Finding Rey a wing-man for the prom

By Flurpy, in X-Wing Squad Lists

Right then. Inspired by the recent discussion over at the endless thread Carolina Krayts is the best X-Wing podcast, I decided to open up a general topic that covers all things Rey. The intention of this thread is to open up as many venues of discussion as possible, since I am personally not good enough of a player to teach other people, but if there is a thread with more targeted questions and ideas then maybe people will join in.

That being said. Here are some thoughts and links, I am not really an organized person so apologies for flowing into different topics at times, Ill try to keep it somewhat neat.

List Fortress

Rey is currently sitting at the dreadfully average position of 84 on MetaWing. Scanning over the notable squadrons, Rey has never placed significantly at a major tournament. The highest placement at a large scale tournament is this:

https://meta.listfortress.com/ship_combos/1053?

This tells us that either Rey isn't viable for high end play or she is just not flown enough for her to unlock her full potential. Judging by the low number of appearances in general, I am hoping that its more due to her not being flown in general. I read a excellent post recently about the viability of non-meta lists so ill just drop it here. It debates the merits of flying off meta and lists that are just non viable. One of the things I would like to see if Rey fits into the under-flown or under-performing category

The Build

One of the consensuses I have noticed so far is that there is a "correct" basic Rey to use. That basic is Rey with Korr, Finn, Rose and Rey's Falcon at 103 points. Here are two excellent posts from the Krayst thread detailing the use of the basic Rey:

Some further discussion that could be interesting is on filling up the rest of the build. Most commonly mentioned are Stealth Device , Contraband Cybernetics and Heightened Perception . In addition to those I feel like Sense is overlooked in this build due Rey really preferring to have an enemy in the front arc for as much as humanely possible . With that being said I am open to any and all discussion about the 4 upgrades already mentioned and if anything else is missing from the upgrade list.

Wing-men

This to me is the centerpiece of the discussion and the reason we do not see enough of Rey. Her point cost combined with the faction she is in puts her in a difficult position. Resistance doesn't have a throwaway cheap ship other than Heroic Finn that could slot in as a third ship in this list, leaving only the option of either a fat teammate as well or two low cost ships. Here are some combinations I tried and some quick thoughts. All lists assume the fattest Rey at 115 points.

Greer/Tallie

Both with Heroic and Advanced Optics. This is the closest I think we have to a "correct" setup. Both of the ships are fast enough and agile enough to keep up with Rey while still maintaining a good position against the enemy. Greer continues to prove to be the most consistent A-Wing and her ability greatly decreases the difficulty of flying an A-Wing. Tallies ability while hard to setup increases Reys defensive setup to a point of absurdity. A Stealth Device, front arc Tallie enhanced Rey can take a single modded Photon Torpedo and realistically expect no damage to punch through.

Tallie/Lulo

Exchanging Greer dependency for additional punching power. This feels like a list with a higher ceiling than the Greer one but also a lower floor. If points drop enough for Advanced Optics to fit on Lulo in this version, it might replace Greer as the default option.

Poe

Fully committing to a two ship build. I do not like it. The main issue I have always found with Poe is his time on target compared to Rey and the A-Wings, the A-Wings turret allows for the entire squad to run away while still shooting, something Poe cant do. This lists probably eats aces for lunch and dinner but struggles more against swarms and beef.

Pava/X-Wing/Some variation of Beef

Again something that I do not agree with, feels like adding training wheels to the list to balance out Rey. Someone correctly described Resistance Beef as a High Floor/Low Ceiling list and I agree. I think going this route only stops you from not going 1-5 in a tournament but it also stops you from going 5-1.

Star Fortress

I use this one for casual night to entertain new players. But I do have to admit it is fun. Maybe in a world where both Rey and Star Fortress drop a ton of points to the point some kind of InVennicble + Rey build fits.

Han

My personal dark horse. Han with Lone Wolf and GA-97. No deployment. You might not win a tournament, but I guarantee nobody will be prepared for you. This comes back to the non meta/non viable discussion. Biggest problem with this list is placing Han correctly and planning out the engagement before Rey arrives. This is something I would like to see what other people think.

Obstacle Choice

Three of the big debris.This I feel is the least debatable thing here. Now that I think about it Rey does feel like Super Dash. Which explains why I am trying so hard to make her happen. My God that Dash was perfect.

