On to the Break of Dawn - Discuss the Set IV Card of the Day Here!

By ffgjaffer, in Traverse Town

AWESOME SUPER FUN! Now there isnt an inifinite number of heartless to be played on worlds! And also with that tid bit of info that said there will be cards that lower dark limits! Awesomez!

Well isn't this great. WR does get a boost after all.....I am not amused and I do not approve.

well like it makes a diff i mean really do you need any more than 9 heartless on a no limit world? And if you wanted to get rid of a heartless for a better one that is what hercules is for in light decks and magic cards in dark decks. Because if you have the right cards 3 heartless would be enough. lol

Well, I'll say one thing...the worlds look perty. I definitely enjoy the new layout. ^_^

But this card is poop and a half. Lemme put another nail in the WR coffin. lol.

WayToTheDawn said:

Well, I'll say one thing...the worlds look perty. I definitely enjoy the new layout. ^_^

Let's see if it tastes any better than the old layout... lol.

But Dark limit lowering cards could mean Level 1 worlds with a 0 dark limit which is great for WRs. It would mean one less threat to take care of.

WayToTheDawn said:

I agree with this. Love the new layout. Dark Limit does not amuse the Aggro Man.

@Card_Breaker - Have to find Lawliet for that one.

WayToTheDawn said:

Spamming HP Gain cards is a cheap and lame way to "defeat" an aggro deck, and does not make WR "good".

Cheap?

No. The word your looking for is "effective". It's not cheap if you can just play a Phil and an Owl and prevent that whole mess from ever happening. You don't really need magic if you're going to Aggro anyways. Cheap is just the outcry of a weak player who doesn't know how to deal with a strong tactic: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

And yes, it makes it awesome. If I have 13 world levels to get through, and you have 15+ HP to get through with potentially more Cure cards coming on the way, then you may as well surrender now. Exploiting an opponent's weakness in order to win is pretty much what competition is all about and it's never a bad thing. They could build any deck they wanted to, therefore if their deck is weak it's pretty much their own fault.

But then you go on to say "well it's a dead draw against a WR". Well, fine, but that's an entirely different point altogether now isn't it? Considering that I mentioned going against an Aggro and not a WR, my original point still stands. My point doesn't magically change from being right within its context into suddenly being wrong just because you completely changed the subject.

No argument concerning Mushu. I can't really exalt him very much because if I was going to use Magic/Friend I would use Tinkerbell, Bambi, Simba and never Mushu.

Axel looks like another gimick card along with every other Dark card out there. Sure they're fun to play with, but they still have strange weaknesses that kinda overpower whatever strengths they might have. I wonder if they're making Light decks strong on purpose because they're supposedly the heroes? Well maybe, but whatever.

Bwahahahahaha! This is great!

I love the new world card! So much easier to read than the previous worlds! 'N definately worth runnin in an Aladdin deck. I like how they improved on the dark limit, too. No more of this 'all your dark cards are belong on me', limitless junk. 'N respectfully, 9 is a great limit to put on the world. Makes it easier for the cards that are play'd in trios 'n unlimited to be put in the decks. Especially with the new Nobody cards comin out. They need room too!

Keep them cards rollin! I'd like to see a Nobody card next!! Specifically the Samurai Nobody for Roxas' effect, personally. Vwoot!

Though thats the thing though I would prefer bigger number cause people get so cocky and use all there heartless on the world and the moment they cycle you just run away and they have no more heartless left in the deck to use.

Though yes I must agree the card layout is WAY PAST COOL!

Woohoo! The first Nobody card! 'N what a card it is. A Dusk!

Yeah, certainly it's kinda the same as a Shadow, but this one is so much better than them. It's ability that allows it to have more than three makes it SO much betterl I can already see someone tryin to make a deck outta just Dusks, though. It's goin to be interestin, certainly.

From the description that was given it sounds like it also boosts the Organization memebers so that would be really nasty with a Xaldin or a Saix whose attacks all skyrocket. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Nah. By it's own text wordin, it'll only boost the Nobodies cards. Organization XIII cards are an entirely different batch altogether. Hence why Axel states it can play Nobodies 'n Org XIII members as friend cards. Two different types of cards. So Dusk would only boost all Nobodies in play.

Alright Nobodies! And that just says that there is gonna be a Shadow reprinted with a similar effect more than likely!

King-Simba: All those cards are from the last sets in japan, i dont think they will be in this set.

Kiro13 said:

Alright Nobodies! And that just says that there is gonna be a Shadow reprinted with a similar effect more than likely!

King-Simba: All those cards are from the last sets in japan, i dont think they will be in this set.

Ah, didn't know if they were in the next set or the next NEXT set. lol

Choitz said:

Nah. By it's own text wordin, it'll only boost the Nobodies cards. Organization XIII cards are an entirely different batch altogether. Hence why Axel states it can play Nobodies 'n Org XIII members as friend cards. Two different types of cards. So Dusk would only boost all Nobodies in play.

That's what I was thinking, but I liked musing at FFG's description mistake, lol.

and now we can all muse at it

"A bit like the Broom, if you're playing an OrgXIII character as your Player Card, with the exceptionally strong bonus of +1 POW for each Dusk in play."

