Kandosii Beroya'se OOC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

1 minute ago, Bellona said:

I'm wondering: why would Death Watch work towards letting the CIS into Mandalorian space with a view to Mandalore becoming part of the CIS? I thought that DW wanted Mandalore to become the head of a new, expansionistic Mandalorian empire, not just join another political entity.

Unless DW are being played as stooges, and are unaware of the CIS endgame?

I can't be too specific because I don't want to be misleading about the veracity of such intelligence one way or another,* so I will speak in generalities regarding what we see in the Clone Wars show:

The Separatists want to take control over Mandalorian space without violating Mandalore's neutrality or having to commit many resources to a fight. They view Death Watch as a key to this control, intending to install them as a puppet government.

Death Watch want to take Mandalore for themselves. They view the Separatists as a key to that control, from where they would then be able to carve out a new empire. Either as a secretly allied faction or outright betraying the Separatists.

Both sides view the other as a means to an end, and not a particularly desirable means at that.

This is all meta-knowledge. It's up to you to reasonably determine how much of this your characters would know, understand, and/or extrapolate.

*This is my general policy when "plot hole" discussions arise involving future events or unknown intentions, as some have a reasonable explanation and others are intentionally questionable. I do not like answering meta questions as it can sometimes require me to give more information than I would prefer or inadvertently influence choices. Do not read too much into my beating about the bush here.

3 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Both sides view the other as a means to an end, and not a particularly desirable means at that.

This makes sense to me.

... And means that when we get to Garos IV, we should also be on the look-out for DW. They could be planning another "terrorist attack", or could even be used (out of armour) as discreet security for Qorbin (whom I assume is human, as you didn't specify otherwise in the description).

45 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

If someone else has a better pool (e.g. a skill rank), they may attempt the check.

@RuusMarev : Kara?

12 minutes ago, Bellona said:

This makes sense to me.

... And means that when we get to Garos IV, we should also be on the look-out for DW. They could be planning another "terrorist attack", or could even be used (out of armour) as discreet security for Qorbin

Yes. :D

12 minutes ago, Bellona said:

(whom I assume is human, as you didn't specify otherwise in the description).

Oops... Yes, human.

Pretty similar to the picture for the Separatist Commander specialization. If it'll show up, here it is for your convenience:

Separatist Commander by Adam Schumpert - ReasonableFantasy in 2020 | Star  wars characters pictures, Star wars outfits, Star wars sith

5 hours ago, Bellona said:

This ...

could prove to be a problem in combination with this ...

What's to stop someone at the licensing bureau (or whoever bounty hunters are supposed to disclose this information to) from leaking the disclosed information to the target?

Which is why I'm thinking on how to handle this...

Civilian armor would be handy to check things out..

Probably a good idea to look up Bounties planet side to act as "legitimate " reasons why we're hunting..and smokescreen. (And bonus credits)

Anyone else care to try the Outer Rim check?

We've got an entire crew - someone's got to have heard something!

Just now, Bellona said:

Anyone else care to try the Outer Rim check?

We've got an entire crew - someone's got to have heard something!

No. I normally limit Knowledge checks to one person/one person assisted or a group check. Otherwise with seven crew members you are likely to succeed at any of them jus tbecause you get so many attempts.

In this case, Jen rolled without any assistance, so I allowed another check by someone more qualified. No further attempts.

10 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Which is why I'm thinking on how to handle this...

Civilian armor would be handy to check things out..

Probably a good idea to look up Bounties planet side to act as "legitimate " reasons why we're hunting..and smokescreen. (And bonus credits)

I like the secondary bounty idea - maybe for the "obvious" Mandalorian bounty hunters, including the requested ones. Maybe Darien, Cade, Kara, and Ge'tal?

The the "hidden" team checking out the original bounty, e.g., Falmok*, Wu, and Jen? They can use the armour inserts in civilian clothing.

* Assuming that Falmok has not been obviously involved in "big action shoot-outs", unlike the others from the original crew plus Ge'tal. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

If we do it that way, then we need to arrive on two different ships.

Just now, Bellona said:

I like the secondary bounty idea - maybe for the "obvious" Mandalorian bounty hunters, including the requested ones. Maybe Darien, Cade, Kara, and Ge'tal?

The the "hidden" team checking out the original bounty, e.g., Falmok*, Wu, and Jen? They can use the armour inserts in civilian clothing.

Here's one way to split it up: who is a registered bounty hunter vs. a "deputy"?

The way I'm treating it (for ease of PC introduction mostly), licensed bounty hunters can extend that licensing to unlicensed individuals, but are liable for those persons' actions.

I'd say Darien, Cade, Kara, and Wu are licensed. Maybe Falmok, that'd be up to @RuusMarev . He's in a more gray area backstory-wise where he could have been licensed as well, or indefinitely deputized by Darien, who started bounty hunting before Falmok was old enough. When Falmok was old enough, he joined Darien.

