Rise Against the Reach OOC

By Edgehawk, in Star Wars: Age of Rebellion Beginner Game

6 hours ago, EnsignActual said:

What check would it be to physically wrench open the imperial shuttle's door? If at all possible?

It should be Impossible to simply pull the hatch/landing down- would likely just break the latch or handle if enough force was applied... But with the Force, many things are possible. It’s not really Athletics or Brawl, but I will allow a straight Brawn check, provided the Enhance Control (Brawn increase) is used (Again, without the Force, this shouldn’t really be doable). Formidable Difficulty, which I will upgrade once, so 4eD+1eC.

@EnsignActual @Darth__Lego @AtariAssasin @MrTInce Let’s reset the Destiny Pool, so roll 1eF (1 force die) please. Also, Everyone roll Initiative!

I’ll start things off:

Destiny : 1eF 2 Dark Side
f-ds-ds.png

Good, good...

Initiative:

Initiative : 2eA 2 successes
a-s.png a-s.png

Destiny:

Destiny! : 1eF 2 Light Side
f-ls-ls.png

The force is with me...

Edited by MrTInce

Inititive : 3eA 2 successes, 1 advantage
a-a.png a--.png a-s-s.png

And that's initiative vigilance

Destiny : 1eF 2 Dark Side
f-ds-ds.png

Initiative, Vigilance : 1eA+1eP 3 successes, 1 advantage
a-s-s.png p-s-a.png

EDIT: By the way, I just realized I had left my response in a draft, but I posted it now. Should be happening right before initiative starts.

Edited by Darth__Lego

Charon succeeding on that check is just going to feed further into her ego...

Landing Pads Combat :

Okay! The original speaker is part of the pair on the left side of the ramp (fire team 1); there is another pair on the opposite side (fire team 2) The sniper has not been detected, as yet, assuming they are not bluffing.

Medium range for all but Charon, who is at Long range on an adjacent platform, performing her outrageous feat of strength.

edit to add: PCs may act in any order, when they occupy consecutive slots like this. I believe we may have lost @AtariAssasin , but perhaps he will turn up.

Edited by Edgehawk
Adding Hugo into lineup as NPC, for now.

Have the fire teams gone already?

16 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

Have the fire teams gone already?

Yes. That was their attacks at the top of the lineup, in the IC.

Noted down the 8 strain in my character sheet! (7 Stun Dam + 1 Dodge).

Not happy with their threats, though. Mess with the doggo, you get the- uh... Bolt straight through the chest. What're their ranges, so I may hurl my frisbee or blast them with my bowcaster?

10 minutes ago, Darth__Lego said:

What're their ranges, so I may hurl my frisbee or blast them with my bowcaster?

Everything is Medium range, except Charon at Long.

I would use my hat, but considering I'd be dealing like 5 damage, I'm gonna resort to my bowcaster. Any defenses or is it a straight 2 Difficulty roll? @Edgehawk

Edited by Darth__Lego
6 minutes ago, Darth__Lego said:

I would use my hat, but considering I'd be dealing like 5 damage, I'm gonna resort to my bowcaster. Any defenses or is it a straight 2 Difficulty roll? @Edgehawk

Sorry, thought I’d added that. They’re actually Adversary 1 and Defense 1, so 1eD+1eC+1eS. I’ll edit it into the roster.

Edited by Edgehawk

Maneuvering to draw, using an action to fire! : 4eA+1eD+1eC+1eS 0 successes, 1 threat
a-s.png a-s.png a--.png a-a.png d-th.png c-f-f.png s-th.png

The dice are fudged, I demand a recount. There's no way I could've failed a check that involves protecting my pet. In all seriousness, that's all I've got this round, I already took a huge hit to my strain, I'd rather not risk it too much right off the bat.

Just now, Darth__Lego said:

The dice are fudged, I demand a recount. There's no way I could've failed a check that involves protecting my pet.

For a Destiny flip, you can reroll the last green die (the Advantage), with a Proficiency die.

Just now, Edgehawk said:

For a Destiny flip, you can reroll the last green die (the Advantage), with a Proficiency die.

I like your funny words, magic man.

Flipping a token and rerolling : 1eP 1 success
p-s.png

That leaves me with 1 success, 2 threat. 10 Damage, Pierce 5 from my Kyuzo Bowcaster to the deceitful bastard that threatened my doggo.

@Edgehawk Is it my action to rip the door open, or did I do that before initiative started?

13 minutes ago, Darth__Lego said:

I like your funny words, magic man.

That leaves me with 1 success, 2 threat. 10 Damage, Pierce 5 from my Kyuzo Bowcaster to the deceitful bastard that threatened my doggo.

Would not always go for a reroll, but thought it would be appropriate here. Glad it worked out.

10 dmg, Pierce 5 leaves a mark, but they’re both still up. The one you struck (the speaker, without the helm?), appears to have been knocked back- he is using your 2 Threat as an instant free Maneuver to take Cover, ducking behind the bulkhead a bit.

7 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

@Edgehawk Is it my action to rip the door open, or did I do that before initiative started?

You can narrate ripping the door open in this current round. This would be on another landing platform, adjacent to the larger shuttle, and at Long range from it.

Alright, so once I rip it open, what do I see inside?

14 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

Alright, so once I rip it open, what do I see inside?

It is a wide boarding ramp, which makes it all the more impressive as you pull it down. Inside, at the top of the ramp, there are consoles on either side. A long central corridor leads aft, lined with crash seats. A few doors can be seen on either side, at intervals, between the crash seats.

So I can use a Maneuver to get to one of the doors on the right side then, and if I open it, will that be my action then? Or can I just make it to the nearest door.

13 minutes ago, EnsignActual said:

So I can use a Maneuver to get to one of the doors on the right side then, and if I open it, will that be my action then? Or can I just make it to the nearest door.

You can get to a door and open it. It is a troop berthing unit, with racks stacked three high. It will take further investigation to fully clear the room, if you wish, but you spy no activity from your vantage in the doorway.

Okay, Bonn'Uss will take out his blaster pistol for a maneuver, second to move to short range because I have a crappy gun and then shoot at the same group that Wesk shot at.

Shooting! : 3eA+1eC+1eD+2eS 1 success, 1 threat
a-a-a.png a-s.png a-s.png c-th-th.png d-th.png s-f.png s--.png

Some how he hits and we should ignore that purple because he is at short range not medium so no threat.

Total damage is 6...

22 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

Landing Pads Combat :

Fire team 2 is down to a single trooper. Sniper fire erupted from somewhere atop the cargo shuttle. I will handle the death trooper Actions at the top of the round shortly. I am treating Hugo as an NPC for this encounter, unless @AtariAssasin rejoins us.