PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: Misc

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

@Demon4x4 @vandarl how are those characters coming

@Bellona @AnomalousAuthor @MrTInce are there any changes to gear or build you want

And I still need morality/duty/obligation related campaign spanning character growth side.story synopses from most of you (if I recall correctly, @Bellona and @MrTInce have met or largely met the requirements) I would have liked to start this tomorrow but... we also seem to have been ghosted by @AbsatSolo are down a player so I'm going to check the waiting list which I think is empty and then open it up to one more player.

32 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

@Demon4x4 @vandarl how are those characters coming

@Bellona @AnomalousAuthor @MrTInce are there any changes to gear or build you want

And I still need morality/duty/obligation related campaign spanning character growth side.story synopses from most of you (if I recall correctly, @Bellona and @MrTInce have met or largely met the requirements) I would have liked to start this tomorrow but... we also seem to have been ghosted by @AbsatSolo are down a player so I'm going to check the waiting list which I think is empty and then open it up to one more player.

Yeah, I’ll get cracking on it once more this evening. Been a bit busy this week.

I'm also curious how the following homebrew universal spec would play so it's on the table if anyone wants to take it. I can talk you through creating the weapon in oggdude and I think it might pair well with hunter and niman disciple. You can get more fluff here. It could be a "foreign exchange student" thing from a mandalorian splinter sect to the "proper" jedi order.

Mando'jeti (I know real "original" name, open to other names) use a weapon that is a like a double bladed lightsaber but the other end shoots (ranged light, medium range) damage and effects per crystal minus breach and Sunder, it uses a force attuned resonator (keeping the peace) to fire and has 4 hp (like a double bladed lightsaber 2 of those used by crystal) I'm tempted to give it only 3 hp. It would have 2 stat blocks like the mon cal spear blaster in "strongholds of Resistance."

So now the spec

Skills   : knowledge(lore), mechanics, melee, ranged(light)

Witchcraft Parry Sidestep Grit

| |

Renegade form-------  Secrets of the jedi---Armor master----------Parry

|

Force rating------------Hawkbat swoop-----Grit Improved armor master

| |  | |

Sarlaac sweep Moving target  toughened Improved sidestep

| | |  |

Multiple opponents--Momentum-----------Dedication--------------Improved secrets of the jedi

edit: I tried a build

https://www.mediafire.com/file/a8ed7328f69t7hl/MandoJeti.pdf/file

Edited by EliasWindrider

@EliasWindrider I was going to scale back my enhance power and go more into talents, this okay?

52 minutes ago, MrTInce said:

@EliasWindrider I was going to scale back my enhance power and go more into talents, this okay?

Sure. The game hasn't started yet. Make whatever changes you want (recall no cortosis and no gear that negates parry).

9 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Sure. The game hasn't started yet. Make whatever changes you want (recall no cortosis and no gear that negates parry).

Done, thanks.

As far as my character’s side story goes, I’m thinking I’d like to explore what it means to be human. Is he a man who has been conditioned from “birth” to be loyal or just a preprogrammed automaton with an illusion of free will? Does he ultimately have control over his actions and decisions or is he being controlled at the most fundemental level? That kind of thing. In the end run, it should probably lead to him discovering the existance of his biological control chip and removing it (or attempting to).

Not sure if that’s good enough for you @EliasWindrider or if you’d like something more in depth. Just let me know, and I’ll do my best to accomodate.

Edit: Just took a look at @Bellona ‘s. I’m totally down with you intertwining them together. They are fairly similar after all. Maybe @Bellona ‘s investigations and questions are the trigger for my character’s own self doubt.

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

Do we have access to a toolkit for modding purposes or do we need to buy one?

Also looking at making my character the rank of captain. For your campaign, what kind of duty/contribution score would best represent that?

Edited by AnomalousAuthor

I have the majority of the 'crunch' done on the character and am fiddling with gear. I am still working on the background write up trying to polish it and add more hooks for you. I should have it up in mediafire tonight or tomorrow.

Investigator/Knight/Artisan/Shien; My focus is on justice and insatiable curiosity; before the wars I was an up and coming expert on the Coruscant underworld though no match for the one that trained me. As the war grows and continues I expect to be greatly concerned with how the chaos is alowing the crime families to act unchecked and the effect that has on the civilian population.

Hmmm, that homebrew does look interesting, that could be a fun one. Hmmmm, I could go Niman instead of Shien......

Darn options and distractions. LoL

Edited by vandarl
9 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

As far as my character’s side story goes, I’m thinking I’d like to explore what it means to be human. Is he a man who has been conditioned from “birth” to be loyal or just a preprogrammed automaton with an illusion of free will? Does he ultimately have control over his actions and decisions or is he being controlled at the most fundemental level? That kind of thing. In the end run, it should probably lead to him discovering the existance of his biological control chip and removing it (or attempting to).

