Rise Against the Reach OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

Charon would want to disable the the imperial transport to make sure they can't be followed.

Who's making the climb first?

I guess I will, will it take a check?

Doesn’t matter too much, didn’t have to be the cables, could have been the locks or something but as long as we are moving.

Yea waiting for a difficulty

Edited by AtariAssasin
24 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

What's the distance between the door and cable? Or is there a service ladder?

~8’ or so.

23 minutes ago, AtariAssasin said:

There’s no way to sever the cables? Explosives or a lightsaber?

Sure. That might prevent it from moving back up, but would not drop it further at this time.

While I’m keeping the ICs separate until/unless the parties meet, everyone is in structured time, so I won’t let you guys get ahead of yourselves.

Climbing the conduit is Average check (Athletics or Coordination), and surprisingly Swift.

Climbing the lift shaft via access ladder, same check.

Alright, at this point I think we need to wait for the other team to do their ****. Once agains censorship annoys me

Edited by EnsignActual
3 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

While I’m keeping the ICs separate until/unless the parties meet, everyone is in structured time, so I won’t let you guys get ahead of yourselves.

Climbing the conduit is Average check (Athletics or Coordination), and surprisingly Swift.

Aye, aye cap'n. Mind sending the initiative list here for quick access?

EDIT: Might also want to think of a way to more easily coordinate each thread taking their turn. Maybe use the D1 bot in Discord so everyone can see it as we go along.

Edited by Darth__Lego

Blown Lift Combat :

The round is just about over, and Bon’Uss is dropping the lift as the final action.

Have one more imp PC to act before the lift drops, but can’t really prevent it from happening, so go ahead and get rolling on your escape checks.

These will be your actions in the upcoming turn.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Have one more imp PC to act before the lift drops, but can’t really prevent it from happening, so go ahead and get rolling on your escape checks.

These will be your actions in the upcoming turn.

Do you want this in order or to roll however?

27 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Do you want this in order or to roll however?

You can just roll in any order. As it would require Actions just for the Imps to get back up there to reach you, no interactions should disturb your own progress this upcoming round.

Going for the ladder:

Climb the ladder : 1eP+2eA+2eD 3 successes
p-s.png a-s-s.png a-s-s.png d-f.png d-f.png

Athletics to climb : 4eA+1eP+2eD+1eF 4 successes, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Light Side
a-s-a.png a-a.png a-a-a.png a-s-s.png p-tr.png d--.png d--.png f-ls.png
Well, this was an extremely well achieved athletics check. I think I'll generate another advantage with my force point

Edited by EnsignActual
Just now, EnsignActual said:

Athletics to climb : 4eA+1eP+2eD+1eF 4 successes, 4 advantage, 1 Triumph, 1 Light Side
a-s-a.png a-a.png a-a-a.png a-s-s.png p-tr.png d--.png d--.png f-ls.png
Well, this was an extremely well achieved athletics check

Wow... Able to leap tall buildings in a sing bound!

I was thinking of depicting it as Charon jumps from wall to wall like in the Jedi Knight games

12 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

I was thinking of depicting it as Charon jumps from wall to wall like in the Jedi Knight games

You can narrate your tremendous success in this way, but you still have a Triumph to resolve. Also 5 Advantage, which I translate as sort of a mini-triumph, if they are all used together.

Edited by Edgehawk

Possibly I can pick up the anooba or another one of the party with the the advantages and jump up. I can't really justify using the triumph on something. Maybe use it to notice the emergency cable release of some sort so that the other characters can ride it up? Or possibly, if they imps kept some guards by the elevator before they went in I don't get noticed by them.

@Edgehawk In the duct, if Wesk Kyuzo Leapt up, would he be able to reach the top in one leap or would he still need to parkour his way up?

Edited by Darth__Lego
21 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

Possibly I can pick up the anooba or another one of the party with the the advantages and jump up. I can't really justify using the triumph on something. Maybe use it to notice the emergency cable release of some sort so that the other characters can ride it up? Or possibly, if they imps kept some guards by the elevator before they went in I don't get noticed by them.

Since Wesk and Argo are going into the ducts, I was thinking that Wesk could pick up the Anooba, leap up and give it a boost, then parkour his way back up. Also those advantages and triumphs you should use for something more important, haha.

I mean, it depends on what I'm going to see once I'm up. I could just pile an ungodly amount of boost onto my next athletics check this session. Although it says physical checks, not just athletics check, so maybe I could throw it on my next physical check and hope the next physical check I make is a brawl

Edited by EnsignActual
18 minutes ago, Darth__Lego said:

@Edgehawk In the duct, if Wesk Kyuzo Leapt up, would he be able to reach the top in one leap or would he still need to parkour his way up?

The conduit passage is too tight for using your leaping abilities, I’m afraid. More wriggling and chimneying your way up. It would be considered Difficult Terrain, except that you both have Swift.

The conduit has an opening onto the first sublevel above, a panel. This could be reached in this round. It also continues upward.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

The conduit passage is too tight for using your leaping abilities, I’m afraid. More wriggling and chimneying your way up. It would be considered Difficult Terrain, except that you both have Swift.

The conduit has an opening onto the first sublevel above, a panel. This could be reached in this round. It also continues upward.

Would need an Athletics check from both, then? Since I can't exactly parkour my way up.

1 minute ago, Darth__Lego said:

Would need an Athletics check from both, then? Since I can't exactly parkour my way up.

Sure! Average, but with a Boost. It’s tight enough that it would actually be pretty difficult to fall too far.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:16 PM, Edgehawk said: