By Rogue Dakotan, in Star Wars: Imperial Assault

IG-90

Merc

Droid

Hunter

Cost: 12

+1Block | ~2 Damage | ~Recover 3 | ~+2Acc

Relentless

Versatile Weaponry : When attacking you may force the defender to reroll one defense die.

Health: 10

Speed: 5

Defense: B

Attack: BGY

I love IG-90. Don't know anything about him besides he's a red IG lol. Figured I could try make an IG figure that might be more useful than IG-88

I like the idea but with assault, arsenal (even if IG-90 has one more dice) and +2 accuracy automatically for the same price I think I'd still go for IG-88

(Although I love the addition of versatile weaponry, something I wish IG had got).

http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/f/fc/Showdown_at_Circumtore.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120407185647

(Unfortunately it wouldn't let me post a picture of him so I put in a link for the page)

D'harhan

Hunter-Heavy Weapon-Mercenary

Cost 13

~ 2 damage | + 1 Block | ~ + 3 accuracy | ~ ~ Blast 2

Aim : If you have not exited your space during this activation, apply + 1 damage and + 2 accuracy to the attack results.

Awkward: You cannot attack adjacent figures

Assault : You can perform multiple attacks per activation.

Health 12 Speed 4 Defense Black Attack (Ranged) Red,Blue,Green

I figured he might be a better alternative to an e-web engineer

Edit. That stupid link, arrghhh! Fixing it.

Edited Edit. Still hasn't worked.

Edit Edit Edit. I hate this thing.

Edit Edit Edit Edit . Fixed it! Man, that took longer than it needed to.

Edited by Viperous

Is Star Wars Rebels actually worth watching??? The stuff I've heard about it hasn't been that positive but I want to see what it is like.

Did you like The Clone Wars? If so, then yes.

If you didn't like TWC then the answer is probably.

It's new canon star wars, so for me it's a no brainer. So far it hasn't hit the lows TCW had, nor has it hit the amazing highs either. Pretty average. Interesting characters for the most part.

Lots of Legends content being appropriated into the show.

Worth watching if you can.

I don't care for it, and I liked most of Clone Wars. It stared losing me when Darth Maul came back. Rebels dials back Clone Wars intelligence, and further smashes the lore into dust by including an epic barge-ton of force users that completely make Obi Wan and Grand Moff Tarkin's statements about Jedi in Episode IV foolish sounding.

The animation is a big step down from Clone Wars. The use of canned art assets and low production value, intermixed with kiddie humor (juxtaposed with Clone Wars humor that can be appreciated by adults as well) really make it difficult to enjoy. To pile on, playing to the worse possible depiction of Stormtroopers, so that they can become the dumb mooks to the Clone Wars' "roger, roger" battle droids, is very frustrating to me. Chopper is about as intelleroble as Zero the Hutt's nephew "stinky" in the original Clone Wars movie. That's my take on it. I will say season 2 got a little better.

Edited by Rikalonius

After I saw that energy sling shot I didn't even bother watching Rebels.

Course I didn't care for the Clone Wars either... the cartoon version was much better.

After I saw that energy sling shot I didn't even bother watching Rebels.

Course I didn't care for the Clone Wars either... the cartoon version was much better.

I meet so few people who familiar with the Samurai Jack Clone Wars cartoon. Yes, it was over the top in many ways, but it was far more endearing. It felt more like the pair where really becoming friends, not like the forced friendship of the films. Anakin's fight with Asajj Ventress was something to behold at the time.

Love the Genndy clone wars. Lucky I managed to find them cheap on DVD a while back

Kallus_shoots_in_the_Senate.png

Agent Kallus

Empire

Leader

Brawler

Cost: 8

~Focus | ~+1Damage | ~2Acc

--> Advance and Fire: Choose one friendly figure within 3 spaces. That figure gains two movement points. Then, that figure may perform one RANGED attack.

-->Bo-Rifle Stunner: Perform a MELEE attack using one yellow and one green die. This attack gains STUN.

Health: 8

Speed: 4

Defense: B

Attack: GG

Edited by RogueLieutenant

I feel like the attack triggered by "Move and Fire" should only be a ranged attack, or else I think that his cost should be greater.

