Rise Against the Reach OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

14 hours ago, AtariAssasin said:

Alright fair enough. I can through grenades pretty far with my talent so I was considering that.

Nope, he’s good at sneaking. I guess I move up to medium and throw a grenade?

I suppose you have an idea where the sniper is, if you’re lobbing grenades. Go for it. The existing pool should adequately cover the possibility for effing it up (vs 2eC+2eS). Edit: this dice pool would actually reflect an additional Upgraded Difficulty. I am going to keep it, but will flip a dark Destiny pip over to Light for it.

Edited by Edgehawk
On 11/18/2020 at 2:54 AM, Edgehawk said:
Landing Pads Combat :
  • Fire team 1, Adv 1, Def 1, Cover 1 (top of ramp)
  • Fire team 2, Adv 1, Def 1 (on platform, one is down)
  • Wesk & Argo @Darth__Lego
  • Charon @EnsignActual (inside T-3c shuttle)
  • Bon’Uss @MrTInce
  • Sniper, Adv 1, Def 1, Cover 1
  • Hugo (gm)
  • KX Droid, Adv 2 (nearing top of ramp, from inside shuttle)

Once Hugo @AtariAssasin acts, I will post for the KX droid and the death trooper fire teams. After I do, the rest of you will be free to act, in any order.

Chuck a grenade : 2eC+2eS+2eA+2eP 2 successes
c--.png c-th.png s--.png s-th.png a--.png a-a.png p-s.png p-s-a.png

Assuming that hits with a frag for 10 I will narrate it.

2 hours ago, Edgehawk said:
Landing Pads Combat :
  • Fire team 1, Adv 1, Def 1, Cover 1 (top of ramp)
  • Fire team 2, Adv 1, Def 1 (on platform, one is down)
  • Wesk & Argo @Darth__Lego
  • Charon @EnsignActual (inside T-3c shuttle)
  • Bon’Uss @MrTInce
  • Sniper, Adv 1, Def 1
  • Hugo @AtariAssasin
  • KX Droid, Adv 2 (nearing top of ramp, from inside shuttle)

Wesk, Charon, and Bon’Uss are up, in no particular order.

For reference:

Wesk and Argo have been targetting Fire team 1, correct? Then the Death Trooper from Fire team 2 opened fire on Wesk, right? If so, I'm gonna take a double manuever to direct Argo to attack the Fire team it engaged, and then aim and fire at the other Death Trooper at opened fire on me.

Returning fire at the Death Trooper (Aim) : 4eA+1eB+1eD+1eC+1eS 2 successes, 3 advantage
a-a-a.png a-s-a.png a-a.png a-s.png b-s-a.png d-th.png c-th.png s-f.png

Biting Fire team 1 : 2eP+1eA+1eC+1eD+1eS 1 success, 1 advantage
p-s-a.png p-s-s.png a-a.png c-f-f.png d-th.png s--.png

Both hit! Wesk for 11 Dam, Pierce 5; Argo for Dam 8, Pierce 1. I'll trigger knockdown for Wesk's bowcaster and recover a strain, and then use Argo's advantages to pass a boost!

@Darth__Lego So Wesk is returning fire at the death trooper carrying the downed death trooper, who fired at him, and Argo is attacking the two who originally threatened him, and fired on him...

The death trooper is knocked down, dropping the one he was carrying. And Argo actually manages to inflict some slight damage!

20 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

@Darth__Lego So Wesk is returning fire at the death trooper carrying the downed death trooper, who fired at him, and Argo is attacking the two who originally threatened him, and fired on him...

The death trooper is knocked down, dropping the one he was carrying. And Argo actually manages to inflict some slight damage!

You got it! I'll be narrating in a second. Also marked my strain for the double maneuver, should be 10/18 ST so far.

Bonn'Uss will attempt to slice to terminal and make use of it. What difficulty am I looking at?

12 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Bonn'Uss will attempt to slice to terminal and make use of it. What difficulty am I looking at?

What are you trying to accomplish?

47 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

What are you trying to accomplish?

Something to try and assist us in our escape. Are there turrets?

I will use my maneuver to check the next door down the hall, and open it if possible

It’s a very different game for Charon right now who is more or less calmly exploring this shuttle,

57 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Something to try and assist us in our escape. Are there turrets?

There are no overt defenses or other security measures, either visible or displayed in the terminal menu. Make a Hard Computers check w/2 Setbacks. Any talents relevant to computers/slicing/codebreaking may apply.

58 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

It’s a very different game for Charon right now who is more or less calmly exploring this shuttle,

59 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

I will use my maneuver to check the next door down the hall, and open it if possible

Make a Perception check vs 3eD please.

Perception : 2eA+3eD 2 failures, 1 threat
a-a.png a-a.png d-f-f.png d-th.png d-th-th.png

This game sometimes.

5 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

Perception : 2eA+3eD 2 failures, 1 threat
a-a.png a-a.png d-f-f.png d-th.png d-th-th.png

This game sometimes.

Okay. Um.. nothing to see here...

Welp, rebel pilot is probably going to die, and my action to move to the fourth door and open it.

Computering! : 3eP+1eA+3eD+1eS 3 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s.png p-s-s.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png s-f.png

So... a mixed bag. What do I see before I spend the triumph?

4 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Computering! : 3eP+1eA+3eD+1eS 3 successes, 3 threat, 1 Triumph
p-tr.png p-s.png p-s-s.png a-s-a.png d-th.png d-th-th.png d-f-th.png s-f.png

So... a mixed bag. What do I see before I spend the triumph?

Okay. Success gains access to magnetic locks, which may be activated on individual platforms, or full lockdown (no further checks required, may be activated on this turn).

If you wish to spend the Triumph otherwise, you are welcome to, of course, but:

Triumph can access two hidden turrets (light ion cannon. and light tractor beam). These armaments will require a gunnery check (Action).

26 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

Welp, rebel pilot is probably going to die, and my action to move to the fourth door and open it.

Okay. Last room appears clear also. There is a large locker at the end of the corridor, and a ladder leading upward to what must be a small upper level.

8 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Okay. Success gains access to magnetic locks, which may be activated on individual platforms, or full lockdown (no further checks required, may be activated on this turn).

If you wish to spend the Triumph otherwise, you are welcome to, of course, but:

Triumph can access two hidden turrets (light ion cannon. and light tractor beam). These armaments will require a gunnery check (Action).

Will happily spend triumph on accessing the turrets. Can I see the droid from here?

4 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Will happily spend triumph on accessing the turrets. Can I see the droid from here?

Yes. He is not far from Hugo now, striding across the landing pad, toward the other landing pad and shuttle.

57 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Yes. He is not far from Hugo now, striding across the landing pad, toward the other landing pad and shuttle.

Thank you.

Sorry a bit confused on init here... I assume it’s not come back around to me yet?

2 hours ago, AtariAssasin said:

Sorry a bit confused on init here... I assume it’s not come back around to me yet?

Actually, it will be your turn again, as soon as I post for the sniper.