Not sure if that’s good enough for you @EliasWindrider or if you’d like something more in depth. Just let me know, and I’ll do my best to accomodate.

Edit: Just took a look at @Bellona ‘s. I’m totally down with you intertwining them together. They are fairly similar after all. Maybe @Bellona ‘s investigations and questions are the trigger for my character’s own self doubt.

that works

15 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I'm also curious how the following homebrew universal spec would play so it's on the table if anyone wants to take it. I can talk you through creating the weapon in oggdude and I think it might pair well with hunter and niman disciple. You can get more fluff here. It could be a "foreign exchange student" thing from a mandalorian splinter sect to the "proper" jedi order.

edit: I tried a build

here's an example build (doing a foreign exchange student thing, 18000 credits free crystal)

ok so I copied the Force attuned actuator to Mando'Jeti Saber blaster attachment. went to mods. added 2 base mods to remove sunder and breach qualities.

Then I copied the basic lightsaber hilt to Mando'jeti saber hilt. changed the price to 5K credits, enc to 2, hp to 3, added the "categories" of blaster and blaster pistol (maybe also added pistol), and added the built in attachment extended hilt saved that.

Then I copied Mando'jeti saber hilt to Mando'jeti saber hilt (blaster) (following the convention of the mon cal spear blaster it has 2 entries) I changed the skill to ranged light, range to medium, and removed the extended hilt attachment and added the Mando'Jeti Saber blaster attachment.

for this particular build I used the free ilum crystal (had to add it to both modes) I paid for the mods on one of the modes (lightsaber/blaster). I and I used the one remaining mod for the custom grip attachment. On the blaster mode, I also added the innate talent prescient shot mod from mando'jeti saber blaster attachment (had to set the price of the mod to 100 credits). on the lightsaber side I had to manually set the price of the extended hilt's vicious mod to 100 credits

(Back from a busy Saturday/Sunday and a funeral today, hence my silence over the last two days.)

If nobody objects, I would indeed like to put Secrets of the Jedi and Improved Secrets of the Jedi (so far only found officially in the Padawan Survivor universal specialization) into the Padawan specialization. My suggestion is that they replace the locations of Sense Danger and Beginner's Luck respectively on the Padawan tree (echoing their locations on the Padawan Survivor tree).

13 hours ago, AnomalousAuthor said:

Do we have access to a toolkit for modding purposes or do we need to buy one?

Also looking at making my character the rank of captain. For your campaign, what kind of duty/contribution score would best represent that?

The Jedi multi-tool (a.k.a. lightsabre maintenance kit) is the best thing for the job, and comes as a free component with the Jedi utility belt. (Both found in Keeping the Peace, pp. 53 and 52 respectively. (Assuming that your question is with regard to a lightsabre and its attachments and mods.)

Edited by Bellona
Clarity

I have a question regarding the interpretation of a particular control upgrade to the Farsight Force power (Savage Species pp. 36-37) ...

"Spend a Force point to see microscopic details of one object within Engaged range." This is one of the upgrades which can be activated multiple times, increasing the number of objects by one each time.

Does it allow the user to examine a drop of blood as if using a laboratory microscope and (assuming good enough relevant Medicine and/or Xenology skill ranks and checks) make an analysis of it? For example, blood alchohol content, presence of drugs, toxins, viruses, bacteria, etc.?

A thought that just struck me: if I recall correctly, Darth Maul only used his lightsabre as a double-bladed one when he was fighting both QGJ and OWK on Naboo. In his previous duel with QGJ on Tatooine he used it as a standard lightsabre (with only one blade activated).

Does this mean that any double-bladed lightsabre can be used like a standard single-handed one? If yes, then it would obviously lose the Linked 1 weapon quality when used as a single blade. Any switching between single and double blades would probably take a manoeuvre.

2 hours ago, Bellona said:

I have a question regarding the interpretation of a particular control upgrade to the Farsight Force power (Savage Species pp. 36-37) ...

"Spend a Force point to see microscopic details of one object within Engaged range." This is one of the upgrades which can be activated multiple times, increasing the number of objects by one each time.

Does it allow the user to examine a drop of blood as if using a laboratory microscope and (assuming good enough relevant Medicine and/or Xenology skill ranks and checks) make an analysis of it? For example, blood alchohol content, presence of drugs, toxins, viruses, bacteria, etc.?

It will let you see the exterior details of cells. Color shape, etc. Figuring out what caused the appearance of cells to change is a medicine or other related skill check.

