the-wynkahthu-job-13_bab5c99f.jpeg?regio

Imperial Sentry Droid

Empire

Trooper Droid

Figures Per Group: 2

Regular

Cost: 6

Reinforcement Cost: 3

pic2477003.png +1 mb_32913_0.png +1 Acc. | pic2477003.png Pierce 1 +1Acc.

Emplacement Mode : During your activation, if you do not exit your space, you may perform multiple attacks.

Alert : When a figure in this group is defeated, ready this group's deployment card.

Health: 5

Speed: 3

Defense: B

Attack: GG

Elite

Cost: 8

Reinforcement Cost: 4

pic2477003.png +2 mb_32913_0.png +1Acc. | pic2477003.png Pierce 1 Weaken | +1 Acc.

Emplacement Mode: During your activation, if you do not exit your space, you may perform multiple attacks.

Targeting Computer: When attacking you may reroll one attack die.

Alert: When a figure in this group is defeated, ready this group's deployment card.

Health: 8

Speed: 3

Defense: B

Attack: GG

Lobot

Rebel? Scum? Hard to say...

5 points

~Weaken | ~Hide | ~Pierce 1 | ~+1Damage

-->Overload: If you are adjacent to a terminal, choose a terminal. Each figure adjacent to the target terminal suffers 2 strain.

-->Info Slice: If you are adjacent to a terminal, draw two command cards. Shuffle one back into your deck.

-->Inform: Choose an adjacent friendly figure. That figure becomes focused.

Health: 6

Speed: 4

Defense: W

Attack: Ranged YB

Recently I was talking with a friend how having a Lobot character would be great. Our design came out slightly different but has some similarities. The goal was to keep him as a leader of troopers, keep him with the wing guards, and let him be brought along with Lando. The 3 cost might be one point too cheap, but the imperials would need to pay a 1 point tax to get him.

Lobot (Scum)

3 Points

(Droid / Spy)

~+1 damage , ~ Heal 1, ~Weaken, ~+1 pierce

-->Order Trooper: Give 1 small Trooper within 2 spaces movement equal to their speed.

-->Trooper Ambush: Give 1 small Trooper within 2 spaces a hidden condition

Loyal: If Lando Calrissian is in your Army, you may include Lobot in your army.

Health: 5

Speed: 4

Defense: black

Attack: Blue/Green

giphy.gif

Chirrut Imwe

Cost 7

Rebel

Brawler

Reach | ~Stun | ~+1damage/Focus | +Evade

-->Brutality: Perform two attacks. Each attack must have a different target.

Will of The Force: After Performing an attack that deals no damage, immediately perform another attack against the same target. Apply +Evade to the defense results. Limit once per round.

Health: 9

Speed 5:

Attack: Melee GY

I've got a good feeling that we'll see an official version of Chirrut eventually, but I felt like adding to this thread again, and Chirrut is the character I'm most excited for in RO.

After Seeing the movie, and Chirrut becoming my favorite character from the movie (besides Chopper) I've decided to have another go at this one.

Chirrut Imwe

Rebel

Brawler

Cost 7

Reach | ~Stun | ~+1damage | +Evade

I'm one with the force : When defending against a ranged attack, apply -3 accuracy.

The Force is with me: When you declare an attack, you may remove one die from your attack pool. After this attack resolves, you may perform another attack. You may not attack the same target more than once in a round.

Speed 5:

The second ability would let him chain as many attacks as there are enemies around him, though with a much weaker attack. Essentially he'd be great at slapping stormtroopers around.

He was awesome in the movie, one of the best parts.

I've been trying to think of better ways to improve the Wave 1 and 2 Heroes that isn't just a lazy price decrease. Here are my first two efforts:

Dark Side Acolyte

0 points

Attachment

Royal Guard Champion only

You gain the Force User trait.

+5 health.

Your name changes to "•Carnor Jax" (as it should have been from the beginning).

