On to the Break of Dawn - Discuss the Set IV Card of the Day Here!

By ffgjaffer, in Traverse Town

Xabers said:

Its been a few days since I got on but Roxas is pretty cool. Don't know if anyone's asked this, but Roxas's text doesn't say he can play Nobodies/XIII as friends. I'm assuming he can be played as a friend, but can he use the other OrgXIII members as friends is my big concern?

Not this Roxas. The other version of Roxas (if I remember correctly from back in the day when we had the translations) could only use XIII and Samurai Nobodies. I'm kinda wondering if that means he can use this Roxas and what exactly the Samaruai do.

Sluppie said:

Well Mushu is sorta useful. If you have a WR deck with a lot of level 1 world cards + a lot of Cure-type cards + tinkerbell, you'll end up having more HP than you know what to do with. Which is why Aggro decks have such a hard time against a good WR deck. But Mushu allows you to turn all of that excessive HP into something useful. If you decide to WR with Sephiroth defending you from challenges, then your opponent will be hard-pressed to find any chance at all to damage you. And in that case, your HP doesn't really provide much benefit except in the rare case that they manage to somehow get past your defenses. (Like Parasite Cage on Sephiroth for instance)

Also, if you use Mushu level 4 + Ariel level 3's Cure Potion, you can basically have a Mushu with an attack power of (4+3 =) 7 at no HP cost. Why do that when Ariel's attack power is 3 anyways? I don't really know. Six of one, half a dozen of the other I guess.

But even with no HP cost, Mushu still provides 4 attack power. So Mushu + Mulan's card text would kinda be like a weaker version of Sephiroth. So that's actually pretty nice. Compare that to Yuffie who provides 4 support value but costs 1 HP if you want to use her over and over again.

Spamming HP Gain cards is a cheap and lame way to "defeat" an aggro deck, and does not make WR "good".

As for Mulan...I like her and I don't like her....She adds yet another needed spot to the Level 2 friend section, but gives an added effect to one of the worst cards in the game.

I'm interested in what the techniques and traits are... and when we get to see the forms! So much I want to see! Just release it already! However, I did notice that the description says 162 all new never before seen cards. So this means no reprints?

I dont think Mushu was bad especially when your on wonderland lv2 with mushu to double the support for the same amount of HP which doesnt make it the worst card you just have to know a good way to use it.

Though I dont know why people still tend to insist on complaining about decks that only cure against an aggro deck so they can world rush. Its a legitimate strategy and they are just trying to win but having only lv1 worlds will make them slow and if you know that they only use lv1 worlds thats when you just out world rush them. Simple as that. And people tend to not use the retreat method well in situations cause agrabah lv3 for me had a actual good use without the magic doubling effect.

ugh i wish it was monday i want to know what the next card is.

Also Card Breaker there will probably be a lot of reprints... Like Sea Neon

Kiro13 said:

I dont think Mushu was bad especially when your on wonderland lv2 with mushu to double the support for the same amount of HP which doesnt make it the worst card you just have to know a good way to use it.

Though I dont know why people still tend to insist on complaining about decks that only cure against an aggro deck so they can world rush. Its a legitimate strategy and they are just trying to win but having only lv1 worlds will make them slow and if you know that they only use lv1 worlds thats when you just out world rush them. Simple as that. And people tend to not use the retreat method well in situations cause agrabah lv3 for me had a actual good use without the magic doubling effect.

ugh i wish it was monday i want to know what the next card is.

Also Card Breaker there will probably be a lot of reprints... Like Sea Neon

Wow... duh... I completely forgot Sea Neon was posted...

Kiro13 said:

lol, I'm not complaining...I'm telling it like it is. If you wanna pack a ton of cure spells to beat an aggro deck..good luck out racing another WR cause all your cure spells are going to dead draws against another WR...

Bottom line: Against Aggro it's a cheap and unimaginative way to win, learn to play the game better and you'll figure out a legit way to win against Aggro.

Against WR, good luck outracing them as your going to be wishing all those cure spells were answers to all the Dark Cards your opponent is stalling you with.

Yea lol though I thought it was funny cause when you play against people who get too cocky cause I played Agrabah lv3 which equaled to lvl9 and I waited a few turns as my friend just piled on dark cards and after he cycled his deck I ran away and he had no more dark cards left lol and he had already used chip and dale earlier. So it gave me a free run lmao. That had a lot of healings just so I could withstand the turns lmao. My friend got mad lol

Few more hours until new card of the day... well i mean a lot of hours but whatever.

HaHA! Axel is my man! I am lovin this card!

Alright, so I saw this comin, certainly. Same as Xaldin, but can use any fire card without needin the magic to cast it. This would certainly help bring back some magic in the decks.

