Homebrew Characters Thread

By Rogue Dakotan, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

Rancor mercenary
brawler

surge=2 damage surge=stun,weaken surge=pierce 2
Massive Reach

action Roar: each figure within 2 spaces suffers 2 damage and becomes stunned.

Hard to miss:while defending apply minus 2 blocks to the defence result.

Non-sentient: you cannot interact.

Heath 24
speed 2
defence 1 black
attack RGG

it needs some tinkering but hey!! :)

Edited by Mearsclusterblast

Black dice is more of a soaking damage then it is a dodging. So I think Rancors can soak a good bit of hits.

R'kik looks pretty neat! I like the scavenger ability. It's thematic and useful!

Seems pretty balanced - he's got powerful surge abilities, but low range, damage, and mobility.

Not sure about the +1 surge though. His surge abilities are super strong, and he already rolls a lot of surges. Might be a bit overbearing. Though he is really slow, so maybe not. Maybe give him 4 HP and + 1 evade instead of the +1 surge, because he's slippery?

You are probably right. I used R2 as a template but with R'kik having green/yellow he's going to produce more surges than R2 so the guaranteed surge is likely too much. Changing that out for +1 <evade> is a great idea.

I'm still on the fence about Pierce 2. I do not want him to be a big damage dealer but he has to get damage to stick to use his surges. I'm wondering if dropping his dice to yellow/yellow and upping him to +2 accuracy might be a better idea.

Edited by FSD

I think Pierce 2 is probably fine; against normal defenses he'll only do 1-2 damage on average, and if he's spending a surge on the pierce it's one less surge he can spend on attacks. Even with the +1 Acc, he's pretty unreliable when it comes to Accuracy, so you can afford to give him a little more power on his attack I think.

I think Pierce 2 is probably fine; against normal defenses he'll only do 1-2 damage on average, and if he's spending a surge on the pierce it's one less surge he can spend on attacks. Even with the +1 Acc, he's pretty unreliable when it comes to Accuracy, so you can afford to give him a little more power on his attack I think.

Is it wrong that I want to give him a power that allows him to use Jundland Terror? :lol:

Is it wrong that I want to give him a power that allows him to use Jundland Terror? :lol:

Haha that'd be funny. The "Desert Dweller" power or something. :D

Utinni!: R'kik D'nec can be the target of Jundland Terror . :lol:

Edited by FSD

4966860-star+wars+(2015-)+009-000.jpg

Sana Starros

Rebel

Smuggler

Cost 6

+1 Acc. | ~+1 damage | ~Focus

Cunning: When defending add one Block result for each Evade result.

Finisher : After you perform an attack that defeated an enemy, you may interrupt to perform an attack. Limit once per round.

Health: 8

Speed: 5

Defense: W

Attack: Ranged R G

Edited by RogueLieutenant

Garindan_SWGTCG-AoD.jpg

Garindan

Empire

Spy

Cost 3

+ Evade | ~Hide

Stealthy: At the start of each mission, become hidden.

--> Informant: Choose one hostile figure in your line of sight. Until the end of the round that figure has -1Block.

Covert: Hostile figures 4 or more spaces away from you do not have line of sight to you. You do no block line of sight for those figures.

Health: 5

Attack: Ranged YG

I think both of these two are a little overcosted by modern unique standards.

I think both of these two are a little overcosted by modern unique standards.

You're overcosted!

jk.

I edited them.

Mr_Bones.jpg

Mr. Bones

Faction is hard to say. Should be Rebel, but could also easily be Mercenary.

Droid

Guardian

Cost 5

Bleed |~Pierce 2 | ~ +1 Damage | ~Cleave

Advantageous: When attacking a figure that has a harmful condition, apply +~ to the results.

Protector: While a friendly figure is defending, and you are adjacent to the targeted space, apply +1Block to the defense results. Limit 1 "Protector" ability used per attack.

Health: 8

Speed: 4

Defense: B

Attack: Melee RY

Inspired by this thread , though these might have been done in this topic already...

B1 Battle Droid

Mercenary

Droid

Cost 5, Reinforce 2

3 Figures

~ +1 Damage | ~ +1 Accuracy

Basic Programming: The figures in the group do not activate as normal. Instead, at this start of this group's activation, each figure in this group may perform a move. Then each figure in this group may perform an Attack or Interact.

Mass-Produced: Apply -1 block to your defense results.