I can actually see this card very useful. Unlike Shadow, you can have an unlimited amount. And unlike Broom, the card can be powered up more than that one time for a Donald. A deck with only Dusks can be potentially useful for an all out Aggro. First turn can already lead to six Dusks played with 12 POW each which gives the Organization member 36 extra Attack in a challenge already. Next turn, that turns into 18 POW each which gives 108 extra Attack. The flaw with this is any card getting rid of low leveled friends/dark cards. However, most cards can only get rid of one. The real threats are only Simba Lv 4 and Darkside. If the player is not using a Dark/Player then Darkside won't be a problem. Then the only threat is Simba Lv 4 which cannot be avoided since Owl cannot be played by Organization members. If the Player is using a Dark/Player, the only threat is Darkside. If the other Player is an Organization member, then the threat is the same strategy used on you in which case, it is really all about how many you have on the field. Of course this is not including any new cards that we haven't seen yet. Overall I give Dusk an 8/10 because of Simba/Darkside.

Sluppie said:

WayToTheDawn said:

Spamming HP Gain cards is a cheap and lame way to "defeat" an aggro deck, and does not make WR "good".

Cheap?

No. The word your looking for is "effective". It's not cheap if you can just play a Phil and an Owl and prevent that whole mess from ever happening. You don't really need magic if you're going to Aggro anyways. Cheap is just the outcry of a weak player who doesn't know how to deal with a strong tactic: http://www.sirlin.net/ptw-book/intermediates-guide.html

And yes, it makes it awesome. If I have 13 world levels to get through, and you have 15+ HP to get through with potentially more Cure cards coming on the way, then you may as well surrender now. Exploiting an opponent's weakness in order to win is pretty much what competition is all about and it's never a bad thing. They could build any deck they wanted to, therefore if their deck is weak it's pretty much their own fault.

But then you go on to say "well it's a dead draw against a WR". Well, fine, but that's an entirely different point altogether now isn't it? Considering that I mentioned going against an Aggro and not a WR, my original point still stands. My point doesn't magically change from being right within its context into suddenly being wrong just because you completely changed the subject.

No argument concerning Mushu. I can't really exalt him very much because if I was going to use Magic/Friend I would use Tinkerbell, Bambi, Simba and never Mushu.

Axel looks like another gimick card along with every other Dark card out there. Sure they're fun to play with, but they still have strange weaknesses that kinda overpower whatever strengths they might have. I wonder if they're making Light decks strong on purpose because they're supposedly the heroes? Well maybe, but whatever.

Look, here's the thing...I'm not going to get into a big argument with you here because it's the CotD thread, and this isn't the place for it. Let it be known though...that you are an idiot. You insult me for no reason (to a large extent I might add), and proceed to call me a "weak player". Ask anyone on these forums and they will gladly tell you that I am far from a "weak player"...I've seen your deck lists...and if anyone is a weak player here, it is most definitely you...What I don't get is why you went to the trouble of insulting me anyway...is it beyond people like you to have a civil discussion about things without hurling insults? Anyway....from here on, you will be ignored, so don't bother retorting...

*sigh* but who am I kidding? I know you will anyway.

*AHEM* back on topic....Dusks are gonna be very good OXIII Staple cards, and if I recall, the reprint of the Shadow does the exact same thing just for Dark Cards instead. So we might see those decks get a little better.

Dusk....just another Shadow with the ability Me, Roxas, and Mr. Dawn gave the original Shadow in our format.

I can't wait to see something actually good.

Well yeah, I think we gave it that ability cause the one coming out is going to have it...and just makes sense flavor wise...I mean, c'mon...the Sea of Shadows at the end of KH 2? Ridiculous.

Card_Breaker said:

I can actually see this card very useful. Unlike Shadow, you can have an unlimited amount. And unlike Broom, the card can be powered up more than that one time for a Donald. A deck with only Dusks can be potentially useful for an all out Aggro. First turn can already lead to six Dusks played with 12 POW each which gives the Organization member 36 extra Attack in a challenge already. Next turn, that turns into 18 POW each which gives 108 extra Attack. The flaw with this is any card getting rid of low leveled friends/dark cards. However, most cards can only get rid of one. The real threats are only Simba Lv 4 and Darkside. If the player is not using a Dark/Player then Darkside won't be a problem. Then the only threat is Simba Lv 4 which cannot be avoided since Owl cannot be played by Organization members. If the Player is using a Dark/Player, the only threat is Darkside. If the other Player is an Organization member, then the threat is the same strategy used on you in which case, it is really all about how many you have on the field. Of course this is not including any new cards that we haven't seen yet. Overall I give Dusk an 8/10 because of Simba/Darkside.

You forgot Monstro lvl 1 sir.

Ah yes... the dreaded Monstro Lv 1. So 3 threats to the strategy.

2 Questions come to mind when I see Dusk...

Does the "can not have two friend cards of the same name on your side of the field" rule apply

and

Is the +1 before you cut the power in half or after EX: If i play 2 dusks as friends do they each have 4 support or still only have 3 cause 7 rounds to 3 ???

Answers aprrectiated!!!

P.S The fact Xaldin's effect only works if he is your player card is sad/anoying...I wouldn't really be borken because if he is your player card the equipment never has to be dicarded right??? If he is your friend card and you use him in a challenge then you dicard him and all of his spears so youd only get the 2 challenges once if he was your friend. PLASE SHOW USE LUXORD TOMMORW OR HIS EQUIPMMENT IF HE HAS ANY!!!!!

1.) You can play as many Dusks as you want.

2.) The +1 happens after the halving of the support...that would just be terrible if it didn't.