give him the powers from the "Lure of the Dark Side" and "Force Lightning" command cards (though that would be a little silly, since they are already command cards).

Oh wait - what if you did this:

"--> Sith Lord: Search your Command deck and draw a card with the Force User trait, then shuffle your Command deck."

"--> Master Manipulator: Choose a player. Look at the top two cards of that player's command deck. Put them back on the top or bottom of the command deck in any order."

You'd have to rework his base stats and cost though if you gave him these abilities.

Those are good ideas. I was just working of how he is in battlefront. He has so many possibilities he's hard to do while still making him feel incredibly powerful.

His focus ability could also focus multiple units on the board at once. I really hope we get an official Palpy because I'm so curious how the professionals would design him. There's so many different facets to him they could go in a lot of directions.

Yeah, I haven't played Battlefront so I don't know anything about what he's like in that.

I like the idea of focusing multiple units too - makes sense for the leader of the whole Empire to have more powerful leading abilities than regular officers and generals :)

Then again, he is mostly a political leader, so maybe field leadership shouldn't be his strong suit... I agree though, it'll be cool to see what FFG does if they ever release him.

In battlefront he waddles around and fries rebels to death with lightning. He can deflect/absorb incoming laser fire with his lightning hands.

He has 3 abilities.

• He drops powerups for stormtroopers
  • He has chain lightning: more powerful than his default attack. strings along multiple soldiers
  • He has a dash (like what he does in ROTS to close the gap. Little corkscrew move)

His focus ability could also focus multiple units on the board at once.

What if it were to allow to chose a deployment card and all figures that correspond to it become focused?

His focus ability could also focus multiple units on the board at once.

What if it were to allow to chose a deployment card and all figures that correspond to it become focused?

I love it. Updated my post.

jabbas_palace_ccg6_full.jpg

Trying a spin on one of my favorite cards from SWCCG. I've imagined his expanded back story to be he is one of the Jawas that sold the droids to Owen Lars. After they set out, he realizes Owen over-paid by two credits. Being an honest trader, he sets out on a small speeder to return the credits only to get to the ruins of the Lars farm as the Imperials are leaving.

Frightened, he heads back to the Sandcrawler (unknowingly passing Luke as Luke himself is headed back to the farm). He arrives as Obi Wan and C-3PO are beginning to assemble the funeral pyre for his fallen family and friends. Obi-wan explains the course of actions that have set these tragic events in motion. R'kik grabs some supplies from the smoldering sandcrawler and despondently heads out into the Dune Sea, with those two credits jingling in his pocket.

The above flavor text from the card occurs. R'kik becomes a legend around the many small towns and farms near the Dune Sea. He opposes Imperial forces when he can, using his unassuming nature and natural guile to strike and slip back into the silent Tattooine nights.

Years later, R'kik hears mention of smoke rising from the wise old man's former hovel. R'kik goes out and finds Luke in Obi-wan's home, crafting his new lightsaber. Recognizing Luke from the fateful day, R'kik pulls out the worn two credits that he tried to return all those years ago which he kept, thinking them a good luck charm as they caused his escape from the Imperial massacre. Luke, smiling, takes them from the Jawa, tosses them gingerly in the air and catches them with little thought. He then returns them to R'kik and, looking around Obi-wan's home, simply says, "In our experience, there's no such thing as luck. Please keep them anyway as a reminder of why we must always rise above the wrongs that are done to us."

R'kik D'nek

Rebel

Hunter, Spy

Cost: 3

+1 ac, +1 <evade>

<surge> Stun

<surge> Weaken

<surge> Pierce 2, Hide

<surge> Scavenger: Choose 1 Command Card with a cost of 0 in your discard pile and shuffle it into your Command deck.

Lucky: While defending, if you roll a blank result, add +1 <dodge> to the defense results.

Health: 5

Defense: White

Attack: <ranged> Green, Yellow

Never done this before so any feedback is greatly appreciated. :)

EDIT: switched out +1 <surge> for +1 <evade>

Edited by FSD

R'kik looks pretty neat! I like the scavenger ability. It's thematic and useful!

Seems pretty balanced - he's got powerful surge abilities, but low range, damage, and mobility.

Not sure about the +1 surge though. His surge abilities are super strong, and he already rolls a lot of surges. Might be a bit overbearing. Though he is really slow, so maybe not. Maybe give him 4 HP and + 1 evade instead of the +1 surge, because he's slippery?