Health: 3

Attack: Ranged BG

Elite B1 Battle Droid

Mercenary

Droid

Cost 7, Reinforce 2

3 Figures

~ +1 Damage | ~ +1 Accuracy | ~ +1 Damage

Advanced Programming: The figures in the group do not activate as normal. Instead, at this start of this group's activation, each figure in this group may perform a Move, Attack, or Interact. Then each figure in this group may perform a Move, Attack, or Interact. Each figure in this group may only attack once per activation of this group.

Mass-Produced: Apply -1 block to your defense results.

Health: 5

Edited by Stompburger

Here, two versions of a figure for an expansion that will never exist. Still fun to imagine and come up with stuff.

For Reference : I have never played skirmish mode. I haven't been keeping up with FFG's changes to how some of the special abilities work. Based on the bit of campaign I've managed to get a group together for, this is my first rendition of how I would imagine this character playing out in either mode.

$_35.JPG

General Grievous, Supreme Commander

Leader

Cyborg

Cost: 14

~ +2 damage I ~Focus I ~Pierce 1

-> Executive Order

Droid Commander : Executive Order can be used on any friendly Droid figure within line of sight.

~ Military Efficiency (for Skirmish). OR ~ Squad Command (Campaign)

Health: 14

Defense: BW

Attack (Ranged): BR

wotc-star-wars-minis-clone-wars-general-

General Grievous, Jedi Hunter

Leader

Brawler

Cyborg

Cost: 14

~ +2 damage I ~ Focus I ~ Pierce 3

-> Brutality

Jedi Hunter : Attacks targeting a Force User gain +1 damage and +1 surge cancellation.

Hunt Them Down : When you activate, if there is an enemy Force User within line of sight, you may gain 3 movement points. These points can only be used to move closer to an enemy Force User.

Health: 14

Defense: BB

Attack (Melee): YGBR

giphy.gif

Chirrut Imwe

Cost 7

Rebel

Brawler

Reach | ~Stun | ~+1damage/Focus | +Evade

-->Brutality: Perform two attacks. Each attack must have a different target.

Will of The Force: After Performing an attack that deals no damage, immediately perform another attack against the same target. Apply +Evade to the defense results. Limit once per round.

Health: 9

Speed 5:

Attack: Melee GY

I've got a good feeling that we'll see an official version of Chirrut eventually, but I felt like adding to this thread again, and Chirrut is the character I'm most excited for in RO.

Seventh_Sister.jpg

The Seventh Sister

Empire

Force User

Hunter

Cost 8

~Hide/Weaken | ~Pierce 3 | ~Cleave 2

-->Brutality: Perform two attacks. Each attack must have a different target.

~Deadly: Apply -1Dodge to the defense results.

~~Seeker Droids: Choose a hostile figure within 4 spaces. That figure suffers one strain OR you may look at your opponent's hand of command cards.

Health: 10

Attack: RYY

strangers-in-the-night-sw_cd5063d1.jpeg

Fifth Brother

Cost 8

Empire

Force User

Hunter

~Stun | ~Pierce 3 | ~Cleave 2

-->Charge: Move a number of spaces up to your speed. Then you may perform an attack.

~Deadlly: Apply -1Dodge to the defense results.

Fury: If you have suffered at least 5 Damage, apply +1Evade and +1 Surge to your attack and defense results.

Health: 13

Attack: RGY

842041homecomingepisodegallery63193dba93

Cham Syndulla

Rebel

Leader

Cost 5

~Focus/Bleed | ~Pierce 2

Inspiring : When a friendly figure within 3 spaces is attacking it may reroll one die.

--> Guerilla Tactics : Choose an adjacent friendly figure. That figure may interrupt to perform an attack, then that figure gains 2 movement points.

Health: 6

numa-1_017a295f.jpeg

Numa

Rebel

Trooper

Cost 5

~+1D/+2 Acc | ~Pierce 2/Hide

Opportunistic: When declaring an attack against a figure in a Ready group, apply +2 Acc and +1D to the attack.

Defensive : When defending if you did not roll a block result, apply +1 block .

Health: 7

Attack: GG

Anyone made cards or rules for Imperial Commandos?

ix%20commandos_s.jpg Imperial_Commandos_03.jpg

I did Republic Commandos , but they're the named guys.

Here's my attempt at generics:

501st_Commandos.jpg

Imperial Commandos

Empire

Figures in Group: 2

Trooper, Spy

Cost: 10

Reinforcement Cost: 4

+ Evade | ~+2 Damage | + 1 Acc

-->Coordinated Raid

Squad Training

Attack: Ranged GB

Elites

Cost: 13
Reinforcement Cost: 5

+ Evade + Block | ~+2 Damage | + 1 Acc | ~Focus

-->Coordinated Raid

Squad Training

Modular Weaponry : When you declare an attack, choose one of the following to apply to the attack: Pierce 1, +3 Acc, Blast 2, Recover 1 .

