Rise Against the Reach OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

The edge of the Empire is still the Empire- a circumstance the denizens of the far reaches occasionally require a forceful reminder of.

This is a companion game to Reach of the Empire , following the desperate adventures of those few who dare stand up to the Empire, and its exploitive, expansionist ways. The Jedi and much of their history have long been purged, and those force users who remain, do so only in hiding. Mostly... A fledgling rebellion is gaining traction on multiple worlds, supported by some powerful allies, and it is only natural that it attracts those still strong in the Force.

The Grand Inquisitor is dead, along with most of the Inquisitorius, but the Fourth Brother is still on the hunt, with the support of the ruthless Task Force 75. This team includes his ace pilot, an ISB analyst turned field officer, ISB doctor and interrogator, and a SCAR squad of elite stormtroopers.

The Inquisitor and task force are relentless. For those who would seek to elude them, much less oppose them, it will take everything they’ve got and more to rise up against the empire and fight back against the tyranny!

No longer actively recruiting, but reserve slots may be possible. Force users, Rebel Intelligence or spec ops. Starting XP, +285 earned XP, +1 free second spec, +2 to both WT and ST.

Destiny: 4 Light, 6 Dark

https://discord.gg/tCKGQmeZ

(PC profiles below. Roster is full at present).

Edited by Edgehawk
XP update

Sounds good. What kind of thing would you like?

11 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Sounds good. What kind of thing would you like?

Your call, really, keeping the above suggestions in mind. So far, we have a Kyuzo Pathfinder and a force sensitive commando. Also, just added a Mandalorian Warrior.

edit: Just realized the suggestions are not above, in this thread, so here:

force sensitives, rebel intelligence and spec ops, would be fitting, though you can pitch something else. @MrTInce

Edited by Edgehawk

@Darth__Lego @AtariAssasin @EnsignActual Roll 1 force die (1eF) on Orokos https://orokos.com/roll/ for the Destiny Pool.

Also roll your skill of choice for Initiative. Cool or Vigilance, unless you have a skill that permits an alternate skill. Direct any questions about orokos to me here in the OOC.

@MrTInce If you are joining us, send me what you have when you are ready, and we’ll insert you into the game.

Sorry, will have something soon. Thinking Slicer/Droid Tech type. Starting credits only?

Edited by MrTInce
2 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Sorry, will have something soon. Thinking Slicer/Droid Tech type. Starting credits only?

Pretty flexible with gear. Outfit yourself as you see fit, and if I have trouble with anything, I’ll let you know.

16 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Pretty flexible with gear. Outfit yourself as you see fit, and if I have trouble with anything, I’ll let you know.

Here's the basics, will do the full sheet after tea.

https://swsheets.com/c/rvwqlpzit-bonn-uss-ack-te

Hoping this works- Destiny : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Destiny

Destiny! : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Vigilance Roll:

Vigilance Check : 2eA 0 successes, 1 advantage
a--.png a-a.png

Here goes nothing!

Destiny : 1eF 2 Light Side
f-ls-ls.png

Initiative, Vigilance : 1eA+1eP 2 successes, 2 advantage
a-a-a.png p-s-s.png

Edit: It worked!

Edited by Darth__Lego

Force Dice : 1eF 2 Dark Side
f-ds-ds.png

Not good for I

Vigilence : 3eA 3 successes, 1 advantage
a-s.png a-s-a.png a-s.png

My initiative is great though

Edited by EnsignActual
1 hour ago, AtariAssasin said:

Hoping this works- Destiny : 1eF 1 Dark Side
f-ds.png

Need Initiative from you, too!

Initiative : 2eA+1eB 3 successes, 2 advantage
a-a.png a-s-s.png b-s-a.png

The Imps have penetrated the rebel facility to the 2nd sublevel, where the four of you currently are. The lift has been damaged by an explosive charge, and the doors are closed, but you hear blaster fire on the other side. You know the rebel agents below planned to blow the lift’s floor, and attack from below. Trouble is, it’s the only way up!

The only thing separating you from the Inquisitor and task force is the lift’s door, which may or may not be operable.

Can my character use their tool kit to rig the doors to send an electrical charge through it once someone opens it?

Just to clarify, we're on the outside of the lift, right? They're stuck inside and the Rebels tried to attack them from the level below us? Probably an obvious question but my imagination is really poor when it comes to imagining environments.

4 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Can my character use their tool kit to rig the doors to send an electrical charge through it once someone opens it?

Hard Mechanics, with the condition of the lift’s door providing both a Boost and a Setback. I will flip a destiny point (you guys could use some) to Upgrade the Difficulty, because messing with the electricity on a possibly faulty door is dangerous.

3 minutes ago, Darth__Lego said:

Just to clarify, we're on the outside of the lift, right? They're stuck inside and the Rebels tried to attack them from the level below us? Probably an obvious question but my imagination is really poor when it comes to imagining environments.

Correct. The lift arrived at your level, but the doors have not opened. Explosives blew a large hole in the lift’s floor (it’s a large service lift), and rebels are attacking from the lift door openings below.

That'll be a failure...

Rigging an Elevator : 2eP+2eA+1eC+2eD 1 failure
p-a.png p-s.png a-a.png a-a.png c-th-th.png d-f-f.png d-th.png

33 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

with the condition of the lift’s door providing both a Boost and a Setback.

Roll 1eB+1eS, to add into the above roll. Good luck! @MrTInce

4 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Roll 1eB+1eS, to add into the above roll. Good luck! @MrTInce

Boosts and setbacls : 1eB+1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
b--.png s-th.png

Knew I was forgetting something...

2 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Boosts and setbacls : 1eB+1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
b--.png s-th.png

Knew I was forgetting something...

That didn't help...

6 minutes ago, Darth__Lego said:

That didn't help...

Just take a Strain for the Threat.

Well if it is our only way out, we need to open the doors, so may I attempt to force the doors open?

Wait, is it really our only way out? Couldn't we go the opposite way or something? Not trying to be a boring bantha podoo but I don't think facing the Imp PC's will end well..

I mean the only option I could see, since it says it is the only way up, (We are on sub level 2) is that we use vents to get out. Alternatively we can have our tech try to shut off the power to the lift. If it a repulsion lift it will just freefall to the lower levels.