Kandosii Beroya'se IC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Have it your way! I'll go first. He takes a couple steps into the closet. Are you coming or not?

Almost a collective sigh goes through the shared comlink as they follow, weapons ready. Kara muttering some nursery story under her breath..

Shut the door behind you. and put down that sword and those carbines! They won't let you in if you've got those. Are you expecting many Mythosaurs?

They reluctantly lower their weapons...

Aruetii, we are mythosaurs. Cade says over the link.

He grunts his approval at you, and then the wall opposite the entrance slides open to reveal a small, dimly lit, antechamber with large, engraved doors on the opposite wall. In front of those doors is a Pyke at a desk, like a receptionist. Who are you, and what is your business? The one who brought you looks like he's about to say something, but then glances at you and stops himself.

We have a lucrative business opportunity for Tomax Kasra.

He leaned his head to the side and looked at you, Very well, I must request that you remove your helmets and leave them here, he gestures to a small closet with a coat rack and shelves, If you are to do business, you faces should be visible, don't you think?

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Four helmets tilt slightly.

Would you have a Kel Dor remove their mask in an oxygen rich environment? Cade asked. When business is concerned, this is our face.

Kara shakes her head. This organization is clearly negligent in their cultural sensitivity training...

Perhaps this was a mistake bringing this proposal here... Darien added..

Falmok nodded agreement, Yes, perhaps another organization?

It is not our job to be "culturally sensitive," and you won't die if you take yours off.

A compromise then, keep your helmets with you, but whoever is talking to Kasra must remove their helmet.

Cade stared at the Pyke for a moment, before removing his helmet and tucking it under his arm, turning to Darien. Make a note in the report about ... .he turned back to the Pyke what was your name?

I am the spokesperson, I do not need a name. I represent the Pyke Syndicate. That is all you need to know.

Cade narrowed his eyes.. then turned back to Darien. ...That apparently the Pyke Syndicate itself , Cade returned to look at the Pyke And not some unnamed d'kutla hut'uun chose to offend their guests.

Darein nodded.. Noted.

Apparently satisfied, Cade turned to the doors and waited for them to open.

The Pyke who brought you recedes through the coat closet, and "the Spokesman" take over the guide role. He opens the doors to reveal a large, dimly lit, cavernous room with a smoky haze descending on everything. There are a variety of being of various species in varying states of consciousness lying on couches or in booths, often with pipes or other methods of consuming spice. There is a large throne-like chair at the far end of the room with a small table in front of it. At that table are four seats, but only one is occupied: a Pyke is reclined in the chair with a datapad and a spliff. He looks up as you enter. Spokesman, who are these Mandalorians? The spokesman replies, They did not give their names, sir, but they declared that they have a lucrative offer for you. The Pyke replies, Very well, you may go. He then turns to you, So... what is this "lucrative offer" I hear so much about?

Cade hesitantly starts to move forward to speak, when Darien stops him, It's ok ner'vod, put your bucket on.. he says, taking off his own and striding forward. You are Tomax Kasra, correct?

Yes, I am.

Good, We are here to offer you this; We would like you to give us the location of Dax Tarrk. In exchange, you get to step into his position, and as long as you keep your head down, you should do fine.

Ha ha ha... That's your offer? And why would you offer me this?

Darien and the others come as close as ten feet away from Kasra. Because Tarrk did a silly thing, he got noticed, which means the Pyke Syndicate got noticed. Someone very powerful noticed, and its gotten a bit personal ... This person wants us to bring him Tarrk, if we don't I'm afraid this powerful benefactor will send a lot more than four humble bounty hunters. We just want to make this easy for everyone. We're happy, our benefactor is happy, and you can be happy.. And by extension, the Syndicate is happy to be out of the spotlight, and free to operate as before...

He gives a relaxed smile as he leans back in his chair, Well, when you put it like that... protecting the syndicate. Hmm... He pulls a small electronic screen out of his pocket and hands it to you, I'm afraid I can't help you, betraying one of our own isn't how we operate. He chuckles and says, don't mess with the Pykes... ever again. He winks and goes back to his spliff.

Darien takes the device, examining it for a moment, then raises it in salute. This is only business, nothing personal.. and we've never met, so how could you betray anyone?

Darien turns and puts his helmet back on, leading the group from the chamber.

Over the private comms and silent to the outside world Kara smirked, Ke nu'jurkadir sha Mando'ade.....

He chuckles again as you turn away...

Cade pauses, nods and taps his thumb twice on his thigh plate... and follows the rest out of the chamber. I don't like that laugh, Dar'ika.. Cade says over the private comm channel.

Edited by RuusMarev

Might have been the spice, might have been something we don't know. Bat gar aran.

As they collected their weapons, and headed through the secret entrance, Cade paused and addressed the reception Pyke. You know... it wouldn't hurt to be more sensitive to other cultures. Cade shrugged at the blank stare. Food for thought.

As he exited, he was met by Kara, I'm not mad, or anything... but are you trying to start something?

Cade looked at the closet, Not really... they just rub me wrong.. he ushered her towards the bar's exit, But it doesn't hurt to educate beings about mando culture... might save their life one day...

Falmok gave a gravely chuckle, Not if they die during their education...

Price of enlightenment ner'vod..

Once they were back aboard the ship, the team examined the data that Kasra gave them..

Kara looked over Darien's shoulder, What's it say?