I do like the ability though, it feels like the revised "order" and "executive order" rolled into one, but more powerful. I'd choose this guy over Sorin.

Is he from the Rebels Tv series? I really must get on and start watching that.

I feel like the attack triggered by "Move and Fire" should only be a ranged attack, or else I think that his cost should be greater.

I do like the ability though, it feels like the revised "order" and "executive order" rolled into one, but more powerful. I'd choose this guy over Sorin.

Is he from the Rebels Tv series? I really must get on and start watching that.

Yes he is from Rebels .

He says "Advance and Fire" to some stormtroopers in an episode so I figured i'd be a good ability for him. true it should only be for ranged attacks.

He looks pretty cool! So he would have killed one of the main guys in the series had Ezra not intervened!

Unfortunate :lol:

Edited by Viperous

That Kallus is really awesome, except that Advance and Fire should read:

--> Advance and Fire: Choose one friendly figure within 3 spaces. That figure gains two movement points. Then, that figure may perform one RANGED attack.

This wording removes ambiguity as to whether you move or shoot first.

On a tangent, idk why Zeb takes the Bo'Rifle so seriously. It really looks like the Lasat just took Clone DC-15s and tied cattle prods to the ends. Cool design, but not worth getting worked up over.

On a tangent, idk why Zeb takes the Bo'Rifle so seriously. It really looks like the Lasat just took Clone DC-15s and tied cattle prods to the ends. Cool design, but not worth getting worked up over.

Have you seen Legends of the Lasat yet? That thing is pretty elaborate. :\

That's the next episode for me. I need to get onto the computer to see it though and I haven't had an opportunity to do so lately

That's the next episode for me. I need to get onto the computer to see it though and I haven't had an opportunity to do so lately

Also I think he might be a bit worked up over the fact that this is a special weapon used by his people, and Kallus was instrumental in the genocide of his people and uses one of their weapons as a slap in the face.

I'll be making a few hero units from the Darth Bane novels, my favorite EU material

4626227-7481077586-35186.jpg

•Darth Bane

Last of the Sith

Force User-Brawler

Imperial, 17 points

+Block, ~:+2 Damage, ~: Pierce 1, Bleed

Life Drain: Whenever a figure within 2 spaces is wounded, withdrawn, or defeated, you may recover 1 damage or discard a Harmful condition.

Strength From Pain: After an attack targeting you is resolved, if you suffered 2 or more damage, it becomes Focused.

-> Charge: You may move a number of spaces equal to your speed and then perform an attack.

Health: 14

Defense: BB

Attack: RRG

Command Card:

Force Storm

Darth Bane

3 points

->: Roll a green die. Each figure within 2 spaces of you suffers damage equal to the damage results and becomes stunned.

Darth Bane is a terrifying master of close quarters battle, able to pump out insane amounts of damage to single targets. You want this man as close to the action as possible, as his massive defense and ability to regenerate when nearby figures die make him hard to kill while he decimates opponents. He is not able to kill Swarms as well as Vader, but nobody can focus down a single target as effectively.

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

I'll be making a few hero units from the Darth Bane novels, my favorite Star Wars novels.

4626227-7481077586-35186.jpg

•Darth Bane

Last of the Sith

Force User-Brawler

Imperial, 17 points

+Block, ~:+2 Damage, ~: Pierce 1, Bleed

Life Drain: Whenever a figure within 2 spaces is wounded, withdrawn, or defeated, you may recover 1 damage or discard a Harmful condition.

Strength From Pain: After an attack targeting you is resolved, if you suffered 2 or more damage, it becomes Focused.

-> Charge: You may move a number of spaces equal to your speed and then perform an attack.

Health: 14

Defense: BB

Attack: RRG

Command Card:

Force Storm

Darth Bane

3 points

->: Roll a green die. Each figure within 2 spaces of you suffers damage equal to the damage results and becomes stunned.

Darth Bane is a terrifying master of close quarters battle, able to pump out insane amounts of damage to single targets. You want this man as close to the action as possible, as his massive defense and ability to regenerate when nearby figures die make him hard to kill while he decimates opponents. He is not able to kill Swarms as well as Vader, but nobody can focus down a single target as effectively.

I don't like having a figure this expensive that does nothing except kill one target at a time. Without brutality or a mechanic like it a skirmish opponent can nearly always just ignore him making two of his three abilities irrelevant.

