Kandosii Beroya'se OOC

By P-47 Thunderbolt, in Star Wars: Edge of the Empire Beginner Game

23 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

any where on the way? :D

It's a straight shot to Garos IV, only 6-7 hours. If you want to detour, you could try to find them at various locations, but it'd take a while and still be very difficult to find.

@P-47 Thunderbolt what kind of availability would we be looking at for possibly turning a Galaar carbine into a sniper rifle?

Marksman Barrel Blaster rifles Increase weapon range by one Band; Cumbersome 2 Accurate +1 (x2); Innate Talent (Sniper Shot) (x1) 1200cr HP required 2 AoR p202

Gyrostabilizer Any Ranged (Heavy) or Gunnery Cumbersome -1 Cumbersome -1 (x3), Innate Talent (Barrage) (x1) 1000cr HP required 2 SM p54

Built-in Blaster Sight Energy Ranged only Remove Setback-die.png added by the Called Shot use of the Aim maneuver from Ranged (Light) and Ranged (Heavy) checks. None 150cr HP required 1 FiB p51

Augmented Spin Barrel Blaster Rifles (all) Damage +1, +Setback-die.png to Mechanics checks on weapon Damage +1 (x2); Accurate +1 (x1); Pierce +1 (x1) 1750cr HP required 2 AoRCore p200

Integrated Targeting Computer Any Helmet (some models also gloves/gauntlets) Add Boost-die.png to all Ranged attacks at long or extreme range Innate Talent (Natural Marksman) (x1) 3,000cr HP required 1 DC p54

Range Finder Any Helmet Innate Talent (Sniper Shot) +1 Innate Talent (Sniper Shot) (x1) 1,500cr HP required 0 DC p54

@P-47 Thunderbolt Cades list

Balanced Hilt (Beskad)
1500 credits, 2 HP required, Rarity 5
Base Modifier: Accurate +1
Mod Options: 1x Accurate +1, 1x Encumbrance -1

TZ-97 "Zapper" Shock Baton
Melee, 5 Damage, 4 Crit, Engaged. 2 Encum, 2 HP, 900 credits, Rarity 6
Concussive 1, Stun Damage

Shock Pulse (attachment, Shock Baton)
250 credis, 1 HP required, Rarity 4
Base Modifier: Stun 2
Mod Options: 3x "Stun+ 1"

23 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt what kind of availability would we be looking at for possibly turning a Galaar carbine into a sniper rifle?

Marksman Barrel Blaster rifles Increase weapon range by one Band; Cumbersome 2 Accurate +1 (x2); Innate Talent (Sniper Shot) (x1) 1200cr HP required 2 AoR p202

Gyrostabilizer Any Ranged (Heavy) or Gunnery Cumbersome -1 Cumbersome -1 (x3), Innate Talent (Barrage) (x1) 1000cr HP required 2 SM p54

Built-in Blaster Sight Energy Ranged only Remove Setback-die.png added by the Called Shot use of the Aim maneuver from Ranged (Light) and Ranged (Heavy) checks. None 150cr HP required 1 FiB p51

Augmented Spin Barrel Blaster Rifles (all) Damage +1, +Setback-die.png to Mechanics checks on weapon Damage +1 (x2); Accurate +1 (x1); Pierce +1 (x1) 1750cr HP required 2 AoRCore p200

Integrated Targeting Computer Any Helmet (some models also gloves/gauntlets) Add Boost-die.png to all Ranged attacks at long or extreme range Innate Talent (Natural Marksman) (x1) 3,000cr HP required 1 DC p54

Range Finder Any Helmet Innate Talent (Sniper Shot) +1 Innate Talent (Sniper Shot) (x1) 1,500cr HP required 0 DC p54

The Augmented Spin Barrel and Marksman Barrel are not compatible with the GALAAR-15 since it's a carbine.
Gyrostabilizer doesn't seem like it would be useful.

Built-in Blaster Sight is fine, Hard Negotiation on Vorpa'ya.

The Targeting System is an Armor attachment but would be fine. However, it's a Formidable difficulty check.

The Range Finder is Daunting and actually takes 1 HP.

Both checks would be easier on Garos IV, Hard for the Targeting System, Average for the Range Finder, and Easy for the Built-in Blaster Sight.

21 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

@P-47 Thunderbolt Cades list

Balanced Hilt (Beskad)
1500 credits, 2 HP required, Rarity 5
Base Modifier: Accurate +1
Mod Options: 1x Accurate +1, 1x Encumbrance -1

TZ-97 "Zapper" Shock Baton
Melee, 5 Damage, 4 Crit, Engaged. 2 Encum, 2 HP, 900 credits, Rarity 6
Concussive 1, Stun Damage

Shock Pulse (attachment, Shock Baton)
250 credis, 1 HP required, Rarity 4
Base Modifier: Stun 2
Mod Options: 3x "Stun+ 1"

Since the Balanced Hilt requires someone capable of doing it, not just something you can slap on, I'll allow you to have Vaerk modify it, effective retroactively having been narratively completed before now at cost. If you want any mods done, you can spend 500*difficulty to have Vaerk improve it. So 1,500 for the first mod, 2,000 for the second.

TZ-97 is Daunting here, Average on Garos IV.

