R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Black One (2)

Han Solo (71)
Rey (14)

Tallissan Lintra (36)
Heroic (1)
Total: 195

Did you test them out at any tournaments?

12 hours ago, wurms said:

In my experienece with resistance earlier in the year, Han with Rey crew was just substantially better than Rey pilot cuz you use Reys ability from the turret arc. Once rey stops using that front arc, she is just an expensive yt1300. And during swarm matchups, etc. You dont want to just fly into certain death.

I think reys title needs to be like 1pt, yes, basically autoinclude, on this weaker falcon version with red rotates. And alot of resistance crew that is in the 6-9pt range needs to drop in price as they arent anywhere near as powerful as leia at 6pts. This can open up Rey builds.

I don't agree. I've played Han with Rey gunner...he's just a kiting 3-dice gun with a terrible, limiting dial. And the suggestions you're making on the price drops?....yikes. The core Rey some of us have been running is fundamentally, mechanically broken. I'm not sure where the point break is to make her really bad for the game, that there is a threshold where you would start seeing her everywhere and people would hate it.

We're allowed to have differing opinions, though. It's okay. ;)

Edited by gennataos
2 minutes ago, gennataos said:

The core Rey some of us have been running is fundamentally, mechanically broken.

Someone recently pointed out on Reddit that this seems to be the main characteristic of Resistance, to break game mechanics? I'm inclined to agree. Specifically, you really need to know the rules and how they apply. Rey with Korr Sella over a debris is an example.

2 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Someone recently pointed out on Reddit that this seems to be the main characteristic of Resistance, to break game mechanics? I'm inclined to agree. Specifically, you really need to know the rules and how they apply. Rey with Korr Sella over a debris is an example.

How so? I know Resistance deals with stress exceptionally well, but I'm not sure what else it breaks.

Seems like this is a difference which could be easily split:

• Han with Rey Gunner is a better ship at doing conventional turret things, but limited by the Scavenged YT-1300 being one of the weaker conventional turret platforms.
  • Rey with Finn Gunner is 6'5", over 300 pounds, and built like a truck, but only when she gets folks in front arc.

It's almost like Rey is what the Ghost was *meant* to be. Resistance Han is Rebel Han but worse and cheaper.

Edited by theBitterFig

Something I might try:

• Rey (Finn, Rose, Korr, Title) 103
  • Vi Moradi (unupgraded? Seasoned Navigator for 3?) 27
  • Nien Nunb (Heroic, Black One, Pattern Analyzer) 63
  • Up to 7 points for bid/upgrades

The standard Rey from the thread, a standard Nien Nunb, and Vi to scope out enemies. I'm sure it's not great, but Vi as a filler ship seems nifty.

22 hours ago, gennataos said:

How so? I know Resistance deals with stress exceptionally well, but I'm not sure what else it breaks.

Yes, it's mainly stress. The only other non-stress examples I can think of right now are Finn (which was fixed), Snap with Composure, as he's the only actually used composure carrier, and of course all the red maneuver things with Cova, R4, and Leia. Depends on how far you want to stretch the idea on "cleverly using rules", but arguably Reygunner+Heroic could be one, or the bomb shenanigans on some pilots, or the double coordinate with Nodin Chavdri and someone else to squeeze an extra action out.

I think the line between abusing rules, cleverly using rules, and obvious interactions is a bit more blurry and subjective than I thought for my previous post...

I might think about other lists for competitive play and leave this on for casual play.

Edited by Flurpy

Edit

Edited by gennataos
10 hours ago, gennataos said:

Order 66?

I hope not every force user gets hit for the sins of Vader ane Kenobi.

@gennataos

why not debris gambit?

1 minute ago, GreenDragoon said:

@gennataos

why not debris gambit?

I've actually looked at that but haven't tried it, primarily because it's not (currently) Hyperspace legal.

Working on the current assumption that Resistance Falcons won't be Hyperspace legal and the only thing on my competitive horizon being Adepticon in March, I've probably been saved from myself by not having Rey available.

Zizi with Heroic and Advanced Optics 45

Lulu with Heroic and Advanced Optics 48

Basic Thicc Rey 97

190 points

enough room left for bid/Stealth Device/Sense/whatever

Thicc Rey went down 6 points

Yeah my Rey went down 7 (I play Contrabands on her because why not), probably changing Greer for Zizi and call it a day.

The other Falcon pilots wow, 6 points down on Solo and 7 on generics...

With the basic Rey build down 6 points and lots of other solid options dropping as well, she looks promising.

You can fit 97 point Rey with Bastian and heroic + Leia Cova (both with jamming beams of course).

I also have no idea what build Kazuda ideally wants or how the fireball will fare in general, but I like Rey with Nien and a fireball. Take 3 big debris, Rey and Nien both don’t care at all. Cheap fireball filler may be that missing third piece to help in the damage race to get ships off the board quickly so they can’t take Rey apart.

Something I'm hoping to try out soon:

Rey (70)
Korr Sella (6)
Rose Tico (9)
Finn (10)
Stealth Device (4)
Rey's Millennium Falcon (2)

Ship total: 101 Half Points: 51 Threshold: 6

L'ulo L'ampar (43)
Heroic (1)
Crack Shot (1)

Ship total: 45 Half Points: 23 Threshold: 2

Kazuda Xiono (40)
Heroic (1)
R5 Astromech (4)
Kaz's Fireball (2)

Ship total: 47 Half Points: 24 Threshold: 3

Total: 193

Both Lulo and Kaz can consistently throw 3/4-dice attacks if the enemy focuses on chasing Rey. Neither is as durable as a T-70, but I'm hoping this helps them draw more aggro (which is the best thing Rey's wingmen can do for her), and both have the tools to lead enemy ships on a merry chase for a good long time.