Good Match Ups

(not sure, would like input here to fill in as I go)

Bad Match Ups

(not sure, would like input here to fill in as I go)

The Plan

The plan is simple. I have 10 months to the next Worlds. I have my ticket so I get to be stupid for the rest of the year(not to imply I am not stupid otherwise). I have decided to fly Rey at Worlds, the fat Rey is the first large base ship since Super Dash that makes me happy. I am in a position in my life where I am privileged to have enough disposable income to have an X-Wing travel budget. For now my schedule is:

January: Hungarian Nationals if they announce them, otherwise local tournament

February: UK SO

May: Italian SO

I will update as tournaments are announced, and of course post here with new thought and reports. And now I turn the mic to the crowd.

*crickets*

With Episode 9 just around the corner, I've been trying to figure out Resistance lists featuring Rey and as many other movie characters as I can make work. If you drop Rey down to just Korr Sella + title (IMHO the minimum viable Rey), these two lists become possible:

Poe Dameron (68)
Heroic (1)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Black One (2)

Ship total: 73 Half Points: 37 Threshold: 4

Rey (73)
Korr Sella (6)
Rey's Millennium Falcon (5)

Ship total: 84 Half Points: 42 Threshold: 6

Finn (29)
Heroic (1)
Pattern Analyzer (5)
Perceptive Copilot (8)

Ship total: 43 Half Points: 22 Threshold: 2

Total: 200

--

Poe Dameron (68)
Heroic (1)
R4 Astromech (2)
Integrated S-Foils (0)
Black One (2)

Ship total: 73 Half Points: 37 Threshold: 4

Rey (73)
Korr Sella (6)
Rey's Millennium Falcon (5)

Ship total: 84 Half Points: 42 Threshold: 6

Tallissan Lintra (36)
Heroic (1)
Crack Shot (1)
Advanced Optics (4)

Ship total: 42 Half Points: 21 Threshold: 2

Total: 199

--

Both lists add a 3rd solid Resistance ship with known good load-outs. Are they better lists, and more importantly, is it worth losing the fun Finn+Rose shenanigans from Rey? I'm not sure.

46 minutes ago, Flurpy said:

Wing-men

Greer/Tallie

I think this version finds it difficult to punch through enough damage. These A-Wings can't protect Rey very well and probably can't close out games reliably.

Tallie/Lulo

Probably my favorite version. I believe people have over-corrected on L'ulo.

Poe

I want to believe, but it's a struggle.

Pava/X-Wing/Some variation of Beef

I say no, super no.

Star Fortress

*giggle*

Han

I've not tried it, it seems really cool and fun, but it seems like it could easily get caught and melt.

Obstacle Choice

DEBRIS ARE THE CLOUDS FOR REY.

Good Match Ups

2-3 ship ace lists.

Bad Match Ups

Swarms and a lists with a lot of beef to chew through. Rey can dodge arcs for a while, but eventually she'll get caught in a bad exchange.

I've run that basic Rey build for a while. Tried fat Poe, but just couldn't make him work against Beef. Tried a slightly fatter Rey with a pair of souped-up generic A's. Tried with two generic T-70's. Still not satisfied. Tried with a Starfortress and it just sucked hot space-gas. I ran Rey in a massive Aces High, and she was ******* amazing. I reckon the A-Wings are probably the right way to go, just need more reps? Maybe Tallie/Lulo? I've looked at Rey/Han, and I like the look of it, but I've not yet tried. It sounds a giggle. I think, though, it may all depend on what drops after Ep.9 for her best wingmate(s).

3 minutes ago, Kleeg005 said:

I ran Rey in a massive Aces High, and she was ******* amazing.

Tangent, but yes. Rey is not to be triffled with in Aces High, especially with Heightened Perception.

Have you tried an extremely lean Rey, with three other ships?

Rey (73)
Rey's Falcon Title (5)

Nien (55)

Greer (36)

Finn (29)

This leaves you two points. My thinking would be Crack shot on Nien, and Heroic on Greer.

I believe Rey is still really good, especially if the rest of your build is taking a lot of the heat off of her.

If I understood @Flurpy correctly, the idea is to keep the base Rey fixed at 103 points with the mentioned upgrades and start from there. Adding is fine, but those upgrades stay. Other ideas also might work, but that is not the goal here

1 hour ago, underling said:

Have you tried an extremely lean Rey, with three other ships?

