On to the Break of Dawn - Discuss the Set IV Card of the Day Here!

By ffgjaffer, in Traverse Town

Hello Kingdom Hearts Community!

Set IV: Break of Dawn will be arriving very soon and to celebrate we are going to be running "Card of the Day" previews from now until it gets here. Discuss the newest and hottest on this thread!

Yay! I can't wait to check out the first cards. Other people in Hallow Bastion were getting kinda worried.

Also First.

Edit:

Oh WOW, Auron is an awesome card. I've been running a Dark Deck using Wizard and Sea Neon in my Friend Area to lock down my opponents, relying on the fact that they couldn't get rid of them without using Kairi and, if they did, I would have another out in a short while.

But Auron would totally walk all over that strat. He also seems like a good way to get rid of Sephiroth.

But... what's with the new layout? It looks so different. Cool, but different.

WOO, Awesome Cotd, if for nothing else its something to get rid of mr. sephiroth :D and thats a good thing!!!

And go my highlander deck :D !!!

SCORE!! And the new set countdown begins once again! VWOOT!! I am excited!! I knew it would start soon, but this was sooner than anticipated!!

Auron is definately a beast. This will knock some world runnin decks senseless, especially people who run Phil decks. All I have to say now is: bring on a card that will knock world runnin down!

Let the aggro commence!

I think Auron alone completely shakes up the current Meta game. He starts as a 6 and is probably going to be a 9 or 10+ by the time he hits the field, overtaking Sephy easily, then forcing you opponent to discard him! This set is going to change how we play this game most definitely.

And this is only the FIRST card!

I'm still left wondering about the "Olympus Coliseum" part of the card. Is this some kind of world restriction, meaning that we can only play this card if we're on the World Card "Olympus Coliseum"? I doubt it's there just for flavor.

If so, then it might encourage Auron users to run as many Olympus Coliseum cards in their deck as they can. Although to be quite honest, if you were only worried about playing this card and not worried about World Racing, 3 x lvl 1 Olympus Coliseum should be enough.

Sluppie said:

I'm still left wondering about the "Olympus Coliseum" part of the card. Is this some kind of world restriction, meaning that we can only play this card if we're on the World Card "Olympus Coliseum"? I doubt it's there just for flavor.

If so, then it might encourage Auron users to run as many Olympus Coliseum cards in their deck as they can. Although to be quite honest, if you were only worried about playing this card and not worried about World Racing, 3 x lvl 1 Olympus Coliseum should be enough.

If I remember the Japanese Rules well enough...They do indeed interact with one another, but you don't need to have Olympus in play to use Auron,

love auron sadly hate this new card art 3-d game renders ugh laziness in my opinion

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

love auron sadly hate this new card art 3-d game renders ugh laziness in my opinion

I totally agree with you, on a side note...he's totally for aggro/control, but, man...he helps the WRs, just as much, taking out fatties with the help of a cloud. So I'm assuming that BoD will be released June 30th?

*happy*

oh man just what ive always wanted COD

glad things seem to be on shedual this time ^,-

But about Auron

the card dosn't state if hes plus power based on how many friends in your dicard pile as he put down or is it how many are there when you use him.

Alright! New player card! Xaldin looks awesomes, 'n his ability quite familiar.

However, an interestin twist?? Can play Org. XIII members as friends?? Sweet!! 'N note his ability specifically. You can tell there's already goin to be a rulin on the way the Org. XIII player cards can be play'd.

This set is awesome already! 'N a hint that Xaldin has a 'Soul Eater' type card to boot? Rawr!

Xaldin is fine but the fanboy in me wants to see Axel.

Still, a Soul Eater equivalent for Xaldin automatically makes him awesome. He's got a low attack power compared to Dark Riku and Ansem though. Maybe the ability to play Org 13 members makes up for that somehow?

yes the card of the day is back up and i can't wait to see more of them.

i have got to get me an auron.

i know a couple of people who will be happy about them showing the orginization though.

Auron is definitely gonna be useful. :)

As for Xaladin, yeah we expected something like that, but I didn't expect the being able to play other OrgXII memebers as friends too! That could be very useful...

Xaldin is...well...he's kinda lame.

