Rise Against the Reach OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

https://discord.gg/tCKGQmeZ

Created a discord channel. I will also post it on the first post in this thread. Most of the game will continue on this FFG forum, but I tend to post visuals via discord.

Alright, so I can assume we can take our time getting the pilot’s and contractor’s binders off once the ship gets moving. I guess Charon will put the pilot down in a seat and strap her into a chair until we are at a safer location, provided she doesn’t need immediate medical care.

@Edgehawk Can I help carry Hugo to negate the upgraded difficulty and spare the Destiny Token or should I just go ahead and narrate without any mechanical benefits?

1 hour ago, Darth__Lego said:

@Edgehawk Can I help carry Hugo to negate the upgraded difficulty and spare the Destiny Token or should I just go ahead and narrate without any mechanical benefits?

I’m afraid the Upgrade is a result of the failed stabilization check, so any attempt to physically move him (without a medical gravsled/litter) will incur the upgrade.

I’ll narrate Charon strapping in the rescuers pilot and telling the contractor to find someone to take the binders off, and then going to the cockpit to ask if there are anymore coming, or if everyone that is here is all who made it.

I will flip a destiny to procure a grav-sled.

On 10/17/2020 at 6:38 AM, Edgehawk said:

So.. Where do we go from here. My original intention of pitting your team of rebels against the PC task force proved daunting. I have some ideas, I’m not completely lost, but I’d like to hear what you are interested in doing.

This scene has essentially concluded, and may be handled narratively. Please accept 20 XP for the game so far, and for sticking with it despite its shaky and cumbersome start.

Once I receive some feedback, I will move things along.

Firstly, I'd like to thank you for this campaign! It's been very fun so far, even with the couple hiccups we've had trying to run this as a companion game.

Personally, I would prefer if the party stuck as a freelance group traveling the galaxy and opposing the Empire, and since we have a couple of Force sensitives, tackle a few lost talismans or ruins along the way. With that said, I don't completely oppose the idea of being part of the grander Rebellion, as long as we can keep certain freedom to choose our path forward. Exploring story hooks from PC would also be a great touch in my opinion.

Either route, I trust that you will be able to pull it off and tell a great story.

Well, as much as it was cumbersome, I think the best course of action is to stay the course, and continue along the story you had initially planned

I've had fun so far. Sadly Bonn'Uss is having to say goodbye to his new friend the ION cannon... Well he'll have to make do with this droid he broke and will have to think of a name for it...

Would this count as the end of a session for the basis of calculating morality?

@Edgehawk

Edited by EnsignActual
18 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

Would this count as the end of a session for the basis of calculating morality?

@Edgehawk

Yes.

Any other modifiers for me? I have 1 conflict from a conflict talent so far

Morality : 1d10-1 8

Edited by EnsignActual

Morality : 1d10 2

Wesk felt a little conflicted. Dog takes precedence over other sapient life though, so he's good.

3 hours ago, EnsignActual said:

Any other modifiers for me? I have 1 conflict from a conflict talent so far Morality : 1d10-1 8

2 hours ago, Darth__Lego said:

Morality : 1d10 2 Wesk felt a little conflicted. Dog takes precedence over other sapient life though, so he's good.

If either of you feel you should have earned Conflict for anything, adjust your Morality accordingly.

1 hour ago, Edgehawk said:

If either of you feel you should have earned Conflict for anything, adjust your Morality accordingly.

Think I'll actually add 1 conflict for "Resorting to Violence", given that Wesk went straight for lethal. Don't think anything else fits though, so I guess that's it for my Morality.

On 12/7/2020 at 12:02 AM, EnsignActual said:

Well, as much as it was cumbersome, I think the best course of action is to stay the course, and continue along the story you had initially planned

In a very broad sense, the campaign will proceed as planned... in as much as I plan anything. The rebel and imperial games will share the same setting and timeline, concurrently, possibly with some small interactions. I think I will avoid full-party encounters or combats, unless/until the campaigns culminate in such a fashion.

Any input from the non-forcies? @MrTInce @nline39

Being new to SWRPG and this game specifically, I'm really up for anything.

Happy to continue. I guess we are blasting off in the ship?

4 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Happy to continue. I guess we are blasting off in the ship?

Yes. I’ll post something tonight or tomorrow.

@Darth__Lego @EnsignActual @MrTInce @nline39 Please roll for Initiative. Unless I specify otherwise, use the skill you prefer for your character (either Vigilance or Cool, or another skill if you have a Talent which allows it).

Vigilance check!

Vigilance Check : 2eA 2 successes
a-s.png a-s.png

Vigilance Inititive : 3eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-s.png a-a.png a-s.png

Ah dank farrik, here we go again.

Initiative, Vigilance : 1eA+1eP 1 success, 2 advantage
a-a.png p-s-a.png

Initiative

• Charon 2s, 1a
  • Bonn’Uss 2s
  • ********* 2s (Adv 1, Def 1)