Rey (73)
Rey's Falcon Title (5)

Nien (55)

Greer (36)

Finn (29)

This leaves you two points. My thinking would be Crack shot on Nien, and Heroic on Greer.

I believe Rey is still really good, especially if the rest of your build is taking a lot of the heat off of her.

She’s just...a gun at that point. I’d probably rather take another T-70 in that squad.

7 hours ago, gennataos said:

She’s just...a gun at that point. I’d probably rather take another T-70 in that squad.

Yeah I agree, for 78 points I would rather field Poe, PA Nien or even Leia Cova, and all of those are significantly cheaper.

I know 2.0 has been "no upgrades, all the time" but Rey like Hacthetman and a couple of others only gets good fully loaded with upgrades.

I agree on gennatos: tallie and Greer don't bring enough punch to be worth it.

Rey likes to have a wingman who can take some heat off from her. Bastian is good at that because many players see his ability and ps2 and make him kind of a biggs. He's also the best t70 pilot for his price.

The issue with him is that if you bring Bastian you need a third ship with higher or same ps than him and there aren't many good around that fits... I played with pava but she ain't good. However, with rey pava and Bastian you have a very good alpha since all ships could shoot with double mods which is something not very common now.

Pava is bad thought... While I prefer double t70s than double As, I found both lacking.

Lulo is also another biggs like pilot while also bringing ps 5. He's pretty frail and costly thought.

What I would like to explore more is playing rey with cova leia: Rey with coordinate support is good as is good to occasionally doing white loops. Cova is also nice against aces with her amazing dial.

The issue again is what the **** to play along with her since only awing fits...

Yeah the more I think about it, the more I agree Greer/Tallie dont hit hard enough. On the other hand I am not sold on anything other than A-Wings for her wing-man, other than maybe Han. Rey doesnt have trouble with aces, what she has trouble with is Beef and Swarms, something where you need the A-Wings speed and agility. I am not sure whats the point of Cova or Bastian when you are facing a Sear Swarm for example. Rey needs to run for the entire match up there and Bastian and Cova wont be able to follow her. That being said this one fits at 200:

Basic Rey with Sense and Stealth Device 112

Tallie with Heroic and Proton Rockets 44

Lulo with Heroic 44

No dependability of Greer and Advanced Optics. You live and die by your ability to out-fly your opponent. And it hits significantly harder than Tallie/Greer.

It's interesting that in my experience, having played much more t70s than As, I had a much easier time against beef than aces (especially if they bring sense and take initiative, it happened only once to me, but it's basically game over when you face an inq moving after you while knowing your dial. That's not what the large majority of sense aces do thought)

I don't think that rey has the capacity to outrun a properly played sear swarm, that's one of the reason I don't think rey it's viable right now

So after running Rey+Tallie+Nien to win my way into worlds in the LCQ, then sputter out to a break even finish on day 1; here's what I've been working on:

Poe Dameron (68) Heroic (1) R4 Astromech (2) Integrated S-Foils (0) Black One (2) Autoblasters (2)

Ship total: 75 Half Points: 38 Threshold: 4

Rey (73) Engine Upgrade (7)

Ship total: 80 Half Points: 40 Threshold: 6

Greer Sonnel (36) Heroic (1) Crack Shot (1) Advanced Optics (4)

Ship total: 42 Half Points: 21 Threshold: 2 Total: 197

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZsZ200Z231X172W5WW175WW171W232Y244XWWWWWW107WY270X172W116WW186&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

I found that using Rey's ability offensively is a trap, with 11hp you just burn down too quickly and with that many points on her she's a prime target. However, using her two force points as a regular focus token with the arcs to the side and suddenly she's just as effective as Rebel Lando while also being situationally tankier.

Greer just does Greer things, harassing and chipping damage in after tokens are stripped. I'm still not sold as to whether his ability is more valuable than the movement flexibility that Tallie offers, as well as potential token spending decisions if she shoots before Rey; but that's what nearly a year of testing is for, right?

Poe is your Dire Rabbit of Caer Bannog; depending on the list across from you you can either set him up to be chased or flank, and with his ability getting 4 dice autoblasters isn't that hard against most of the field. You certainly have to play him squirrellier than the Nien he replaces though, as losing out on r2 astromech means no screwing your opponents out of- I mean resecuring your lost points.

