Eldritch Horror Statistics

By Tibs, in General Discussion

Hey Tibs, Thanks for updating :)

I reported our first 4 games with Strange Remnants under the wrong name. The 4 games submitted by arlem525, should be under the nickname arlem, bringing my total contribution to 16 games.

Thanks for all your hard work!

Hi all. Following the recommendation of Michael Lange, I've added a " percent awaken " table to the stats sheet.

It is a rough calculation; from only ~80%–85% of submitted games can it be determined whether or not the AO awoke.

I've also colorized base-game AOs as purple, so that it's easier to compare the standings of base game vs expansion AOs.

Edited by Tibs

Recently I tried to submit our final result via Smartphone, did a mistake there, though, accidentally clicking "Submit" before having finished all necessary parameters. Maybe you could just delete entry #4107? The entry below (#4108) is the correct one, yet our final game time came close to 300 minutes, rather than 280. I don't know if this could be corrected as well ... :huh:

Anyway, thanks!

It would be nice to see the summarized statistics on failed and passed rumors. I was thinking about having a go for the Staged difficulty with a "Easy+Normal" blue deck for stage 1 and a "Normal+Hard" blue deck for stage 2. I'm interested to see if statistics could help to divide the Normal blue cards into two tiers ("Normal stage I" and "Normal stage II") based on how difficult they are to succeed or fail.

Edited by rovdjuret

I will probably add a rumor page at some point in the future, but I'm not sure when I'll get around to it.

As the "holder of the highscore" :ph34r: i have to point out mistake in entry 4481 which should probably have (-3 - just quessing) instead of -33 score.

Anyway thanks, and thanks again for creating and managing this statistics

I submitted my game as row 4656, but forgot at the time which rumors we had solved -- they were Relics of Old and Dimensions Collide.

Also, I am not sure how to calculate the game score.

Also, I am not sure how to calculate the game score.

See the reference guide page 14 for how to calculate the score.

Summarizing:

(# gates on board) + (# monsters in play / 3) + (# cursed conditions or dark pacts in play) + 3 * (# rumors in play) - (# clue tokens owned by investigators / 3) - (# blessed conditions in play) - ( current level of doom).

Round fractional values up as usual. Lower the score, the better.

Sooooo, when will we have Under the Pyramids things in the form? :)

Now that Under the Pyramids has been released, any estimate as to when the form will be updated?

If you need info I can summarize here :)

New Ancient Ones

• Abhoth
  • Nephren-Ka

New Investigators

• Hank Samson
  • Harvey Walters
  • Joe Diamond
  • Mandy Thompson
  • Sister Mary
  • Minh Thi Phan
  • Monterey Jack
  • Rex Murphy

New Epic Monsters

• Abhoth
  • Child of Abhoth
  • Haunter of the Dark
  • Quachil Uttuas
  • The Beast

New Rumors

• Dream of Lands Beyond
  • Madness from the Sea
  • Shadow Beneath Chicago
  • The Contagion
  • Treader of the Dust
  • Voodoo Curse

Hi guys and happy New Year. I'm sorry for the long and annoying silence. It's been a busy month for me and it's still busy even at this moment. But I'll update the form within the next few hours. Thank you, ricedwlit—I don't have the expansion myself and a list of pertinent components is very helpful.

Okay, the sheet should now be updated. Thanks again to ricedwlit/ArkhamRel for the info.

Friendly reminder:

You cannot get a "victory by final mystery" against Azathoth.

"Final Mystery" refers to the mystery specific to the ancient one after it's awoken—the one you solve after the other three. In Azathoth's case, of course, there is no final mystery: it's instant game over. People make this mistake much more here than in Arkham Horror probably because it's easier to think "final" means "the last of the three required."

Since there's no way for me to contact the submitter to clarify such entries, I've been deleting them. This is a behavior that's carried over from the Arkham stats sheet, where such a result is much harder to interpret. What I will start doing from now on is changing such EH submissions to "Victory by slumber mysteries" because that is the likely intent. But try not to do it, if you can.

What exactly is a failed rumor?

a) Rumor Mythos card in play at the point when the game ended

b) Rumor Mythos card that "blew up" and is in play at the point when the game ended

c) Rumor Mythos card that "blew up"

d) None of the above, please specify

I don't actually know. In Arkham Horror, passing or failing a rumor was much more clear-cut (it actually listed the conditions on the card). EH's rumor cards have very different conditions. This is one of those things where I'll leave it to your discretion.

OK for me, it is most logical to regard it the same way as for Scoring purposes, If it's in play at the end of the game, it is failed.

Anything else is passed, that means there are some Rumor cards which after they blow up solve themselves automatically, which is weird, but the wording is clear (solve this rumor).

there are some Rumor cards which after they blow up solve themselves automatically

Actually, all that "blow up" are solved at that point.

There is one that looks like it doesn't but it got an errata.

Edited by tsuma534

I thought Rumors like the Wind Walker are Solved only when the monster is defeated. The 6 Health Damage when blowing up is just a "bonus", but does not solve the rumor.

I thought Rumors like the Wind Walker are Solved only when the monster is defeated. The 6 Health Damage when blowing up is just a "bonus", but does not solve the rumor.

When there are no Eldritch tokens on this card, each investigator becomes Delayed and loses 6 Health, then solve this Rumor .

Check the cards, all* the Rumors should have an instruction to solve them after "blowing up".

*except the Lost Knowledge which got this instruction in the Errata .

When there are no Eldritch tokens on this card, each investigator becomes Delayed and loses 6 Health, then solve this Rumor .

Check the cards, all* the Rumors should have an instruction to solve them after "blowing up".

*except the Lost Knowledge which got this instruction in the Errata .

Thanks for the info, now I am a little bit wiser :)

What exactly is a failed rumor?

a) Rumor Mythos card in play at the point when the game ended

b) Rumor Mythos card that "blew up" and is in play at the point when the game ended

c) Rumor Mythos card that "blew up"

d) None of the above, please specify

All of my entries I've made for the stats (85 to date) have pretty much considered failed to mean (b) + ©, which really comes down to "did the last eldritch token get removed from the card"?

This means of course that some rumors cannot be failed as they don't have a count down mechanism (e.g. Spreading Sickness which just more potent over time). For those rumors option (a) is more appropriate, however then the data for "failed" rumors will include those that entered play just before a player managed to win and hence were ignored.

Perhaps the issue is just the wording. Instead of "failed", have the question be "Rumors Failed or Active - rumor is either in play at end of game or was not solved by a reckoning effect, not the players"

Now that there's been a "balancing" regarding number gates / clue/ etc with the latest FAQ , is it worth updating the form to ask if people did or did not play with the revised reference cards? I can imagine some people choosing not to implement them as it looks like it may make things more difficult (which, IMHO is needed after the introduction of preludes, focus tokens, etc).

Good point. I'm sure it's somewhat relevant for player number, but I don't know the smartest way to take those data and display a breakdown.

Something somewhat similar happened in Arkham: when you use multiple expansion boards, certain game values behave as if there's a different number of investigators. In the end I decided not to worry about that contingency.

Does anyone have suggestions?

Good point. I'm sure it's somewhat relevant for player number, but I don't know the smartest way to take those data and display a breakdown.

(...)

Does anyone have suggestions?

Just a small one. For the time being you can just add a checkbox "Have revised reference cards been used?" or something similar.

This way we won't miss any data, and you will have as much time as you need to find a reasonable way to display these data.

It will take some time anyway for the sample to be large enough to have any meaning.

And you'll still be free to just ignore this variable.

Okay. I've added that in as an "Options" checkbox alongside Starting Rumors and Preludes.