Rise Against the Reach OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

I want to shoot this thing. Let me know what I need to do!

Assuming Wesk didn't kill it with that kick.

If he did or I'm in danger of hurting Argo, then I obviously wont.

The creature leapt to the deck, after attacking, so is no longer Engaged with Gren. Wesk is Engaged with it, so the Short range attack will be vs 1eD+1eC+1eS (Engaged ally, Adv/Def 1).

My Destiny roll and Initiative; off to a great start!

Destiny roll + Initative Against Cra-lien : 1eF+1eP+1eA 2 advantage, 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png p--.png a-a-a.png

Edited by rocketrobie2

@nline39 Just a reminder that you've yet to resolve your turn with the shot at the Spider-Crab.

Edited by Darth__Lego
On 12/11/2020 at 10:53 AM, Edgehawk said:

Initiative

• Charon 2s, 1a
  • Bonn’Uss 2s
  • Xenomorph 2s (Adv 1, Def 1)
  • Wesk 1s, 2a
  • Gren 0s, 3a
  • DT2-01O 0s, 2a

@nline39 Hey! Post when you have the opportunity.

@rocketrobie2 @EnsignActual @MrTInce

You three may act now, in any order, followed by the morph. After the morph acts, you may all act again, in any order, to keep things moving. @Darth__Lego

The post rate goal for this game is 2-3 posts from each player, each week. If you have a question about resolving your action, I will endeavor to be prompt in replying. Please try to check in and keep up. It is difficult to maintain engagement, when momentum is slowed.

Also, please welcome @rocketrobie2 , the dark trooper (changed from KX) droid Bonn salvaged, and has returned to working order sooner than expected!

Edited by Edgehawk

What's the difficulty to hit this thing in melee?

1 hour ago, MrTInce said:

What's the difficulty to hit this thing in melee?

I include dice pool modifiers in the initiative lineup. It is Adversary 1 and Defense 1, so vs 1eD+1eC+1eS.

One maneuver to get into engaged ranged and one action to strike!

Melee Roll : 2eA+1eC+1eD+1eS 3 failures, 3 advantage
a-a.png a-a-a.png c-f.png d-f.png s-f.png

With three advantages I will spend two to give it a setback on its next roll and boost to next ally.

Good to be here! I won't be able to post proper for a few hours but what range band would DT2-01O start at when entering the conflict? @Edgehawk

11 minutes ago, rocketrobie2 said:

Good to be here! I won't be able to post proper for a few hours but what range band would DT2-01O start at when entering the conflict? @Edgehawk

Medium.

I spend a maneuver to engaged and I’m going to stomp on this crab really hard taking 2 strain to aim. And my force die is uncommitted at the moment.

Aimed smack with uncommitted force die on the crab. : 4eP+1eA+1eF+1eD+1eB+1eS+1eC 3 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Dark Side
p-a-a.png p-s.png p-tr.png p-s.png a-s.png f-ds.png d-f.png b-a.png s--.png c-th.png

Let’s see, that is 5 Damage plus successes, obviously lethal damage. And a crit if I get through soak. And the two advantages I have I will spend on knockdown, if it is the same silouhette or lower than me

Edited by EnsignActual

@EnsignActual Roll for the Crit!

26 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

I spend a maneuver to engaged and I’m going to stomp on this crab really hard taking 2 strain to aim. And my force die is uncommitted at the moment.

Aimed smack with uncommitted force die on the crab. : 4eP+1eA+1eF+1eD+1eB+1eS+1eC 3 successes, 2 advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Dark Side
p-a-a.png p-s.png p-tr.png p-s.png a-s.png f-ds.png d-f.png b-a.png s--.png c-th.png

Let’s see, that is 5 Damage plus successes, obviously lethal damage. And a crit if I get through soak. And the two advantages I have I will spend on knockdown, if it is the same silouhette or lower than me

You also get another boost from me.