17 hours ago, Sunitsa said:

I don't think that rey has the capacity to outrun a properly played sear swarm, that's one of the reason I don't think rey it's viable right now

I agree that it's an uphill climb (likely very steep), but I don't think it's impossible. She needs to live long enough to get her wingmates to an end game they can win, I'm just not sure where that line is yet.

16 hours ago, Nyxen said:

I found that using Rey's ability offensively is a trap, with 11hp you just burn down too quickly and with that many points on her she's a prime target.

I don't agree, but I can see why people would feel that way.

11 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I don't agree, but I can see why people would feel that way.

I should clarify: you really don't want the arc forward to start the game. The positioning value you get from the side arc is usually much greater than the extra hit. The dial is bad enough that you don't really want to be tied to blues, so you don't want to rotate or boost without Engine Upgrade. But once ships start dropping and the amount of dice coming in on any given turn drops, turning to the front and dropping 3-4 consistent hits is great. Also, the defensive side of the ability is not turret dependent.

• Rey: Finn (Gunner), Hull Upgrade
  • Blue Squadron Recruit: Heroic, Advanced Optics

For a total of 200 points. You get somewhat thin Rey who can be quite pesky, if you fly her right. And three blockers and very statistics loving bunch of A-Wings who are just great at chipping down at the enemy forces. Key would be, to keep Rey a little towards the back, as to ensure she has enemies in the front arc.

3 hours ago, Nyxen said:

I should clarify: you really don't want the arc forward to start the game. The positioning value you get from the side arc is usually much greater than the extra hit. The dial is bad enough that you don't really want to be tied to blues, so you don't want to rotate or boost without Engine Upgrade. But once ships start dropping and the amount of dice coming in on any given turn drops, turning to the front and dropping 3-4 consistent hits is great. Also, the defensive side of the ability is not turret dependent.

The reasons you described here is exactly why I think Korr Sella and the Title are mandatory to making Rey work, they solve most of your problems.

Leia (maybe elsewhere) can kind of make a go of it. I had a friend doing a boost from a Transport into a S-Loop and that got kinda nasty. Variance broke my way and I had everyone alive at 1 HP, but still.

However, Korr Sella and Title are a lot cheaper and self-contained. A Leia transport can easily be effective, but it's got limitations.

8 hours ago, Nyxen said:

I think you and I are playing Rey with different approaches. To each their own.

To be more clear, I don't think there's necessarily a correct way to play Rey. I definitely have my opinion, but I don't want to see the thread devolve into a series of "you're doing it wrong" posts with a bunch of anecdotal match-ups examples along with random math that supports a given side. Truly, to each their own.

I've tried 3 games now, with largely this list or a small variation (e.g. heroic/marksmanship/crackshot, autoblasters/HLC/nothing, heightened perception/sense, ferrosphere paint or nothing):

• Rey (73) , Heightened Perception (3) , Korr Sella (6) , Rose Tico (9) , Finn (10) , Contraband Cybernetics (3) , Stealth Device (4) , Rey’s Millennium Falcon (5)
  • Poe Dameron (68) , Marksmanship(1) , R4 Astromech (2) , Afterburners (6) , Integrated S-Foils (0) , Black One (2) , Autoblasters (2)

Total: 194-200
View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Some things I've noticed:

On Rey:

• I boosted a lot with Rey, often going to 2-3 stress tokens;
  • Related, I dearly miss blue 1banks;
  • Related, I don't think contraband cybernetics is that useful. Not sure if a bid would be better, or Sense, or other things
  • Rose is enough to get a lock in most situations;
  • Stealth device seems to be worth it, even though I lost it twice in the first round of shots;
  • Rey hits like a truck;
  • Don't forget to check the front arc even if you shoot out the sides...;
  • I tended to play her very aggressively, spending the force mainly on offense;
  • Related, 11 HP are not much...;

On Poe:

• About the build:
    • Afterburners are great;
    • Ferrosphere paint was great against Jedi!;
    • Not sure on the EPT and Cannon.
      • HLC can be nice for that range 3 shot, but hard to line up. Autoblaster/Marksmanship is not really necessary because strong green dice are overwhelmed by Rey and her numerous reds. Maybe...nothing?
      • Crackshot is always amazing. Lone wolf could be good choice for the late game? Heroic is... questionable here. Alternatives include predator, elusive, trickshot and even outmaneuver.
  • I tended to use afterburners offensively and black one defensively;
  • 7 HP are not that much. One whiff and you can lose 3-4. That hurts!