Hi all,

First time poster here so be gentle!

I just wanted to say how impressed I was with the detailed discussion within this thread and it has truly inspired to also try and solve this puzzle.

I flew Rey (97) with contraband (which after fully reading the thread was the wrong choice) with Lulo and Zizi with Heroic/Optics/Crackshots on both.

I want to start by saying Rey was just simply mindblowing!!!! I am totally hooked on this build but will add stealth device from now on! I found Lulo and Zizi quite underwhelming (I forgot heroic several times) which didn't help but I reckon with practice I could do better. The a's just didn't do any damage even with their loadout. Zizi's ability was pretty useless as of higher initiative against the First order list I flew against! However I do feel that the list mention by @bitsai could be a useful.

Are they any T-70 or fireball builds which could be good? I was tempting to try the Cova Nell, R4, Leia support build but I think it's overkill to be honest! I will fly this list in my extended league we have at our local club but not settled on the wingmen. Poe is definitely not for me I am afraid.

Any help appreciated

6 hours ago, bitsai said:

Something I'm hoping to try out soon:

Rey (70)
Korr Sella (6)
Rose Tico (9)
Finn (10)
Stealth Device (4)
Rey's Millennium Falcon (2)

Ship total: 101 Half Points: 51 Threshold: 6

L'ulo L'ampar (43)
Heroic (1)
Crack Shot (1)

Ship total: 45 Half Points: 23 Threshold: 2

Kazuda Xiono (40)
Heroic (1)
R5 Astromech (4)
Kaz's Fireball (2)

Ship total: 47 Half Points: 24 Threshold: 3

Total: 193

Both Lulo and Kaz can consistently throw 3/4-dice attacks if the enemy focuses on chasing Rey. Neither is as durable as a T-70, but I'm hoping this helps them draw more aggro (which is the best thing Rey's wingmen can do for her), and both have the tools to lead enemy ships on a merry chase for a good long time.

It might be worth it to do a 5 point bid and throw on Coaxium on Kaz, if he ever needs to desperately Slam. It's also personal preference but I would prefer R1 on Kaz for possible actionless repairs.

...though that thinking can run you down the path of Kaz being too bloated.

Rey 3 (70) Rey [Scavenged YT-1300] (6) Korr Sella (10) Finn (2) Rey's Millennium Falcon Points: 88

(43) L'ulo L'ampar [RZ-2 A-wing] (1) Heroic Points: 44

(26) Colossus Station Mechanic [Fireball] Points: 26

(40) Zizi Tlo [RZ-2 A-wing] (1) Heroic (1) Crack Shot Points: 42 Total points: 200

You can get 3 ships with her now. Mot sure how competitive it is but should be fun to fly.

Hi @mattcogg81 and welcome to the Resistance. I suggest these two threads as well if you want to dive in deeper.

You'll notice the same people rotating in and out of all three threads :D

As Fireballs go I noticed you can easily fit 3 Fireballs with Thicc Rey. Might be interesting to try out.

For example 97 Rey + 3x Collosus Station Mechanic with R4 and Advanced SLAM is 190 so you can really play around with points.

Thanks all and appreciate the welcome!

I am 95% going to UK System open and I don't think Fireball would be legal for then. I am going to take Rey (101 - SD) and 99pts of something else! I'm going to fly Rey and 2 A's probably at league night Thursday and see how I get on!

So if you were going to a tournament tomorrow what would be your build?

I don't know why but I feel drawn to a Star fortress - however I feel that is a terrible idea.

18 minutes ago, mattcogg81 said:

Thanks all and appreciate the welcome!

I am 95% going to UK System open and I don't think Fireball would be legal for then. I am going to take Rey (101 - SD) and 99pts of something else! I'm going to fly Rey and 2 A's probably at league night Thursday and see how I get on!

So if you were going to a tournament tomorrow what would be your build?

I don't know why but I feel drawn to a Star fortress - however I feel that is a terrible idea.

If I'm not mistaken, the System Open will be Hyperspace format, so the Resistance Falcon (nor the Starfortress) will be legal. :(

Sorry I meant for the extendend format on the Sunday - I doubt I will make Day 2 in the hyperspace setup!

18 hours ago, mattcogg81 said:

Sorry I meant for the extendend format on the Sunday - I doubt I will make Day 2 in the hyperspace setup!

Yeah I am also going to the UK System Open, so I might be flying Thicc Rey on Sunday as well, just need to decide on her wingmates.

2 hours ago, Flurpy said:

Yeah I am also going to the UK System Open, so I might be flying Thicc Rey on Sunday as well, just need to decide on her wingmates.

Man, Kaz and Zizi seem so good.

Rey (70)
Heightened Perception (3)
Korr Sella (6)
Rose Tico (9)
Finn (10)
Rey’s Millennium Falcon (2)

Zizi Tlo (40)
Heroic (1)
Advanced Optics (4)

Kazuda Xiono (40)
Heroic (1)