MacrossVF1s corner of paint and plasticard

By MacrossVF1, in X-Wing Painting and Modification

Your N'Dru is a amazingly detailed! Wow!

10 hours ago, MacrossVF1 said:

A few more ships. I think this is the fifth Kath Scarlet I've painted and Firesprays in general does remain a very popular ship. The C-roc however is new to me and it's been painted to resemble the great fat slug himself.

UfgsMKf.jpg

Would be hilarious if someone modded this guy to open up the mouth at the front and have the Hutt tongue come out the front.

16 hours ago, MacrossVF1 said:

A few more ships. I think this is the fifth Kath Scarlet I've painted and Firesprays in general does remain a very popular ship. The C-roc however is new to me and it's been painted to resemble the great fat slug himself.

Zj9A7ZX.jpg

I'm curious which colors you used on this Firespray. Also with the red is that just slowly building up on the grays or did you mask off and paint that on the primer/base? Is that just the "stock" paint on the cockpit glass?

9 hours ago, Ghosthacked said:

Would be hilarious if someone modded this guy to open up the mouth at the front and have the Hutt tongue come out the front.

Considering the shape of the C-Roc, that shouldn't be terribly hard to do actually. Most certainly a good idea that I hope someone picks up.

2 hours ago, Frimmel said:

I'm curious which colors you used on this Firespray. Also with the red is that just slowly building up on the grays or did you mask off and paint that on the primer/base? Is that just the "stock" paint on the cockpit glass?

The blue is a mix of four colours, but I've unfortunately misplaced my notes. As for the red, I started by priming the model white, then painting the front red. I then masked off the stripe and painted the blue. These steps where all done with an airbrush. Unfortunately the red came out too bright so I had to paint is darker by hand. As for the canopy, it has actually been painted so it's not the stock colour, though admittedly it's still just a basic black, with a few layers of gloss varnish on top.

I always do Abaddon Black and a coat of Aardcoat on all my canopies. But I have a thing for trying to make all my ships feel like they are in the same world as the stock FFG paint jobs.

"Gray Leader standing by."

- Horton Salm at the Battle of Endor Six ships in total, five ships use the 1.0 Y-wing model, while the squad lead use a 2.0 model to make it easier to distinguish. As a fun little detail, all the astromechs have been painted slightly different from each other.

Gofmy2v.jpg

4aP4Fj8.jpg

7f0CgY7.jpg

yw7wWIG.jpg

EOnjHZB.jpg

Some more Scum & Villainy; Manaroo's Jumpmaster 5000 and Moralo Eval's YV-666

aAPVJSy.jpg

AThmfID.jpg

EkXYnV2.jpg

26vtEnS.jpg

Here's a bit of naughty filth for you, the Andrasta. In all honesty, there was a bit of communication failure this time. I never considered that there are two versions of the Twi'lek pin up, the original from the X-wing Alliance PC game from 1999 and the newer card art from the miniature game. In the end I ended up with a hybridized version of the two.

ln2EiL4.jpg

q65j3Om.jpg

hRD0MSK.jpg

AnzPODz.jpg

Beautiful! I have an Andrasta primed and ready to paint, haven't quite gotten to it yet. I will definitely be using yours as inspiration!

3 hours ago, Tervlon said:

Beautiful! I have an Andrasta primed and ready to paint, haven't quite gotten to it yet. I will definitely be using yours as inspiration!

Pro tip, notice the raised panel that the pin up mostly covers (especially the top half). That particular panel is normally full of tiny details and smaller panels and to make it much easier to paint the twi'lek, remove and flatten most, preferably all details from it.

Edited by MacrossVF1
22 hours ago, MacrossVF1 said:

Pro tip, notice the raised panel that the pin up mostly covers (especially the top half). That particular panel is normally full of tiny details and smaller panels and to make it much easier to paint the twi'lek, remove and flatten most, preferably all details from it.

Oh yes, I see it! Great call. I will definitely do that. Thank you!

On 2/17/2020 at 3:17 PM, MacrossVF1 said:

Great job!

I have a Kath painted by a mate and he did great too. Very clean and detailed.... wow!

Here's the answer to the question that no one has ever asked: How would a Sith infiltrator look if it had the same pattern/scheme as the Hyena Bomber'?

2ZC6ivG.jpg

AmrWmRX.jpg

2Ub8P7g.jpg

YES. Now that is a infiltrator that I wouldn't be embarrassed to fly.

12 hours ago, MacrossVF1 said:

Here's the answer to the question that no one has ever asked: How would a Sith infiltrator look if it had the same pattern/scheme as the Hyena Bomber'?

2Ub8P7g.jpg

Superb paintjob again! πŸ‘

Btw. CIS is the only faction that I don't have, but IF I did I would probably do a conversion of a Infiltrator simply by turning it upside down and replacing the peg position with somekind of turret/gun. I think that this ship looks particularly cool beneath. πŸ€”

11 hours ago, Jokkker said:

Superb paintjob again! πŸ‘

Btw. CIS is the only faction that I don't have, but IF I did I would probably do a conversion of a Infiltrator simply by turning it upside down and replacing the peg position with somekind of turret/gun. I think that this ship looks particularly cool beneath. πŸ€”

Considering the ship is rather symmetrical, that's a surprisingly viable idea. It's certainly not something I personally would do but I can see and understand how it could be done.

Go on, do it! What's the worst that could happen? πŸ™‚

On 4/11/2020 at 12:42 PM, MacrossVF1 said:

Considering the ship is rather symmetrical, that's a surprisingly viable idea. It's certainly not something I personally would do but I can see and understand how it could be done.

Go on, do it! What's the worst that could happen? πŸ™‚

Indeed, but the Separatists are the only faction that I don’t (currently) have... πŸ€”

More scum! This time a Gand Findsman. Admittedly the card art isn't the greatest but I hope this is a decent representation.

75BdzVT.jpg

ZyWAXFO.jpg

S60a2VQ.jpg

Hey MacrossVF1 !

Never had the chance to comment, just want to say that your work is simply gorgeous !

Been a while since I posted anything X-wing related as my latest project involved Legion models.

Anyway, have a Razor Crest as an apology. :)

XmUYM6K.jpg

GxJGjDd.jpg

tSjJdeS.jpg

Sir, thank you for being a leader in this community. I mean, dude.

Is that a 3D print?

16 hours ago, Ghosthacked said:

Sir, thank you for being a leader in this community. I mean, dude.

Is that a 3D print?

It is indeed a 3D printed model. This particular one in fact and in the highest quality.

Get Out! That is super-cool. MacrossVF1, you never disappoint!

That is one slick paint job. Would it be possible to get a side shot so we can see the detail in yellow clearer? πŸ˜‰

1 hour ago, CyCo said:

That is one slick paint job. Would it be possible to get a side shot so we can see the detail in yellow clearer? πŸ˜‰

Unfortunately no. I did take such a photo but for some reason it turned out blurry as heck and I discovered it way after I had taken the photos and put away my equipment. And I don't have the ship available any longer, it has been packed in a box and is on its way to the commissioner.

*Edit* No wait I actually do have one picture though it was taken during the middle of painting so it does not fully represent the final model.

vUg8qPb.jpg

Edited by MacrossVF1