PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: Misc

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

Speaking of the battle of mon cal it would be a good time for @Rabobankrider @rabo druid character to make a one battle cameo even if he can't commit to the full game.

On 7/12/2019 at 10:35 PM, EliasWindrider said:

genosis is the start of the clone wars (wouldn't have interacted with clones before it), maybe you mean that's where he lost a group of clones and he feeling that after we fast forward to christophsis. The party ship will USUALLY be an arquittens (the RotS version).

First pass at character sheet:
http://demon4x4.com/sw/chrsht/KorrenL.pdf

And yes, apologies, I don't know where my head is at sometimes. lol
Slight amendment to comrades/mercenaries or something similar in the past, that he is applying this new situation to. I'll get that back story out before too long (again, apologies for the delay, I've been moving to a different house, but should be settled soon).

7 hours ago, Demon4x4 said:

First pass at character sheet:
http://demon4x4.com/sw/chrsht/KorrenL.pdf

And yes, apologies, I don't know where my head is at sometimes. lol
Slight amendment to comrades/mercenaries or something similar in the past, that he is applying this new situation to. I'll get that back story out before too long (again, apologies for the delay, I've been moving to a different house, but should be settled soon).

We have very similar taste in builds (armor, shield, lightsaber with superior, knight and niman disciple for specs, high willpower, sense defense upgrade). Please take what follows as an attempt to be helpful not critical, I suspect that you spent 300 of your credits for a basic lightsaber hilt, when you could craft a hilt for as little as 100 credits, with your build and gear you'd be adding 2 boosts (inventor/mental tools) and advantage (jedi multitool) to the check against 2 purple. The shield discharge pack is an interesting attachment

Edited by EliasWindrider

Yep, I did indeed. I guess I found it difficult to balk at a 300 price tag. haha

22 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

@vandarl pm'd me to ask to be put on the waiting list and since he was extra polite about it I'm willing to stretch it to 7 players. @AbsatSolo seems to be AWOL (it's a military themed campaign so I thought the joke fits) anyway. So

@vandarl why don't you throw out some character ideas (it's anyone with a reason to be hanging out with jedi in a war zone. But I'd prefer to avoid droids and gungans. Btw there almost certainly won't be gunman reinforreinfts at the battle of mon cal unless the PCs liberate naboo before then)

Thank you very much for making a place for me, I greatly appreciate it.

The first concept I wanted to throw out would be a Jedi Investigator, of the same spec. No interest in finding Darth Sidious AT ALL. However I think the social and investigative skills could be useful in some of the more diplomatic or information gathering missions, and simply put, not every Jedi is a great battle tactician/general no matter what the Grand Council or Senate might say. Some are just fishh out of water types doing the best they can. Besides, Tera Sinube is my favorite Jedi.

The second concept was a representative of the Senate, providing oversight and diplomacy on the front lines as needed to make sure the resources of the republic are not being squandered or misappropriated. After all, someone has to keep an eye on things and make sure an honest and unbiased report gets back to the Senate. :)

If neither of these interest or appeal to you I can no doubt come up with more, the Star Wars setting is never short of inspiration.

Edited by vandarl
27 minutes ago, vandarl said:

Thank you very much for making a place for me, I greatly appreciate it.

The first concept I wanted to throw out would be a Jedi Investigator, of the same spec. No interest in finding Darth Sidious AT ALL. However I think the social and investigative skills could be useful in some of the more diplomatic or information gathering missions, and simply put, not every Jedi is a great battle tactician/general no matter what the Grand Council or Senate might say. Some are just fishh out of water types doing the best they can. Besides, Tera Sinube is my favorite Jedi.

The second concept was a representative of the Senate, providing oversight and diplomacy on the front lines as needed to make sure the resources of the republic are not being squandered or misappropriated. After all, someone has to keep an eye on things and make sure an honest and unbiased report gets back to the Senate. :)

If neither of these interest or appeal to you I can no doubt come up with more, the Star Wars setting is never short of inspiration.

Would you want to play Tera Sinube himself? I'd allow it.

Edited by EliasWindrider
2 hours ago, Demon4x4 said:

Yep, I did indeed. I guess I found it difficult to balk at a 300 price tag. haha

It dangerous covenants and collapse of the republic there is a wrist mount 275 credits 2 hp, in keeping the peace (which I'm guessing you have because of armor and the shield attachment) there is a force attuned resonator. Slapping those on a blaster pistol of choice would give you a ranged attack with a boost die that doesn't keep you from wielding the saber and you could fire it while using your shield as cover. I only mention it because I was thinking of it myself and we seem to have similar tastes in characters and you seem to be lacking a ranged attack but then again that's what clones are for. Btw the next spec in my jedi:knight/padawan-survivor/niman-disciple build would be gadgeteer (armor master, jury rigged, spare clip, tinkerer, dedication, deadly accuracy)

Edited by EliasWindrider
13 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

It dangerous covenants and collapse of the republic there is a wrist mount 275 credits 2 hp, in keeping the peace (which I'm guessing you have because of armor and the shield attachment) there is a force attuned resonator. Slapping those on a blaster pistol of choice would give you a ranged attack with a boost die that doesn't keep you from wielding the saber and you could fire it while using your shield as cover. I only mention it because I was thinking of it myself and we seem to have similar tastes in characters and you seem to be lacking a ranged attack but then again that's what clones are for.

