Kandosii Beroya'se IC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Darien chuckles, "Sure, I think a tour is in order. Not much to show though." They file into the ship and Darien shows Jen a few points of interest. "Those are the engine rooms. Maya set up a makeshift workshop in the starboard engine room. She's since taken out her tools, but it should still be ready for you to move in. Just here," he gestures a little further down the cargo bay, "are the repurposed cells."

She follows him up the ladder to the main deck where he points out the common room, galley, 'freshers, bunks, and escape pods. "They only have enough room for six, but we don't intend to get spaced any time soon. This is your room down here, it was just vacated by Maya." He points Jen to the room Maya had shared with Ge'tal. "'fraid we don't have an armory. Stow your gear in your quarters and hope no grenades detonate." He winks, then slips on his helmet. "And when you're settled in, come to the common room and we'll see what job Green has for us. Cockpit isn't big enough for these meetings anymore."

"Great!" said Jen enthusiastically.

A quick survey of the bunkroom made it obvious which bunk not yet taken. Jen carefully placed her rifle into one storage locker and then carelessly droppeded the contents of her backpack into the other - minus her tool kit. That, she lugged down to the starboard engine room and stored carefully there.

Jen then peered briefly into the cockpit, noting the co-pilot's seat and where the gunnery controls were, before making her way to the common room to join the others.

Wu tilted his head towards the other Mandalorians, smiling slightly under his helmet.

”Thank you ner’vod. I’m glad to be back to help.”

He proceeded to head to stow his gear, before quietly joining the rest in the common room, back to his usual silent-ish self.

Darien returns from the cockpit, having routed the ship's comm system to use his holoprojector, and sets the palm-sized disk on the table, turning it on to show the Tipping Point logo slowly rotating as they wait for Green to pick up. "Cade, Kara, we just received the Thorned Circle datapackage from Kurak. From the quick skim I gave it, it looks like he draws conclusions and then gives us a lot backing it up. Names, locations, ships, the works. I didn't read it in depth, but I doubt most of the supporting infor-"

The scales stop rotating and Green's code pops up at the bottom of the projection, verifying his identity before fading away. "Hey, Mandos! Welcome back. I've got a job for you. No sense beating around the bush… There." The image of a woman in her late twenties or early thirties replaces the scales, displaying the name "Taia Qorbin" and a bounty for eighteen thousand credits.

Her expression is stern, and her brown hair is pulled back in a tight bun. She carries herself with a military bearing, and appears to be wearing a uniform of some kind, though only her head and shoulders are visible in the holo, preventing the viewers from identifying her allegiance.

"This is Taia Qorbin… She's the commander of all Separatist forces in the Msst, Demetras, and Esuain sectors, based on Garos four."

This especially catches the attention of Cade and Kara, because the Demetras sector includes Phindar and Haven.

"It's a kill bounty, with a condition for no collateral damage. Given your abilities, I was able to talk the client up to twenty-one thousand. Interested?"

Darien sees Cade and Kara perk up, I think I can say we are interested.. define collateral damage ..

"Civilians, civilian infrastructure, et cetera. Civilian casualties could reduce the bounty by as much as fifty percent, the client stressed this point. Here's the deal, Taia Qorbin was born and raised on Garos four and attended the university there before going to military school. She's pretty popular on Garos and is a charismatic speaker, many think she has political aspirations for after the war. Given her connection to the world and popularity, the Separatists assigned her to this region. That brings us to the present day." He pauses, then breathes deeply and continues, a little bit slower and more cautious.

"Death Watch has staged some high-casualty terrorist attacks on Garos for the expressed cause of striking back against the Separatists for encroaching on Mandalorian space. Admiral Qorbin, in turn, has been using this as leverage to try and convince Duchess Satine to allow the Separatists into Mandalorian space to put an end to Death Watch. Here's the catch: I have it on good authority that Death Watch has been working with the Separatists all along, and their attacks have been false-flags, intended to manipulate the New Mandalorians into allowing Separatists forces into their space and eventually to bring them into the fold."

"The client claims to be a member of the New Mandalorian civil government, albeit not acting in an official capacity. He says he wants to preserve the sovereignty of Mandalorian space and scare the Separatists away from pressing the issue further."

Who's the client? Cade asked.

Kara leaned forward. Kind of a bold move for a pacifist..

"Not all members of the New Mandalorian government are really pacifists, or so altruistic that they won't have someone else do their dirty work. But I don't really know who the client is, and I'm suspicious. What makes me suspicious is that he asked for the two of you by name . Cade Marev and Kara Val."

Care raised an eyebrow, Oooh, interesting.. he looked at Kara, Do we know anyone on Mandal'yaim?

Kara's eyes narrowed. Not that I know of..