Royal Guard Champion is tied for highest speed stat in the game, a great attack pool, up to 3 attacks per round (4 with his command card), a decent defense pool, and decent traits. However, he doesn't see play. Why not? Because despite all his impressive stats, he just doesn't have the health to hang out in the thick of battle, and is vulnerable to Harmful Conditions. FFG already dealt with the conditions with the addition of unshakeable, so I'll leave that alone in my fixes. By adding onto his health, his survivability increases to the point where you'll get the opportunity to attack enough times to get your 15 points worth from the awesome Carnor Jax.

Overclocked

IG-88 Only

Attachment

0 Points

At the start of your activation you may exhaust this card to gain 4 movement points.

Add a yellow die to your attack pool.

You may equip another attachment.

Iggy has a seriously dissociative set of abilities. It is my job to square the circle to make Assault (which encourages staying in place) and Relentless (which wants you moving up into the midst of the enemy) work together. A free move allows Iggy to activate both of his abilities in his activation much of the time.

The yellow die helps with Iggy's other issues: firepower and survivability. The primary reason Iggy is not worth his points is that he only rolls 2 dice for TWELVE POINTS. Adding another die ups Iggy's offense and gives a high chance at surges (no matter the other dice chosen) to activate his Recover 3 or add 2 damage.

Finally, I'm respecting the modular nature of his Droid chassis by allowing additional upgrades like Targeting Computer, Explosive Armaments, and Prey on the Weak (which turns Iggy's prohibitive cost into an asset, what with there being so few figures above the 12 point line).

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

The Force is with me: When you declare an attack, you may remove one die from your attack pool. After this attack resolves, you may perform another attack. You may not attack the same target more than once in a round.

Speed 5:

The second ability would let him chain as many attacks as there are enemies around him, though with a much weaker attack. Essentially he'd be great at slapping stormtroopers around.

I really really like that ability, and it seems to fit well with the developers efforts to try to allow the heroes easier ways to pick off enemies that only have a few health left without spending 1 action apiece.

I think, if I may, I might adjust it just a little bit to something like this, emphasis on my changes: When you declare an attack, you may remove one die from your attack pool. After this attack resolves, if you dealt at least one damage , you may perform another attack. You may not attack the same target more than once in a round when using this ability .

That way, Chirrut could use a normal attack if he wants, and he'd have to actuall deal damage to continue the chain (thus making it just a little more difficult to use this ability to its full potential (especially against heartier targets.

I also might add "Lightbow Strike"- Action: If you have not moved this turn, perform a ranged attack using one red die and one die of your choice. That attack gains Blast1.

I also might add "Lightbow Strike"- Action: If you have not moved this turn, perform a ranged attack using one red die and one die of your choice. That attack gains Blast1.

I would probably make that a RB attack with a double action trigger for simplicity's sake.

Hello, my old friend Fenn. I really believed in you. I even brought you to Nationals 2015. I just wish you were better...

Rebel Elite

Attachment

Fenn Signis only.

Your figure loses all ~ abilities and gains +2 Health, ~:+2 damage, and ~:+3 Acc.

When attacking, you may exhaust this card to add Blast 2 to the results.

My goal with Fenn was to bring him more in line with what I imagine the designers wanted for his Skirmish card: a hard hitting leader of men who can hand out a beating. He has great dice but his surges are "meh". By improving his surges and giving him a free Blast 2 (but only on one of his potential 2 attacks), as well as a small health boost, Fenn becomes a much scarier piece on the field. This combined with the addition of powerful Trooper units in his faction who could benefit from attacking twice (eEchoes and Rangers, I'm looking at you), we could see the master of battle back on the board.

I really wish Biv was better in Skirmish (and in campaign, but that's a different project).

Trophy Armor

0 points

Attachment

Biv Bodrhik only.

+5 health.

Exhaust this card when defending to reroll 1 defense die.

This one is just stealing a campaign class card. Biv only having 8 health was a crime, even when he has a decent defensive ability built in. Having good offense already as well, I think Biv just needs a boost in survivability to start seeing play.

Expertise

Attachment

0 points

Mak Eshka'rey only

+1 speed

Once during your activation, you may perform an interact without spending an action.

