What theme to come next from FFG in the LCG format?

By radioboyeric, in Living Card Games

I'd like to see a WWE LCG. My favorite card game ever was WWE Raw Deal.

superradjoe said:

I'd like to see a WWE LCG. My favorite card game ever was WWE Raw Deal.

I liked that one as well. Not so much into wrestling but it was a fun game.

There's three that I would love to see and they ALL have factions already made for them:

1. Dune

2. Deadlands: Doomtown

3. 7th Sea

Those properties are ripe for the picking. Rules alterations if necessary for Deadlands and 7th Sea. And entirely new game, probably, for Dune.

I would especially love to see Dune, though, this is a series that just is desperate to get some love.

A Living Card Game offers an innovative fixed distribution method that breaks away from the traditional Collectible Card Game model. While LCGs still offer the same dynamic, expanding, and constantly evolving game play that makes CCG’s so much fun, they do away with the deterrent of the blind-buy purchase model that has burned out so many players.

I would LOVE a wheel of time lcg from fantasy flight, but I don't really see it happening. I think that is the only franchise right now capablenofngetting me onboard a 3rd lcg game.

This is a very good game for the LCG format Vampire by Richard Garfield!!!

Mariuzs… did you read ANY of these threads on here?

V:tES is still being released through their tournament organization VEKN in the form of small print releases… hopefully. http://www.vekn.net/

Oooh - great call tyveil! I would also totally be on board with something Car Wars-ish!

Not reading the whole thread to see if it's already been suggested, but… <---see my avatar? Yeah, a BSG LCG would be awesome. I'm thinking, a human player and a Cylon player, all the principal cast members are in play from the start, they behave according to simple AI instructions (like monsters in the DnD Adventure System games, but both players can influence them through card play), the Cylon picks 3 of them to be Cylon agents (indicated by a card set aside by the Cylon player at the start of the game and kept face down), the human is trying to expose them before they complete their nefarious plans. Cylon wins by executing the schemes of 2 agents, human wins by exposing 2 agents.

For example, when Sharon "Boomer" Valeri activates…

-if she's piloting her Viper she shoots down 5 HP worth of Cylon ships (human player's choice)

-if she's on Galactica and any Cylon ships are in play she moves to her Viper;

-if Chief Tyrol is alone she moves to his location;

- ***SPOILER WARNING*** if she is in the same location as Commander Adama and she is a Cylon agent, the Cylon player may reveal her identity to put Commander Adama in sick bay with a severe wound status (maybe he'll die maybe he won't) and return her to the Cylon fleet (remove her from play).

Not sure how exposing agents would actually work. :-

Seeing that there are not only Warhammer themed card sleeves in the works but Warhammer 40k card sleeves (suitable for magic sized cards), I am really hoping this is a nod to Warhammer 40K being the next LCG. Seeing as they've put out just about everything else for 40k except the wargamming line, it would be a great addition.

Plus, I'm a sucker for 40k stuff anyway, so it would have an early buyer here. ^_^

I hope the same W40K will be the next…I hope for gencon….

Belirahc said:

Seeing that there are not only Warhammer themed card sleeves in the works but Warhammer 40k card sleeves (suitable for magic sized cards), I am really hoping this is a nod to Warhammer 40K being the next LCG. Seeing as they've put out just about everything else for 40k except the wargamming line, it would be a great addition.

Plus, I'm a sucker for 40k stuff anyway, so it would have an early buyer here. ^_^

That would be grand indeed. But It should be announced soon before I start SW. I simply have not the time for more than three LCGs, and I would prefer a WH 40.000 themed game much more than SW. Or Tannhäuser, but as the TH franchise is so weak that the board game will not be continued in the near future I simply do not see this happen.

Redwall would be amazing.

As would the Walking Dead.

Edited by OddCrow

Gencon is only a month away, if they're going to launch a new LCG in the near future it will be announced there. So, I'm just going to wait until then and see.

There have been rumors of a VTES-based World of Darkness game, that sounds cool to me. I'm really not that interested in a 40k theme, if that's what we get I'll probably skip it. Redwall seems like it might be too niche, but I could be wrong. I'm not familiar with the series myself.

Well, if FFG had the WoD setting they'd've likely used it for their new version of "are you a werewolf" game they just announced... OR they're going to make an LCG of a generic vampire universe...

reboot the vs sytem mechanic!

It has been said before but I just thought I would add my 2 cents.

I really thing 7th Sea you be resurrected as a LCG.

I recently got the chance to play the game and loved it. I never played a CCG were your position was important. I also loved how thematic it was. You sail around leveling up your crew with adventures. Then when you are powerful you blow the other Captains out of the sea. So may stories are created each game.

I would really love to see the game or even just the game mechanics come back.

It has been said before but I just thought I would add my 2 cents.

I really thing 7th Sea you be resurrected as a LCG.

I recently got the chance to play the game and loved it. I never played a CCG were your position was important. I also loved how thematic it was. You sail around leveling up your crew with adventures. Then when you are powerful you blow the other Captains out of the sea. So may stories are created each game.

I would really love to see the game or even just the game mechanics come back.

Pirates are a much undervalued theme in modern gaming.

I'd love to see a Dark Tower lcg, that would be very ambitious theme-wise, but not very viable I think.

If they release another LCG, I think they need to be careful not to be too similar in mechanics and theme to any of the other ones, because each new LCG potentially fractures their player base further. Quite a few players already switched from some of the older LCGs to the new ones like Star Wars and Netrunner. And the smaller the player base for each individual game becomes, the greater the risk of the game just dying because people can't find other players (which is already a problem for many). They've got some really good momentum going with Netrunner right now, so they need to make sure to keep that momentum while supporting their other LCGs as well. So if they do release a new LCG, it needs to bring in some new people who haven't played their other LCGs.

Then again, I switched from Game of Thrones to Netrunner and Star Wars, so a different theme might not really help all that much, given how us gaming types are usually interested in a diverse spectrum of nerd culture.

I was quite surprised by this entire thread, just because I didn't expect another LCG from FFG (I mean, six is a lot after all). That said, I'd be interested in seeing what comes along, as I've always told myself since buying Lord of the Rings and Warhammer that I wouldn't buy anymore, and have finally last month bought Netrunner that has brought me up to following all six. I'm obviously very easily-persuaded!

Unfortunately, I have no idea what would be best theme-wise for the next foray, so really you can disregard this entire post as meaningless babble...

Is that League of Legends LCG rumor still have any weight to it?

reboot the vs sytem mechanic!

I would love to see the vs system as well.

If they release another LCG, I think they need to be careful not to be too similar in mechanics and theme to any of the other ones, because each new LCG potentially fractures their player base further.

Have you ever heard of Doomtown. That ccg has mechanics like no other. They even released things in episodes like how ffg is doing there lcgs. There is also a dune ccg which is kinda like other ccgs but focuses on achieving influence and gaining spice. I feel like adding those two would not subtract from the others, especially doomtown.

Also, in my personal opinion, I feel like the newer lcg's have a better game concepts than the earlier ones. So as long as they keep boosting the quality, I'll be happy.

edit: I see that these games have already been mentioned. I just learnt about the 7th sea as well so that's great.

Edited by Madfoxinator