On to the Break of Dawn - Discuss the Set IV Card of the Day Here!

By ffgjaffer, in Traverse Town

im liking these no limit effects on heartless and nobodies its really what you think they shoulda been from the beginning.

I believe that the plus one is added before the halving. Thats the way it's done with current Dark Friends, to my understanding.

Ecomics21 said:

2.) The +1 happens after the halving of the support...that would just be terrible if it didn't.

I'm, unfortunatly, thinking its the other way, since it gives +1 POW and their support value is half of their POW

I'd agree if it said +1 support to every other nobody, put since its POW I'm guessing its before the halving, although I'd rather it be after :S

Pete......I believe The Broken King will remain broken. I do like the fact that he gets a nice power up.

Oh man i really like pete, sure its not a complete stop to the king but it sure will keep the king under some control.

I kinda like Pete...has a decent pow for a lv2 and can potentially be a Pow 20 when there world count is at 10.

Pete's effect says "King" cards and not "The King" card. Does that mean "King Triton" is also not allowed to be played? Because the way we did Soul Eater's effect, any card with "Riku" counted.

I also notice that when you click the card images, the title bar on the popup window says [insert card number] - 149 - [insert card name] - lg.jpg 347x506 pixels. I'm guessing 149 represents the non SR cards?

Most definitely liking Pete. He's a solid level 2 Heartless, with decent power...and his ability to control The King a bit is definitely good.

The King will still continue to be broken, but a way to keep him out the equation sometimes is good too.

Ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch... Pete hurts a bit. I can see him bein very useful in a dark deck, certainly. But ouch.. poor King, especially in a multiplayer match (house rules. Don't ask).

'N against a world runnin deck? Highest he can reach would be 22 POW (not includin cards such as Queen of Hearts or World effects), 'n that would be under the circumstance your opponent only has 1 more point of world to reach before winnin, so, Pete's crazy good in that perspective. 'N with the new worlds comin out, a pair of Petes would purposely prevent a possible point. 'N three Pete's would repeat the whole Pete problem altogether!

I'm havin too much fun with this.

Pete 'n Repete walk'd into a bar. Pete fell over. Who was left?

....yeah, I went there.

But yeah, Pete's a good card. Early villian, no less, so Search Ghost will be handy again.

@ Card breaker ..I think "King" cards means that new un relased Kings (Timeless River) are soon to come but Pete stops them all form being played.

This set looks promising, but from what I see, FFG is putting in too many SRU's. So far, they have shown off 12 cards, 1/4 of those are SRUs (Auron, Roxas, Pete), if it keeps going like that, we are looking at way over 15 SRU's, and that is too much....

man this game is getting way to aggro. i play WR and before monstro Some aggro decks might win but it was hard after set 3 it was pretty easy and alot of what they have shown seems to help aggro over WR so i hope some of the cards they are not showing will help even it out. i know everyone is going to yell at me now but w/e. the best decklist right now is an aggro one the only problem with it is the SRUs needed but even a WR with any cards it wanted would probably lose 7/10 times.

unless they said they were SRU and i didnt see that then nvm this but when they scanned the card they could have used a SR version of it instead of the R. im not saying your wrong b/c i feel that you are right -more srus mean more people wanting all of them means more people buying cards- but we dont know for sure that they are SRU im sure the BAMF cards are. also i know a bunch of people by me stopped playing b/c they didnt have any KH2 characters but now i can show people they have KH2 chars and maybe get more people to play.

TheChampIsHere said:

This set looks promising, but from what I see, FFG is putting in too many SRU's. So far, they have shown off 12 cards, 1/4 of those are SRUs (Auron, Roxas, Pete), if it keeps going like that, we are looking at way over 15 SRU's, and that is too much....

You also have to remember that this set is twice as big as all previous sets, so there's going to be more SRUs.

Also, a good way to tell if a card is SRU or just plain SR, is by looking at the number. All regular SRs are going to be near the end of the set, while SRUs will be closer to the front or middle. Goofy Level 4, The Don, Roxas and Auron are good examples of this.

WayToTheDawn said:

TheChampIsHere said:

You also have to remember that this set is twice as big as all previous sets, so there's going to be more SRUs.

Also, a good way to tell if a card is SRU or just plain SR, is by looking at the number. All regular SRs are going to be near the end of the set, while SRUs will be closer to the front or middle. Goofy Level 4, The Don, Roxas and Auron are good examples of this.

Unless they pull a Fairy Godmother on us...lol

If you look at the number for agrabah lvl 1, 149/162 and being only a R i would doubt we are getting any SR - as in shiney varients

its numbering is so far to the back, i would really assume were only get SRUs thruout the set

just my observation as based on older sets there were a good chunk of SR Varients and leaving only 20 in this huge set just seems outta place.

I like the card of the day pete seems pretty useful in dark decks the only problem i see is the fact that its a SRU which is gonna make it hard to get.. I just hope not every good card becomes a SRU cause than the game will die where im at cause everyone just assumes now its the person with the most money who can get enough boxes to get the SRU

Pete is cool boost for dark decks and not a bad card to run in a normal deck like the King stopping power take that King Triton

Timeless River what can I say about this....It's and iffy card, I mean it's good but I dont know if it's great compared with Monstro, Killer for control on Owl though. good combo may be to lower down to three and then Timeless River next turn.

i like the timeless river but its kind of a low lvl so it might only see plays in control decks maybe aggro but i wouldnt world race with it

Yeah, Timeless River is definitely interesting and comboing with Monstro is an option. It'll definitely see some play in Control decks.

I like Timeless river a little for aggro and it could be useful in world rush too at least the way i see it for a deck idea

Heheheh, play Moogle, get your level 4 out, play Timeless River, discard Moogle, etc..

You can easily make it where you don't have to play any magic 'n get rid of certain cards that could easily help your opponent as well.

I like it. I'd have to see some of the other cards in order to figure out a good strategy for it, but I like it.

Hmm. I'm not sure if I like it or not.

Well if you know you're going to use it, I guess you can just have some less useful level 0s like a Abu or Wendy around to take the hit. Not saying these cards are useless, I'm just saying that their use comes from a "card comes into play" effect and once they're in play you don't really need them hanging around.

Meanwhile this could cost them an Owl or a Sebastian. Not really a bad deal. But then again it might not cost them anything. It could kinda work as an aggro control but other than that it won't do much.

It's not a card for every deck, but it could have its place.

They didn't show a card of the day today, maybe there is only thirteen cards of the day because of organization XIII.