While the rest of my upgrades so far have focused on increasing my subject's firepower or survivability, Mak is already well served for his points in these departments IMO. Therefore, I aim to improve his abilities to go after objectives. By increasing his speed and allowing a free interact, Mak can work in his team's rear lines, taking objectives and popping off the occasional shot where necessary.

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

Regenerative Hunter

Elite Skirmish Upgrade (2 per army)

Attachment

0 points

Trandoshan Hunter only

+1 Health

At the end of each round, each figure in this group may Recover 2 or discard all harmful conditions.

The good old fashioned Trandoshan Hunter needs a facelift. Each turn, the Hunters choose which half of Bossk's regeneration abilities they wish to apply to themselves. This, combined with the +1 health per unit, makes the rTrandos and eTrandos competitive with their nearest rivals: eTusken for the regular and eGammorean for the elite. I hope.

Thanks for the advice I appreciate it I'll look for ways to change them in the future I kinda based her off of the clone wars because there was a few episodes around her and Young Boba trying to kill Mace Windu for revenge for his father she was the one in charge for that i also made her than because I wanted her to be a person who could be a powerful leader and support kinda like the other 2

I've been trying to think of better ways to improve the Wave 1 and 2 Heroes that isn't just a lazy price decrease.

Me too. I think the biggest barrier to getting more people interested in Skirmish is that you HAVE to have the Core box and you can't really make a competitive list with it. (I don't expect one should be able to make a Top-16 At Regionals competitive list, but at least one that can hold it's own when playing at your local store/tourneys.)

Some folks think the solution is to reduce point costs. There was a really good survey over on reddit that identified overcost cards and potential adjustments to cost. That post inspired me to go in a direction similar to ThatJakeGuy: rebuilding those cards to make them worth their cost.

My first draft of my deployment card fixes are on Google Docs . Take a look and let me know what y'all think.

Has the Ghost crew been mentioned? We have the Inquisitor and that is good! Now, along with Rogue One could we have Spectre 1-5 please? Pretty please?

I need to see Rogue One at least once more before I'm confident to make homebrew.

Has the Ghost crew been mentioned? We have the Inquisitor and that is good! Now, along with Rogue One could we have Spectre 1-5 please? Pretty please?

I think I did Chopper, Zeb, Sabine, and Ezra in earlier pages in this thread.

I have been conceptualizing some cards but am too shy to post. I want to share what I have in mind for a worthy Darth Sidious so here goes nothing...

Deployment Card:
15 •Darth Sidious
Force User, Leader

⚡: Focus | ⚡: +2D
⚡: Pierce 3 | ⚡: +2D

⚡⚡Rogue Lightning: After your attack resolves, deal 3(dmg) to a hostile figure in your line of sight. This ability can be triggered multiples times in the same attack.

Anger: While attacking, you may convert 1(Dmg) into 1⚡. Limit once per attack.

Impenetrable: Apply +1○ while defending if you are Focused.

I can sense your fear: When a hostile figure is defeated, you may apply Weaken to 1 other hostile figure of your choice.
Health: 16 | Speed: 4 | Defense: B |Range Attack: BGYY

Command Card:

3 Unlimited Power

Use at the start of your activation to gain the following:

• While attacking during your activation, when you use Anger, ignore the limits of that ability.
  • Perform an attack without using an action. Limit once per round.

This thread is great!
In part I have used things that I have seen somewhere on the internet. Also, I have read all the comics with him and I absolutely love this character!
He is suppoused to be average in combat, sneaky and hard to kill: but for certain price.
Is there any idea how to boost (and conversely) his Karmic Luck ability to be more in keeping with comics? Any ideas about his command card?
Also Im working on Jarael. =)
Sorry for my English.

Snímání-1.jpg

Edited by afdasdfasfdasdfa
Added text (I was sleepy yesterday). =)

I have made some changes to Zayne towards his usefulness.

Zayne Carrick:

average combatant, hard to kill. Any ideas on his Karmic Luck ability?

