Kandosii Beroya'se OOC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

Kandosii!

Woo, we achieved page 2 on both posts!

Do you want to do any more RP in transit, or skip to Chardaan?

FYI, here is a good online translator for English to Mando'a and back. When combined with those various dictionaries, you can get most words and sentences translated easily, even if you don't readily speak the language yourself.

Also, if there's a slot available, I have been working on concept design for a potential character.

I found that one, but the results seemed a little inconsistent.

Please go ahead and PM me with the details! I'm sure we can work something out.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

I found that one, but the results seemed a little inconsistent.

Please go ahead and PM me with the details! I'm sure we can work something out.

I've only found that if there isn't a proper Mando'a translation for a given word. The Mando'a lexicon isn't that large to begin with, so not all words translate over.

Just now, Tramp Graphics said:

I've only found that if there isn't a proper Mando'a translation for a given word. The Mando'a lexicon isn't that large to begin with, so not all words translate over.

Hmm. I've tried some that were actually Mando'a or English that I knew translated to Mando'a and it didn't work. I'll keep it on hand though.

This one has a search feature that can work as a de facto translator.

1 minute ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Hmm. I've tried some that were actually Mando'a or English that I knew translated to Mando'a and it didn't work. I'll keep it on hand though.

This one has a search feature that can work as a de facto translator.

Yeah, I use that too if I need a word that doesn't automatically translate using the online translator.

Another suggestion when posting dialog in a different language: post a spoiler tag below it with the dialog in English.

How do you make a spoiler tag? I haven't been able to figure that out.

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Do you want to do any more RP in transit, or skip to Chardaan?

Sure, we can do that, working long hours today, in the middle of a 12hr day 😡

( It would've gone down along the lines of everyone raving over the meal, and praising Kyra.. :D .. perhaps discussing the details that Green sent, finally Cade going to bed.. Kara going to the cockpit for a bit, making sure everything is going well.. then turning in as well. )

I'm sorry to hear that.

I can summarize that in the IC and then narrate your approach to Chardaan.

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

How do you make a spoiler tag? I haven't been able to figure that out.

Simple. You type in (remove spaces from within brackets) [ spoiler ]text[ /spoiler ]

This gives you

text

Edited by Tramp Graphics
(remove spaces from within brackets) [ spoiler ]text[ /spoiler ]

[test]

Umm... How do I do it again?

text

Ahh... I took you too literally.

Just as a refresher, what time frame are we in again? I noticed this planet had a Republic presence, but would our crew have seen Troopers as of yet?

20 BBY, so yeah, you've encountered Clones before. Or at least you know what they look like (propaganda, news, etc.).

20bby? Thats pretty much during the Mandalore episodes, right?

3 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

20bby? Thats pretty much during the Mandalore episodes, right?

Very early 20 BBY, and the siege of Mandalore was in 19 BBY.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Very early 20 BBY, and the siege of Mandalore was in 19 BBY.

I was thinking more about Visla and Death Watch unveiling themselves.. could bring attention to random Mando's

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/The_Mandalore_Plot

Yes, during that time, I thought you were talking about the death of Satine and Maul taking power.

Darien and Falmok's father died in the Death Watch bombing of the Sundari memorial (22 BBY), which happened in, I believe, the episode where Obi-Wan was initially investigating the Death Watch.

Edit: I did confirm, it was the same episode.

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Are you just wandering, or are you looking in particular for a bar that serves your drinks?

If the latter, please roll a Daunting group Negotiation check (best Characteristic and best Skill). If you are just wandering, what are you hoping to see?

Edited by P-47 Thunderbolt

Probably just wandering around, killing time until the ship is fueled.. Cade was thinking of seeing if bars would be interested in importing some "craft beer and spirits"...

Please make an Average group Negotiation check (unless he's going by himself) to see if you can find a bar that's interested in adding to its collection.