I did Republic Commandos , but they're the named guys.

Here's my attempt at generics:

501st_Commandos.jpg

Imperial Commandos

Empire

Figures in Group: 2

Trooper, Spy

Cost: 10

Reinforcement Cost: 4

+ Evade | ~+2 Damage | + 1 Acc

-->Coordinated Raid

Squad Training

Elites

Cost: 13

Reinforcement Cost: 5

+ Evade + Block | ~+2 Damage | + 1 Acc | ~Focus

-->Coordinated Raid

Squad Training

Modular Weaponry : When you declare an attack, choose one of the following to apply to the attack: Pierce 1, +3 Acc, Blast 2, Recover 1 .

Cost 13 with Reinforcement cost 5? Shouldn't it be 6?

Okay, here's my attempt at a hero. I was thinking it'd be cool to have a martial artist who doesn't use weapons in the game, and I tried to make his abilities have a pretty clear offense/defense duality at most levels.

Abilities might be totally overpowered/underpowered/poorly-costed/uninteresting so feedback is appreciated!

Martial Artist (unnamed)

Ability 1: Unarmed Strike: → : Move up to one space, then perform a melee attack using your Insight pool. You may use Unarmed Strike more than once per activation.

Ability 2: Balanced: While defending, you may convert 1 Block result to one Evade result or one Evade result to one Block result. (Lost when wounded)

Ability 3: Monk’s Vow: You may not equip Weapon cards.

Attributes: (Wounded)
HP: 12
END: 5 (4)
SPEED: 4 (3)

DEF: W

STR: BG ( BR )
INS: GY ( GB )
TECH: B ( R )

Class Cards:
0XP: Roundhouse Kick: 1 Strain - Exhaust this card when you declare an melee attack. The attack gains Reach and ~ +1 Damage | ~ Weaken
1XP: Commanding Presence: 2 Strain - Exhaust this card to test INS. For each success, you may push a small figure within 3 spaces 1 space.
1XP: Iron Defense: While defending, if you do not roll a Block, add 1 Block to the defense results.
“Come on, hit me!”
2XP: High Ground: While attacking, if the defender is in a space containing difficult terrain or you are in a space containing a Crate or Terminal, apply +1 Damage to the attack results. The attack gains ~ Stun.
2XP: Worth Fighting For: Exhaust this card when a friendly figure in your line of sight is defeated. You recover 2 Strain.
“We must continue to fight!”
3XP: Inspiring Confidence: +2 Health | Whenever you rest, choose up to two friendly figures within 2 spaces who have suffered at least 1 Strain. Each of those figures recovers 1 Strain.
“Do not let fear cloud your mind.”
3XP, 800 Credits: Ancient Texts: Equipment: At the start of each round, choose one attack die. Add that die to your Insight pool during this round. When you use Unarmed Strike, the attack gains ~ +2 Damage
“The art of unarmed combat has old - and well-guarded - secrets.”
4XP: Flurry of Blows: 2 Strain → Perform 4 melee attacks, each using your STR pool. Each attack gains Pierce 1 | ~ +1 Damage.
4XP: Blinding Speed: Apply +1 Speed to your hero. Deplete this card while defending to apply +1 dodge to the defense results. After the attack resolves, gain 4 movement points and become Hidden.
“The best way to block an attack is to simply not be there.”
Reward: Bagh Naka: Equipment: When you declare an attack, apply Pierce 1 to the attack results. Exhaust this card while defending to apply +1 block to the defense results.
“A vicious set of claws useful for both attack and defense.”

Edited by Stompburger

normal_26.jpg

Jodo Kast v2

Time for a second attempt at this character. My first attempt was pretty boring and not thematic with the character. I think this version is a bit more thematic. Kast paraded around as Boba Fett, until Fett found out and put him down. So this version of Kast is good against little guys, but once the big players show up he can't do as much. He's a chump who can do work until he get's put in his place.

Jodo Kast
Mercenary
Hunter
Cost: 6

+Block | Mobile | ~Weaken | ~Pierce 1

→ Opportunistic: When attacking a figure with a figure cost of 5 or less, apply +~ to the attack results.

Imposter: At the start of each mission, choose one enemy group. Until that group deals damage to you, you may use that group's surge abilities.

Attack: GB

Alternatively, the Imposter ability could read like this:

At the start of each mission, choose one enemy group. If you have suffered 3 or fewer damage, you may use that group's surge abilities.