4626949-9208557227-45988.jpg

Campaign:

•Darth Zannah

Sith Sorceress

Force User- Spy

Imperial, 10 points

~Pierce 2;~Focus,Weaken;~+1 damage;+1 damage

Cunning: when defending, add a block result for each Evade result.

Soresu: When defending, apply -2 accuracy to the attack results. When an attack targeting you deals no damage, deal 2 damage to the attacker

->Horrific Illusions: Choose a figure in line of sight to test 2[eye]. If that figure fails, that figure suffers 2 strain and becomes stunned.

Health 9

Speed 6

Defense BW

Attack RYY melee

Skirmish:

•Darth Zannah

Sith Sorceress

Force User- Spy

Imperial, 10 points

~Pierce 2;~Focus,Weaken;~+1 damage;+1 damage

Cunning: when defending, add a block result for each Evade result.

Soresu: When defending, apply -2 accuracy to the attack results. When an attack targeting you deals no damage, deal 2 damage to the attacker

->Horrific Illusion: Choose a figure within line of sight. Your opponent may discard a command card [edit: at random]. If they do not do so, the chosen figure suffers 2 strain and becomes stunned.

Health 9

Speed 6

Defense BW

Attack RYY melee

Command Card:

Overwhelming Fear

Darth Zannah

2 points

->: Choose a figure within 3 spaces. That figure performs an attack against itself. You choose what, if any, of the figure's abilities to apply to the attack.

Zannah is a much more controlling and defensive figure. Lacking the raw damage output of her Master, Zannah is even more defensive and applies conditions like nobody's business.

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

I don't like having a figure this expensive that does nothing except kill one target at a time. Without brutality or a mechanic like it a skirmish opponent can nearly always just ignore him making two of his three abilities irrelevant.

I specifically designed this card to shore up Vader's main weakness: mobility while making him worse at dealing with chumps (how often does Brutality actually happen against competent opponents anyway?). With Charge and Life Drain, Bane thrives in the middle of a melee (since his ability does not discriminate, you can pair him with weaker units and mob the opponent, healing ask the while). If your opponent ignores Bane, you can move and charge to keep killing units. If your opponent focuses him, you Focus and Heal enough to give your opponent a hell of a fight

f6f32801c35559671ef6dbf425ca-lady-githan

Githany

Sith Acolyte

Force User - Brawler - Spy

Reach, Cleave 2, ~Weaken, ~+2 Damage

->Brutality

Seductress: When defending against a non-unique figure, apply -1 damage to the results.

Cunning

Health 9

Speed 5

Defense W

Attack GGY

Command card:

Poison

Githany

1 point

-> Choose an adjacent enemy figure. That figure suffers 2 damage and becomes Bleeding and Stunned.

Githany kills Swarms. Full Stop. Cleave and Brutality with Reach gives her a massive 15 square threat area where she can pump massive damage to single defense die figures.

I'm a firm supporter of scum needing support. However, I think it needs to be a different kind of support then rebel or imperial, in the hope of keeping this game diverse.

Here's my idea:
tumblr_o3s9pxfyRo1r12qrqo2_400.png

tumblr_o3s9pxfyRo1r12qrqo1_400.png

Kowakain Monkey Lizard
Companion Creature

Distracting: While a friendly figure is defending, and you are adjacent to the targeted space, apply +1 to the defense results.

Health 2
Speed 5
Defense -
Attack -

Edited by CheapCreep

tumblr_o3sl7aHQnX1r12qrqo2_400.png

tumblr_o3sl7aHQnX1r12qrqo1_400.png

I think Merc lists are cool and often share types. I want to reward a type specific list with these support figures, making a strong synergy in Mercenaries of the same ilk.

Edited by CheapCreep

Inspired by discussion on another thread I'm going to start posting KOTOR characters (fun though I'd be wildly surprised if they made KOTOR content).

Bastila Shan:

15 points

Leader, Force User, Brawler

+1 block

S: Cleave 2

S: Recover 2

S: Pierce 3

Foresight

Battle Meditation: While a figure within 3 spaces of you is attacking you may force it to re-roll 1 attack dice.

