MacrossVF1s corner of paint and plasticard

By MacrossVF1, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

5 hours ago, weisguy119 said:

As the client, I can confirm this to be false. It’s beautiful but I’m just not THAT into inanimate objects.

;)

On 7/15/2018 at 4:53 AM, CyCo said:

;)

Mmm those engines look like they could be hiding something....now that you think about it.

Awesome work in here MacrossVF1!

I did a quick look through the thread, but couldn't find this info. Can you tell me what color paints you used in your Admiral Zaarin repaints?

As usual it's been a long time since I last posted anything. I suppose the projects I do nowadays are getting more and more time consuming which means less posts as well as several that are not Star Wars related so I can't really post it here.

Anyway I'm back with another Wayfarer. Enjoy!

xC2KeWd.jpg

3PS1AW8.jpg

9Z4A4T2.jpg

This looks awesome.

Love that Paint job on it, especially the scratches on the hull.

Perfect!!

So, whatcha going to build next??

;)

Good to see your still building ken, I have taken a break for a while.....but still good to pop in and see what everyone is doing. Looking Fantastic as always.

Well done old Chum.

All the best,

Barry.

On 11/7/2018 at 3:05 PM, CyCo said:

Perfect!!

So, whatcha going to build next??

;)

It will most likely be a large scale conversion, though of which ship I'm not telling quite yet...

Here's a forgotten project. Now I have to preface this by making **** sure that everyone knows the following; I did NOT build/mod the engines and middle mounted cockpit. Those were already there when I was asked to work on the model. Unfortunately I don't know who did the initial work.

My task was to further mod the ship and repaint it. The intent was to build a ship with a sleek appearance, and give the impression of a craft capable of high speed. To that end, many details were removed, particularly along the middle/'waist' of the ship. The paint job might look like it was inspired by the Solo-movie but it was actually decided upon before the movie was a thing.

5yZDDMB.jpg

9REOyUe.jpg

htqkYvf.jpg

xEIYP71.jpg

What am I doing now? Destroying a Corvette for fun? Well kinda. I've been asked to convert a Tantive IV into a Farstar and that required some advanced 'surgery'.

GmhyKlq.jpg

Lre3ACQ.jpg

Some early steps.

KUZdNE3.jpg

The inner structure is starting to appear.

883747b.jpg

With the inner structure in place, the outer shell is much easier to build, though still fairly complicated, primarily due to the protruding docking port.

PtcPohf.jpg

The rest of the outer structure has been added and details are starting to appear. You might notice that the gun barrels are broken. This is almost deliberate as the **** things break with almost ridiculous ease. When the first one inevitably snapped, I removed all the others and will replace them with better ones later.

xW3oHA8.jpg

Started working on some docking ports and as you can see they are designed so that X-wing ships can physically dock with the hangar.

mvnK5Av.jpg

q9CkDBw.jpg

And pretty much done. Now for the painting part.

nXX8p0K.jpg

1zAaRF8.jpg

VdIAg0A.jpg

YO7XpnR.jpg

Has anyone asked to you build some of Fractalsponge's smaller Imperial ships? I saw some pics on Pinterest of the Fulgor and Vigil and thought "hey, that looks like his work...."

On 2/14/2019 at 7:44 PM, BenderIsGreat said:

Has anyone asked to you build some of Fractalsponge's smaller Imperial ships? I saw some pics on Pinterest of the Fulgor and Vigil and thought "hey, that looks like his work...."

No requests so far, though I suspect I should be happy about that. Any model Fractalsponge produce is freakishly well detailed and would likely be a nightmare to do justice.

And done! The light levels are unfortunately inconsistent since my setup just isn't suited to ships of this size.

D5K0uOE.jpg

KUIwNVW.jpg

FIl6DXq.jpg

ouwX1VX.jpg

x1BBDuL.jpg

very nice!!

Why didn’t you put far star in aurebesh?

anyway the finish is great.

12 hours ago, Decan Mabu said:

Why didn’t you put far star in aurebesh? 

Simply because it would have been a headache. I found the logo online and used Photoshop to separate it into two waterslide decals. One for the star and circle pattern and another for the text. With the first decal applied I had to manually paint in the colours since I don't have a colour printer. Then I could apply the second decal, the text, on top of the first one.

So you can see, the procedure was already complex to begin with, I didn't want the extra hassle of doing Aurebesh as well. Also, the logo is supposed to be on the other side of the bridge, but since there are details in the way it had to be moved.

Edited by MacrossVF1

that’s a hard job, anyway I Had prepared several decals and pinup girls for this purpose, I think doing that won’t be a big problem, before I put the decal (as I do not have a trully decal printer what I do is make two decals of the design I like to make I deploy the first one and dry then with a Hair dryer, so this one is hard attached to the surface, second I cover it with a slightly core of white ( quite acuous one) and then pt the secon decal over it, for this the design should be more vivid and won’t loose color, for making it also more colorful what I do is apply again the hair dryer.

The process is not so hard and get very good results as you can see here on a Pez Mani on my hammerhead corvette

D4343A46-DD1D-4B0C-B0C9-6F562DB8E7A8_zps

4FBE5E60-AADD-48C1-A5F0-CCAD8CA97DE6_zps

Edited by Decan Mabu

Back with two ships. Another Hera A-wing and a new one; Saesee Tiin's Aethersprite!

4S8BwNJ.jpg

WBUXYwd.jpg

4FA6Rvm.jpg

wnGWGZL.jpg

f6y0lq9.jpg

Missed you, man.