Rise Against the Reach OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Alright, I've decided, that I'll use the triumph to upgrade my next physical check, then add 5 boosts to my next check using the advantage.

1 minute ago, Edgehawk said:

Sure! Average, but with a Boost. It’s tight enough that it would actually be pretty difficult to fall too far.

Could Wesk suffer from a setback to give Argo a boost by pushing him up?

5 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

Alright, I've decided, that I'll use the triumph to upgrade my next physical check, then add 5 boosts to my next check using the advantage.

A single Advantage could be used to pass a Boost to the next PC check. The remaining 4 Advantages could be used to specifically pass 2 Boosts on to yourself.

8 minutes ago, Darth__Lego said:

Could Wesk suffer from a setback to give Argo a boost by pushing him up?

Sure!

2 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

A single Advantage could be used to pass a Boost to the next PC check. The remaining 4 Advantages could be used to specifically pass 2 Boosts on to yourself.

Alright, then I'll do that

How far up do I go up the lift? Just to the first sublevel, or all the way to the ground floor?

Edited by EnsignActual
2 hours ago, EnsignActual said:

How far up do I go up the lift? Just to the first sublevel, or all the way to the ground floor?

There is a fairly long stretch separating the first sublevel from the main resort, but you may continue past the sublevel if you wish.

@Darth__Lego I was going to add a Setback to Argo’s next check, for the 2 Threat, but I’ll let Wesk’s Advantage cancel it out, if you want?

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

@Darth__Lego I was going to add a Setback to Argo’s next check, for the 2 Threat, but I’ll let Wesk’s Advantage cancel it out, if you want?

Yeah, that's good by me. I would be narrating them reaching the first sublevel and coming out from a vent/trapdoor, right?

Sorry everybody! Was waiting for the difficulty and then it just slipped my mind. Anyways-
Athletics for Vent : 3eA+1eP+2eD 6 successes, 2 threat
a-s-s.png a-s-s.png a-s.png p-s.png d-th.png d-th.png

I guess I am in the vents then.

@Edgehawk I hand-waved shutting off the duct, but I'd be willing to flip a destiny token to do so or just edit that part out of the post.

8 hours ago, Darth__Lego said:

@Edgehawk I hand-waved shutting off the duct, but I'd be willing to flip a destiny token to do so or just edit that part out of the post.

That’s fine, no Destiny flip needed. It would just be your Maneuver, with Climbing being your Action.

13 hours ago, AtariAssasin said:

I guess I am in the vents then.

For the 2 Threat, Hugo scuffs the wall next to the conduit opening with his heavy boots, leaving a possible clue behind.

Apologies for the delay, there was a failure to communicate. I genuinely do try to move this game along faster than this. The lift just dropped, a bit, and then stopped.

Unfortunately, in my attempt to keep your game moving last week, your actions for the current round (escaping in the conduit tube/ lift shaft) have already been resolved.

Again, this is a trial run. So far, it seems like the Imperial game, with more players, will be slowing this smaller game to the point of disengagement. I will adjust my concept accordingly, and probably run this game separately, perhaps with infrequent clashes involving the imp PCs.

Thank you for your patience, and if you bear with me in this current scene, I will endeavor to make this work for everyone. @Darth__Lego @AtariAssasin @EnsignActual @MrTInce

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

Apologies for the delay, there was a failure to communicate. I genuinely do try to move this game along faster than this. The lift just dropped, a bit, and then stopped.

Unfortunately, in my attempt to keep your game moving last week, your actions for the current round (escaping in the conduit tube/ lift shaft) have already been resolved.

Again, this is a trial run. So far, it seems like the Imperial game, with more players, will be slowing this smaller game to the point of disengagement. I will adjust my concept accordingly, and probably run this game separately, perhaps with infrequent clashes involving the imp PCs.

Thank you for your patience, and if you bear with me in this current scene, I will endeavor to make this work for everyone. @Darth__Lego @AtariAssasin @EnsignActual @MrTInce

So bonus XP? :D

3 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

So bonus XP? :D

Soon, but not bonus. At the conclusion of this scene, everyone will receive at least 20 xp, so you may start planning what you will want to do with it.

18 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Soon, but not bonus. At the conclusion of this scene, everyone will receive at least 20 xp, so you may start planning what you will want to do with it.

If they survive!

Nefarious Inquisitor Noises!

Xp, neat. I’m sure once we get rolling it will get smoother.

I’m just kinda waiting at wherever the vent ends, not sure what to do...

7 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

That's alright! It's been fun to compete with other PC's but perhaps it is for the best that we remain mostly separate. I look forward to what you have planned for us!

@Edgehawk How's it coming along, are we almost to the next round of actions?

29 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

@Edgehawk How's it coming along, are we almost to the next round of actions?

We’re in it! You’re coming up next!

Blown Lift Combat :

Alright, so I ended on the first sub level, what has happened with the imps in the elevator?

You’re not sure, but you would have heard some explosions, blaster fire, maybe some screams.

Okay, so can I perceive if there is another way up to the surface from the first sub-level?

27 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

Okay, so can I perceive if there is another way up to the surface from the first sub-level?

Make an easy Perception check, as a Maneuver.

Perception : 2eA+1eD 1 success, 1 advantage
a-s-s.png a-a.png d-f.png

I should probably up my perception at some point

Edited by EnsignActual