He's gonna be aggro cause of his lances that have a Soul Eater like ability....and if he's gonna be an Aggro Player he has nothing on Riku Aggro that is popular in the Meta right now and will continue to be popular with the release of the Way to the Dawn Equipment Card, which was so broken in Japan.

He'll probably make an appearance more as a friend, as a level 2 with 5 power and 2 Magic.....I just hope there's an OXIII member who can cast Magic, or else I won't understand why he has a Magic stat in the first place.

Other than that though....yay for OXIII players! ^_^

Xaldin can play amgic cards....just not magic friend cards

Ah, true....that's what I get for reading the card too fast, lol.

I still stand by my opinion that he's lame though. ^_^

Eroecchi said:

But about Auron

the card dosn't state if hes plus power based on how many friends in your dicard pile as he put down or is it how many are there when you use him.

xaldin can play magic just not the good stuff hes like dark riku the magic is so so. Im curious as to how each org members weapon will give them good advantages i just hope they also release some dark deck support for ansem and dark riku, they came out and were too unstable to really play competetivly so i hope they dont just forget about those two and just boost orgXIII dark decks, im with mr dawn though xaldin is kinda lame for an aggro guy hope the other memebers will be better

Awesome now I can finally know what most of the cards actually do lmao But I was wondering something about Xaldin, sorry if someone already said it but I am wondering since Org Members can play other Org Members as friends does that mean after the first match you could switch the player cards with another that is in your deck if you have one? Cause if so that would be super awesome! To start off the game with Xaldin and then next match kick it into a different gear using Axel or something.

Edit: And I am pretty sure and positive there will be some neat darkness stuff for the dark players to use to make them a little better.

Edit: As for Aurons effect I am pretty sure its like a static effect that will keep changing upon what is happening so if i have 5 friends in the discard he would have +5 and after I battle and discard 3 friends that 5 would become and 8. Though it would be bad if you drew out your deck and had an Auron with +20 (IDK lol) and then had to shuffle your deck and made that 20 go down to a 0 lmao.

I can see people just making one big OrgXIII deck that has every member and their cards and just rotating their main player as they see fit to. I think that's what I honestly plan to do, assuming that I get enough Nobodies and members.

Kiro13 said:

Edit: As for Aurons effect I am pretty sure its like a static effect that will keep changing upon what is happening so if i have 5 friends in the discard he would have +5 and after I battle and discard 3 friends that 5 would become and 8. Though it would be bad if you drew out your deck and had an Auron with +20 (IDK lol) and then had to shuffle your deck and made that 20 go down to a 0 lmao.

That's what I was thinking too, lol. You'll want to make SURE that you use Auron before the Reshuffle. You may as well too since +20 is pretty much a free win against almost anything.

The way I see it, methinks Auron will be forcin people to take their quickdraw decks 'n changin them into medium draw decks (aka: less draw combos, but still gettin their cards they want). Either that, or play the quickest draw decks possible to get as many Aurons they can into their hand, 'n friends in the graveyard (Simba, anyone?).

I also see Broom decks spawnin up again, with hopes of playin a Darkside for rapid boost. But hey, that's just me 'n my thoughts.

Hmmm, the game will definately be shaken up with the release of this set (and of course, everyone I know is just ecstatic that they are continuing to release sets well into KH2 characters ^^).

I'm not too sure if Xaldin and his 4 equipment cards will be practical... BUT, can you imagine, two challenges and magic (Stopga - hope a nobody or whatever gets 6 magic) = some serious challenge damage.

- dut

Well the thing with Auron is he is not a card you will want to have out for no reason in the first place which is why he would be good with Leon. Cause Auron is more of a card that you want to use as a trump card when everything else has just been going wrong and you need that ultimate boost to win! At Least while world rushing cause we all know if someone challenges with an Auron they are pretty likely gonna get Fairy Harped into the next match. lol

As for the Org thing about the plays thats what I pretty much was gonna do take up to 3 different members and make a good decent deck based around all three which that will be hard enough to do let alone trying to make it with all org members.

Also as for the Stopga theory about Xaldin thats not possible unless some plays so many rare fungus at once. Cause no Org Member has that much magic.

With the Spear Equipment that just made Xaldin better until they show cards that will more than likely disarm him lol But for now he is awesome for aggro.