Rise Against the Reach OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

So I’m at the cockpit, right now. I’m going to assume I don’t really notice anything off the bat, so I guess I’ll make a perception check first and go from there

@Edgehawk Hey! About the confused emoji reaction, it wasn't anything serious, just used it because it's the closest to shock and and surprise. Just wanted to express shock at the surprise alien sensation that hit everyone, sorry about the confusion.

Also, you posted in the iC thread, not sure if you meant to do that or posted in the wrong thread.

Edited by Darth__Lego

Thanks! No, I meant it for the OOC. Your alien encounter should be relatively brief, compared to the horror fest the Imps will be facing. Unless you fail, and let it escape into the galaxy. No pressure, though. 🙂

4 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Thanks! No, I meant it for the OOC. Your alien encounter should be relatively brief, compared to the horror fest the Imps will be facing. Unless you fail, and let it escape into the galaxy. No pressure, though. 🙂

Glad to know we're only trying to stop a possible galaxy-wide genocide or pandemic, no biggie!

Sorry for the delay.

Initiative : 2eP 0 successes, 3 advantage
p-a.png p-a-a.png

What will the difficulty to notice anything happening?

On 12/9/2020 at 3:09 PM, Edgehawk said:

Initiative

• Charon 2s, 1a
  • Bonn’Uss 2s
  • Xenomorph 2s (Adv 1, Def 1)
  • Wesk 1s, 2a
  • Gren 0s, 3a

Edited the IC. Gren is Engaged with the patient/morph (and the morph is obviously engaged with the patient). Wesk and Bon’Uss are Short Range. Charon, on the bridge, is Medium.

Everyone can hear the strange chittering sounds, and almost sense its alien presence.

@EnsignActual @MrTInce You’re both up, in no particular order. I generally allow “blocks” of consecutive PC slots go in any order, within that block.

Is there any kind of ship wide sensor?

2 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Is there any kind of ship wide sensor?

Interior? Not so much, but the alien chittering sound can be heard throughout the small vessel.

Exterior sensors are quite good.

Okay I will take out my stun baton and look around for any vents. What kind of roll do you want for that?

3 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Okay I will take out my stun baton and look around for any vents. What kind of roll do you want for that?

Make an Average Perception check.

Perception : 1eP+2eA+2eD 5 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-s-s.png d-th.png d-th.png

1 minute ago, MrTInce said:

Perception : 1eP+2eA+2eD 5 successes, 1 threat
p-s-a.png a-s-s.png a-s-s.png d-th.png d-th.png

For the 5 Successes, you can tell it is coming from the medbay, and consider the Perception check an Incidental. Take a Strain for the Threat. The sound is menacing.

Okay I'll move as far as I can towards the medbay but not open the door.

6 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Okay I'll move as far as I can towards the medbay but not open the door.

Medbay door is open, with the Bothan Doctor inside, Engaged with the patient (and the creature). You are only Short Range, so you may still take an Action, or enter the medbay.

Oh god, we're really gonna fight a Xenomorph... Good thing I didn't want to live past 30.

10 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Medbay door is open, with the Bothan Doctor inside, Engaged with the patient (and the creature). You are only Short Range, so you may still take an Action, or enter the medbay.

Maneuver to draw the baton and another (downgraded action) to move. Don't want to push my strain too much.

Perception : 2eA+2eD 2 failures, 1 advantage
a-a.png a-a.png d-f-f.png d-th.png
Well I don’t really see or hear anything. I’ll just move to the medbay from the cockpit as my turn as my character is unconcerned at the moment. That may change real fast though.

Edited by EnsignActual
On 12/11/2020 at 10:53 AM, Edgehawk said:

Initiative

• Charon 2s, 1a
  • Bonn’Uss 2s
  • Xenomorph 2s (Adv 1, Def 1)
  • Wesk 1s, 2a
  • Gren 0s, 3a
  • DT2-01O 0s, 2a

Starting with Wesk and Gren, you are all up before the morph acts again.

Charon and Bonn may act at the top of the next round, as soon as Wesk and Gren act. @Darth__Lego @nline39

Edited by Edgehawk

Wesk and Argo are gonna smack it. Like real hard. Like, blam , you got smacked.

Wesk takes 2 strain to double maneuver: Engage and Command Argo; Argo will Engage and Assist Wesk trying to get Mr. Krabs off Gren, then Wesk will smack it.

Are you feeling it now Mr. Krabs? : 3eP+2eB+2eF+1eC+1eD+1eS 2 successes, 2 advantage, 2 Light Side, 1 Dark Side
p-s-a.png p-s-a.png p-a.png b-s.png b-s-a.png f-ls-ls.png f-ds.png c-th.png d-f-f.png s-th.png

That's gonna be 7 (Non-Lethal) Damage and 2 Advantage to Crit, if possible.

EDIT: Also, forgot to ask: Did we heal anything since the last fight or are we still tracking last encounter's Strain and Wounds?

Edited by Darth__Lego
4 minutes ago, Darth__Lego said:

EDIT: Also, forgot to ask: Did we heal anything since the last fight or are we still tracking last encounter's Strain and Wounds?

Strain can reset, but the doctor has been preoccupied with trying to save the patient, so Wounds remain.

If you can Crit with 2 Advantage, go ahead and roll for it.

3 minutes ago, Edgehawk said:

Strain can reset, but the doctor has been preoccupied with trying to save the patient, so Wounds remain.

If you can Crit with 2 Advantage, go ahead and roll for it.

3 Ranks of Iron Body say yes to that crit!

Iron Body is a blessing (Critting) : 1d100 57

Agonizing Wound (57) : The target increases the difficulty of all Brawn and Agility checks by one until the end of the encounter.

Edited by Darth__Lego

Nice!

That might actually have been the best crit you could have applied

The only good crit is a crit of 151... Unless it's against me. Then the only good crit is a crit of 1.