On to the Break of Dawn - Discuss the Set IV Card of the Day Here!

By ffgjaffer, in Traverse Town

Now I am VERY curious of Roxas's player card stats and what are his effects. I REALLY wanna know right now!

^ T_T

so with lack of a new card of the day (I've checked throughout the day [thank god for being graduated and unemployed to the economy]) does anyone think that the set is coming out soon now?

They listened to my request!!!!! lol.

Wow, Roxas just sounds terrible. Sure, a free Equipment, but he can only play like 4 cards as friends basically... Other characters will murder him with a big supply of friends. Plus only 1 Magic and 3 attack.

Card_Breaker said:

They listened to my request!!!!! lol.

Wow, Roxas just sounds terrible. Sure, a free Equipment, but he can only play like 4 cards as friends basically... Other characters will murder him with a big supply of friends. Plus only 1 Magic and 3 attack.

It's only lvl 1 plus his attack raises to 6 with that Oathkeeper (from memory). I think they have one better waiting.

XALDIN IS BUSTED!

here is the deck

xaldin

10-20x spear

choice heartless and maybe a few worlds for good measure

xaldin potentially has 17 attack on the first turn.

after you get Xaldins attack up to 25 permanently and can attack twice every turn, you have to wonder...how do i lose?

ffg needs to put a cap on the amount of cards you can play past 3 and give equipment discard or else this deck will be the metagame.

like auron, will is playable, lock is amazing (better version of aquatank), and roxas could have potential based on what oathkeeper and oblivion do.

Swordsman_Joe said:

XALDIN IS BUSTED!

here is the deck

xaldin

10-20x spear

after you get Xaldins attack up to 25 permanently and can attack twice every turn, you have to wonder...how do i lose?

ffg needs to put a cap on the amount of cards you can play past 3 and give equipment discard or else this deck will be the metagame.

like auron, will is playable, lock is amazing (better version of aquatank), and roxas could have potential based on what oathkeeper and oblivion do.

Xaldin can only be equiped with 6 at a time so his attack is maxed at 17.

where does it say that. ffg should post rulings about these things or states rules changes in the card of the day.

Swordsman_Joe said:

where does it say that. ffg should post rulings about these things or states rules changes in the card of the day.

"Spear" has that within its own text

Swordsman_Joe said:

XALDIN IS BUSTED!

here is the deck

xaldin

10-20x spear

....Xaldin is horrible, I repeat, horrible. First, as Roxas said, READ "Spear"'s card text...it says you can only equip 6...and if you ran 10-20 in a deck, do you even fathom how many dead draws that is? Not to mention his lack of friend support...look we've been through this, go back and read our previous posts, I don't want to repeat myself.

ANYWAYS.....I'm excited to see Roxas as a card....but...good gosh...he's worse than Xaldin. Sure you could get his attack decent with Oathkeeper and Oblivion eqquiped, but his complete lack of friend support is astounding. On the bright side, I'd see him as a staple in OXIII decks, as his power will come in more handy as support since with both I believe he's somewhere around 11 attack.....and his rarity (SRU) is just mind boggling...seems they made him a SRU not because he's a good card, but because he's a card everyone will want to have in their collection...I know I do, lol.

>.>, now I really have to run. *runs*

Roxas said:

>.>, now I really have to run. *runs*

I MUST HAVE YOU!!!! *chases*

roxas only hope is taht twilight town friends have some very good effects and hopefully the equipments and samurai nobies will too i guess hes a nice lvl one friend in the org decks. Why do we have to call him mysterious boy does that mean anything like effects only work because you have the name"mysterious boy" or is it pointless txt?

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

roxas only hope is taht twilight town friends have some very good effects and hopefully the equipments and samurai nobies will too i guess hes a nice lvl one friend in the org decks. Why do we have to call him mysterious boy does that mean anything like effects only work because you have the name"mysterious boy" or is it pointless txt?

So you can run 3 of him, because in the off change that Organization XIII Roxas is level 1 you can run 3 of each. He has a lot of potential if he could get something going (like Axel and Xion) and maybe some light magic / techniques. It would be worth fearing competitively if he could get a little bit off an edge in the competivite area.

FFG you better help me bring fear to those fools playing Sora, Riku, or any of the other ORG.

*continues to run from Mr. Dawn*

Wow, this Roxas is so weak. I can't possibly imagine him winning against any other deck. I mean if Oathkeeper and Oblivion are anything like their Attack Card counterparts, he'd actually do better as a World Racer (18 total attack assuming he can duel wield them > almost any Dark Card + a free HP for every turn in which a Dark Card is defeated) but even then there are better options.

You can make a cool theme deck with this, and it's a cool card to have for your collection, but I doubt that it will have much use past that.

If you were to make a tier list for player cards, this one would be in the bottom tier.

Yay! I got wish confirmed! Is the oblivion and oathkeeper attack cards different from their Equipment card counterparts?

Fate said:

Yay! I got wish confirmed! Is the oblivion and oathkeeper attack cards different from their Equipment card counterparts?

