Eldritch Horror Statistics

By Tibs, in General Discussion

I had a game with Az, where rumour card had lose game, mythos card was draw and lose game, and doom going to zero which is lose game, but we had solved the mystery that turn. So in case of tie, investigators still win. That's a lot of bad stuff happening to still consider it a win >_>

If doom goes to zero in the same turn you solve the last mystery

I had a game with Az, where rumour card had lose game, mythos card was draw and lose game, and doom going to zero which is lose game, but we had solved the mystery that turn. So in case of tie, investigators still win. That's a lot of bad stuff happening to still consider it a win >_>

If doom goes to zero during the mythos phase in the same turn when you met the requirements to solve the last mystery (3rd), you don't win because you need to wait the entire mythos phase to end to solve it. Thus, the AO awakened in the middle of your mythos phase, just then you'll solve your last mystery. With that, you still need to solve the final mystery if you want to win.

There would be no ties if mythos does not end when you lose.

My doom was caused by my mythos card, card was also the one that if draw from depleted mythos you lose.

So mythos phase still ends, therefore incase of tie investigators win.

The tie happens when the mythos deck is empty. When you try to draw a card from an empty mythos deck - the mythos phase ends and then you lose the game and win it at the same time.

If doom advances during the mythos phase, causing Azatoth to wake up, you lose the game, since the mythos phase never ended.

I find that kind of strange, though. Azathoth's wakeup ability is to end the game, sure. So if he wakes up you automatically lose.

But why does attempting to draw from an empty Mythos deck end the turn ? The whole point of it is to end the game, just like Azathoth's power, so it's weird that you'd do one more step. The only reason I can think that they bothered to make it end the turn is so that you can win if you have completed all your Mysteries. But then, I feel like that should be stated as an explicit example.

(Discussed In a previous thread) Fantasy Flight has said that if you finish the final mystery but there are no Mythos cards to draw at the end of that round, you still win. (Otherwise, they game basically ends when you draw the last mythos card, as you can't possibly solve the mystery next round... I guess?)

Yes, that's a good point. What's the point of playing when you know you'll lose from failing to draw a Mythos card? Makes perfect sense.

My latest game accidently got submitted twice (from this evening, nickname on it is jivjov). Can you delete that extra row?

Duplicate entry just submitted: - Row 2054 should be dropped as the nickname (Ar) is incomplete.

Edited by ricedwlit

Thanks guys. I try to scan submissions and delete duplicates but it can be a bit tough sometimes with EH's limited set of AOs.

Did I miss something in the rules or is it just a fan invention to "score" a game? Can't seem to find it anywhere.

Scoring the games you've won is an official feature. I think it's detailed in the reference guide. Lower scores are better.

Yup, reference guide, pag 14, there's an entire section titled "Scoring"

Hmmm forum is a bit dead now… not much things happen every one waiting for MOM. One more month…. I really burn inside to put mu hands on the box….

Personally, when I'm looking forward to an upcoming expansion, I think of my current set as "incomplete" and tend not to play it :P

Sometime over the past day or so, the submission form for the stats report vanished. That is, it doesn't exist anymore, for whatever reason.

Luckily, the stats site and all the data is still there, but I'm having a real heck of a time getting it working again. I won't be able to throw much more time into it until the weekend.

In the meantime, just hold on to your data elsewhere. Keep trying the form—maybe it will reappear.

Edited by Tibs

Found some of my results I had written down, so decided to submit them. Victorious once only, (literally with the last action of the game, against Yog-Sothoth, doom 0, Mythos deck empty, last action of the Action Phase).

Hi everyone! Happy end-of-year.

So I see that Mountains of Madness is being sold now. Great! I will not be getting a copy for a little while, so I would appreciate it if you guys could let me know all the new information that I should be adding (AOs, investigators, etc.) including new things that I can't anticipate (new lose conditions? A new question category?)

I'm going to be adding a section for "Rumors won/rumors lost" at someone's suggestion, so if you could let me know what the new rumors are that would be great too.

Thanks a bunch! Happy Pine Tree Massacre!

T

I'm dropping you an email in a few minutes, Chris

I don't know if Julia mentioned it in the email, and haven't yet received my copy, but from what I understand, it looks to me like a new question about the used prelude can be useful.

Yup, we talked a little about that. I think Chris entered an option in the submission sheet allowing to check whether you used preludes or not. Entering in the detail of which prelude was used, could be tricky in case FFG decides to release more preludes with each coming expansion

Julia your email was really, really helpful. Thanks again.

As some of you might have seen, there were a few mechanical problems when updating the spreadsheet. I changed "three Mysteries" to "slumber mysteries" but have been unable to retroactively modify previous entries. It looks like the EH sheet is starting to get too big (just like AH). I've put in a temporary fix in the meantime.

Yes: "Preludes" has been added to the "Options" checkbox. In the future I'll add the rumors field and results for the Options.

As soon as the expansion lands in my mail box (hope it makes it before Christmas), I'll send you an updated list with all the rumors.

Also, I think it'd be worth adding a specification on the investigation section saying, like it was done for Arkham, whether you have to include investigators who replaced the defeated / devoured or not (the mortality in EH is a little higher than in Arkham, and the list of investigators used could become quite long)

It appears that the "defeat by rumour" option is missing from the submissions form. A dreadful omen????