I thought about a sidearm, but then I ran out of encumbrance.
I have at least one copy of every book (going back at least through both versions of WotC), save for Gadgets & Gear. haha
I may have to take you up on the lightsaber crafting attempt, though

A cameo could certainly be an interesting idea.

34 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Would you want to play Tera Sinube himself? I'd allow it.

Hmmm, tempting. I think my preference would be to play a former padawan or student as opposed to playing Tera Sinube directly. Both because I prefer not to play cannon characters, even fairly minor ones, as well as to offerer a bit more flexibility. Not to mention he is supposed to be pretty elderly.

50 minutes ago, Demon4x4 said:

I thought about a sidearm, but then I ran out of encumbrance.
I have at least one copy of every book (going back at least through both versions of WotC), save for Gadgets & Gear. haha
I may have to take you up on the lightsaber crafting attempt, though

Jedi battle armor isn't better than other forms of jedi armor except in terms of hp. And it has a lot of enc. One thing I've thought of is getting concealing robes, getting armor inserts (cyphers and mask), fully modded reverse engineered (fully operational) which would bring it to 2 soak, 2 defense, 2 hp, 3 purple to detect, and 0 enc, for well under 1000 credits. If you really want that 4 hp, I did say that jedi characters could have a jedi artisan add 2 hp to any 2 pieces of gear (in ogg dude the easiest way to do this is GM grant the intuitive improvements talent add 2 hp and then remove the GM grant of intuitive improvements). It would make you character look more like the character art. I went with jedi commander armor for my clone wars build because it's so thematic to the era, for a dark times game I'd definitely go the armor inserts route.

The devs have clarified that the statblock of any set of clothing gets replaced (loses any other nifty bonuses, has 1 hp) with that of armored clothing, but has the mods from armor inserts. I think ogg dude gets the hp wrong.

Edited by EliasWindrider
7 minutes ago, vandarl said:

Hmmm, tempting. I think my preference would be to play a former padawan or student as opposed to playing Tera Sinube directly. Both because I prefer not to play cannon characters, even fairly minor ones, as well as to offerer a bit more flexibility. Not to mention he is supposed to be pretty elderly.

Whatever you want to do.

22 minutes ago, Rabobankrider said:

A cameo could certainly be an interesting idea.

I'll PM you when we get closer to the battle of mon cal

Crafting-related question: There was mention in the first thread about Jedi getting "access to an artisan who can add 2 hpt to 2 pieces of gear" - is that 2 hard points each to 2 pieces of gear, or 2 hard points which can be either added to one piece of gear or split between two pieces of gear?

5 hours ago, Bellona said:

Crafting-related question: There was mention in the first thread about Jedi getting "access to an artisan who can add 2 hpt to 2 pieces of gear" - is that 2 hard points each to 2 pieces of gear, or 2 hard points which can be either added to one piece of gear or split between two pieces of gear?

2 each, the expectation is that at least one of them is a lightsaber.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Thank you for the answer.

Another question: would it be reasonable to assume that Jedi characters from the Temple have the Mentor discount on basic Force Powers?

And if yes, is there an equivalent benefit for non-Jedi characters (non-Jedi Force-users, clones, etc.)?

22 hours ago, Bellona said:

Thank you for the answer.

Another question: would it be reasonable to assume that Jedi characters from the Temple have the Mentor discount on basic Force Powers?

And if yes, is there an equivalent benefit for non-Jedi characters (non-Jedi Force-users, clones, etc.)?

Jedi get the jedi mentor bonus, non jedi force sensitives take your pick of mentor bonuses in I think disciples of harmony. Clones get enough other bonuses. I'd be willing to take suggestions for other non-force-sensitives.

Edited by EliasWindrider

Oh, if we get force power discount I may have to adjust my xp spend, if this is okay?

8 hours ago, MrTInce said:

Oh, if we get force power discount I may have to adjust my xp spend, if this is okay?

Sure, but the jedi force power discount is 5xp off the base power only (minimum of 5 xp paid for a base power) so it doesn't make a huge difference.

Edited by EliasWindrider
10 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Sure, but the jedi force power discount is 5xp off the base power only (minimum of 5 xp paid for a base power) so it doesn't make a huge difference.

Got me an extra talent :D

Again, thanks for the answer! I'm making the XP adjustments now, which will result in some shift re skills, talents, Force powers, etc.

Would anyone who has RotSep and/or CotR (and the time) please let me know what lightsabre crystals are available in those two sourcebooks? And if there are any other lightsabre attachments? (Or weapon attachments which could also work with lightsabres?)

So far all I know is that the C hristophsis crystal has base 7 damage (unknown crit rating and hard points), with 3 damage upgrades, one or more knockdown upgrades, and and a Breach +1 upgrade (thank you to EliasW for that information).

