Home-made Delta Squad for Clone Wars mod?

By hismhs, in Imperial Assault Skirmish

Hi all,

The pupils at my school play Imperial Assault skirmish as a Clone Wars variant, using the old WotC Clone Wars figs as stand-ins (Imps become Seps, Rebels become Republic and Scum ... remain Scum!). I'd really like to devise four skirmish deployment cards to represent the guys of Delta Squad, from the Republic Commando video game: Boss, Fixer, Scorch and Sev . If each were created to be worth exactly 10 points, that would make 40 points in total (destiny??).

Some of this is simple. Boss (sergeant) and Fixer (corporal) could have 'Leader' as one classification, and perhaps Sev should have Brawler (I seem to remember that he was borderline psycho who esp. relished hand-to-hand combat). I'm not sure whether each man's general classification ought to be Spy or Trooper, however. Which would suit them best, in terms of the command cards available to each class?

And does anyone have any suggestions for which surge abilities and special actions it would be appropriate to port over from other characters? i.e., I quite like the idea of R2's scomp link for Fixer (renamed 'slicer', perhaps?). And as Sev's primary role was as a sniper, what about Mak's priority target?

Any other suggestions, folks, before I plough on?

Thanks for any observations.

Cheers,

Matt

Also posted at BGG:

https://boardgamegeek.com/article/21508996#21508996

Edited by hismhs

Possibly you could take a lot from Boba, seeing as they come from the same baseline in a lot of ways.

around 10 health. 4 - 5 speed. Free block and evade.

Probably all trooper so they get access to those sweet cards, then a sub-group for each to make them different?

Boss - Leader
Fixer - Hardest to say, might be the only just trooper?
Scorch - Heavy weapons
Sev - Brawler

It'd be funny to see Sev as a long range fighter with Brawler counterattack like abilities. Practically a sniper that you would want to get close to to take down but would also mess you up when adjacent.

I would almost just make Fixer a brawler.

Sev doesn't strike me as a brawler as much since he loved his sniper rifle so much.

Boss would probably have the Executive Order ability from the elite imperial officer. And possibly also Inspiring (seen on Luke's card.)

maxresdefault.jpg

Here's my go at it:

Boss

Republic

Leader

Trooper

Commando

Cost: 10

+Evade + Block | ~pierce 2 | ~ 2 Damage

--> Executive Order

Inspiring

Health: 12

Speed 4

Defense: B

Attack: ranged B G

Fixer:

Republic

Trooper

Commando

Cost 10

+Evade + Block | ~pierce 2 | ~ wewaken

--> Commando Armor: You and each friendly adjacent Trooper may recover 1 Damage AND remove one harmful condition.

Clanker Killer: At the start of your activation, if there are at least 2 enemy droids within 3 spaces of you, become focused.

Health: 10

Speed: 4

Attack: Ranged: G B

Scorch

Republic

Trooper

Commando

Heavy Weapons

Cost 10

+Evade +Block | ~Blast 2 | ~Focus | +2 Accuracy

--> Thermal Detonator : Instead of attacking, choose one space within 3 spaces. Roll one red die. each figure adjacent to the target space suffers damage equal to the die result.

Distracting

Attack: Ranged: R Y

Sev

Republic

Trooper

Commando

Brawler

+Evade + Block | ~Pierce 3 | ~+1 Damage

Pinpoint Aim : If you have not exited your space this activation, apply +2 damage and + 3 accuracy to your attack results.

--> Vibro-Knife : Perform a MELEE attack using one Yellow and one Green die. This attack gains Bleed.

Priority Target

Attack: Ranged: BB

Well I went back on my idea that Sev shouldn't be a brawler. :P

That's the best I could do off the top of my head.

Shoutout to the Homebrew thread.

Edited by RogueLieutenant

The thing is, nobody can play a squad of 4 unique characters and do well. I'd cost them each at around 6-7pts as they are right now...then they could see some play.

Interesting idea for Sev with Pinpoint Aim. He can hit at long range for decent damage, which is necessary for a sniper.

Many thanks, RogueLieutenant, for your input. Much of what you suggested is quite similar to what I was intending.

To emulate in some way the Bacta-healing ability of the video game characters, I rather like the idea of giving one of the guys MDH-19's →Medical Loadout special action. Perhaps Fixer , along with R2's →Scomp Link (renamed 'Slicer') ?

As the joker in the pack, whose wise-cracks were a key element of his character in the video game, I might give Scorch Luke's 'Inspiring' special ability (any friendly figure within 3 spaces may re-roll one dice when attacking).

I also like the idea of porting over Verena Talos's →Close Combat/Fighting Knife special action to Sev (renamed 'Vibro Blade') - or possibly Biv's →Up Close and Personal , instead?

I also like the idea of giving Sev Loku's →→Set Your Sights and Mon Cala Special Forces abilities.

Will work on this now.

Cheers,

Matt

Edited by hismhs