MacrossVF1s corner of paint and plasticard

By MacrossVF1, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Usually you see Lego making models of established ships, but never the reverse! LOL

Amazing work, as usual. :)

On 3/7/2018 at 8:42 PM, Celestial Lizards said:

How so?

That's.... a discussion for another time.

Interesting note: James Urbaniak was the voice for the villainous MO-C droid, so it was like Rowan was being pursued by Rusty Venture the whole time

On 3/20/2018 at 6:54 PM, BenderIsGreat said:

That's.... a discussion for another time.

Interesting note: James Urbaniak was the voice for the villainous MO-C droid, so it was like Rowan was being pursued by Rusty Venture the whole time

Are you sure you posted that in the correct thread? :P

23 hours ago, MacrossVF1 said:

Are you sure you posted that in the correct thread? :P

Everything is connected. I swear. :P

And here's my contribution to those still wishing for an X-wing ground wars game. 25 speeders and 6 walkers. Now I haven't really painted the walkers. They are originally a strange winter themed Hallmark Christmas ornament/collector piece. As such I really only needed to repaint/cover the patches of snow/white to make the model more neutral. I've also straightened the necks and the front left leg.

eipJyXB.jpg

4Qpu5kM.jpg

m4mIbrD.jpg

ryMDLUc.jpg

0rovW43.jpg

nDD0Tgm.jpg

5Bm4XyV.jpg

CjX3gjH.jpg

NzQ8gaX.jpg

5 hours ago, MacrossVF1 said:

And here's my contribution to those still wishing for an X-wing ground wars game. 25 speeders and 6 walkers.

Awesome - now what are the odds on finding AT-ST's in the same scale...?

On 10/14/2015 at 11:48 AM, MacrossVF1 said:

A YV-666 I call the 'Dune Rider'. It's based on the same colours as sand crawlers as just about everyone I meet (who haven't seen the YV-666 previously) keep calling the ship a sand crawler. Originally it was also supposed to have a bunch of Star Wars inspired graffiti on it but the transparent decal paper I use didn't agree with the dark background. Only one decal survived, as can be seen in the last picture. I do believe I will paint a Z-95 in the same colours as this ship, so I have a 'Nashtah pup' equivalent.

uc?export=download&id=1U7mZZmozSvB0ZqfHR

uc?export=download&id=1EL8BDQxKiS5XW_QHZ

uc?export=download&id=1WeDqngtQLIQERgYgK

Did you actually paint the two "Mating" AT_ATs or was that done with a fine tip pen?

On 4/23/2018 at 6:05 AM, Aurianna De'Chardains said:

Did you actually paint the two "Mating" AT_ATs or was that done with a fine tip pen?

Neither actually, I cheated by printing a water slide decal.

6 hours ago, MacrossVF1 said:

Neither actually, I cheated by printing a water slide decal.

I loved that detail. It seemed like everyone missed that nice touch to your awesome repaint!

On 4/21/2018 at 5:31 PM, ABXY said:

Awesome - now what are the odds on finding AT-ST's in the same scale...?

Other than Micro Machines (1/225ish), these 1/144 scale Bandai kits are probably as close as you can get unless there is someone 3D printing them. I grabbed a couple a while back, and the detail is quite nice.

Edited by PoeticEdda
57 minutes ago, PoeticEdda said:

Other than Micro Machines (1/225ish), these 1/144 scale Bandai kits are probably as close as you can get unless there is someone 3D printing them. I grabbed a couple a while back, and the detail is quite nice.

I've purchased both of these over a year ago, the models are very nice. I still haven't gotten around to painting them...

3D Printed AT-ST on Shapeways

3D Printed AT-AT on Shapeways

On 4/27/2018 at 3:21 PM, ZealuxMyr said:

I still haven't gotten around to painting them  ... 

Haha, that seems to be the way it goes. At least they'll be there for a rainy day!

I was going to get to them, but then Legion...

Hello Ken.

Nice to see your still busy producing beautiful pieces still !

Hope all is well.

All the best,

Barry.

I know you said you weren’t redoing all of the old links, but any chance of getting a repost of some of the X-Wings? (Looking most for your Macross inspired stuff).

On 5/7/2018 at 6:14 PM, emsgoof said:

I know you said you weren’t redoing all of the old links, but any chance of getting a repost of some of the X-Wings? (Looking most for your Macross inspired stuff).

Didn't I redo those links? I can't remember. Anyway here's a link to them.

Also, while I know it's not completely X-wing related, here's a link to some ARMDs I built last year.

@MacrossVF1 , do you do this as a full-time career, or is this still a hobby for you? I look at the limited time that I have and have been wondering how you do that level of detail - its really a high level of craftsmanship! If you don't do this as a full time profession, I'm convinced you have a time machine (haha).

You know what time it is? Arquitens time!

This is the third Arquitens that I've built. It's similar to the first one in that it represents a later Arquitens, as it looks in Imperial Service. Of course I've improved and refined the design quite a bit. Also, the Armada Arquitens has helped me quite a lot. Despite the small size, having an official scale model at hand allows for a far more accurate scratch build.

As is always the case with a large model like this, the pictures are below my usual standard. No matter what I do I can't fit an epic sized ship inside my photo setup. Instead I have to improvise using other methods. After I had taken the photos I noticed that I had twisted the engine array upside down. Not a huge problem since I hadn't glued them into place at that time.

IQF12hO.jpg

PtTqIH6.jpg

qrjkxe8.jpg

So this is what you been up to. Keep it up

I've heard that his client has been using it as a sex toy. Can't blame them though, that is so dang sexy!!!

:wub: :D

Im still waiting for one of them to arrive in the mail....

peeking_skeleton_still_waiting_meme1.jpg

18 hours ago, CyCo said:

I've heard that his client has been using it as a sex toy. Can't blame them though, that is so dang sexy!!!

:wub: :D

As the client, I can confirm this to be false. It’s beautiful but I’m just not THAT into inanimate objects.