I just did a roll for firing on the guy but I missed @MrTInce 's blurb about using knockdown on the crab. I'll wait to reroll my roll if he ends up knocking the crab over (or I can just roll a separate setback and add it). Sorry for jumping the gun there!

Firing on the crab (hopefully) : 3eP+1eA+1eC+1eD 0 successes, 4 advantage
p--.png p-s.png p-a-a.png a-a-a.png c--.png d-f.png

Missed setback from knockover : 1eS 0 successes
s--.png

Slick, didn't get any worse:

-1 adv on Suppressing Fire, dealing 1 strain damage

-2 adv on an extra maneuver to move into short range of the crab

-1 adv to pass on a boost

You know, trying to visualize this whole encounter has led me to two different interpretations:

• One in which the Engaged range band is fluid, and all of the characters are moving around whilst keeping a roughly equal distance from each other, with all of the characters scrambling around the ship in a cinematic fight with dynamic choreography..
  • The other, well.. the range bands are static and we're just standing around the crab, ganging up on it as it tries to flee to short range.

Fun times.

It depends on the day for me, The idea that we are all standing over a turned over crab stomping on it is funny

41 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

It depends on the day for me, The idea that we are all standing over a turned over crab stomping on it is funny

That's pretty much exactly what I was picturing. I was imagining the medbay being pretty close in size to the one on Enterprise and everyone was just pummelling the crab in some small room.

It is a very small medbay, and the vessel is considerably smaller than the enterprise. There is a layout posted under vehicles on discord.

I apologize for not painting a clearer picture. The xenomorph sprung onto the doctor, then out into the passage. The medbay is amidships, with some of you forward, and others likely aft, when the disturbance began.

@nline39 If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I will be moving on with the creature’s next round action tomorrow.

Edited by Edgehawk
15 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

It is a very small medbay, and the vessel is considerably smaller than the enterprise. There is a layout posted under vehicles on discord.

I apologize for not painting a clearer picture. The xenomorph sprung onto the doctor, then out into the passage. The medbay is amidships, with some of you forward, and others likely aft, when the disturbance began.

@nline39 If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know. I will be moving on with the creature’s next round action tomorrow.

Being new to the game I am completely overwhelmed with the "unknown" of what I can do. I've been reading the core rulebook when I can but coming from D&D it's a big learning curve for sure.

I stpped to read about range and combat in general, and then never came back to post. Then all of a sudden a few days went by.

Gren won't be a big contributor to combat anyway. He has the light blaster pistol, knows how to use it but prefers not to. If he doesn't have to.

He is more of a support type of guy.

That being said, I am going to set myself some sort of alarm to remind myself to check here on a more consistent basis. I apologize for being awol as I do want to be a part of this game.

@nline39 Don’t sweat the details. Ask questions, and I will respond, usually in a few hours, or same day. Just don’t forget to check back!

43 minutes ago, nline39 said:

Being new to the game I am completely overwhelmed with the "unknown" of what I can do. I've been reading the core rulebook when I can but coming from D&D it's a big learning curve for sure.

I stpped to read about range and combat in general, and then never came back to post. Then all of a sudden a few days went by.

Gren won't be a big contributor to combat anyway. He has the light blaster pistol, knows how to use it but prefers not to. If he doesn't have to.

That being said, I am going to set myself some sort of alarm to remind myself to check here on a more consistent basis. I apologize for being awol as I do want to be a part of this game.

All good. Coming into a new system can be quite overwhelming at times, regardless of which system it is. Feel free to ask here or in the Discord and we'll try to help you out as much as possible! Though, in the end, it's best to consult the GM themselves.

22 minutes ago, Darth__Lego said:Feel free to ask here

I should have added that this forum is in itself, a tremendous resource. It is where I learned to play, the Force help me. @nline39

1 hour ago, nline39 said:

I am/was the exact same way. SWFFG is a big leap in my opinion from DnD and it's rough getting used to all the new and different rules. I think the thing that's helped the most for me is just repletion and asking questions.