PBP Alt Univ: Clone Wars: Misc

By EliasWindrider, in Star Wars: Force and Destiny Beginner Game

@Daeglan @AnomalousAuthor @Sincereagape @Rabobankrider @Jonas Shaaf @AtariAssasin @AbsatSolo

This is where we'll organize and discuss before launching the OOC and IC threads... feel free to spitball character ideas, particularly your side stories and how the characters interalate... feel free to suggest changes to the history. Btw I'm ok with power gaming (optimized characters that are clearly within the rules) but not munchkinism (breaking or bending rules, rules lawyering to argue for a loophole, to get something the rules don't support).

If someone wants to play a mercenary friend of a jedi with their own appropriately sized ship that's cool and if necessary (e.g. to get sufficient passenger capacity, etc.) you can use the nubian design collective crafting houserules (in the AoR forum) to spec a custom ship (subject to my approval, tell me what you want and we'll negotiate something reasonable)

Here's think to the original thread so it's easy to find

Edit: And we're using a modified version of the jedi padawan spec and I added a jedi librarian and jedi ronin spec to bring the jedi career up to a full 6 specs... you can find them here

Edited by EliasWindrider

I'm looking at a couple of ideas for force users currently. The first is a stealth based character, maybe a Kubaz in the jedi order, while the other is more of a druid style character, more attuned with nature and maybe some alchemy based stuff. That idea I had was that this character would be a part of a force order that supports the jedi like the baran-do sages, as opposed to being an actual jedi.

In terms of none jedi I also have a couple of ideas. I was thinking either a clone engineer/artilleryman, big guns and vehicles being his speciality. Alternatively maybe a service droid or a republic representative, designed more to be a social character for negotiations etc.

Edited by Rabobankrider

My idea is a classic Jedi Knight.. Defender of Justice. a bit of a Qui-gon Jinn type. Chafes a bit at how the Order in its short sightedness is causing much of the problems in the republic.

7 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

I'm looking at a couple of ideas for force users currently. The first is a stealth based character, maybe a Kubaz in the jedi order, while the other is more of a druid style character, more attuned with nature and maybe some alchemy based stuff. That idea I had was that this character would be a part of a force order that supports the jedi like the baran-do sages, as opposed to being an actual jedi.

In terms of none jedi I also have a couple of ideas. I was thinking either a clone engineer/artilleryman, big guns and vehicles being his speciality. Alternatively maybe a service droid or a republic representative, designed more to be a social character for negotiations etc.

I have no objection to any of those concepts but have a story reason to be in the warzone (for the baron do maybe another jedi player is a close friend or something, or an official representative of the baron do assigned to be there to sho solidarity) and make sure you write enough about what you want your side story to be so that I can draft a personal story arc for your character

So my thinking is my characters goal is to minimize the damage of the war. To that end I think my character wants to pursue the tangled mess that is where the clone army came from. Who the Sith lord was that was involved in its creation. tracking down Darth Sidious.

Did you dicide on 800 or 900 xp?
Can we get the summation here with any refinements here?

2 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Did you dicide on 800 or 900 xp?
Can we get the summation here with any refinements here?

I haven't had time to optimize a character with jedi spec to see how over the top they can be/or if the extra 100 is needed to bring the the right level of maturity... but if you want an answer today it would be 800... if you show me an 800 or build (ogg dude character sheet pdf) and it doesn't feel sufficiently mature to me I'll give you the extra 100 on day one but you should get 260 xp per year which equates to one four hour session every month (my like play goal). With an arc closing bonus. So you shouldn't be hurting for xp.

I will get a summation in the first post of the ic thread.

5 hours ago, EliasWindrider said:

I haven't had time to optimize a character with jedi spec to see how over the top they can be/or if the extra 100 is needed to bring the the right level of maturity... but if you want an answer today it would be 800... if you show me an 800 or build (ogg dude character sheet pdf) and it doesn't feel sufficiently mature to me I'll give you the extra 100 on day one but you should get 260 xp per year which equates to one four hour session every month (my like play goal). With an arc closing bonus. So you shouldn't be hurting for xp.

I will get a summation in the first post of the ic thread.

I can't attach not enough space in 256k
I can get the xml small enough

Damien Maris - Human Jedi.xml

Edited by Daeglan
3 hours ago, Daeglan said:

I can't attach not enough space in 256k
I can get the xml small enough

Damien Maris - Human Jedi.xml 254.23 kB · 1 download

I have a mediafire account where I upload stuff to and post a link

We'll go with 900 xp (nominally say the 800 xp version was the opening scene on genosis and time passes in the subsequent cut scene to get you to 900 xp, but use the 900 xp version on genosis for simplicity). Just to make sure there are no arguments later... please acknowledge that you saw the alteration I made to the crossgaurd lightsaber in the other thread... your triumph etc doesn't disarm they have to roll a despair on an attack that you parry and you get to spend the despair to disarm them (as opposed to improved parry). And naboo was NOT liberated by the gungan army in this universe.