Cade leaned back and put is hands behind his head, Sounds like it could be fun, it's a trap, of course.. but sounds fun.

Sigh, sure why not.

"The job's a job, but I thought it might be good for you to know. Anyway, here's some more intel on the job: the people on Garos are wary of Mandalorians given the Death Watch attacks, so you'll want to blend in as much as possible. Last thing you want is a squad of commando droids kicking down your door thinking you're terrorists. Understanding the potential for additional costs here, the client is offering an expense account to cover any lodging or other expenses incurred in the course of blending in. This'll include licensing fees, if necessary. The costs are waived for licensed bounty hunters, but you have to register with the local authorities, giving them information like client, target, payment, conditions, et cetera. The target has an office in a high-rise overlooking the university campus, and she is often invited to speak at the university. She lives on the Separatist base. Her flagship, a Munificent, is in orbit. Any questions?"

The expense account basically just allows me to handwave hotels or whatever. Anything more specific, ask and I'll give you a ruling.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt
Licensing information, since I forgot to mention it IC.

Jen whispered out of range of the hologram's mic, "Do any of the parties involved have an axe to grind with Cade or Kara specifically, or anyone else on board, currently or previously?"

She thought a moment, then added, "It might be an idea to split into two groups for this one, one the obvious 'seen earlier' members and the others as their sneakier back-up."

Expense account? Cade asked, with a grin, We could use a capital ship...

Kara smacked Cade's arm.

Darien leans back towards Jen, "Not as far as I know... We've got no way of actually knowing who the client is for certain if even Green is suspicious, and we've managed to mostly avoid run-ins with the Seps until now."

Ge’tal stumbles back to the ship, clearly drunk and a little worse for wear.
“Wha’s...goin’ on?” She slurs drunkenly. “‘Nother fight?”

Cade nodded, And a tricky one at that.. Assassination job on a high ranked Separatist commander on a world where she's well liked and has restrictions for Bounty Hunters and Mando'ade..

Kara leaned forward, Green, are there any other outstanding bounties there that we could use as cover, while working our way to our main target? She looked at Darien, Dar, we could use Liberator and split our team, especially since there is an unknown factor in regards to our client. Hopefully if there is a trap, we won't all get caught in one shot..

Green, Falmok spoke up as well, What do we know about our target, does she have enemies other than Death Watch?

Darien nods in agreement as Green begins to answer Kara, "I'll check the local boards, which are certain to have some , but I've got nothing on my hotsheet. Anything not listed here is likely well below your paygrade. Bail jumpers mostly, you know the deal. Darien paid his dues on those small fry. As for the other question, no, not really. No record of corruption, no disgruntled former employers, nada. Doesn't even have a love life far's I can tell. Looks like Mandalore and the Republic are the only ones who would have it in for her unless there's something I don't know about."

Kara leaned back in her seat, Interesting.. Well, we need to find a way around any local restrictions so we can at least get to her..

“Assa’natin?” She drools. “What’d...she do t’ ...tick some’un...off that bad?”

"Well best of luck. Contact me if you need anything else. Green out." The holoprojection blinks out as the call ends.

"Politicians getting territorial, that's all." Darien tells Ge'tal as he scoops up the holoprojector, returning it to his belt.

Cade tapped his fingers on the table in thought. Maybe the client is that nice bald dar'jetii ? Cade said with a shrug, The Sep's seem to be full of dar'jetii.. Bald Lady, that Dooku.. maybe they run things like the old days... move up in position through backstabbing and treachery..

"That could be, she wouldn't have known me since I wasn't on that job. If it is a trap, she may be using us as expendables since she didn't seem very happy with your results." Darien strokes his chin, thinking.

"Without knowing how the local authorities will react if we tell them our actual target, we run into a dilemma: If we tell them the truth, they may kick us offworld entirely, actively resist us, tip off our target, or worse. But there's a chance they don't, minimizing additional complications. If we ask and they tell us no, then we do it anyway, we're definitely in trouble. And if we just outright lie, they'll definitely take issue."

He sighs, "We may as well lie because once we do the job, the Seps will be after us anyway. Whichever way you slice it, we're in for haran and will need a quick escape when it all goes to osik. Guess that'll be your job, Kar'ika."

"The two teams idea is a good one. Kara, Cade, Wu, and I are licensed beroya'se. I deputized Vhal, Jen, and Ge'tal, but they are not technically licensed , allowing them to go unnoticed."

“Yep,” Ge’tal replies. “I take out th’ muscle, ‘n they take down th’ target.

Cade smirked, While I love her enthusiasm, We'll have to do some shopping for some gear.. I think Vaerk can do something for me before we go.

Kara sighed, Vorpa'ya doesn't have access to a lot of useful kit, we should really sort that out when we can.. Set up trade between clans in Ba'slan Shev'la..