Yes

Interesting...Roxas states that only 'Twilight Town' friends and Samurai Nobodies can be played if he is your character.

Now, this makes me wonder: World Specific Friend Cards? It might not sound interesting now...but this could potentially be a new game mechanic entirely.

It just means any character with the Twilight Town insigma on it can be played. Which opens it up from just Hanyer Pence and Olette.

*drop pounces on Roxas 'n hoists up in a net* Gotcha!

Ah, Roxas, what to say bout ye?

Decent card, certainly. I can already see Hayner, Pence, 'n Olette, along with Seifer, Vivi, Fuu, Rai, 'n potentially Setzer as well. Throw in the Samurai Nobodies, 'n there's 9 different 'friend' cards you can play.

Now, I see Roxas as a straight up aggro type. Start with Oathkeeper?? Equip Oblivion later?? I know it sounds silly, but dang! I wonder what the card texts will say for those two.

Oathkeeper: (equipment/attack): 'This card can only be equip'd to Roxas. If not, treat this card as an attack card. If you defeat a dark card with this card in a battle, gain one health'. (sound familiar?)

Oblivion: 'This card can only be equip'd to Roxas. If not, treat this card as an attack card. If you win a challenge with this card, your opponent loses 2 hp instead of 1'. (deja vu?)

I know these won't be the actual wordin on the cards, but dang, Roxas would be incredible in a deck then. 'N since they're treated as equipments, dark cards that aren't affected by attack cards are affected by these cards. Boost up Roxas with your friend effects, 'n wham bam slam!

I am lovin this set so far! Keep 'em comin!

WOOT ROXAS!!! And Now I got my answer question about wondering about the pow decreasement for nobodies but in return of not having that he only plays certain friends.

Also someone asked about the whole Mysterious Boy thing and there is more than likely a card that will say only works for it but the case in point is that this roxas isnt the actual organization roxas cause this is the roxas that was in fake twilight town while he was just known as a mysterious boy to sora and company. Though later on down the road they will make another Roxas card more than likely thats all about Nobodies like how Xaldin is an soon to come org members.

Though i like the whole beginning equipment effect even though the new versions have had there attacks decreased they more than likely will be giving us good effects that will make Roxas a little better than what most are already thinking of already.

And Twilight Town friends will more than likely not suck for Roxas but Roxas doesnt have to worry about low friend count since he has at least 8 different friends to choose from to play in his area. 7 being the Twilight gang lol

Aw dangs! Mulan is amazin, certainly! Keep Mushu in play instead of discardin him? Wowza! I like it!

I can already see this card 'n a Mushu or five goin into a life gain aggro deck. Sure, it may be friend fodder, but I can see it workin durin a challenge.

Then again, I can see people sayin 'what's the point?'. I love me the combos!

eh, she's alright. I see where keeping Mushu on the field is benefical and it's a nice boost to level 2 friends, but I just dont think it's a get idea since no matter how much HP you spend, you're still only dealing 1 damage.

Well Mushu is sorta useful. If you have a WR deck with a lot of level 1 world cards + a lot of Cure-type cards + tinkerbell, you'll end up having more HP than you know what to do with. Which is why Aggro decks have such a hard time against a good WR deck. But Mushu allows you to turn all of that excessive HP into something useful. If you decide to WR with Sephiroth defending you from challenges, then your opponent will be hard-pressed to find any chance at all to damage you. And in that case, your HP doesn't really provide much benefit except in the rare case that they manage to somehow get past your defenses. (Like Parasite Cage on Sephiroth for instance)

Also, if you use Mushu level 4 + Ariel level 3's Cure Potion, you can basically have a Mushu with an attack power of (4+3 =) 7 at no HP cost. Why do that when Ariel's attack power is 3 anyways? I don't really know. Six of one, half a dozen of the other I guess.

But even with no HP cost, Mushu still provides 4 attack power. So Mushu + Mulan's card text would kinda be like a weaker version of Sephiroth. So that's actually pretty nice. Compare that to Yuffie who provides 4 support value but costs 1 HP if you want to use her over and over again.

Alright Mulan and Mushu together yes more cards to collect

But in all seriousness Mushu is not a good card especially for aggro and I love Mushu as much as the next as most people remember my trades for Mushu's but Mushu's ability is not great at all its only useful if your gonna worlds rush cause that ability just fails in challenges cause you only gonna deal 1 damage to someone that may have a lot of life and your wasting you life for nothing. But Mulan will make it better for world rush cause then when your trying to destroy dark cards on a world you wont have to hold mushu in you hand to wait for it to be used, you will be able to play it and save up for more cards on you next draw to get more things to help whatever dark cards that may have stopped you there. So basically it helps free up your hand of some room.

And now it explains some of the older cards that would say capture magic/friends cause now they will be out longer than just a turn lol

Its been a few days since I got on but Roxas is pretty cool. Don't know if anyone's asked this, but Roxas's text doesn't say he can play Nobodies/XIII as friends. I'm assuming he can be played as a friend, but can he use the other OrgXIII members as friends is my big concern?