Generally:

• both ships are very fast and will surprise your opponents
  • only 2 ships means every turn counts and you need to take shots -> Time on Target is crucial!
    • Rey can sacrifice offense for ToT, but Poe is more limited -> frequently closed sfoils -> think about a hardpoint upgrade to compensate (concussion/ion/plasmas?)
  • the shots have to be on the right targets -> Understanding of your opponent's list!
  • As such, the list is not very forgiving

edit: possible alternative that I'll try next looks like this

Edited by GreenDragoon
1 hour ago, GreenDragoon said:

Some things I've noticed:

On Rey:

• I boosted a lot with Rey, often going to 2-3 stress tokens;
    • I think that would be pretty common, particularly early on. The more you play her, the less you'll boost. Prioritize position for boost decisions, not shots. Also, getting that stressed is common and probably points to you doing something correct.
  • Related, I dearly miss blue 1banks;
    • I think that would also be common early on. If you're like me, you'll morph into appreciating the 2-banks to jump over/past stuff, land over/on debris, etc.
  • Related, I don't think contraband cybernetics is that useful. Not sure if a bid would be better, or Sense, or other things
    • Agreed. I think Contraband Cybernetics is redundant.
  • Rose is enough to get a lock in most situations;
    • Agreed.
  • Stealth device seems to be worth it, even though I lost it twice in the first round of shots;
    • I think so, too. It just depends on what else you want in the list and/or if you can find a means by which to take heat off her.
  • Rey hits like a truck;
    • Yup.
  • Don't forget to check the front arc even if you shoot out the sides...;
    • Funny and cheeky when it happens.
  • I tended to play her very aggressively, spending the force mainly on offense;
    • I'm not sure what the right choice is...I guess it depends on incoming fire. I tend to go aggressive as well.
  • Related, 11 HP are not much...;
    • It feels like she's spiraling downhill immediately after losing her shields. It becomes a "get in or get out" situation in my head.

On Poe:

• About the build:
    • Afterburners are great;
      • Not tried it yet, but I'd probably agree.
    • Ferrosphere paint was great against Jedi!;
      • That's why @DarkArk used it, because his area meta was Jedi-heavy.
    • Not sure on the EPT and Cannon.
      • HLC can be nice for that range 3 shot, but hard to line up. Autoblaster/Marksmanship is not really necessary because strong green dice are overwhelmed by Rey and her numerous reds. Maybe...nothing?
        • I think HLC is the "most" correct choice. 2-ship needs to punch hard.
      • Crackshot is always amazing. Lone wolf could be good choice for the late game? Heroic is... questionable here. Alternatives include predator, elusive, trickshot and even outmaneuver.
        • I've tried Lone Wolf (meh), Predator (really like it) and Heroic (current default while also using HLC). I like Heroic to keep the focus for defense with some level of confidence I'll get at least one evade. Lone Wolf didn't feel like it did much. I really like Predator to avoid taking locks along with a focus, but HLC + single mod does more damage than primary + lock/focus, so I skip Predator while running HLC.
  • I tended to use afterburners offensively and black one defensively;
    • It's sure match-up dependent, but I think I've been doing it wrong, using Black One defensively. I'm waiting to get trapped and use it to get out of jail. I'm starting to use it early for a bully position, which prevents me from getting trapped in the first place.
  • 7 HP are not that much. One whiff and you can lose 3-4. That hurts!
    • Yup, thus why my confirmation bias keeps leading me back to Heroic. Blanking out, with a focus and no Heroic on a platform that can take Heroic feels so **** bad to me.