(I don't want to do any real crafting before I know what goodies are available.)

On 7/14/2019 at 5:34 PM, EliasWindrider said:

Gear that you may be interested in

Heavy robes, 0 soak, 1 defense, 150 credits, 1 enc, 0 hp, rarity 2.

Jedi reconnaissance armor 1 soak, 1 defense, 4000 credits, 2 enc, 2 hp, rarity 8, they add a boost to stealth checks (pretty good actually).

Bio-support dispenser (armor mod) 1 hp, 4000 credits. Base, if you take any wounds during an encounter it heals 1 wound when you heal strain at the end of the encounter. Also the first time in an encounter that your wounds exceed half your threshold it automatically applies a stimpack. Mods 1 heal 1 additional wound at the end of the encounter. That's really quite useful and I overlooked it before.

Physiological enhancement system (armor mod), 2 hp, 3000 (clones)/10,000 (others) credits. Base whenever you involuntarily suffer strain reduction it by 1 to a minimum of 1. The wearer adds boost to all athletics, coordination, resilience checks. Mods: 1 skill athletics mod, 1 skill coordination mod, 1 skill resilience mod.

There's a 0 hp mod to lightsabers to turn them into a grenade (20 damage, breach 1, vicious 4, everything within short range, the lightsaber is destroyed but crystals survive).

Christophsis crystal 2 hp, 11,000 credits. Base: 7 damage, crit 3, breach 1, sund. Mods: 1 breach +1, 1 knockdown, 3 damage +1, 2 decrease critical rating by 1 (to min of 1)

Thontiin crystal, 2 hp, 9000 credits. Bade 6 damage, crit 2, breach 1, sunder, 1 per encounter wielder may ignore the effect of 1 EASY critical injury (you still have the injury). Mods: 3 damage+1, 1 decrease critical rating by 1 (to a min of 1)

Zophis crystal (from separatists controlled planet zoph, powerful with serious drawbacks, a soresu defender might like it though) 2 hp, 11000 credits. Base: 8 damage, crit 2, breach 2, vicious 1, and when you Sunder something it's damaged one extra step. But 3 threat or 1 despair the weapon shuts down until the end of the wielders next turn. Mod options: 2 damage +1 mods. Comment putting 2 of these in a cyclic crystal array would eliminate the problem for most users.

@Bellona

Okay, latest version of Mireska:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/n2lunyko0il2wgs/Mireska_Tano%27bi.pdf/file

I re-arranged some skills, talents, and Force power based on the mentor power discount.

The armour is a place-holder, more or less, until I figure out what I want to do and how to tackle it with OggDude's program. (I'm not sure if the Armour Inserts attachment from CaM is working properly in the program.)

The lightsabre is more-or-less what I want now, but technically a place-holder until I get some hilt construction (as per EV) dice rolls made/confirmed on orokos. It will have a Cyclic Crystal Array, but no Damping Emitter. Regarding the lightsabre crystals, I'm starting with Ilum because the Jedi characters get that one freebie, but I'm ultimately aiming for 2x Kimber Stones ("Stun Setting"), 2x Lorrdian Gemstones (adding Defensive and Deflection), and maybe 2x Sapith Gems ("property damage" with Breach 2). Therefore I hope to trade in the 2x Ilum Crystals at one point. ... And I just realised that I can also mod the Illum Crystals in the meantime, so there's that change still coming (for some reason I was thinking that crystal mods were a sizeable cost).

The backstory has been adjusted a bit to account for a different Morality and some extra Motivations. I've added a bit to the Side-Story section at the bottom, but am still lacking Kaminoan/other names. The side-story probably needs to be padded out a bit more.

Edited by Bellona
Typo.

Those item stats look interesting! I'll have to think about some of them.

As it stands, unless I have difficulties with using the Force (or don't survive the enounter!), I shouldn't have any problems with healing myself. And any Force or mundane Medicine Wound healing that I do will usually be accompanied by Strain healing too. And this works on both myself and others. Basically, I'm the Cleric! :)

That protective alchemical talisman from UP ... what's the Temple stance on making/using that kind of stuff?

Edited by Bellona
Clarity is good!
1 hour ago, Bellona said:

Those item stats look interesting! I'll have to think about some of them.

As it stands, unless I have difficulties with using the Force (or don't survive the enounter!), I shouldn't have any problems with healing myself. And any Force or mundane Medicine Wound healing that I do will usually be accompanied by Strain healing too. And this works on both myself and others. Basically, I'm the Cleric! :)

That protective alchemical talisman from UP ... what's the Temple stance on making/using that kind of stuff?

If they know about it, likely Disappointment/disapproval from some jedi but not more than that (you wouldn't be kicked out of the order or forced to give it up). This one is purely lightside/protective/defensive so your on the up and up according to the jedi code but some jedi are biased against all alchemical crafting OTHER THAN ATTUNING A LIGHTSABER CRYSTAL (so they're hypocrites) but that's their problem not yours.

Edited by EliasWindrider