That leaves Jen and Ge'tal (maybe Falmok) as unlicensed.

24 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Here's one way to split it up: who is a registered bounty hunter vs. a "deputy"?

The way I'm treating it (for ease of PC introduction mostly), licensed bounty hunters can extend that licensing to unlicensed individuals, but are liable for those persons' actions.

I'd say Darien, Cade, Kara, and Wu are licensed. Maybe Falmok, that'd be up to @RuusMarev . He's in a more gray area backstory-wise where he could have been licensed as well, or indefinitely deputized by Darien, who started bounty hunting before Falmok was old enough. When Falmok was old enough, he joined Darien.

I'd suggest the second team use Liberator and go in as traders..

4 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

I'd suggest the second team use Liberator and go in as traders..

But is it ready to fly yet?

6 minutes ago, Bellona said:

But is it ready to fly yet?

Yes.

3 hours ago, RuusMarev said:

I'd suggest the second team use Liberator and go in as traders ..

Oh, and this time my character will not be supporting the trader cover with her crafting "failures". (I very stupidly let Barda use far too much money on those things.)

:D

Edited by Bellona
Spelling. (D'oh!)
16 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Yeah, Ge’tal isn’t even a bounty hunter. She’s a merc, a soldier.

Any of you have questions for Green? If so, please go ahead and post IC.

@Tramp Graphics , it's still the morning, and you had to travel out here already. Is Ge'tal really still blind stinking drunk?

1 hour ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@Tramp Graphics , it's still the morning, and you had to travel out here already. Is Ge'tal really still blind stinking drunk?

Yep. 😈 I figured, she’s been at the bar all night, and just stumbled back halfway through the briefing.

Edited by Tramp Graphics

Alright, what's the plan?

Some thoughts ...

We need a secondary bounty (probably local) for the "obvious group". Did Green intimate that he didn't have one at his fingertips just then, but that he could find one for us?

We split into two groups, the other one using the Liberator . Which ship is most associated with Cade and Kara?

The "quiet group" gets to use the Armour Inserts, and has to use smaller weapons than we'd prefer (or at least, than Jen would prefer!).

We arrive on two different ships, possibly sending the quiet group in first as traders/businessfolk.

Quiet group scopes out the situation, including the university and the office as possible sites for a bounty assassination.

Obvious group takes on the secondary bounty (or not - is there a penalty if one expresses interest but doesn't catch the target?).

Keep an eye out for Death Watch involvement.

Keep an eye out for droids, both as spies and guards.

Obvious group takes on primary bounty, with quiet group as back-up?

I believe that we're likely to get only one shot at the primary bounty. If she gets wind of us, then she's likely to retreat to her warship in orbit ... it would be hard to pry her out of that, particularly with the "no collateral damage" clause.

I'm still worried about the "requested hunters" part. Test or trap?

Edited by Bellona
Typo.
6 minutes ago, Bellona said:

We need a secondary bounty (probably local) for the "obvious group". Did Green intimate that he didn't have one at his fingertips just then, but that he could find one for us?

He could look into local bounties, but there aren't any more broadly posted bounties for Garos IV.

8 minutes ago, Bellona said:

We split into two groups, the other one using the Liberator . Which ship is most associated with Cade and Kara?

Liberator is clean. It has a merchant license and is all set for delivering cargo.

8 minutes ago, Bellona said:

The "quiet group" gets to use the Armour Inserts, and has to use smaller weapons than we'd prefer (or at least, than Jen would prefer!).

You've got three sets of Armored Clothing (standard Armored Clothing stats from the CRBs), which happens to be the perfect number. This might be a good chance for Jen to get that Heavy Blaster Pistol. It is regulated though, so a 50cr license will be required.

For the record, I'm not getting email notifications at the moment, so pardon me if I'm a bit later than usual in responding to things. This time I just happened to be checking the forum.

@RuusMarev , last call for XP expenditures.

@RuusMarev , @Tramp Graphics , @Von3679 , @Bellona , if you are agreed with the plan, we can go ahead and hash it out IC, then narrate underway. I'm still not receiving email notifications, so I don't know what's up with that, but it means I may be late responding to things.

25 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@RuusMarev , last call for XP expenditures.

Cade will bank his 15xp, and post in a bit his intention of a shopping trip prior to departure.. (I'll post the list)

Kara will Spend 15xp to get her 3rd rank in Gunnery, (10xp remain) (are Verpine Shatter rifles available? Rifle and Sniper)

6 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Cade will bank his 15xp, and post in a bit his intention of a shopping trip prior to departure.. (I'll post the list)

Kara will Spend 15xp to get her 3rd rank in Gunnery, (10xp remain)

Okay.

6 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

(are Verpine Shatter rifles available? Rifle and Sniper)

Not here, unfortunately.

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Not here, unfortunately.

any where on the way? :D