Shock Pulse is Hard here, Easy on Garos IV.

14 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The Augmented Spin Barrel and Marksman Barrel are not compatible with the GALAAR-15 since it's a carbine.
Gyrostabilizer doesn't seem like it would be useful.

Built-in Blaster Sight is fine, Hard Negotiation on Vorpa'ya.

The Targeting System is an Armor attachment but would be fine. However, it's a Formidable difficulty check.

The Range Finder is Daunting and actually takes 1 HP.

Both checks would be easier on Garos IV, Hard for the Targeting System, Average for the Range Finder, and Easy for the Built-in Blaster Sight.

Since the Balanced Hilt requires someone capable of doing it, not just something you can slap on, I'll allow you to have Vaerk modify it, effective retroactively having been narratively completed before now at cost. If you want any mods done, you can spend 500*difficulty to have Vaerk improve it. So 1,500 for the first mod, 2,000 for the second.

TZ-97 is Daunting here, Average on Garos IV.

Shock Pulse is Hard here, Easy on Garos IV.

:blink: We need to get a supply chain going for Vorpa'ya....

(Maybe we can get another freighter and do some supply runs in the background to reduce these difficulties..)

2 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

So 5k total for Vaerk to instal and mod?

@P-47 Thunderbolt Cade updated.

Edited by RuusMarev
42 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

:blink: We need to get a supply chain going for Vorpa'ya....

(Maybe we can get another freighter and do some supply runs in the background to reduce these difficulties..)

That's a cool idea, I like that!

Occasional credit investment (whether mechanically manifest or not) and supply runs reducing the rarity modifier by stockpiling gear (for a rainy day ;) ). Maybe you meet an NPC with black market contacts at some point and grant them cin vhetin in exchange for some assistance. Probably handle the costs by simply making you "purchase" the item at the time.

42 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

So 5k total for Vaerk to instal and mod?

Yep.

7 minutes ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

That's a cool idea, I like that!

Occasional credit investment (whether mechanically manifest or not) and supply runs reducing the rarity modifier by stockpiling gear (for a rainy day ;) ). Maybe you meet an NPC with black market contacts at some point and grant them cin vhetin in exchange for some assistance. Probably handle the costs by simply making you "purchase" the item at the time.

Would the size of the freighter modify of it? (Limited by size of item, perhaps? ie: AT-RT would require a larger ship, ect..)

The Thorned Circle base we raided, was that mobile by chance? (could we take possession of it and move it to a new location where clans can send supplies, without giving away their base locations?)

11 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

Would the size of the freighter modify of it? (Limited by size of item, perhaps? ie: AT-RT would require a larger ship, ect..)

Yes, but most of the stuff under consideration would be comparatively small, easily fit into even a sil 4 freighter.

12 minutes ago, RuusMarev said:

The Thorned Circle base we raided, was that mobile by chance? (could we take possession of it and move it to a new location where clans can send supplies, without giving away their base locations?)

No, it was just cut into an asteroid. Even if it was mobile, it wouldn't be hyperspace-capable (I know Legends had some crazy things, but this isn't Palps we're talking about).

@RuusMarev , how about you narrate us underway? Jen, Ge'tal, and Falmok on Liberator , Darien, Cade, Kara, and Wu on Solus . And you can include whatever narrations of Cade's gear acquisitions you desire.

We need a new home for this campaign, as the forums here are shutting down on 1 February 2021.

Oh dear. Good thing I've already archived most of this into a Google Doc.

I'd like to move this game to Discord, which has an excellent format and an integrated dice bot.

9 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

Oh dear. Good thing I've already archived most of this into a Google Doc.

I'd like to move this game to Discord, which has an excellent format and an integrated dice bot.

Would that still be PbP?

1 hour ago, Tramp Graphics said:

Would that still be PbP?

Yep. New look, same great flavor! ;)

@RuusMarev , @Tramp Graphics , @Von3679 , @Bellona , since we are at the beginning of a session, I'm going to call this game here for now until we can migrate to Discord. I should have the server set up either today or tomorrow.

3 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

@RuusMarev , @Tramp Graphics , @Von3679 , @Bellona , since we are at the beginning of a session, I'm going to call this game here for now until we can migrate to Discord. I should have the server set up either today or tomorrow.

Before you do that, you might want to look at other options as well. From what’s been said in another thread in these forums , the Discord servers are more chat room, and is so fast moving that posts get lost, if not deleted after a time. Given my post rate, I could easily be left behind. If we can find a dedicated message board, that would be the better option.

Edited by Tramp Graphics
Just now, Tramp Graphics said:

Before you do that, you might want to look at other options as well. From what’s been said in another thread in these forms, the Discord servers are more chat room, and is so fast moving that posts get lost, if not deleted after a time. Given my post rate, I could easily be left behind. If we can find a dedicated message board, that would be the better option.

Only if the settings are a certain way. I already use Discord for PbP and know what I'm talking about. It'll be fine. I'm working on setting up the server and will hopefully have it ready by tomorrow. There's various admin things I need to do in addition to inputting certain information from the game.

Happy New Year from C.E.T. zone, where the fireworks are loud and long! :)

(Old statistic from where I am right now: the population spends roughly $100 USD per capita on New Year fireworks ... and that was back in the 1990s.)