Though, the drop you recieve for fightin against Roxas certainly is a drawback... good friends, good times, aye?

Woo! Keep the cards comin!

so when you have axel as a friend card you can use all fire spells even if he's not your player card?

My question is that since this Roxas says he's "treated as the Mysterious Boy", does he actually count as Roxas for Axel's effect or will that just be the Org XIII Roxas?

Yay for Axel. ^_^

He's actually a pretty good player card and if you ask me will be a top choice among people wanting to run an OXIII deck....he'll be even better when we see what his Chakrams do.

that -5 against a Roxas though...man...thats rough...very true to the Video Game...but rough.

I'm with roxas does the mysterious boy thing mean he isnt roxas so Axel doesnt lose 5 support? I like axel having a decent effect along with whatever his weapons will do but once again its all up to what the dark/nobodies do. The only Org members I'd wanna play are Xigbar, Saiix, and Laexeus they were the coolest they should be the best.

Anarchy_In_The_Galaxy said:

I'm with roxas does the mysterious boy thing mean he isnt roxas so Axel doesnt lose 5 support? I like axel having a decent effect along with whatever his weapons will do but once again its all up to what the dark/nobodies do. The only Org members I'd wanna play are Xigbar, Saiix, and Laexeus they were the coolest they should be the best.

Roxas states that you treat his name as 'The Mysterious Boy', but still counts as Roxas, so for all intents and purposes I'd say that yes he does lose 5 Support.

What I'm wondering is if the Mysterious Boy will be affected. Unless the card text says "treat this card as 'Roxas'", then it shouldn't.

Card_Breaker said:

What I'm wondering is if the Mysterious Boy will be affected. Unless the card text says "treat this card as 'Roxas'", then it shouldn't.

That's what we've been talking about. It's called Roxas, but it's text say treat this card as the Mysterious Boy.

As of right now...Axel would get minus five against the Roxas they've shown. We won't know how he interacts with the other till we see its card text.

And the more I think about it, the worse Axel seems. Phil owns him somethin' fierce and we all know that Roxas is going to be the main player card for you OXIII fanboys so running Axel as your player is just a bad idea....when will they show a GOOD OXIII player card? I know Saix is for sure!

WayToTheDawn said:

As of right now...Axel would get minus five against the Roxas they've shown. We won't know how he interacts with the other till we see its card text.

And the more I think about it, the worse Axel seems. Phil owns him somethin' fierce and we all know that Roxas is going to be the main player card for you OXIII fanboys so running Axel as your player is just a bad idea....when will they show a GOOD OXIII player card? I know Saix is for sure!

Beserker Form Saix FTW

We all want to see Luxord!!!!!

Wouldn't Axle be the same if he had no special fire effect and just had 6 Magic ....No actually he is worse beacause he can not use othr magic.. so

Axle is just like Xaldin with a lower HP a higher support and a higher magic (pretend around 6) But hye loses 5... I dont know seems knida weak..I thought Axle would double all fire magic you play..that woulb be sick.....If any ORG deck wants to succed there NEEDS to be a card like Demy's Sitar maybe or Xigabrs gus or sometihng thast allows magic to be played NO MATTER what other card on the field say (Phil, Wizard, Merilin)

PS does this mean that if Xladin is your Friend card with 4 spears equipped you dont get to attack twice???

Hello Everybody,

I just checked. With regard to this portion of Axel's text:

"Axel" can play all "Fire effect" Magic Cards regardless of the Magic Value.

Yes, whether Axel is played as a Friend or Player, the special ability applies.

What about Xaldin and his Spears..If he is a firend and I have 4 or more spears equipped can I attack more then once.

For Xaldin and the Spears there is this clarification:
"'Xaldin' can equip up to six 'Spear' cards when played as either a Friend or Player. Only if Xaldin is played as a Player can he Challenge twice in the same turn . If 'Xaldin' is played as a Friend and participates in a Challenge, with or without 'Spear' cards equipped, it, and all attached 'Spear' cards are discarded after the Challenge resolves."

Phil makes all those Fire magic spells useless :D

When will Set 4/Break of Dawn be released? It's already half of June now. I really wanna know now of when can you actually order them. I hate waiting this long for this. -_- ;

Fate, I do believe that the new, Kingdom Hearts: Break of Dawn, comes ot this friday the 19th ^^. We're preordering our shhhtuff today, tuesday the 16th. So don't worry, it's coming out sooooon! Just a little while longer.

Awesome gotta love Axel but still like Roxas better but that is still hilarious no matter how many times I read it lol -5. And I love the magic fire thing and its even awesomer that it works as a friend. Alright for my PYRO DECK, but I wish Roxas could play org members as friends so I could use Roxas more than Axel lol