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byn1s6u3A2Khd1EzUC1JOF9VMVk

Yoda:

I really liked few ideas from google doc (see above; all credits to Cladkbar), but I understand him slightly different.

He is small, sort of weak (therefore only 5 HP) but he is also difficult to hit (two whites and luck: I just want him to be pain in the "you know").

He blooms in fights (Lightsaber dash reminds me his swift attacks from ep. III): I dont think, he deliveres hard punches: he is more precis (included pierce 3), he can change style of combat (yellow and green dice => good surges).

Force grip represents really well his connection with force.

And he is everlasting teacher and morale support for everyone, so Force Ghost may work as a team support (through focusing others - because other skills are limited due the one action limitation).

Command card: I was thinking about more actions per activation, small team heal, focusing all force users, giving someone force user trait, permanently giving someone yellow dice to his attack pool (as a result of his teaching).

I dont think he should be OP character at all: I see him more like wisdom oriented character -> so maybe good support..ok, maybe OP cool cuddly support, whom never actually leaves the board. =D

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byn1s6u3A2KhMVNjNmdDczZITDQ

Jarael:

I´m little bit struggling with her. I liked her in the comics as supportive guardian like character, which is irresistible for others (Zayne, Malak, etc.). But she was great fighter at the same time and I feel that her character should hold only one function (guardian x brawler) - so I made her as a full time guardian (protector if you like, because of her name meaning) for the others, because I think this is her true nature (she helped Camper and stayed with him, the same with Carrick - she just needs to be useful).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byn1s6u3A2KhOVJqZElLem1XNFE

Qui-Gon Jinn

Good all around character: strength connection with force and very good fighting skills -> reliant self buff character with slightly weaker defense side of his set. Like in movies, he can easily chain his attacks with force attacks or vice versa.

I thought about Mind trick on him, first I came only with slightly improved Murne Rin´s False orders, but then I tweaked it to more straight forward aggresive approach.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byn1s6u3A2KhTWVKSU5jazB5WnM

Quinlan Vos

Well.. 2 or 3 dice attacks? It was a tough decision, but I wanted to ilustrate his unconvencial combat style and rage with his kick ability (so 3 die attack and posibly way more damage then he would have with 3 die attack). Additionaly two attacks per round (on different) targets makes him solid DPS choice.

He´s used to work undercover (spy trait) and without beeing spoted (Force stealth) and he is a bit loner so he starts elsewhere then everyone else.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Byn1s6u3A2KhYno3UjB4bTdtcjA

I appreciate some feedback :

- do have characters too much skills?

- how about point cost of figures?

- any ideas for better skills?

- command cards?

This thread is great!

I came here looking for a homebrewed IG-86, and there are a couple entries to mull over. Thanks!

I would also like to see a generic protocol droid and a generic astromech. I guess they would be slightly lesser versions (or maybe just a little bit different versions) of C-3PO and R2-D2. Anyone have anything like that you'd like to share and/or create?

Yoda's two white dice + a re-roll is pretty strong...

Although he's only five health, so will die to unavoidable damage pretty quickly.

Also, when in his force ghost mode; how does scoring for him work? Can he be removed somehow? How exactly would he work?

Edited by Majushi
12 hours ago, Majushi said:

Yoda's two white dice + a re-roll is pretty strong...

Although he's only five health, so will die to unavoidable damage pretty quickly.

Also, when in his force ghost mode; how does scoring for him work? Can he be removed somehow? How exactly would he work?

I believe, that some characters will have a big problems with him (mostly non-unique or low cost characters I guess - but they should, because it´´´ s thematic), but IA is a game with lot of a reroll/remove dice mechanic or you can also do plenty od unavoidable damage (Choke, Force Lightning, Davith´ s dash through figures, etc.), so he won´t be invincible at all.

Force Ghost - I will remove this skill propably, because it´´ s really powerfull adition to his skillset (but I want to utilize it somehow through his command card in future). Anyway idea behind this skill is to score points for his defeat as usuall (so you will have him on board, but points were added to your rival).

Also you can check out Imperial Assault thread on Reddit, where are these characters discussed more in detail.