Edited by EliasWindrider
1 hour ago, Bellona said:

A thought that just struck me: if I recall correctly, Darth Maul only used his lightsabre as a double-bladed one when he was fighting both QGJ and OWK on Naboo. In his previous duel with QGJ on Tatooine he used it as a standard lightsabre (with only one blade activated).

Does this mean that any double-bladed lightsabre can be used like a standard single-handed one? If yes, then it would obviously lose the Linked 1 weapon quality when used as a single blade. Any switching between single and double blades would probably take a manoeuvre.

Yes and incidental to switch between (but attempting to turn it off and on multiple times in a round, e.g. to bypass a parry will raise the GM's ire)

Weird unrelated factoid. When I sit on the toilet my cat wants to climb on my lap and cuddle. My wife tells me she's going to take a picture and post it to Facebook, I tell her no.

Edited by EliasWindrider
20 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

It will let you see the exterior details of cells. Color shape, etc.

So one can see that there is some foreign element, but not necessarily know what it is, unless the Medicine/Xenology results are good or the "outside" appearance and behaviour is - medically speaking - a well-known phenomenon?

On 7/23/2019 at 2:55 AM, EliasWindrider said:

Yes and incidental to switch between (but attempting to turn it off and on multiple times in a round, e.g. to bypass a parry will raise the GM's ire)

Sounds good to me.

Switching back and forth during a round didn't even enter my thoughts. It was more a question of if Mireska could hold something else in the other hand (rope, McGuffin, baby, whatever) while fighting/defending.

Edited by Bellona

And yeah, I'm still thinking about the equipment issues, particularly as that Padawan tree change gives Secrets of the Jedi to Mireska (thus reducing the difficulty for crafting a hilt).

That probably means some more crafting rolls, then seeing what's left over in the budget for armour.

But that will have to wait until some time tomorrow - I really have to sleep now!

In general, which day(s) and time slots - in which time zone - are we planning on playing?

23 minutes ago, Bellona said:

So one can see that there is some foreign element, but not necessarily know what it is, unless the Medicine/Xenology results are good or the "outside" appearance and behaviour is - medically speaking - a well-known phenomenon?

You nailed it, but if your character has 4+ ranks of medicine or the situation specific skill and flip a destiny point (from white to black) you'll automatically succeed at the diagnosis (provided it's EVER been medically documented) sometimes it may be a correct hunch on the part of your character/the most likely of several possible interpretations because convergence of multiple medical details/reasons rather than certainty, but you the player will get the truth from me the GM and it'll be up to you to roleplaying it as a hunch your character believes but isn't sure about. Or you can roll and take your chances but... if you're constantly using all the destiny points in the pool the other players may get a little peeved by me flipping them back to white with side effects they feel.

5 hours ago, Bellona said:

(Back from a busy Saturday/Sunday and a funeral today, hence my silence over the last two days.)

If nobody objects, I would indeed like to put Secrets of the Jedi and Improved Secrets of the Jedi (so far only found officially in the Padawan Survivor universal specialization) into the Padawan specialization. My suggestion is that they replace the locations of Sense Danger and Beginner's Luck respectively on the Padawan tree (echoing their locations on the Padawan Survivor tree).

Any player with an objection has until Wednesday evening to state it. I'll rule Thursday morning (mountain time, UTC-6 or 7 i think depending on daylight savings time)

28 minutes ago, Bellona said:

And yeah, I'm still thinking about the equipment issues, particularly as that Padawan tree change gives Secrets of the Jedi to Mireska (thus reducing the difficulty for crafting a hilt).

That probably means some more crafting rolls, then seeing what's left over in the budget for armour.

But that will have to wait until some time tomorrow - I really have to sleep now!

In general, which day(s) and time slots - in which time zone - are we planning on playing?

For play by posts I don't think timezones matter that much. I would like everyone to try to make a 1 paragraph IC post daily, knowing that there will be days when people can't post. If a player makes at least 1 IC post in the real world week (Monday to sunday) they'll get the 5 xp for that real world week. I'll award each Monday and you can spend it immediately. Try not to make more than 3 IC posts in the same 24 hour period so that everyone has a chance to react. I hope that people will be coordinating in the OOC thread so that everyone is on the same page before you post something that could be controversial.

everybody read this post.

I shouldn't have to say this but experience says I need to, if you want to roleplay pvp conflict/tension you need to get the other person to sign on for it first. the default assumption is that the characters are allies with a good working relationship.

6 hours ago, Bellona said:

My condolences.

I thought this deserved it's own post so it didn't get diluted by game related stuff

Edited by EliasWindrider