33 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

We'll go with 900 xp (nominally say the 800 xp version was the opening scene on genosis and time passes in the subsequent cut scene to get you to 900 xp, but use the 900 xp version on genosis for simplicity). Just to make sure there are no arguments later... please acknowledge that you saw the alteration I made to the crossgaurd lightsaber in the other thread... your triumph etc doesn't disarm they have to roll a despair on an attack that you parry and you get to spend the despair to disarm them (as opposed to improved parry). And naboo was NOT liberated by the gungan army in this universe.

yup i saw your cross guard change. Does the change work like sum djem or the weapon drops at their feet? Just so i am clear

On Naboo. is Padme trying to hook up with the Separatist...
Oh and the bit on the living force and Jar Jar and Naboo. is just notes for understanding the character point of view.

Edited by Daeglan

This is my idea for the druid type: http://swsheets.com/c/ft3mcaqke-tuno-gos It's built around the 800 and I haven't done the backstory/equipment etc yet.

3 hours ago, Rabobankrider said:

This is my idea for the druid type: http://swsheets.com/c/ft3mcaqke-tuno-gos It's built around the 800 and I haven't done the backstory/equipment etc yet.

Ok... there seems to be a difference of interpretation between you and daeglan... to put things on the same playing field we'll make it 900 EARNED xp

4 hours ago, Daeglan said:

yup i saw your cross guard change. Does the change work like sum djem or the weapon drops at their feet? Just so i am clear

On Naboo. is Padme trying to hook up with the Separatist...
Oh and the bit on the living force and Jar Jar and Naboo. is just notes for understanding the character point of view.

Sum djem

25 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

Sum djem

If you get the talent is there a benefit to crossguard and the the talent?

Should we take a duty? I know for a Jedi you would not get the benefits but it might matter for contribution rank later? I am assuming it would be to the republic or the Jedi. I suspect which will depend on the party?

Edited by Daeglan
37 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

If you get the talent is there a benefit to crossguard and the the talent?

Should we take a duty? I know for a Jedi you would not get the benefits but it might matter for contribution rank later? I am assuming it would be to the republic or the Jedi. I suspect which will depend on the party?

Sum djem explicitly requires GM approval (and if it's not dooku ventress or sidious or another PC you have it) you also do it on an attack (spend triumph). The crossgaurd works when they attack you (despair) and does not require GM approval.

Edited by EliasWindrider

I expect duty for clones and morality for force users

Ok.

Just now, EliasWindrider said:

I expect duty for clones and morality for force users

I went with morality. I was just thinking it might be worth tracking for contribution rank purposes and measuring how the party is viewed by the republic. As well as telling you types of stories we are interested in :)

29 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

Ok.

I went with morality. I was just thinking it might be worth tracking for contribution rank purposes and measuring how the party is viewed by the republic. As well as telling you types of stories we are interested in :)

Duty is a zero to hero mechanic that helps you scrounge for resources, which kind of makes sense for an army of clones that need to distinguish themselves to get noticed but jedi are starting day one as a general (military rank regardless of whether or not you have the spec) with the backing of the republic, so it doesn't really fit mechanically and I can tell the story without the mechanic. What will help me tell the story better is what I asked for... your character's personal side story write up with plenty of hooks. I'll repeat.... whatever you want your character's personal growth story arc to be put that in your side story write up, it should of course relate to the morality of force users but it doesn't need to stop there.

Could you look at the stuff timeline between Naboo and Geonosis and post the alterations. I wanna do my background a bit but with the Naboo changes i am curious how that rippled out?

Anyone else have thoughts on what changed? Was Valorum still assasinated? Did any of the stuff in approaching storm happen?

3 hours ago, Daeglan said:

Could you look at the stuff timeline between Naboo and Geonosis and post the alterations. I wanna do my background a bit but with the Naboo changes i am curious how that rippled out?

Anyone else have thoughts on what changed? Was Valorum still assasinated? Did any of the stuff in approaching storm happen?

It doesn't ripple out that much (the absence of Jar jar binks, is what prevents him from getting emergency powers) and valorum was still alive close to the end of the clone wars, so I don't know where that you're getting that he was asssinated.

7 minutes ago, EliasWindrider said:

It doesn't ripple out that much (the absence of Jar jar binks, is what prevents him from getting emergency powers) and valorum was still alive close to the end of the clone wars, so I don't know where that you're getting that he was asssinated.

He was assasinated via shuttle in the book approachimg storm. Why i asked. Just trying to get a feel for the 10 years between phantom and attack.

Like would Padme have seperatists leaning since the Republic screwed her?

2 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

He was assasinated via shuttle in the book approachimg storm. Why i asked. Just trying to get a feel for the 10 years between phantom and attack.

Like would Padme have seperatists leaning since the Republic screwed her?

He appears alive in close to the end of the clone wars cgi series.

Trade federation was aligned with separatists so she doesn't have another option to turn to.

Edited by EliasWindrider