Generally:

• both ships are very fast and will surprise your opponents
    • Most people aren't used to the speed of large base boost. And virtually no one expects a 4-forward->SLAM into 4-forward-> boost. (shooting that turn is probably a trap, but positionally might still be fine)
  • only 2 ships means every turn counts and you need to take shots -> Time on Target is crucial!
    • Rey can sacrifice offense for ToT, but Poe is more limited -> frequently closed sfoils -> think about a hardpoint upgrade to compensate (concussion/ion/plasmas?)
      • I think it's more about they need to make favorable trades. Rey can actually afford a bad engagement if she gets a positional advantage afterwards. Poe?....man, I don't know. He can so easily fall into a position of being bullied. He's 100% the weak link, IMO.
  • the shots have to be on the right targets -> Understanding of your opponent's list!
    • 100000% All the percents.
  • As such, the list is not very forgiving
    • If there were percents left over, they'd go here.

edit: possible alternative that I'll try next looks like this

• I'd be curious how Engine would work for you. I think Korr and title are more than enough and that, over time, you'll mitigate that compulsion to boost some. I'm also curious about Sense. I've thought about it, but I consider aces my best match-up without it. I just try to put Rey in a position where if an ace is shooting Rey, she's shooting them as well and/or Poe has her back.

See above. I'm super glad to have @GreenDragoon involved!

Edited by gennataos

@gennataos

I have to admit, it's hard not to fall into the list building discussion trap. Going there anyway as I haven't played a new game, two questions:

1. What about Pattern Analyzer on Poe? Eventually I find him doing red moves. It feels like I should not have to, the 2hard+boost for 135° should often be enough. But maybe the 5pts into PA would be well advised?
  2. Have you thought about missiles on Rey? At first it sounds silly to me, but... I'm thinking that a) covering 270° is awesome, and b) a cheap missile like e.g. ions helps both ships to ensure a follow up shot which is really valuable here. And Rey turns ion missiles into 4dice ion torpedoes. Plus, she should have a really easy time getting that lock.

Could be just as much worth it as contraband, and I can get the remaining point from Ferrosphere->PA and going back from EU to stealth device. Hmmm

Really appreciate the comments, especially on boosting!

2 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

What about Pattern Analyzer on Poe? Eventually I find him doing red moves. It feels like I should not have to, the 2hard+boost for 135° should often be enough. But maybe the 5pts into PA would be well advised?

I play my BB-8/Primed Thrusters Poe, so its hard for me to say because I can already repositon after a red and double reposition if I REALLY need to as well. I think if R4 Poe is doing a red, it's 100% about positional advantage while also being safe from shots, so I don't know if having an action available to him means a ton. Same is applicable for my Poe, for the most part, but he can sometimes be a bit more aggressive.

5 minutes ago, GreenDragoon said:

Have you thought about missiles on Rey? At first it sounds silly to me, but... I'm thinking that a) covering 270° is awesome, and b) a cheap missile like e.g. ions helps both ships to ensure a follow up shot which is really valuable here. And Rey turns ion missiles into 4dice ion torpedoes. Plus, she should have a really easy time getting that lock.

I have thought about it, but I think if thicc Rey is moving her arc to the sides very much, she's doing it wrong. I don't like Ion on her because she needs to just slug stuff in the face. Also, the additional Finn die only works on Primary attacks.

4 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I play my BB-8/Primed Thrusters Poe, so its hard for me to say because I can already repositon after a red and double reposition if I REALLY need to as well. I think if R4 Poe is doing a red, it's 100% about positional advantage while also being safe from shots, so I don't know if having an action available to him means a ton. Same is applicable for my Poe, for the most part, but he can sometimes be a bit more aggressive.

That makes sense. It's all about the positioning. Weighing ferrosphere against PA+red maneuver: both are in a way about positioning. Ferrospherepaint can close the dial (or prevents that valuable lock, allowing Poe to be just a tad more aggressive), while PA+red is more direct about the positioning.
I play him wrong. I had this huge aversion against red moves until I played the big deal list. Now I am a bit over correcting because those T70s did not mind. Poe, of course, does. He is an ace after all. But I play him a bit too jousty, that's probably where my question comes from.

8 minutes ago, gennataos said:

I have thought about it, but I think if thicc Rey is moving her arc to the sides very much, she's doing it wrong. I don't like Ion on her because she needs to just slug stuff in the face. Also, the additional Finn die only works on Primary attacks.

Oh. Duh. Didn't read/remember that because I had never considered missiles on Rey before. I agree with the side arc. One game I rotated to finish off limping Mace (already had a lock), and that was worth it. But I think that was the only rotate so far. Interestingly, I didn't have to rotate back in that game and instead had it happen several times that the target was in both front and side arcs...

I'll definitely report back when I got a new game in!