Health: 13

Defense: W

Attack: RGY

Battle Meditation is obviously going to make Bastila a tuned up version of Luke.

I've been mulling the idea of an Imperial 'hero' team that the Imperial player could use during a campaign. The basic idea is that the Imperial Player could deploy a squad that somewhat mimics/resembles a basic team the Rebel players would compose. However this squad would have to be weaker than the Rebel players of course, since the Imperial Player would most likely still have other normal figures on the board like storm troopers etc. Therefore their power would be at the equivalent of Tier 1 heroes, despite showing up mid to late campaign. For those familiar with Star Fox 64, think of this as Imperial Assault's version of Star Wolf. (And before you ask, Storm Commandos are in the 'new canon'.)

(Unique) Storm Commando - Squad Leader Threat cost: 14

http://i.imgur.com/3nBoBXn.jpg (just imagine his armor is black.)

Trooper / Leader

-: +2 Accuracy l -: +1 damage, Weaken

-: Focus

Commando Leader: When this figure is deployed,

place the Storm Commando Sniper, Infiltrator, and

Saboteur in adjacent spaces.

-> Tactical Maneuvering: Choose another friendly

figure in your line of sight. That figure gains

2 movement points or becomes focused.

6 Health 4 Speed B Defense BG Ranged

Storm Commando - Sniper

http://i.imgur.com/JIm8Nfe.jpg

Trooper / Spy

-: +1 Damage l -: Pierce 2

Priority Target: Figures do not block line of sight

for your attacks.

-> -> Focus Fire: Perform 2 attacks targetting

the same figure.

5 Health 4 Speed B Defense BB Ranged

Storm Commando - Infiltrator

http://i.imgur.com/TgEnfFf.jpg

Trooper / Brawler

+1 Anti Surge l -: +1 damage, Pierce 1

-: Bleed

- Fighting Knife: After this attack resolves, perform

an additional melee attack using 1 red die. Apply

+1 damage to that attack's results. Limit once per

round.

Efficient Travel: You ignore additional movement

point costs for difficult terrain and hostile figures.

6 Health 6 Speed B Defense BG Ranged

Storm Commando - Saboteur

http://i.imgur.com/wsQN9gC.jpg

Trooper / Heavy Weapons

-: +2 Accuracy l -: +2 Damage

-> Frag Grenade: Choose a space within 3 spaces.

Roll 1 red die. Each figure on or adjacent to that

space suffers Damage equal to the Damage results.

6 Health 3 Speed B Defense BR Ranged

Edited by patrickmahan

Inspired by discussion on another thread I'm going to start posting KOTOR characters (fun though I'd be wildly surprised if they made KOTOR content).

Mind if I join you?

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/0/01/Young_Canderous_Ordo.JPG/revision/latest?cb=20060604131728

•Canderous Ordo

Mandalorian Warrior

Hunter-Brawler-Heavy Weapon

Mercenary, 9 points

+Block, ~:Pierce 2, ~:+1 Damage

Mandalorian Instincts: At the beginning of your activation, gain one movement point for every adjacent hostile figure, to a maximum of three.

Assault

Tough: This figure cannot become stunned

Health 12

Speed 4

Defense B

Attack: Ranged BGR

Canderous is a much more selfish version of Fenn, getting into position and then gunning things down until he dies

Edited by ThatJakeGuy

I think Canderous is slightly overtuned, compared to an elite E-web you're spending 1 point (and weakening your surges) to have not just proper but good mobility, tough, 5 more health and a green die rather than a yellow (also I'd suggest he have recover because of his implants).

(Attempt #2 at Mara Jade now that we have the hidden mechanic and villians are being made with cheaper threat costs.)

Mara Jade - Emperor's Hand

Empire

Spy

Force User

Brawler

10 deployment cost

3Rvo5jg.jpg

+1 Block l -: Recover 2

-: Hide l -: +2 Damage

Strike from the Shadows: Whenever this figure declares a melee attack and is Hidden, it gains Pierce 3.

-> Blaster: Perform a ranged attack using 1 blue and 1 yellow die. This attack gains +1 Accuracy.

-> Force Dash: This figure gains 8 movement points and mobile until the end of it's activation.

Health: 10

Speed: 4

Defense: W

Attack: melee RGY

Edited by patrickmahan